Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

What's cooking in 2.1??

al83 8:07 PM - 26 September, 2018
So SDJ Pro 2.1 must be around the corner? Been a while since the last update..

What's everyone hoping to see in the next version? I want to see various library management and usability improvements to take us up to par with RB, and issues ironed out with latest touchbar macs.
Chino 8:36 PM - 26 September, 2018
I'd like the focus to be on overall stability & CPU optimizations. SDJ Pro 2.0 uses more CPU resources than previous versions. I would be extremely grateful if Serato added one particular feature...
DAY MODE!!!
So Fresh 8:40 PM - 26 September, 2018
Library management improvements
and improved auto save features. It all feels a bit dated
al83 8:42 PM - 26 September, 2018
Quote:
Library management improvements
and improved auto save features. It all feels a bit dated

agreed. I actually use RB to organise my music now as the custom tags are an incredible feature, then i write the tags to ID3 and import into serato as I still don't trust RB with live playing DVS.
popnwave 10:38 PM - 26 September, 2018
I'd love to see the VIDEO plug in updated, or at least the bugs squashed that have plagued it for 3 years+ now.
Chino 10:47 PM - 26 September, 2018
Quote:
I'd love to see the VIDEO plug in updated, or at least the bugs squashed that have plagued it for 3 years+ now.

In the past I was all for a Serato video update. After using Mix Emergency, I don't know if I could go back to using Serato video. Mix Emergency has me extremely spoiled!!
popnwave 10:52 PM - 26 September, 2018
Quote:

In the past I was all for a Serato video update. After using Mix Emergency, I don't know if I could go back to using Serato video. Mix Emergency has me extremely spoiled!!

I just feel bad for the PC users that jumped ship for VDJ because its been so bad. They could really do some interesting overlay stuff for streamers at this point if they wanted to recapture folks. I've used ME for years as well, lol.
Mr. Goodkat 10:55 PM - 26 September, 2018
i wouldnt expect anything new or any changes. Updates will just be to add mixers/controllers.
DJ Tecniq 6:43 AM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
+1 I feel it’s owed to the SV users that have paid for their software and it’s subpar. They should just discontinue it all around if no update will come soon.
al83 8:30 AM - 25 October, 2018
So the Beta of 2.1 has been announced!

Really excited about Serato Play - laptop only mixing/DJing, finally!! Let’s see what this turns out!!
Mr. Goodkat 6:46 PM - 25 October, 2018
i was wrong, looks like a good update
benictrs 11:19 PM - 25 October, 2018
Quote:
i was wrong, looks like a good update

Does it ?
Mr. Goodkat 11:22 PM - 25 October, 2018
well some things happened and it wasnt just to add a 129$ controller, so that is good
Telony Ex 2:45 AM - 26 October, 2018
I hope the serato play add on will allow user to use any harware soundcard. Cross fingers. Pioneer exclusive hardware now compatible. Ddj1000 finally
DJ Tecniq 3:08 AM - 26 October, 2018
They fixed Serato Video...sike😉
al83 5:02 AM - 26 October, 2018
Quote:
I hope the serato play add on will allow user to use any harware soundcard. Cross fingers. Pioneer exclusive hardware now compatible. Ddj1000 finally

I would say that unless you are able to map any hardware and able to map all controls I wouldn’t pay for the expansion pack.. so I’d imagine that you can, otherwise what’s the use for it?
Djkom 10:27 AM - 26 October, 2018
Quote:

Really excited about Serato Play - laptop only mixing/DJing, finally!! Let’s see what this turns out!!

Seriously !? SDJ "Pro" with a LAPTOP-ONLY djing mode, what a joke !!!
Even if this could be handy in some special cases (hardware issues, mix preparation...) it's definitely not a feature that "Pro" djs were expecting !
I may be wrong but I think it's not a feature that will allow any soundcard/controller to be used...
al83 11:17 AM - 26 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I may be wrong but I think it's not a feature that will allow any soundcard/controller to be used...

Well then it’s totally pointless!
novakone 11:23 AM - 26 October, 2018
It’s pointless. If their aiming the product towards a clientele happy to “DJ” off a headphone jack on a laptop then ill be fucking off over to Traktor thanks.
Dj cuervo 9:29 PM - 26 October, 2018
Serato Video performance update would be nice!!
Mutis Mayfield 9:42 PM - 26 October, 2018
Serato play aka pyro expansion...
popnwave 10:02 PM - 26 October, 2018
Quote:
Serato play aka pyro expansion...

The AUTOMIX function in Rekordbox is decent, I am not going to hate on Serato if that came down the pipe for SDJ Pro.
Mr. Goodkat 10:37 PM - 26 October, 2018
one can only wish for a pyro expansion, then i could undercut the undercutters by just making playlists
al83 11:50 PM - 26 October, 2018
Quote:
It’s pointless. If their aiming the product towards a clientele happy to “DJ” off a headphone jack on a laptop then ill be fucking off over to Traktor thanks.

let's not pre-judge a product that we haven't seen or tried out yet, i'm sure Serato will have thought this through and bring us something that's actually useful!
eddie3911 5:46 AM - 27 October, 2018
I heard about it. they are supposed to be offering streaming services
Mutis Mayfield 11:40 AM - 27 October, 2018
I was kidding but it could be some kind of automix feature when the soundcard isn't plugged for some moments or changing setups between djs...
novakone 12:01 PM - 27 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

let's not pre-judge a product that we haven't seen or tried out yet, i'm sure Serato will have thought this through and bring us something that's actually useful!

Fair.

Although as previously stated I would much prefer they provided far more support for existing products than new fancy features and bloat:
But I’m not their target audience.
They’ve already got me....