Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer S9 users! Do you have this issue?

Dj Stylz-1 4:57 PM - 25 September, 2018
Hi all,

I played at my first ever silent disco which was very interesting. Since I didn't have a monitor or main speakers, I had to use my headphones the whole time. I noticed when I was switching my headphones from Cue to Master, a yellow bar would show up on Serato and the wave quality decreased and almost slowed down a bit. There was no impact to the sound thankfully. Once the yellow bar indicating my swtich from cue to master went away, the graphics when back to normal. It almost seemed like doing that used so many resources that it caused an impact on my graphics card.

I cannot see how this little move would impact the overall performance.

Hope someone else has experienced this.
Dj Stylz-1 4:58 PM - 25 September, 2018
Comp Specs:
MacBook Pro (Mid 2014)
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB Ram
DJ Tecniq 6:53 PM - 25 September, 2018
That’s incredibly odd as I’ve never had that issue with the same laptop (Mid 2014) running Sierra. Which OS are you on? You sure it wasn’t from something else and it just happened to be at the same time?
DJMIYAGI 7:09 PM - 25 September, 2018
Quote:
Hi all,

I played at my first ever silent disco which was very interesting. Since I didn't have a monitor or main speakers, I had to use my headphones the whole time. I noticed when I was switching my headphones from Cue to Master, a yellow bar would show up on Serato and the wave quality decreased and almost slowed down a bit. There was no impact to the sound thankfully. Once the yellow bar indicating my swtich from cue to master went away, the graphics when back to normal. It almost seemed like doing that used so many resources that it caused an impact on my graphics card.

I cannot see how this little move would impact the overall performance.

Hope someone else has experienced this.

Go to setup, Library + Display and adjust Maximum Screen Updates Per Second until your waveforms are smooth again.
Logisticalstyles 8:14 PM - 26 September, 2018
The yellow bar at the bottom of the screen is normal. Every Serato enabled device that I have does that when messing with the Cue/Master knob. I don't have the wave form issue though.
Dj Stylz-1 1:18 PM - 27 September, 2018
Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

I tried a few things, and it seems like it has something to do with the high resolution option. When I turned that off, it no longer does it.

I also tried @djmiyagi's solution and it appears that does help a little bit, but still a noticeable switch once the yellow bar goes away.

Any of you guys format your MacBook pros? I have had my computer now for 3 years and i'm thinking a) it's time b) it might help my graphics issue.

I upgraded to 2.04, and now we don't have to restart serato if we unplug the USB!
DJ Tecniq 3:45 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

I tried a few things, and it seems like it has something to do with the high resolution option. When I turned that off, it no longer does it.

I also tried @djmiyagi's solution and it appears that does help a little bit, but still a noticeable switch once the yellow bar goes away.

Any of you guys format your MacBook pros? I have had my computer now for 3 years and i'm thinking a) it's time b) it might help my graphics issue.

I upgraded to 2.04, and now we don't have to restart serato if we unplug the USB!
I’m on a clean install of Sierra no issues. I originally updated from Yosemite to High Sierra and had nothing but video issues/freezing. Deciding to wipe everything and went with a clean install of Sierra. Runs like butter now👍🏼 A fresh install may just be your fix at this point what else do you have to lose?
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 3:49 PM - 27 September, 2018
I recently copped a new MacBook Pro, I experience no such issues with High Resolution 1 MS latency and everything fully maxxx'd. Perhaps its the 32GB of Ram.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:17 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
I recently copped a new MacBook Pro, I experience no such issues with High Resolution 1 MS latency and everything fully maxxx'd. Perhaps its the 32GB of Ram.

Please share a video of this new machine of you can.

😎
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:17 PM - 27 September, 2018
*if
popnwave 4:26 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:

Aptidda stop coming back to the scene of the crime, you got put in time out so stay there until Serato lets you use your original account again. I'm this close to start reporting your posts again for circumventing your ban.
DJ Tecniq 5:59 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Aptidda stop coming back to the scene of the crime, you got put in time out so stay there until Serato lets you use your original account again. I'm this close to start reporting your posts again for circumventing your ban.
lol busted!
Dj Stylz-1 2:55 AM - 28 September, 2018
I’m on a clean install of Sierra no issues. I originally updated from Yosemite to High Sierra and had nothing but video issues/freezing. Deciding to wipe everything and went with a clean install of Sierra. Runs like butter now👍🏼 A fresh install may just be your fix at this point what else do you have to lose?

I think i'll do this. I have never done this however. Any good youtube videos out there that I can follow? Don't want to mess it up
Dj Stylz-1 2:57 AM - 28 September, 2018
** That was supposed to be a quote....
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 3:19 PM - 28 September, 2018
I just did an install of Mojave. I have never performed a "clean install" and never experienced issues. Good thing my Rane and Mac are in tip top!
DJ Tecniq 5:15 PM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:
I think i'll do this. I have never done this however. Any good youtube videos out there that I can follow? Don't want to mess it up
You have to have the OS install file for whichever OS you want to instal first so check your downloaded section in the App Store. Once you have that all you need is a usb drive preferably 3.0 drive for faster install.
DJ Tecniq 5:21 PM - 28 September, 2018
Here’s a tutorial make sure to backup your data you will lose everything if not. Good luck. I’ve done it many times
youtu.be
Dj Stylz-1 4:42 PM - 2 October, 2018
Quote:
Here’s a tutorial make sure to backup your data you will lose everything if not. Good luck. I’ve done it many times
youtu.be

Wanted to give you guys a bit of an update. THanks @tecniq for the tutorial. I ran into one small issue when erasing my main hard drive. It said it failed and then the drive disappeared. I freaked out a bit, took a shot, and came back. I continued the process and it only gave me the option to install the OS on the USB drive, and my main drive wasn't there at all. I restarted the computer and tried it again, and thankfully it worked!

Unfortunately, it did not fix my original issue.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 4:45 PM - 2 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
youtu.be

Wanted to give you guys a bit of an update. THanks @tecniq for the tutorial. I ran into one small issue when erasing my main hard drive. It said it failed and then the drive disappeared. I freaked out a bit, took a shot, and came back. I continued the process and it only gave me the option to install the OS on the USB drive, and my main drive wasn't there at all. I restarted the computer and tried it again, and thankfully it worked!

The S9 is definitely the culprit here, unfortunately. You could attempt to get ahold of someone as Pioneer's customer service. Be prepared for a super extended wait time and not having a mixer for 3-9 weeks. Pioneer repairs take forever!
DJ Tecniq 10:18 PM - 2 October, 2018
Quote:

Damn that sucks man sorry to hear that have you redownloaded drivers/firmware for the S9. Sounds like this may be our fault with the mixer I would contact pioneer about this or the retailer where you purchased from.
DJ Tecniq 10:19 PM - 2 October, 2018
A fault*