Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

MC7000 and Serato Scratching and Play Problem - Help please

DJ_KINDER 4:54 PM - 23 September, 2018
MC7000 latest firmware with Serato DJ Pro - I’ve been everywhere in here and online. I’ve adjusted platter sensitivity, I’ve tested that I’m plugged into grounded outlets, I’ve taken my shoes off, I’ve done absolutely everything I can think of but I’m still having the issue. The vinyl button is on, I got to scratch and it acts weird (both platters), and then won’t scratch it moves like a jog and then it won’t play when pressing the play button. For play to operate correctly I restart software, turn off vinyl mode and then don’t attempt to scratch. I can search through the songs using the platter or needle drop and works perfectly just doesn’t work with scratching which I really need.

I’m using a Microsoft surface to powered USB hub. Hard drive is external portable Toahiba Canvio.

Any and all ideas are absolutely welcome. I’m close to giving up and trying a different brand but I’ve always been Denon/Serato since 2003! Thank you.
RR437T 5:18 PM - 23 September, 2018
Try and put some songs on the internal drive and unplug the external. I would also try it without the hub.
DJ Tecniq 7:37 PM - 23 September, 2018
What are the specs of your machine. Isn’t that a tablet? Make sure you have the required specs for SDJ software.
DJ JulioYEG 8:35 PM - 23 September, 2018
my guy you are djing on a tablet that has no where near enough processing power to run the monster of a controller the mc7000 is
DJ Tecniq 9:39 PM - 23 September, 2018
Quote:
my guy you are djing on a tablet that has no where near enough processing power to run the monster of a controller the mc7000 is
I agree and think the main issue is the computer is not powerful enough. Check the cpu bar at the top right of SDJ if this is anywhere hitting red that means your machine is under spec for the software which in turn causes your controller to have performance issues.
DJ JulioYEG 9:54 PM - 23 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
I agree and think the main issue is the computer is not powerful enough. Check the cpu bar at the top right of SDJ if this is anywhere hitting red that means your machine is under spec for the software which in turn causes your controller to have performance issues.

+1
DJ_KINDER 6:56 PM - 24 September, 2018
Thank you all for the responses. My surface is a Surface 3 with Windows 10 Pro - Intel Core i5-4500U CPU @ 1.90GGHz with 8gb of RAM. 64 bit operating system. While this is a 2 in 1 tablet PC, it's specs seem to be to and above Serato specifications - are Windows 10, i3, i5 or i7 processor with at least 1.07 GHz, at least 4gb of RAM and available USB 2.0. Thoughts? The only thing that doesn't match 100% is my one USB plug on my surface is a 3.0 instead of 2.0 but would that cause this issue?
DJ JulioYEG 6:58 PM - 24 September, 2018
usb cable swap
DJ_KINDER 7:31 PM - 24 September, 2018
Quote:
usb cable swap

I've swapped out the cable i'm using a couple of times that runs from the PC's 1 usb port to my powered hub. I wonder if it could be the powered hub?
DJ JulioYEG 8:05 PM - 24 September, 2018
run ur music internally forget the external n the hub see if that works
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:06 PM - 24 September, 2018
Could be the processor. I read that Intel U processors are geared towards browsing and emailing kinda tasks.

Did you try it on a regular laptop?

Definitely worth trying out, at least to isolate the issue
DJ Tecniq 9:28 PM - 24 September, 2018
Your Serato hardware is never supposed to be plugged into a hub. Forget the hub and connect the hardware directly to the USB port. This is why 1 USB port computers aren’t convenient you’re running too many devices off a hub that is shared with other devices what’s going to go wrong🤔
DJ Tecniq 9:34 PM - 24 September, 2018
Serato support doesn’t recommend running your Serato hardware off a usb hub esp if you have other devices connected to it. If you use an external try to put your music on your tablet’s drive instead. As for the specs they meet the requirements i think the hub is the issue here.
DJ JulioYEG 9:42 PM - 24 September, 2018
i think the lesson is buy the right equipment for the job lol surfaces barley run shoe express
DJ JulioYEG 9:43 PM - 24 September, 2018
show *
DJ Tecniq 9:54 PM - 24 September, 2018
Quote:
i think the lesson is buy the right equipment for the job lol surfaces barley run shoe express
This is true i just couldn’t see myself or a DJ using a tablet for Serato. A laptop seems more sufficient and reliable.
DJ JulioYEG 10:07 PM - 24 September, 2018
or be like aptida and get a mac mini and flex with ur 72 the king of all mixers ;) right ap?
DJ_KINDER 11:12 AM - 25 September, 2018
Good to know - thanks, all. I'll give it a go and report back.
PaulT99 8:42 PM - 30 September, 2018
As an IT guy as well, the Surface Pro's are pants. Very underpowered, even though they have an i5 processor. The storage is MMC flash which is very slow indeed.

I brought a 2nd hand Dell Precision i7 Laptop for use on Serato as a dedicated unit. Windows 7 Pro x64 (Dont use win10 for Serato!).
Stuck 16GB RAM in it, and a large SSD and its super quick and fluid.
DJ JulioYEG 8:45 PM - 30 September, 2018
just get a mac LOL
PaulT99 8:47 PM - 30 September, 2018
Quote:
just get a mac LOL

With the endless problems people have with Macs and Serato.... no thanks.
DJ JulioYEG 8:50 PM - 30 September, 2018
Endless? LOL, I thought i heard it was opposite day today! anyways check the forums and tell me about the problems with windows computers and the software drivers and mixers also not to mention the fact that the devs said that Serato runs better on a mac you have your preference but facts are facts my guy check em
DJ Tecniq 5:21 AM - 1 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
just get a mac LOL

That’s because they are stupid and bought Touchbars w/1 USB port that has to be shared.
DJ JulioYEG 1:27 PM - 1 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
just get a mac LOL

That’s because they are stupid and bought Touchbars w/1 USB port that has to be shared.

LOL +1
BOOGIEFROMCUR 4:18 AM - 25 March, 2019
Quote:
Endless? LOL, I thought i heard it was opposite day today! anyways check the forums and tell me about the problems with windows computers and the software drivers and mixers also not to mention the fact that the devs said that Serato runs better on a mac you have your preference but facts are facts my guy check em

But he wrote "dedicated" and thats the secret of having a reliable serato windows unit. Most windows users have a lot of garbage installed on their units that are not compatible and drian their laptops. I am about to try a refurbished I7 juiced up dell precision workstation as the prices are really good at this moment. From having a 17" unit as a mobile workstation before I can tell you that they are really powerfull and don't hikkup under stress. Anf btw I run a dedicated Mac Book Pro for serato.