DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Thinking about getting the Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 or Pioneer DDJ-SB3

Callum-Mac 8:50 AM - 22 September, 2018
Currently, I have the Numark Party Mix which I got for my 12th birthday. I've nearly had the controller for 1 year and think I have the skill set to move on because the limitations of the device are holding me back. I just wanted to ask if I should buy the Mixtrack Pro 3 or save up a little for the Pioneer DDJ-SB3. Thank you!
The Real Dj Danger 2:30 PM - 30 September, 2018
If you can afford it, you may want to look into a little bit more of a controller, I know at 13, money isn't a readily available commodity , I just think that in a year from now, you're going to be back to wanting to upgrade controllers again. However, either of the 2 decks you listed are good pieces of equipment. Especially for just practicing at home. Used may be the way to go, to get into higher end controllers. Anyway, good luck on whichever you choose, and keep mixing.
Ollie 4:31 PM - 30 September, 2018
Go with a Pioneer DDJ- SR2. It's a step up and it's more professional looking. You'll be happy with it for years.
Callum-Mac 5:36 PM - 8 October, 2018
Thanks! Unfortunately I can't get a SR2 as it is too much money but I am going to look into the SB3 for christmas. I'm sorry I didn't reply early.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 5:59 PM - 8 October, 2018
If your parents are willing to cough up the dough for a controller at that amount. How about just pushing them for a Rane 72 and 2x Rane 12's? It will hold its value and be a great investment in your future. Give it a shot and see what they say!
Callum-Mac 6:35 PM - 8 October, 2018
Just asked and they laughed at the price! I'm looking at getting one for £250 and more than 10x that is just too much!
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 7:15 PM - 8 October, 2018
Quote:
Just asked and they laughed at the price! I'm looking at getting one for £250 and more than 10x that is just too much!

Never know if you don't ask! Good attempt!
Ollie 6:23 PM - 9 October, 2018
Quote:
Thanks! Unfortunately I can't get a SR2 as it is too much money but I am going to look into the SB3 for christmas. I'm sorry I didn't reply early.

Then go with the previous version Pioneer DDJ SR. It's only $100 more or you can find a used one for the same price as the DDj-SB3. You'll have better sound quality and a better controller. It's going to end up costing the same as an SB3. You still have to pay for the Serato DJPro license to upgrade the SB3 from DJ Intro.
DJ JulioYEG 4:22 PM - 10 October, 2018
get a nicer used contoller