Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

weird scope for Numark X2

MrFreeze 9:59 PM - 19 September, 2018
Ive had my Numark X2 in storage for a while and decided to break them out to play with them again. But when hooked up to Serato the scope shows an odd reading I have a screen shot but not sure how to post it? I will add that for those that are not familiar with the X2 it is a turntable with vinyl and CD capabilities (Hybrid). There are three outputs One for phono one for CD and one for Both together. I had it hooked up to the phono out. thanks

not sure if anyone is able to see this?

/Users/djfreeze68/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 5.48.32 PM.png
doop 7:57 PM - 20 September, 2018
Upload your image to a service like imgur.com and then post that URL here. We can't see a file that's sitting on your computer.
MrFreeze 10:14 PM - 20 September, 2018
hows this?

imgur.com
DJ Tecniq 4:36 AM - 21 September, 2018
Quote:
hows this?

imgur.com
My guess is dirty needle cartridge or tonearm or maybe just a dusty CV.
MrFreeze 4:55 AM - 21 September, 2018
thats what i was thinking. But both control vinyls are new, I also tried cartridge on the other TT and it works fine, only think I can think of is maybe the tonearm? is there a way to clean the contacts inside of it? or could it be faulty?
Mutis Mayfield 10:13 PM - 21 September, 2018
Can you try a regular record and compare it with another tt?
CMOS 11:14 PM - 21 September, 2018
Quote:
thats what i was thinking. But both control vinyls are new, I also tried cartridge on the other TT and it works fine, only think I can think of is maybe the tonearm? is there a way to clean the contacts inside of it? or could it be faulty?

Try cleaning out the tornearm with a pencil eraser.
DJMIYAGI 7:36 PM - 24 September, 2018
Clean the contacts inside the tonearm like CMOS said and back off your counterweight. That scope readout means too much weight
MrFreeze 4:55 PM - 10 October, 2018
found out I had the tone arm mechanism way too high! thanks all!