Burning a mix from Serato to CD Advice please

Bro Funk 3:31 PM - 19 September, 2018
I tryed burning a mix i did to CD via windows media player
it said it burnt but went to play in car NOT RECOGNISED

Can someone recommend a burner that works and recognises a serato file/mix

thanks
matt
doop 4:46 PM - 19 September, 2018
You have to burn the CD in what's called "Red Book" mode (a standard audio CD) instead of as a data CD.

A great way to test whether you've done this properly is to insert the CD in your computer. Does it show up and play like an audio CD? Or does it behave more like a CD-ROM?

In the days when I still used CDs, I used Adobe Audition to premaster and burn them (although these days my car has a USB port into which I just plug a USB memory stick). You may find that a proper premastering suite like Roxio Creator, Alcohol 120%, etc. will let you master your CD as a Red Book audio disc.
17tr2 5:07 PM - 19 September, 2018
You're probably not choosing the correct option when you are burning the CD. First, how long is the mix? If its over 74 minutes you can't burn a music CD that will work in a regular CD player. Your only other option is to is to burn the mix file on the disc as an MP-3. Some CD players will be able to play it, while others will not. I suspect this is what you did, and that's why it doesn't work.

If your mix is under the 74 minute limit, you can just burn the CD in iTunes. Pick the option that says to make a music CD that can be used in regular CD players. That's all you need to do. I haven't used Windows Media player in years, but you should be able to do the same thing with it as well.
Bro Funk 5:27 PM - 19 September, 2018
Hi there

The mix is 50 minutes it wont burn on media player at all.

How do i burn the mix file as MP3 ? i have no idea do you mean from serato or media player?

thanks
17tr2 6:12 PM - 19 September, 2018
"How do i burn the mix file as MP3 ?"

That's very simple. No special software is needed. Copy the file and paste it into the drive that has the blank CD in it. Then right click on the mix file and pick the option to burn it to the CD. If your CD player is MP-3 compatible, it will play off of that CD.

If that doesn't work, just install iTunes and pick the option to burn a music CD. That's also very simple, so if that doesn't work, something may be broken.

I also forgot to mention in my last post, that its very common to get bad blank CD's. If it looks like you are doing everything right, try a different CD. The quality control on those things is very low.
Dj cuervo 7:57 PM - 19 September, 2018
If you want to create multiple CD tracks. There is a program called Sony cd architect on Windows.