Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Sample turns into 2 bits when scratching slow

DJ CUTLOOSE 12:01 AM - 16 September, 2018
I guess this may have been asked already but when I scratch slow forwards in with the pitch lock on with DVS , the sample splits into 2 , like the forward motion of a 1 click flare .

I can turn off pitch lock and it's fine , but if I'm scratching out a Hip Hop track and I've put the BPM up plus 4 it's gonna sound too weird ...

Does this always happen , if so there's nothing I can do , but if not and there's a solution I'd like to hear it.

Many thanks

DJ Cutloose
DJ JulioYEG 5:34 PM - 17 September, 2018
Whats your buffer speed @ G?
DJ JulioYEG 5:39 PM - 17 September, 2018
also are ur tracking bars dropping into red when you do it? are your stylus clean or worn? is the counterweight and tracking force changed from a previous dj if his issue is at a club install?
DJ Tecniq 10:53 PM - 17 September, 2018
If you’re using pitch n’ time it’s a known problem as it’s not used for scratching. Turn pnt off and use the reg keylock. Problem solved
DJ Tecniq 10:55 PM - 17 September, 2018
What happens is pnt is still processing the sound after you let go of the scratch causing it to sound like a train wreck. Main reason why i don’t like pnt cause it’s useless for scratching. Fast scratching it’s hsrdly noticeable.
DJ JulioYEG 12:25 AM - 18 September, 2018
Quote:
What happens is pnt is still processing the sound after you let go of the scratch causing it to sound like a train wreck. Main reason why i don’t like pnt cause it’s useless for scratching. Fast scratching it’s hsrdly noticeable.

im actually shook, i just thought my fader hand was getting weaker or i was devloping parkinsons
DJ JulioYEG 12:26 AM - 18 September, 2018
tecniq does that work for controllers too or just dvs?
DJ Tecniq 7:08 AM - 18 September, 2018
Quote:
tecniq does that work for controllers too or just dvs?
good question but i use pnt with my controller almost 24/7 and never get the audio stutter. Turn pnt on with DVS and do baby scratches or chirps you’ll hear the audio glitch for sure and the slower you get you can really hear it.
DJ CUTLOOSE 10:13 AM - 23 October, 2018
Thanks for the help , I never thought of Pitch n Time , turned it off and it's perfect