Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

When Serato Dj Pro Support for the New Denon DJ SC5000M ?

DjLouie Jr 12:46 AM - 13 September, 2018
i want to buy the new Denon DJ SC5000M When is Serato DJ Pro Support for it Coming, any idea guys
Djkom 12:36 PM - 13 September, 2018
Calm down ! The player is not even on the market yet 😅

Regarding the SDJ Pro support, It will be easy for Serato to provide it since sc5000m and sc5000 share the same core components, and the sc5000 is already supported...

The real question is what the hell Serato is doing !!! They are in dangerous position with the increase of Rekordbox DJ and future Traktor Pro 3...and nothing really relevant shows that Serato is still on top of the competition
popnwave 3:02 PM - 13 September, 2018
Quote:
The real question is what the hell Serato is doing !!! They are in dangerous position with the increase of Rekordbox DJ and future Traktor Pro 3...and nothing really relevant shows that Serato is still on top of the competition

Do you have some insider info? If you read the Rekordbox forums it's certainly no worse here than it is there. And most of us using SDJ aren't jumping to Traktor anytime soon because no one playing open format or video uses that shit.
DjLouie Jr 4:00 PM - 13 September, 2018
@Djkom Here in NYC I can get the player's today playboy trust on this, Also i couldn't careless about Rekordbox DJ or Traktor Pro 3 comes out with, I agree with @popnwave most of us working Dj's using Serato DJ Pro aren't jumping to Traktor or Rekordbox
DJ JulioYEG 5:59 PM - 13 September, 2018
Quote:
@Djkom Here in NYC I can get the player's today playboy trust on this, Also i couldn't careless about Rekordbox DJ or Traktor Pro 3 comes out with, I agree with @popnwave most of us working Dj's using Serato DJ Pro aren't jumping to Traktor or Rekordbox

lol its not even being shipped out yet. im sure you can get ur hands on a demo unit and set it back one you review it for denon thats about it playa
J.J. 6:26 PM - 13 September, 2018
I'm only buying a SC5000M if Serato DJ Native Support is not only announced, but launched!
popnwave 6:45 PM - 13 September, 2018
You guys are silly, I'm sure we will hear something in the next month.
Djkom 6:48 PM - 13 September, 2018
Quote:
You guys are silly, I'm sure we will hear something in the next month.

Do you wanna bet something ?
I'm 90% sure there will be no SDJ support until next year !
popnwave 7:04 PM - 13 September, 2018
That makes no sense with the 5000 already working fine, Denon doesn't have the same contentious relationship with Serato that Pioneer does (where some MK versions not getting added).
Djkom 7:08 PM - 13 September, 2018
Quote:

The SDJ market share fall is published in every dj tech websites.
Even if there is a strong core SDJ users, more and more djs are fed up (bugs, features, updates...) and they want to try something else: Pioneer eco system, Native Instruments production tools and djing vision...

Without new hardware, Serato business model is dead. And I can't see any new SDJ hardware that will be able to compete Pioneer and Native Instruments...
Denon is focused on the prime series and engine software, Rane is focused on turntablist niche market, numark is now bullshit...
popnwave 7:20 PM - 13 September, 2018
Quote:
The SDJ market share fall is published in every dj tech websites.

I'd love to know what you are talking about because no one releases that info.

Native Instruments and Serato are both private companies, so sales aren't disclosed. Pioneer is the only public one of the three.

You can take whatever anecdotal stuff people post on blogs (kinda like the ones saying iTunes is shutting down every 6 months) or you go with what history has shown. And so far Denon, when it has released hardware, has had a close connection with the Serato devs. With Engine Prime being behind the curve it makes no sense to not play nice with SDJ.
CMOS 8:02 PM - 13 September, 2018
People us traktor at clubs?

Ive never seent that shit.
DjLouie Jr 8:15 PM - 13 September, 2018
@CMOS Me Either
Quote:
People us traktor at clubs?

Ive never seent that shit.

Me Ether Ive never seen traktor in the wild (LMFAO) 😂😂😂
popnwave 8:24 PM - 13 September, 2018
I actually see VDJ in the wild more than Traktor these days.
Chino 8:39 PM - 13 September, 2018
Quote:
I actually see VDJ in the wild more than Traktor these days.

+1. I have seen many mobile DJs who prefer windows using VDJ.
DjLouie Jr 8:52 PM - 13 September, 2018
BTW Boys & Girls The Denon DJ SC5000M are in stock Today here in NYC Like i said Feel free to cal my local Sam Ash Music Store @ 333 W 34th St, New York, NY 10001(212) 719-2299 there's Punch & Pie in the back enjoy 🥤🥧
Djkom 6:40 AM - 14 September, 2018
You guyz are killing me, even in 2018 you still think U.S is the center of the World 😒

Improve your global knowledge, read other forums, visit other countries !

Here is quickly a two years old post from djtechtools but still relevant:
djtechtools.com
Djkom 7:51 AM - 14 September, 2018
Another global survey:
www.digitaldjtips.com

I'm not saying Serato is no longer the leader. I'm saying they are loosing market share and popularity with the rise up of Rekordbox.
Also TRUST me when I talk about the future Traktor Pro 3 !! can't say more for the moment. Have to wait September 25th 😉
DjLouie Jr 2:38 PM - 14 September, 2018
Quote:
You guyz are killing me, even in 2018 you still think U.S is the center of the World 😒

djtechtools.com

Nobody here is saying U.S is the center of the world, All I said is The Denon DJ SC5000M are in stock Today here in NYC & when is Serato Support coming for them, as of now they are completely useless to me the SC5000M have no cd drive & must be used in HID Mode so i don't see how i can use them with SDJ until then i will not buy them 😎
Chino 3:04 PM - 14 September, 2018
Quote:

Don't be ridiculous... The U.S. is NOT the center of the world... We are just the CENTER of the DJ UNIVERSE!!! LOL...

Back in 2004, delegates from the GREAT Maori nation of New Zealand met with ambassadors of the Rane corporation. The goal was two fold:

1. Enhance the DJ community (& world) with state of the art DJ software.
2. Establish an alliance to combat the growing threat of the Pioneer DJ empire.

The DJ software cold war rages on with various factions emerging such as VDJ, Traktor & others. Pioneer DJ has even released Rekordbox software to further divide & conquer...

*DISCLAIMER*
"This is all playful fiction grounded in some truth." ; )
Chino 3:11 PM - 14 September, 2018
Quote:

Visiting NZ is DEFINITELY on my list! I will humbly accept any donations!! lol
popnwave 3:45 PM - 14 September, 2018
Quote:
I'm not saying Serato is no longer the leader. I'm saying they are loosing market share and popularity with the rise up of Rekordbox.
Also TRUST me when I talk about the future Traktor Pro 3 !! can't say more for the moment. Have to wait September 25th 😉

Ok I understand you are excited to preach the doom and gloom about Serato for some reason, but you need a couple of years of surveys from the same source to really understand any shift in numbers.

Also there are a lot of us who own MULTIPLE suites, personally I have SDJ and Rekordbox but I prefer Serato. These types of metrics are lost on single selection type surveys as well.
Djkom 6:36 PM - 14 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Ok I understand you are excited to preach the doom and gloom about Serato for some reason, but you need a couple of years of surveys from the same source to really understand any shift in numbers.

Also there are a lot of us who own MULTIPLE suites, personally I have SDJ and Rekordbox but I prefer Serato. These types of metrics are lost on single selection type surveys as well.

Djtechtools survey shows the trend for the last decade.
I agree I have both SDJ and Rekordbox, but still prefer SDJ ... for the moment, that’s why I was wondering what the hell Serato is doing because the competitors are more and more appealing and aggressive in terms of innovations.
Djkom 6:39 PM - 14 September, 2018
Quote:

Don't be ridiculous... The U.S. is NOT the center of the world... We are just the CENTER of the DJ UNIVERSE!!! LOL...

/quote]

😂🤣😂🤣😂
Djkom 6:44 PM - 14 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

djtechtools.com

Nobody here is saying U.S is the center of the world, All I said is The Denon DJ SC5000M are in stock Today here in NYC & when is Serato Support coming for them, as of now they are completely useless to me the SC5000M have no cd drive & must be used in HID Mode so i don't see how i can use them with SDJ until then i will not buy them 😎

I’ve tested the sc5000 with an external hard drive which contains an export of my serato playlist....It works very well it’s impressive !! All grids, hotcues, loops were there nd the search function thanks to the 7" touch screen is super quick !
So it’s a good solution before the HID compatibility !
Djkom 6:47 PM - 14 September, 2018
With HID mode, we loose the waveforms on the sc5000, it is less handy and the Serato face is still there
dj_soo 3:16 AM - 16 September, 2018
The SC5000 also doesn't work with the 72 in HID - it causes a screen freeze on the 72 so likely the same thing will happen with the 5000M.

I think it's probably trying to send info to all 3 screens that's choking up the mixer.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:38 AM - 16 September, 2018
Quote:
The SC5000 also doesn't work with the 72 in HID - it causes a screen freeze on the 72 so likely the same thing will happen with the 5000M.

I think it's probably trying to send info to all 3 screens that's choking up the mixer.

5 screens if you include the jogwheels of the 5000.

CDJs work fine with 72.
popnwave 5:36 PM - 16 September, 2018
I thought the 72 issue was just if you used the USB ports on it to chain the decks? The one guy I've watched in town with me using that combo didn't have the problem coming off a TB dock.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:35 PM - 16 September, 2018
Quote:
I thought the 72 issue was just if you used the USB ports on it to chain the decks? The one guy I've watched in town with me using that combo didn't have the problem coming off a TB dock.

Not in my case.

I plugged the 5000s directly to the computer.

I even tried with just 1 unit...the 72 kept crashing.
DJ JulioYEG 7:04 PM - 16 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Not in my case.

I plugged the 5000s directly to the computer.

I even tried with just 1 unit...the 72 kept crashing.

open a ticket with serato and find out why
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 1:57 PM - 17 April, 2019
Hello Serato please when will be ready support for Denon SC5000M here customers are buying but only need serato dj pro support
Please help
DJ JulioYEG 3:07 PM - 17 April, 2019
Quote:
Hello Serato please when will be ready support for Denon SC5000M here customers are buying but only need serato dj pro support
Please help

use that ns7 cause it doesn't seem like they are interested in providing support lol
popnwave 3:34 PM - 17 April, 2019
Why do people buy stuff before support is added? That's like buying a video card before there are drivers?

Bad consumers!
RYAN MIRROR 11:51 AM - 28 June, 2019
Hi Serato, will there be a sc5000 support update available soon?
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:02 PM - 28 June, 2019
Quote:
Hi Serato, will there be a sc5000 support update available soon?

More of a Denon thing , best to request here as well

denondjforum.com
HTaxi 2:18 AM - 27 August, 2019
Also interested in SC5000M support - any news?
master_T 6:51 PM - 29 August, 2019
Another Dj who loves to have HID mode for the SC5000M!
Any news?
In the meanwhile i keep using the Pioneers..
J.J. 8:20 PM - 30 October, 2019
DJMIYAGI 9:38 PM - 30 October, 2019
It's here!
serato.com
Tairo Victor 9:48 PM - 30 October, 2019
Finally!
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:03 PM - 30 October, 2019
Is it a “hybrid” mode? Noticed the red bar thingy in Serato
DjLouie Jr 1:31 PM - 31 October, 2019
its about time THANK YOU!
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:40 PM - 31 October, 2019
Just testing it out

Setup - SC5000M and the S9

Quick observation

Instant double does not maintain syncing.

Sync does not maintain sync even with Both pitch at fader at 0%

It’s a near instant drift on my Deck 1 (slower than Deck 2)

Can anyone confirm similar behavior
HTaxi 1:43 PM - 31 October, 2019
Hi,

Out of curiosity does the drift occur when platters are spinning (motor on) and when platters are not spinning (motor off)?

I just setup this last night with my sc5000m also and did quick test and found some drift when platters spinning i thought too. Seemed to not drift when motors not running.
popnwave 2:42 PM - 31 October, 2019
Quote:
Just testing it out

Setup - SC5000M and the S9

Quick observation

Instant double does not maintain syncing.

Sync does not maintain sync even with Both pitch at fader at 0%

It’s a near instant drift on my Deck 1 (slower than Deck 2)

Can anyone confirm similar behavior

Sounds like the quirk that the TWELVES have as well.
dj_soo 4:42 PM - 31 October, 2019
Twelves have a way of resetting the pitch calibration - probably the same feature is available on the denons.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:16 PM - 31 October, 2019
Quote:
Twelves have a way of resetting the pitch calibration - probably the same feature is available on the denons.

How do one reset the pitch calibration on the twelves?

youtu.be
dj_soo 9:23 PM - 31 October, 2019
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:09 PM - 31 October, 2019
Quote:
dj.rane.com

HOW DO I CALIBRATE THE PITCH FADER?
If you are having trouble getting full pitch range, or notice that the neutral (”0” position) is not centered, you can calibrate the pitch range fader on your Rane TWELVE....

Thanks

No drift or pitch fader issue in standalone.

Anyways I’ve opened a ticket with Serato.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:14 PM - 1 November, 2019
New Deal on the SC5000/M

www.facebook.com

2 decks, get a mixer free
dj zaza 2:19 PM - 1 November, 2019
I confirm about the twelve there is drift, when you launch the track with the scratch, and it is slightly slower you can see that this moves slowly going faster, this can be seen not in the side waveforms but in the central beatmatch. this does not happen with version 2.1.1
dj zaza 3:20 PM - 1 November, 2019
I made a video, I hope you understand the problem, obviously it also does on the left player, no problem with instant douple
www.dropbox.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:18 PM - 1 November, 2019
Quote:
I made a video, I hope you understand the problem, obviously it also does on the left player, no problem with instant douple
www.dropbox.com

Thanks for the video. That’s with the twelves right?

The drift in your video is not as bad as what I’m experiencing.

Your tracks stick together for a longer period.

On the SC5000M once they are matched, they start drifting immediately.
dj zaza 5:26 PM - 1 November, 2019
yes this is with the 12, it is not bad the drift, the fact remains that the launch of the track takes speed, I have to do a 45 rpm test. Before making the video I reset the pitch of both
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:55 PM - 1 November, 2019
Quote:
yes this is with the 12, it is not bad the drift, the fact remains that the launch of the track takes speed, I have to do a 45 rpm test. Before making the video I reset the pitch of both

If you use sync, do they stay locked in?
dj zaza 6:00 PM - 1 November, 2019
after I try and let you know, now I talked to my brother, you have 5000 M and he confirmed the same problem after watching the video.
dj zaza 6:58 PM - 1 November, 2019
here are two videos with active sync at 33 rpm and 45 rpm, the problem of drift occurs when I launch the track, as you can see if late, it tends to increase, if thrown accurately it soon goes out of beat, pressing sync remain synchronized
(33 rpm)
www.dropbox.com

(45rpm)
www.dropbox.com
Comrade Tulayev 9:52 PM - 1 November, 2019
Of course it's gonna go out of time if the speed of the tune is tied to the rotation of the platters. No motor is going to hold exactly the same speed with zero variation. What did you expect?
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:01 PM - 1 November, 2019
Quote:
after I try and let you know, now I talked to my brother, you have 5000 M and he confirmed the same problem after watching the video.

Thanks 🙏🏾
Quote:
Of course it's gonna go out of time if the speed of the tune is tied to the rotation of the platters. No motor is going to hold exactly the same speed with zero variation. What did you expect?

Is that in relation to the 12s or Ms
Comrade Tulayev 11:10 PM - 1 November, 2019
Both of course. You never mixed on vinyl? Same thing pretty much I'd have thought.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:28 PM - 1 November, 2019
Quote:
Both of course. You never mixed on vinyl? Same thing pretty much I'd have thought.

No sir. I’ve got three turntables. Something is not right with the serato integration.

It’s not DVS, it’s HID.

No drift using the players standalone.
dj zaza 5:58 AM - 2 November, 2019
here we are talking about a drift problem that was not present until version 2.1.2. then the alerts started. if this is also reported on the 5000 M it means that there is something in the reading of the motorized midi plate that is not working properly. I can confirm that even with my Ns7 iii I find the same problem, at the moment I didn't have time to test with the dvs.
dj zaza 11:26 AM - 2 November, 2019
Serato 2.1.2
www.dropbox.com
No problem
DJ JulioYEG 1:19 AM - 3 November, 2019
Quote:
New Deal on the SC5000/M

www.facebook.com

i was gonna buy cdj 900 nxs and a djm 900 nxs2 but if tgis deal is avaiable in canada i will buy these for sure
dj_soo 1:25 AM - 3 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
New Deal on the SC5000/M

www.facebook.com

i was gonna buy cdj 900 nxs and a djm 900 nxs2 but if tgis deal is avaiable in canada i will buy these for sure

the previous Rane deal was worldwide - as were the denon prime price cuts - so I assume this is going to be worldwide deal as well.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:14 AM - 3 November, 2019
Quote:
Serato 2.1.2
www.dropbox.com
No problem

Thanks.

The only version that supports the SC5000M is 2.3.1

What’s the name of the the tracks?
dj zaza 9:21 AM - 3 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Serato 2.1.2
www.dropbox.com
No problem

Thanks.

The only version that supports the SC5000M is 2.3.1

What’s the name of the the tracks?

I don't remember, I write the titles when I get home from work.
Djkom 8:04 PM - 3 November, 2019
Seems Denon is about to drop new piece of hardware:

denondjforum.com

Looks like a SC5000 / SC5000M without jogwell/platter ...a kind of DJS 1000
Or it's just smaller version of the sc5000
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:22 PM - 4 November, 2019
Further testing with the SC5000M

1. Standalone, No drift observed. youtu.be

2. With Serato, drift noticed, tracks is staying beat-matched for 4 bars of music, its almost half a bar off by the 4th bar. youtu.be
Found a workaround - Turn motor off.
dj zaza 11:34 AM - 11 November, 2019
Hi guys, some answers from Serato for this drift problem?
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:27 PM - 11 November, 2019
Quote:
Hi guys, some answers from Serato for this drift problem?

I opened a ticket.

My initial test was with the public beta (the tidal one) firmware. Today I installed the stable release and now the drift is just the one is your video. It’s not like the one I initially reported.

It’s useable now but still drifts even with sync and antidrift enabled
dj zaza 5:51 PM - 11 November, 2019
ok, but did they reply? I continue to use 2.1.2, even if with the 12 there is the problem that if you don't touch the plate for a while as soon as you make the pitch band the track skips, but I can live with it. with the new version with the improvement of the scratch have changed something, it almost seems that the release the track starts slower and then reaches the right turns. 🧐🤔
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:43 PM - 11 November, 2019
Quote:
ok, but did they reply? I continue to use 2.1.2, even if with the 12 there is the problem that if you don't touch the plate for a while as soon as you make the pitch band the track skips, but I can live with it. with the new version with the improvement of the scratch have changed something, it almost seems that the release the track starts slower and then reaches the right turns. 🧐🤔

Yes they replied.

Jon says he is going to pass on my findings to the specialist guys.
master_T 7:41 PM - 11 November, 2019
Same problem here,
2 Sc5000M with Serato Pro. Normally i play with two Pioneers, last friday i took the Denons and mixing was Shit.

With the Pioneers no problem but with the Denons no way. It was not Shit,
hope it will be solved with the next update.

For now i'm going back to the Pioneers. ;(
dj zaza 5:58 AM - 3 December, 2019
version 2.3.2 has been released, any improvement with the drift? I have not yet had the opportunity to install and test.
popnwave 3:27 PM - 3 December, 2019
2 December, 2019

FX turn off on track load option
Slip now turns off on track load
Nudge, Eject and Keylock (PnT) buttons in Practice mode are moved
Change the mouse cursor to an up-down arrow state on rollover of BPM field in Practice mode
Unclicked BPM and Pitch Slider box has the text ‘BPM’ under the song’s BPM value when no pitch adjustment has been made to a song in practice mode
Add Status bar message when a virtual deck is in ABS/REL mode and the controller platter is moved or the play button is pressed
Fixed a memory leak
Optimised OSX Catalina Apple Music Library import
Fixed an issue where Single FX on/off parameter’s GUI doesn’t update
Fixed an issue where Beat Jump while in the Loop can cause the playhead to get out of the Loop
Fixed a crash when clearing streaming search terms while analyzing
Fixed an issue where creating/deleting Tidal playlists in Serato DJ do not update until app restart
OSC (Soundswitch and Serato Remote) delay is removed
Mouse cursor is hidden while adjusting BPM with the mouse in Practice mode (click and drag interaction)
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:22 PM - 4 December, 2019
Quote:
version 2.3.2 has been released, any improvement with the drift? I have not yet had the opportunity to install and test.

It’s still drifting.

Worse than using a bad pair of turntables.

Just tested it.

Not holding sync, I have to constantly use pitch bend to keep the tracks together as the jogs/platter nudging is too sensitive
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:11 PM - 4 December, 2019
To Add

I noticed the drifting goes away after a period of time.

Start up - drift

Mix a few tunes - then it’s fine .

I have no idea how many minutes or songs it takes to correct itself.

Anyways it shouldn’t be there from start.