Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Flight Cases

Mike Sinclair 5:48 PM - 9 September, 2018
I have a DDJ-SX2 and own the Gator G-Tour case for it. I LOVE this case. I'm considering buying a Denon MC7000, but Gator doesn't make this case for it. However, looking at dimensions of the two controllers, they seem to be fairly close, so MAYBE the Denon would fit? Anyone know if they are close enough in size for this to work?
Rebelguy 12:48 AM - 12 September, 2018
Quote:
I have a DDJ-SX2 and own the Gator G-Tour case for it. I LOVE this case. I'm considering buying a Denon MC7000, but Gator doesn't make this case for it. However, looking at dimensions of the two controllers, they seem to be fairly close, so MAYBE the Denon would fit? Anyone know if they are close enough in size for this to work?

Made the same move. The MC7000 does fit but is a tad bit deeper. XLR plugs still will work inside case but they are close to the case wall when plugged in.
DJ JulioYEG 4:11 AM - 12 September, 2018
i have a oddy case for the mc7000 want pics?
DJ JulioYEG 4:11 AM - 12 September, 2018
also how you guys enjoyin the mc7000 vs the sx2
Mike Sinclair 8:07 AM - 12 September, 2018
Thanks guys. I have the MC7000 arriving today. Rebelguy: I have right-angled XLR cables, so I should be good with a little extra depth. Looking forward to this controller.
DJ Tecniq 8:22 AM - 12 September, 2018
Regarding cases you could always put the front compartment cover that slides off and put it underneath the back of the controller. For example I have the Odyssey SR case and the SR2 was slightly bigger so i had to cut some foam out but still the cables were too tight against the back as it was a very tight fit so once I put the removable front cover underneath the back it lifting the unit just enough so that the cables had more slack and works perfect. Overall I didn’t need another case. If your front cover comes off where the headphones, mic level is then try that.