Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Software drops on Akai AMX

the latinsoul 3:28 PM - 28 August, 2018
Hello people i've been having some issues with the Akai AMX controller lately,it suddenly disconnects or simply freezes it did it a couple of times this past weekend while i was playing live on air at a radio station ...how fustrating and scary then I tried it at home it did the same thing like twice i'm running a macbook pro late 2012 i7 3.2 ghz 8g ram and 2 x SSD drives High Sierra OSx,anyone has issues with this please let me know thank you!
Logisticalstyles 12:34 PM - 30 August, 2018
Have you checked the USB connector? Does the cable fit in nice and tight?

I've never experienced this with my AMX and I'm using High Sierra on a 2013 macbook pro with the latest version of SDJ Pro.
dj_soo 6:31 AM - 31 August, 2018
did these dropouts just start happening? Change anything about your system? Test out new cables?

The most likely culprit is the cable as that's the first to go.
Aptidda 3:25 PM - 31 August, 2018
You are having "issues" with your Akai "AMX" LMAO! Wow, hmmmm lets dissect this.

In your head you thought "hey I need some sort of Serato Mixer". (Checks pockets) oh no, nothing in them. Then you thought "Hmmmm how can I mix in serato with these ancient falling apart numark decks I bought for $5 at a garage sale?". You then proceeded to feverishly search craigslist for the cheapest option you could possibly find and came across an old used and abused Akai AMX for $50. You schlepped your absolute garbage $55 setup and old ass Mac to some hole in the wall fly by night radio station to "DJ" and are wondering why you have problems?

2018 MacBook Pro 2.9 Ghz i7 with 32 GB Ram and 4TB SSD or GTFO.
HighTopFade 3:54 PM - 1 September, 2018
That happens to me when I neglect to turn off my cloud backup service. During the process, disable Wifi and Spotlight.

Given your cables and connectors are good. It may also help to remove unused audio devices including the AMX from the Audio MIDI Setup. Look into reseting the PRAM then SMC on your Macbook as well. Hope this helps.
Another Mark H 4:08 PM - 1 September, 2018
@the latinsoul

I would also suspect the cable first.

I've a very similar setup with a 2012 Macbook and the Akai AMX which seems fine.

I don't have anything else beyond what it came with on the Macbook except Serato Pro as I keep the machine for music.

Have a look at Activity monitor for any clues about something else running and potentially using resources.

support.apple.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 11:52 PM - 2 September, 2018
Aptidda,

You've been given multiple warnings about being intentionally inflammatory on the forum. Everyone here is sick of it.

I'm removing your forum posting privileges. I recommend going for a nice bush walk.

Regards,
Eru
dj_soo 3:14 AM - 3 September, 2018
ding dong the witch is dead
The Real Dj Danger 1:59 AM - 5 September, 2018
Quote:
Aptidda,

You've been given multiple warnings about being intentionally inflammatory on the forum. Everyone here is sick of it.

I'm removing your forum posting privileges. I recommend going for a nice bush walk.

Regards,
Eru

Thank you SOOOOO much. I actually HATE that troll. Im glad he has finally had a stop put to him, at least on this account
the latinsoul 4:16 PM - 22 October, 2018
Thank you to all for your comments and yes indeed it was a cable issue i got me brand new hi quality USB cables and had no problems what so ever and btw thanks for removing the "TROLL" and his stoopid comments it doesn't really help we're all family here trying to do our best entertaining the crowds.