Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Use of internal soundcard in CDJ's without a USB mixer like 850/900 attached

Kimmy TDJ 2:37 PM - 27 August, 2018
Hi,

I consider myself as a steady user of Serato DJ Pro, having 3-4 gigs a week while I'm using Serato. Lately I have tried friends setup in Rekordbox and Traktor, where you only have to connect to the CDJ's and not include the mixer, in order to get the system up and running.

It runs very smooth and you can easily make the setup personal wheter you prefer 1&2, 2&3 or 1&4 as main channels for Deck 1 and 2. This is perfect if one channel dies during a gig as well. Its now only easier and smoother, but it also takes away the need of a hub. Less nerdy tech-stash and fewer cables looks better while on stage as well. Another big thing is that most club now a days have 850/900 mixers in all their club sections, but the backup mixers are very often only the old 800 mixer.

Because of the simple and safe workday this spesific feature gives me as A DJ I'm actually seriously considering converting to Rekordbox. Not to mention that I'm in the rekordbox ecosystem even can export my custom crates directly on to a memorystick for backup purpose. I can live with rekordbox as a USB stick software if Serato opens up the possibilty to use the internal soundcards on the CDJ's. If this feature is still missing in the future months you gone loose me as a Serato user.

Back in 2007/2008 I started with Traktor, but this in not an option for me anymore after using serato.
acemc 7:42 PM - 8 November, 2018
I’m totally down for this. Perhaps they can include it in the club kit xpansion pack. Buy the club kit & get to use internal cdj Soundcards. +1000
Kimmy TDJ 3:27 PM - 9 November, 2018
BINGO!!! I got the Club Kit and it seems strange this isnt already a feature... dont know why they havent made this possible. I dj professionally and meet DJ's in all categories every week. Almost every single one of the Serato DJ's think this is a much needed feature.

Believe it or not, but many of the clubs dont upgrade their mixers until its absolutly needed or they've bought allen & heat mixers. It makes it unpredictable for us profesional Serato users when they lack this feature.
Bornd Fono 4:36 PM - 9 November, 2018
It would be best if they open up the software to all interfaces just like traktor just did with version #3. THAT would really be a game-changer!
acemc 12:42 PM - 11 November, 2018
Quote:
Believe it or not, but many of the clubs dont upgrade their mixers until its absolutly needed

This is sooo true!
90% of the venue's I play at are still using much older mixers like the Djm 600 / 700's. They won't buy a new mixer just so that some of their dj's can use serato. Even when they need to replace the old mixer, there's still no guarantee they get a SDJ certified mixer. I end up using Mixvibes Cross so that I can utilise the cdj's internal sound cards. It's easy to setup & it's actually a very stable application. I'd much rather use Serato, but I just can't justify having fork out cash for a SL2 and then still have the mission of plugging RCA's. To put the cherry on top, most clubs don't like us messing around with their setup. I really don't understand why this isn't part of the club kit.
Kimmy TDJ 9:03 PM - 11 November, 2018
Quote:
It would be best if they open up the software to all interfaces just like traktor just did with version #3. THAT would really be a game-changer!

I see the challenge of stability that Serato referes to... Traktor are strugling with stability. I have a traktor license as a workaround on the missing Standalone CDJ soundcard feature. Almost everytime I'm on this platform I get issues... its not a fun scenario when you have 2-3000 guests in the club/venue or event. I therefore always have backup USB sticks as well...

Almost everyone I know on traktor are now working on changing to rekordbox. Serato was'nt an option because of the lack of this feature.