Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SERATO DJ PRO

DJ J-ROB 12:32 PM - 27 August, 2018
I installed the latest version, and it crashes constantly. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm considering going back to an older version.
Aptidda 3:19 PM - 27 August, 2018
Not at all. I certainly know the culprit! Its your out dated Windows laptop..... Nailed it right?
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:33 PM - 27 August, 2018
go play with your mac mini and jerk off over your 72
Aptidda 3:47 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:
go play with your mac mini and jerk off over your 72

That’s some old news there sparky. Still have the Mac Mini but primarily use my brand new 2018 MBP 15 inch Touch Bar 2.9Ghz i9 - 32 GB Ram - 4 TB SSD now. No issues here, everything runs flawless. Really enjoying the speed of the well appointed SSD and RAM, never have to worry about running out of internal storage again!

You should get one too bro! Wait, wait, wait….. It’s $10,000. Sorry sparks, looks like you are certainly your SOL. You must continue paying that alimony and child support before considering updating that pile o’ trash you use now ya bum.
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:53 PM - 27 August, 2018
firstly you don't have that macbook,

and secondly only a fool like you would think you'd need such a spec'd laptop to run serato,

you should just go back to your youtube page and keep reviewing 7" scratch records
Aptidda 3:55 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:
firstly you don't have that macbook,

and secondly only a fool like you would think you'd need such a spec'd laptop to run serato,

you should just go back to your youtube page and keep reviewing 7" scratch records

Yes I do.

I must be a fool.

Make sure to thumbs down and flame!

Thanks for nothing as always sucka!
dj_soo 10:45 PM - 27 August, 2018
I’ve had this a while back - could be something got corrupted.

Start by renaming your _serato_ folder and launching the program and see if that works. Serato should create a brand new _serato_ folder.

If it does work, then start copying essential folders back into the newly created folders. Start with your crates, database, metadata files and folders. Try a couple at a time and relaunch serato to see if it crashes with any of them. If so, you’ll be able to isolate the problematic file/folder and revert back to the newly made version of that.
DJ J-ROB 12:18 PM - 29 August, 2018
dj_soo, thanks