DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

HELP! Can't sort BPM on CDJs

Krystal Lake 5:57 PM - 26 August, 2018
Hey I was wondering if you could help me. I was DJing off of CDJ 900's last night and the option to sort by BPM didn't appear, the only options displayed were sort by artist, alphabet, key, default.

I programmed rekordbox so that it would show BPM on the CDJ's but the option still didn't appear. The DJ before me was able to sort by BPM so I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong. However when I use CDJ 2000's or my XDJ 700's the sort by BPM option always appears.

Sorry if this is rude to write about this on a serato forum, but the pioneer page completely ignored me. Thanks for reading!

Also here's a video link to the problem:
youtu.be
sl1200 9:08 AM - 27 August, 2018
I don't have a solution your issue.

An but an alternative option is to create a playlist in rekordbox with all tracks, then sort by BPM. Create a new Playlist and drag the tracks from the playlist sorted in BPM Order into the new playlist.

You will now have a playlist in BPM order.
sl1200 9:13 AM - 27 August, 2018
*An alternative option is to create a playlist in rekordbox with all tracks, then sort by BPM. Create a new Playlist and drag the tracks from the playlist sorted in BPM Order into the new playlist.

Aptidda 10:24 PM - 27 August, 2018
Rane 12/72 or bust.

Pioneer gear is always acting up doing this crap.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:28 PM - 27 August, 2018
were still waiting on your vid of your new mac running all those programs with serato and your 12's
Aptidda 10:29 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:
were still waiting on your vid of your new mac running all those programs with serato and your 12's

cool story bro.....
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:34 PM - 27 August, 2018
I guess you can't record what you don't have haha
Aptidda 10:35 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:
I guess you can't record what you don't have haha

I don't spend time appeasing jealous blue collar peasants such as yourself.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:37 PM - 27 August, 2018
like i said you can't make a vid of what you don't have
Krystal Lake 10:24 AM - 28 August, 2018
Quote:
I don't have a solution your issue.

An but an alternative option is to create a playlist in rekordbox with all tracks, then sort by BPM. Create a new Playlist and drag the tracks from the playlist sorted in BPM Order into the new playlist.

Ugh yea I think I might have to do it this way for the time being. It's just a pain in the ass because I know it's solvable I just don't know how to fix it. Thanks for that hopefully I'll get it sorted out
Krystal Lake 10:34 AM - 28 August, 2018
Quote:
Rane 12/72 or bust.

Pioneer gear is always acting up doing this crap.

That would be a sick setup but I'm not really looking into buying those. The venues I DJ at either have 900's, 900 nexus or 2000's a few managers are also really set on me using their equipment instead of setting up a huge heavy control controller or anything else, but yea it's really annoying that we have to run across these problems.
sl1200 12:55 PM - 28 August, 2018
This issue seems unique to you. I use different sets of CDJ900nxs (also with different firmware) at various venues with multiple usb's flash drives and I have not had this issue.

I suggest you get the latest version of rekordbox and setup a new usb flash drive with only the BPM as an active Category.

I have the following active Categories in this order if helps:
FOLDER
BPM
PLAYLIST
SEARCH
ARTIST
TRACK
KEY
FILENAME
HISTORY
sl1200 12:56 PM - 28 August, 2018
My Active Sort Options are:
BPM
ARTIST
ALPHABET
KEY
ORIGINAL ARTIST
RATING
DJ PLAY COUNT
TIME
Krystal Lake 9:32 PM - 29 August, 2018
Quote:
My Active Sort Options are:
BPM
ARTIST
ALPHABET
KEY
ORIGINAL ARTIST
RATING
DJ PLAY COUNT
TIME

Yea, it might've been an error, because I tried it on other CDJ 900's before as well and was able to sort by BPM. I'm going to take your advice and set up the USB's again. Thanks for this.