Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Comment section not burned to file

Lollasuen 1:19 PM - 24 August, 2018
Hi, in Serato I've noticed that if I write something in the Comments section of a flac file while in Serato, it will show up again only if I open it with Serato. It is not imprinted on the File, and does not show up when analyzing the file with other DJ software or with ID3tag editors, such as MP3Tag.
On the other hand, if I insert the comment via MP3Tag, it does show up in Serato. This is a bit of a pain because it would be easier to just handle all workflow via serato, and have those comments saved to file showing up in all other software.
Specifically, while Serato seems to do fine with tag editing the comments for mp3 files, this issue seems to only apply to flac files, as mentioned at the beginning.

Other Info:
OS Windows 10
Serato 2.04 (I think)
File Type where issue is met - FLAC only as far as I can tell
Lollasuen 1:34 PM - 24 August, 2018
Playing around a little bit, I've also noticed that, once I've saved a comment via MP3Tag, if i modify it further in MP3Tag, the changes do not show up in serato even if I reanalyze the files. To get them to show up, I actually need to delete the comment in Serato (after having further modified it in MP3Tag) and then reanalyze them. The new additions to the comment section at this point show up correctly
Lollasuen 1:37 PM - 27 August, 2018
seriously, no one at all?
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:45 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:
seriously, no one at all?

no
17tr2 6:48 PM - 28 August, 2018
FLAC uses VORBIS comments system to store metadata. You may want to compare some FLAC metadata to some MP-3 files metadata and see if there are any discrepancies.