Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Which controller might be best for my use?

startupdj 8:17 PM - 23 August, 2018
Hey guys, to refresh my situation, I go to my bud's house where I spin some tunes before the real DJ's show up to play at party time, I have been battling a few issues. First and foremost, I practice at home with Numark dj2go2 but my bud has a Pioneer DD-SX2.

To be honest I do not like the feel of that controller, the dj2go is simple and I have a much better feel with it. With that pioneer I have trouble with the touch sensitive jog wheel and have a much harder time lining up beats.

I would like to get a medium priced simple controller of my own, I don't need all of the tons of features of those big pioneer controllers as i am not a Pro DJ. Can you guys recommend the lowest level controller I can try please? I figure best I simply go with my own laptop and controller to use at the bud's house and I can practice with it at home.

My son has a Traktor kontrol 4 controller here which has a very nice feel but far as I know that doesn't easily work with Serato.
startupdj 8:22 PM - 23 August, 2018
Oh, I also want a smaller controller around the size of the Traktor kontrol or if smaller even better.
DjSyndic8 8:56 PM - 23 August, 2018
DDJ SB3
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:35 PM - 23 August, 2018
Quote:
DDJ SB3

+1

Considering buying one as well.
startupdj 9:44 PM - 23 August, 2018
Right size and features but the jog wheel is what will be the decision maker for me, I will try visiting a local store to see if I try a demo. If that jog wheel is touch sensitive like the bigger ones then that won't work.
DJ Tecniq 6:25 AM - 24 August, 2018
Almost all the controllers are touch sensitive for vinyl or cdj mode. You can always turn vinyl mode off if needed. I had the SB2 and actually enjoyed it for a small controller however i upgraded to the SR2 for more outputs and DVS options.
startupdj 4:10 PM - 24 August, 2018
But from what I am seeing this controller works only with DJ Lite version or can it work with DJ Pro also?
Logisticalstyles 5:13 PM - 24 August, 2018
It can work with SDJ Pro. You just have to buy the license.
startupdj 5:18 PM - 24 August, 2018
k thx. I have Pro.
DJ Tecniq 7:03 PM - 24 August, 2018
Correct it’s entry level equipment so it works with SDJ Lite. In order to use it with Pro software you need a license. Same goes for both SB2/SB3.