DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer DDJ SR2 & turntables

emilyb 8:41 AM - 9 August, 2018
Hi
I’m after some advice please. My current setup 2 x technics sl1200mk 3 with a djm 400 mixer and I use Serato SL with laptop.

I am looking at getting the Pioneer DDJ SR2 to be a bit easily portable. Can I plug in my turntables to it and use through the serato?

Thanks
Emily
Clubber1970 9:21 AM - 9 August, 2018
Yes, the DDJ SR2 supports DVS and you can connect turntables to it. But you have to buy the DVS upgrade option if you don‘t have it already.
emilyb 9:48 AM - 9 August, 2018
Cool so then the serato software can control the turntables as well as the ddj sr2?
Logisticalstyles 2:37 PM - 9 August, 2018
Quote:
and I use Serato SL with laptop.

The SR2 won't work with Serato Scrath Live.

Quote:
Cool so then the serato software can control the turntables as well as the ddj sr2?

Technically it's the other way around. The SR2 and the Turntables are controlling the software (Serato DJ Pro).
Aptidda 4:47 PM - 10 August, 2018
do yourself a favor and get a rane 12 and 72. You will just be utterly disappointed with a Pioneer controller. Trust me, I have had and used em all. Whenever I use a Pioneer Controller I feel nauseous.
bbarmz 4:44 AM - 27 September, 2019
Sir good afternoon

Need help

Im using sr2 and mk5
And also upgrade my DVS from my serato dj
Plug rca left and right at the back
Turn line to phono
Change the deck 1 to deck
Vice versa other side.
Check the calibration
From left n right tt and the cignal is good
Set deck 3 to REL mode vice versa on the other side.

But when i go i play it doesn't control by tt.

Hope you can help me out 🙏
Thanks