DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Chance the Rapper music

DJ Kese 1:26 AM - 9 August, 2018
Does anyone know how to get Chance the Rapper's music in Serato? Because he gives his music away for free there's no way to purchase it and it's proving to be a pain in my arse to get any of his stuff in Serato DJ Pro. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Giving Thanks,

Kese
AddamXavier 5:02 AM - 9 August, 2018
Are they not music files?

Also, he 100% also sells his music in format that Serato DJ reads (one example: www.amazon.com that i got straight from his website). Where are you seeing the free stuff?
popnwave 2:54 PM - 9 August, 2018
Quote:
Are they not music files?

Also, he 100% also sells his music in format that Serato DJ reads (one example: www.amazon.com that i got straight from his website). Where are you seeing the free stuff?

You can buy stuff he is featured on, but HIS actual material is streaming only.

Best bet is DJ pools, I know PromoOnly has released his stuff in audio and video form. I bet other pools have the tracks as well. You'll need to poke around and look.
AddamXavier 11:06 PM - 9 August, 2018
Oh wow i had click into the album to see that the tracks aren't actually available. I guess he's pointing people to Amazon Music with the link?

I've been spoiled by DJ Pools.

So your options are as follows:
1. Find a remix of the requested songs for download
2. Play off Spotify/Apple Music/etc. using an aux jack out of your computer
3. Use DJay (www.algoriddim.com), which is the only dj software that still integrates with Spotify (as far as I know)
4. Subscribe to a record pool that has the songs for download.

Unfortunately for you, there used to be better options, but Virtual DJ had to remove Spotify integration and Pulselocker shutdown. My suggestion would definitely be #4 as it allows easier future use and it should help you build your library for future gigs (especially great for getting clean and DJ friendly versions).
Logisticalstyles 12:46 PM - 10 August, 2018
Digiwaxx has some of his music available to download.
Laz219 4:12 AM - 11 August, 2018
It looked like it could be bought on google music when I looked.
I've got his tracks from digidjpool in the past.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:58 PM - 22 August, 2018
Have you tried just playing better music?
slimmjimm 1:03 AM - 23 August, 2018
Quote:

Where the fuck have you been?
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:39 PM - 23 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Where the fuck have you been?

the enter key fell off of my keyboard...do you know how hard it is to JUST buy an enter key?