Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ-SB3 and Serato DJ Pro Gain Level Issue

SquirralchemistDJ 9:07 PM - 28 July, 2018
Hey all.
I have v2.0.3 on a Windows 10 Lenovo gaming laptop with an Intel i7, 16gb ram, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960m, Samsung EVO 850 500g SSD drive using the Pioneer DDJ-SB3.

Ever since I got the controller, it's been having issues managing the gain level of tracks. I have the gain mapped to the "trim" nob on the decks and I'll set the gain for a track and come back to play it and it will be completely off, sometimes it adjusts the gain on it's own during the playback between the 2 channels.

I brought the issue up with Serato Support a couple of months ago but opened up a support ticket for it earlier this month and we're not having any luck figuring out what's going on.

I've included a video of the issue.
I only set the gain manually in the beginning and in the middle of the video and the rest of the change in the gain level you see is done on it's own in Serato.

drive.google.com

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Shawn Greenwood 12:33 AM - 21 September, 2018
What I see is that you have not set the trim=gain with your mouse on Serato DJ Pro.
Get it out of the red, by using the mouse and on the DDJ-SB3 channel level.
I have the same controller.
The Controller Gain Does not Make The gains move in Serato DJ Pro.
Sorry for the late Reply.
DJ Tecniq 1:32 AM - 21 September, 2018
You’re not suppose to map any gain levels. The Serato gain levels are for the software only they don’t sync with your controller. You have your hardware gain and software gain they work separate of each other. Keep your gains on your controller out of the red as well as your software gain.
DJ Tecniq 1:35 AM - 21 September, 2018
Also in your Serato settings you should be using auto gain to help with clipping/redlining.
DJ Tecniq 1:40 AM - 21 September, 2018
And what your seeing is just a increase in volume cause once the bass drops you can see your track gain level is Serato start to clip the gain reader is just very sensitive. The audio itself seemed fine nor did it “sound” like distortion Serato just “thinks” it’s too loud. Try auto gain to keep your songs under the red signal.