DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Quick question about Loops..

Badbren 6:56 PM - 26 July, 2018
Hey all! Hows it going. Hopefully a quick question from a new "dj" practicing and getting started.

My question is..

Lets say im playing a 2 bar Loop which is a vocal that says "Lets Go Now" for example.
If i want to hit it to a 1 bar loop, it would go to like.."Lets Go" maybe you know? How can i change it so that when i change it from 2 bars to 1 bar, it will use the 2nd half of that 2 bar loop? So instead of Chopping it to "Lets" eventually for a build up, it would be "now" instead. Hope it makes sense...lol sorry
Logisticalstyles 7:13 PM - 26 July, 2018
I believe you can only double the loop or cut it in half. When you cut it in half you are left with the first half.
Badbren 7:18 PM - 26 July, 2018
It can go as low as 1/32.

Was hoping there was a way I can it could cut it in half and keep the second half of that.
DJ Reflex 8:28 PM - 26 July, 2018
Quote:
It can go as low as 1/32.

Was hoping there was a way I can it could cut it in half and keep the second half of that.

Make the second half a sample... or put a cue point on it and trigger that after your loops.
Or - make two separate loops and cycle through them as needed.
Taipanic 4:46 PM - 27 July, 2018
Create a manual loop at the start point you want and save it to a loop slot.