DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Are jogwheel dents or scratches normal?

Abdullahx9 5:57 PM - 24 July, 2018
So last month I bought my first dj controller, a pioneer ddjsr2 and today when I was cleaning it I noticed a soft dent and two more prominent ones as of someone stabbed the jogwheel with a pen (you feel them if you run your finger over that part of the jogwheel) I also have minor scratches on the jogwheel. Is this supposed to happen or am I just paranoid?
Aptidda 8:12 PM - 24 July, 2018
its supposed to happen, lets be honest here you are rocking a mid-low level Pioneer controller. You get what you pay for kid.
DJ Nin 9:59 PM - 24 July, 2018
I woudn't say it's supposed to happen, but I also have a slight dent on one of my SX2 jog wheels. Hasn't affected anything yet though.
Logisticalstyles 1:01 AM - 26 July, 2018
Scratches happen, but I'd be upset about a dent. I have the same controller and I managed to get two scratches on one of the platters. It drives me crazy when I think about it.
Abdullahx9 8:25 PM - 26 July, 2018
Quote:
Scratches happen, but I'd be upset about a dent. I have the same controller and I managed to get two scratches on one of the platters. It drives me crazy when I think about it.

Ikrrr it drives me crazy too but i guess they’re meant to happen and you can always get em repaired so
Abdullahx9 8:26 PM - 26 July, 2018
Quote:
I woudn't say it's supposed to happen, but I also have a slight dent on one of my SX2 jog wheels. Hasn't affected anything yet though.

Yaa let’s hope it doesn’t xD
DJ Nin 4:24 PM - 30 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Yaa let’s hope it doesn’t xD

Lol. Right.

It's a really small dent actually. Very similar to what you are describing. I don't think it will.