DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

GETTING Custom DJ Drops From Rappers

CoreyL 2:30 AM - 23 July, 2018
Hi,
I'm a DJ in LA and I have many rapper/ Hip Hop associates.
I am working on a mix and want a few of them to record an intro or drop like "Yo yo this is ___ and youre listening to DJ Corey Killz"

None of them are my GOOD friends, but the mix will be broadcast to about 5k followers on my soundcloud and 15k on my Instagram/ Twitter.

These are rappers with about 100k IG followers, no one like Young Thug or Future or Drake level lol.

Do you think they'll charge me for this? i know it's hard for yall to weigh in since you don't know exactly how close I am with them.

When I say we're "associates", I mean, I've DJ'd somewhere with them once or twice, we have each other's number, we've met a few times.

P.S. I am a girl. Some of my friends who I've asked think that given that I'm a girl, they won't charge me. I call BS. But, please some advice!!!
Ibrahim Olalekan 9:24 AM - 23 July, 2018
some of them might charge you, it based on their level of popularity and you cordial relation with each artist. You can work up to them or their manager or email them.

i rep gistlify.com, kilofera.com.ng and web.olagist.co
Logisticalstyles 12:12 PM - 23 July, 2018
They shouldn't charge you. In fact I wouldn't even bother with anyone that charges for a drop.
CoreyL 7:06 AM - 24 July, 2018
Thanks for the input.

How should I ask? In person or through text?
Ibrahim Olalekan 2:20 PM - 25 April, 2020
Quote:
some of them might charge you, it based on their level of popularity and you cordial relation with each artist. You can work up to them or their manager or email them.

i rep olagist.net, olagist.net and olagist.net

I think i have giving the best advice up there, just give it a trial.