Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

New video pool WEMIX with 15 free credits at signup

electro elvis 11:52 AM - 16 July, 2018
Hi guys
I thought some of you might be interested to know about a new video pool which is offering two weeks free membership and 15 free credits as a special introductory offer.
The vidoes seem very high quality, well encoded, and the choice seems pretty good to me
www.wemix.eu
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 5:45 AM - 17 July, 2018
I checked out the site. Decent selection. I payed for a 12 month membership. However, I'm having issues with it. I can;t see to download anything yet it i using up my credits. I think it might be because my registered address is in Canada. It didn't state anywhere in the membership process it was for EU members only, but i think that might be the problem. I messaged them to try and clear up the problems I am having. I will respond here once it is clarified.
popnwave 2:51 PM - 17 July, 2018
Quote:
I checked out the site. Decent selection. I payed for a 12 month membership. However, I'm having issues with it. I can;t see to download anything yet it i using up my credits. I think it might be because my registered address is in Canada. It didn't state anywhere in the membership process it was for EU members only, but i think that might be the problem. I messaged them to try and clear up the problems I am having. I will respond here once it is clarified.

I got the vibe it was EU only as well. Brexit hasn't happened yet, change your address for a Tesco in the UK and see if that works :D
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 2:28 AM - 18 July, 2018
I used my London address and it seems to work. The problems i was having were server issues at their end that have since been resolved. Now to start downloading videos...
Mr Wilks 10:43 PM - 5 September, 2018
I've had a look at their site and it seems like an interesting pool.

I've found that we have to register in order to find out the pricing.

Can anyone post here their plans? I find it a pain to give my info and open an account just to get a monthly price!
WeMixVJ 9:56 PM - 10 September, 2018
Hi There,

I hope you're well.

Thanks for your interest in our new service - it's still early days and all you input and help is very much appreciated so we can provide the site that you are looking for.

Pricing depends on your territory and are as follows:

1 month & 40 credits = £25 /€35
1 month & 100 credits = £40 /€56
1 month & credits = £55 /€77
1 month & credits = £75 /€105

WeMix is VAT-registered and the prices above include VAT.

We offer discounts for longer subscriptions – please see the website for further details.

We have just launched our WeMaster series, which are videos remastered with studio quality audio and all 4:3 and letterbox videos have been given borders so they fill 16:9 screens.

When you register, you are given 15 free credits to try the service out for yourself!

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or if there;s anything else I can help with.

Kind regards,

Mark
Mr Wilks 10:15 PM - 10 September, 2018
Quote:
Hi There,

I hope you're well.

Thanks for your interest in our new service - it's still early days and all you input and help is very much appreciated so we can provide the site that you are looking for.

Pricing depends on your territory and are as follows:

1 month & 40 credits = £25 /€35
1 month & 100 credits = £40 /€56
1 month & credits = £55 /€77
1 month & credits = £75 /€105

WeMix is VAT-registered and the prices above include VAT.

We offer discounts for longer subscriptions – please see the website for further details.

We have just launched our WeMaster series, which are videos remastered with studio quality audio and all 4:3 and letterbox videos have been given borders so they fill 16:9 screens.

When you register, you are given 15 free credits to try the service out for yourself!

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or if there;s anything else I can help with.

Kind regards,

Mark

This is great Mark, thanks for the heads up.

I like to see new pools emerge and video pools seem to be rarer in the UK/EU. I'll definitely give you a test over the next few weeks. I like what I see.
WeMixVJ 10:30 PM - 10 September, 2018
That's brilliant - thanks for your positive words - very much appreciated...

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you think there's anything we can improve on or if you have any questions/suggestions...
Xtendamix 7:59 PM - 11 September, 2018
I know you guys are new to the game, but if you are gonna use videos from Youtube Sources or stuff from Kontor, at least crop the logo off.

www.dropbox.com

Also, 50 Cent - Candy Shop, she says "Welcome To The Candy Shop". Are you not swapping the video audio out with proper CD audio?

Should be video editing 101.
WeMixVJ 8:45 PM - 11 September, 2018
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know - we'll sort this out asap - I know we are all getting our videos from the same sources - this one must have slipped through...

Kind regards,

Mark

PS I think you will find that I have been "in the game" a lot longer than you have - unfortunately due to the size of my library, it has been impossible to qc every single video before launch so thanks again for your help - nice to know someone is looking out for us!
DJ Peter Zac 4:43 PM - 12 September, 2018
I tried the free promotion with WeMix and downloaded a few videos, but I didn't find the quality or selection to be that great. I also had issues with the previews, half of them would not play. I know they have recently launched but I was very upset to find logos on the videos and this is something I could rip off YouTube myself for FREE. Why would I pay for a company to rip the videos off and sell them as is... doesn't make sense and I find it very unethical! I have been with Xtendamix (www.xtendamix.com) and Promo Only (www.promoonly.co.uk) for a few months now and I am very satisfied!
WeMixVJ 5:07 PM - 12 September, 2018
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your comments - if you could please let me know which videos you had issues with I will look into these for you.

I would agree with you that our selection of newer videos was not the greatest when you first tried the service back in early July as we had just launched and were getting our works flows sorted out but we are on a par with the other services now.

Kind regards,

Mark
WeMixVJ 5:25 PM - 12 September, 2018
Hi Everybody,

Just to let you know, we now have a Reporting tool if you think a video isn't up to scratch. Once a video has been downloaded, you will see the REPORT VIDEO icon, which is an envelope in the main listing as well as DOWNLOADS-DOWNLOADED VIDEOS - a nice smooth way to report videos without having to type out all the info.

We have also just launched a REQUEST page so you can request videos/versions of videos you can't find on the website - this can be found in the main navigation on the right-hand-side of the page.

You can now also see all Versions of a video we have available on the main line i.e. without having to expand the listing, as well as the videos you have already downloaded.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there are any other features/functionalities you would find useful...

Kind regards,

Mark & The WeMix Team