Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Distortion...

DJ Nostalgia 11:57 AM - 14 July, 2018
Bit of a strange one...

In the last few weeks, if I play a track/file in SDJPro on my laptop WITHOUT hardware connected/set up, the sound is distorted beyond recognition - thankfully it plays faultlessly when performing normally with hardware connected!
If I play the same track/file on my laptop through, for instance, iTunes the sound is perfect, so I don't think it is the laptop speakers (my first thought).

Any ideas? Should I raise a Support question?

SDJPro v. 2.0.3 (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro
17tr2 12:40 PM - 16 July, 2018
It sounds like the you have to much volume/gain. Check your levels in Serato, Windows and your computer speakers. If one is set too high, you may have to lower it and balance it out with some of the other gain controls.
DJ Nostalgia 4:20 PM - 18 July, 2018
Quote:
It sounds like the you have to much volume/gain. Check your levels in Serato, Windows and your computer speakers. If one is set too high, you may have to lower it and balance it out with some of the other gain controls.

I don't believe that is the case... all software/hardware levels are well below 100 and this only occurs when playing files through SDJ Pro (currently v. 2.0.3) in 'offline' mode!
17tr2 8:54 PM - 18 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I don't believe that is the case... all software/hardware levels are well below 100 and this only occurs when playing files through SDJ Pro (currently v. 2.0.3) in 'offline' mode!

When you have a controller plugged in, you are using the dac inside it. In practice mode, you use the one in the computer. Its 2 completely different audio systems so its likely you have to re-set your gain/volumes. I have to do it on my own system whenever I change modes. Its fairly common.
DJ Nostalgia 11:50 PM - 23 July, 2018
Quote:
When you have a controller plugged in, you are using the dac inside it. In practice mode, you use the one in the computer. Its 2 completely different audio systems so its likely you have to re-set your gain/volumes. I have to do it on my own system whenever I change modes. Its fairly common.

Enabling the Serato Video plug-in - as described by DJ Gannon in this thread -

serato.com

has worked for me! Hopefully Serato will fix the issue soon!
salvo72 1:23 PM - 29 July, 2018
Aggiorna alla versione successiva e risolvi il problema
Serato, Moderator
James_M 4:49 AM - 30 July, 2018
Hi there,

We have actually identified and fixed a small issue with certain Windows 10 systems in the Offline player that could present itself like this - please try Serato DJ Pro 2.0.4 for the latest fixes.

As always, we run 24/7 support best via the Help Request buttons - these forums are not so closely monitored these days.

Best.