Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Library Acting Weird lately

DJ Marv the Maverick 1:14 PM - 13 July, 2018
In the past few weeks I've noticed a few oddities

1. A bunch of tracks keep coming up as top of my recently added tracks when I sort by date. These tracks are not newly added.

2. Those tracks keep having some info missing e.g. size, bitrate, key etc. But when loaded on Decks it reappears

Do I have a corrupt database?

Or is my library too large...think I have about 60k files all sorts ...MP4, Flac, Mp3, AAC,Wav, Mov etc
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:22 PM - 25 July, 2018
I have rebuilt database and rescanned my library.

I'm still getting the same thing

1. Old songs added eons ago coming up as first when I sort my library by date added (most recent to old)

2. Many tracks still losing tags e.g. size, bpm, key etc until I load them to a deck. Even with recently downloaded tracks.

3. I have sent in a ticket to Serato today

4. Last thing I'm considering is if I have a failing drive, it's a G-drive which is less than a year old. I just ordered a 4TB SSD Samsung 960 Evo (always wanted to do this anyways) which I plan to put in my old lacie rugged enclosure.
popnwave 3:36 PM - 25 July, 2018
Feels like a drive failing by that description and your comment. You're an experienced user, got with your gut. The Serato hoops will be the stuff that some wet behind the ears guy will need to check out first.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:37 PM - 25 July, 2018
Quote:
Feels like a drive failing by that description and your comment. You're an experienced user, got with your gut. The Serato hoops will be the stuff that some wet behind the ears guy will need to check out first.

I did run the drive through disk utility health check, no issues, but my last back up....carbon copy Cloner issued me some warning about the drive...hence I pulled out the wallet and say be gone spinning drives.
John Calipari 2:31 PM - 26 July, 2018
Does your Serato point to the same source external Drive location for your entire library?

How is that External drive formatted? APFS, HPFS+ Journaled, or some other format?

Are you running High Sierra or Mojave or an older OSX? How is your internal Drive that contains the Serato App itself formatted?

I'm just curious if it could be a relationship issue between the system's internal APP containing drive formatted differently than the external media containing drive and in the case of APFS, if the Disk Management feature has an adverse effect on dating/modifying files.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:33 AM - 27 July, 2018
Yes I believe, all my music and videos are on the external.

I do have a small bit of visuals on the internal that I use for resolume and mixemergency

External is HFS+

I'm on High Sierra and the internal is AFPS
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:14 PM - 2 August, 2018
i bought a 4tb ssd, rebuilt database a few times, analysed entire library a few times, still getting some tracks not retaining the "file size" value.

They retain bpm, key, comments and overview.

some of these tracks keep coming up as top of the list when i sort my library by date going from most recent to oldest.

i have also tried checking the id tags of some those tracks and refresh them using idtag editor, made no difference.

its not just audio files affected, some are mp4s as well.

the last response i got from serato support was to rebuild database, which i did once or twice even before sending the first email and i included that fact in the first email i sent to support, makes you wonder if they read stuff at all.
Mr. Goodkat 5:15 AM - 3 August, 2018
Quote:
i bought a 4tb ssd

which brand if you dont mind? 4tb is my last frontier for my old 2012 mbp if they get cheap enough in early 2019, which they should.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:10 AM - 3 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
i bought a 4tb ssd

which brand if you dont mind? 4tb is my last frontier for my old 2012 mbp if they get cheap enough in early 2019, which they should.

Samsung 860 Evo 4TB. Using it in a old lacie rugged thunderbolt.

Other than the fact that it's safer I don't think I've noticed any major changes in performance.
Mr. Goodkat 6:22 AM - 3 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i bought a 4tb ssd

Other than the fact that it's safer I don't think I've noticed any major changes in performance.

not even like boot time? not that its a huge thing, but im 1.2 gb into a HDD and am gonna grab one soon.

just for stats

ssd.userbenchmark.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:11 AM - 3 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i bought a 4tb ssd

not even like boot time? not that its a huge thing, but im 1.2 gb into a HDD and am gonna grab one soon.

just for stats

ssd.userbenchmark.com

I use it for external storage. I have a 17 Mac book pro.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:36 PM - 6 August, 2018
I think i may have gotten to the root of my issues, i had about 200 MP4 files that were associated with videos using Serato Video

The first thing i noticed was that most if not all the files that were given me issues were MP4, there was about 200 of them.

Even after rebuilding database, buying a new SSD they still keep coming up as my most recently added file.

I tried the same MP4 files in Traktor and they worked fine so i knew it had to be a Serato issue.

Whilst trying different things, by some fluke, i removed an MP3 video association and boom the files are all okay now. and all the 200 MP4 given me issues all had mp3 associated with them.

Usually i download Clean MP3 and Dirty MP4 or vice versa, i then associate the mp3 Audio to the MP4 video, so depending on venue and event i can use either for video and audio.
JenPoy 4:39 AM - 22 September, 2018
what do you mean you remove an mp3 video association? how did you do it? need help thanks
J-rod281 4:29 AM - 29 November, 2018
I've had this exact issue. But I'm on a PC also with split sources for my library. Videos on my external and music on the hard drive. Both drives are health SSD's I'd had this problem years ago, but it went away til I just went to the newest Serato and updated my Bios to fix some crashing issues. I'd love to know if Serato has a way to fix this that doesn't involve losing all of my date added info.