Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Can anyone get this video playing through Serato Video on Windows?

DJ G-Love 4:01 AM - 11 July, 2018
Can anyone get this video playing via Serato Video on Windows? www.vidsplay.com

The reason I ask is, I recently purchased Serato Video, only about 10% of my video collection is playing, and the video above is merely a sample video from the web, and I can't even get that one working.

Constant black screen no matter what I try and audio only, I've raised this with Serato Support and they have not got back to me for over 20 days now when I produced this report.

Thanks in advance!
DJ Tecniq 6:10 AM - 11 July, 2018
What are the specs of your machine? Did you try updating the video card from the manufacturer?
DJ G-Love 2:31 AM - 12 July, 2018
Yes, it's a brand new machine running the new 8th gen Intel Core i7 Processor and a GTX 1080... Typically this will run on my laptop I was waiting to arrive but my home specs are off the charts so it definitely shouldn't be underperforming. The latest Nvidia graphics card drivers are installed as well.

Now that my Windows laptop has arrived with moderately similar specs, it seems my video collection is working on that so now there isn't as much urgency for it to run on my home pc, it was just quite alarming. But no matter what resolution I try recording at, the recording is stuttering. So that's more the problem I would like to solve now. I will raise a separate discussion on that point soon.

Thanks for your help DJ Tecniq.
popnwave 5:46 PM - 12 July, 2018
DJ G-Love - it's not you, seriously. Any PC in the last 5 years has plenty of horsepower to play back 1080p videos without issue. It's slopping coding that has not aged well with the Serato Video plug in.