Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane 72 audio interface

Mick Swell 4:42 PM - 7 July, 2018
Can the Rane 72 be used as an audio interface simultaneously with Serato DJ Pro? When I choose it as an audio interface in Ableton the only audio that comes in is the Serato tone. Does any one know how to get this to work or is it not possible? Appreciate it.
DJ Tecniq 5:43 PM - 7 July, 2018
You should be able to lose the control tone while in internal mode but once you switch to (relative) or DVS mode the control tone will be heard.
DJ Tecniq 6:37 PM - 7 July, 2018
Not sure how the 72 works but you might have to route a secondary usb audio device from the mixer to your laptop.
DJMIYAGI 10:03 PM - 7 July, 2018
Quote:
Can the Rane 72 be used as an audio interface simultaneously with Serato DJ Pro? When I choose it as an audio interface in Ableton the only audio that comes in is the Serato tone. Does any one know how to get this to work or is it not possible? Appreciate it.

You need to go to Prefences, Audio, then Input Configure. I know that much for sure because I have Ableton and my 72 with me right now, but not quite sure what to change the settings to. Following thread.
DJMIYAGI 10:03 PM - 7 July, 2018
Do you have Serato and Ableton running at the same time?
Mick Swell 1:58 AM - 8 July, 2018
Quote:
Do you have Serato and Ableton running at the same time?

Yes I do. I would like to run them simultaneously while in relative mode.
David_E 12:04 PM - 8 July, 2018
I don't know about Ableton but in Cubase I can just change the Input Channels from the Deck Inputs (called "Analog") to the Outputs (called "Deck"), so I can easily record while playing in relative mode.

This way it's also possible to record each deck to a seperate track in the DAW to fix some faulty blends, etc. like in Bridge/Mixtape.
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:08 PM - 8 July, 2018
Quote:

Serato monopolises the sound card that's attached. Dunno if it's any different with soundcard/mixers with dual USB. Have you tried plugging the mixer with the 2 cables to your laptop running Serato and Ableton
David_E 3:37 PM - 8 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Serato monopolises the sound card that's attached. Dunno if it's any different with soundcard/mixers with dual USB. Have you tried plugging the mixer with the 2 cables to your laptop running Serato and Ableton

As I've written above, at least with the 72 that's not the case. While using SDJ the soundcard is still available for system sound or any other program. Maybe it's the class compliant interface.
Dave-M 4:43 PM - 8 July, 2018
youtu.be

Might be something here that helps?
Mick Swell 7:36 PM - 8 July, 2018
Quote:
youtu.be

Might be something here that helps?

Thank you soo so so so much everyone for all of your help! Dave-M, that video helped me and fixed my problem right away. All I had to do was pick the correct input channels.Thank you so much again.
edis-b 6:44 PM - 24 April, 2019
I wish the 72 had the same output routing as the 62 did. It REALLY sucks that the only signal that you can capture effects from is the master. The 62 is able to record a dry and wet signal, post-fader from each of the decks separately. I use ableton and serato together simultaneously.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:26 PM - 24 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Not true, I can still have my computer output to a channel while playing audio from serato and it plays along side the audio from serato
SwanPoop 11:50 PM - 24 April, 2019
The 72 is a beast of an interface. Tons of ins and outs, I use it when making blappers on logic pro for my min ins and my line in and outs. Blappppa slapppapaa