Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

While we wait for an update to Serato Video... Virtual DJ 2018

popnwave 6:22 PM - 11 June, 2018
Looks like VDJ is getting some interesting updates. While I still consider SDJPro + MixEmergency the best, I think VDJ is soundly ahead of Rekordbox Video and Serato Video at this point.

www.digitaldjtips.com
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 6:13 AM - 12 June, 2018
This is a very interesting development. Wonder if it will put pressure on Serato and Rekordbox to step up their video game?
Culprit 5:45 PM - 12 June, 2018
Have you tried it with the cdjs? They are really responsive.
popnwave 5:50 PM - 12 June, 2018
Quote:

I'm honestly very close to buying a license just to have in my back pocket.
Culprit 10:37 PM - 12 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I'm honestly very close to buying a license just to have in my back pocket.

I bought a license years ago so I am good. I am going to rock it out a few times at the pad. I really like the layout on the CDJ displays.

If you use the default skin, just make sure you rock vertical mode with the scratch display and the adjustment is minimal, to me anyways lol.
popnwave 4:08 PM - 13 June, 2018
I know some of it is the magic of OSX/macOS but does VDJ or any other video capable software do sidefill like MixEmergency does?
Maskrider 2:16 AM - 14 June, 2018
The update is a nice addition.
Culprit 10:54 PM - 14 June, 2018
Quote:
I know some of it is the magic of OSX/macOS but does VDJ or any other video capable software do sidefill like MixEmergency does?

Side fill works if the black borders are not present in the actual video I believe. And it should be on by default in VDJ.

Mix Emergency still king in my book, it's too bad it's not for pc. Hopefully we see an update to both Serato Video and Mix Emergency in regards to 64bit, or else both projects could be dead when apple hits the requirement I believe, if it's not already in effect.
popnwave 5:00 PM - 15 June, 2018
I know Nick/Inklen has said he is working on the update to 64bit, Serato has hinted it was on their radar. I'll ask my friend playing with the Mojave beta if it just gives you the nag like High Sierra and then lets you proceed.
Big Pops 1:55 AM - 6 July, 2018
Serato Video really needs an update, does any one get it to work properly , its a CPU hog.
popnwave 2:32 PM - 6 July, 2018
CPU isn't an issue for me, the preview bugs and inconsistent behavior is what bothers me.
DJ Tecniq 5:27 PM - 6 July, 2018
Quote:
CPU isn't an issue for me, the preview bugs and inconsistent behavior is what bothers me.
Same. Although after a clean install of Sierra it’s been smooth. Used to have freezing videos and frame rate issues Not anymore.
deejay_ryan 10:51 AM - 10 July, 2018
VDJ has always been my go-to tool for mixing tracks- lovely stuff