DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

** SOUND EXPERT ADVICE NEEDED - THANKS **

DJDV 4:24 PM - 10 June, 2018
Alright guys need some honest advice in regards to which option to take to reinforce my current setup.

Current setup: 2 Alto TS212 and 1 Behringer Self-powered 18 inch Sub

Genres - EDM CDM Hip Hop Top40

Option #1 - 2 Peavey PV118 18 inch Subs and an amp (Yamaha PS7000S or Behringer EP4000).

Option #2 - 2 Harbinger HPX215-BBE Self-Powered Double 15's

Option #3 - 2 Alto TS215 Self-Powered 15's

All this stuff is obviously used equipment but that is all I can afford at the moment.

Let me know which speakers out of these three options are gonna be the best reinforcement for my current setup.

Wish I had the $$$ for 4 Cerwin Vega EL-36's !!

Thank you for your input
pdidy 6:22 PM - 10 June, 2018
Stick with what you have, all of your options are pretty much garbage and are not worth upgrading to..... in fact I wouldn't even call them an upgrade.

If this is all you can afford then this is not the time to be considering buying gear. Save money for at least another year then revisit your upgrade options.
577er 4:01 AM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:
Stick with what you have, all of your options are pretty much garbage and are not worth upgrading to..... in fact I wouldn't even call them an upgrade.

If this is all you can afford then this is not the time to be considering buying gear. Save money for at least another year then revisit your upgrade options.

This and this is why it’s always a bad idea to buy at the bottom (and too) of the cost / quality curve
commadot.com
577er 4:01 AM - 11 June, 2018
Too = top
Taipanic 4:11 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:

+1
Save your money and look to get powered subs in this range or better - Yorkville LS or ES series, EV EKX, ETX, JBL SRX, QSC 18. These are all known good performers with built in DSP and protection. Once you get your subs sorted upgrade the tops to a model in same line as your subs. You will end up with a good looking, good sounding system that should last for years and pay for itself many times over. Lesser gear will end up costing you more in repairs or upgrades. Most in this prosumer range have similar performance so pick the line that sounds best to you.
DJDV 5:18 PM - 11 June, 2018
Thanks for your help
Much Appreciated
Sometimes the truth hurts but sometimes it needs too.

Thanks !!

DJDV
Ruffrob 7:07 PM - 13 June, 2018
Just think ,once you've saved your money and done your practice sessions ,your show will be top flight,and you'll have better equipment to boot....Patience Grasshopper!!