Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane 72 "Prepare Tracks"

deejayplatinum 12:45 AM - 8 June, 2018
It says in the manual that if you hold shift while pressing the load knob, it will put your track in the prepare list. Mine is not doing that, am I missing something, is this working for anyone else. Thanks in advance.
Aptidda 3:28 PM - 8 June, 2018
Hello my fellow Rane 72 owner. I just checked the Manual as well, what exactly is the "Prepare Area" in Serato DJ Pro? I have not tried this function yet.
DJMIYAGI 7:31 PM - 8 June, 2018
Quote:
It says in the manual that if you hold shift while pressing the load knob, it will put your track in the prepare list. Mine is not doing that, am I missing something, is this working for anyone else. Thanks in advance.

I've heard of this issue too. I believe it is a bug. Have you opened a help ticket with Serato?
deejayplatinum 3:15 AM - 11 June, 2018
Serato hit me back and said that function isn't available yet. Appreciate your replies. I hope they fix it, one reason I wanted the 72 is to be as hands off from the computer as possible.
r3k0 8:26 PM - 11 June, 2018
I don't mind using the laptop for library/selecting tunes stuff, but if i could scroll through the crates and files with the screen (instead of scrolling with a knob) maybe i would start using the mixer to load tracks more.

Just seems like a waste of a touch screen if you cant scroll up and down on it??
Aptidda 9:04 PM - 11 June, 2018
that's a good suggestion, let Rane know!
DJMIYAGI 9:04 PM - 11 June, 2018
Quote:
I don't mind using the laptop for library/selecting tunes stuff, but if i could scroll through the crates and files with the screen (instead of scrolling with a knob) maybe i would start using the mixer to load tracks more.

I agree. It would also be nice if you could pitch bend by swiping up or down on the screen while the track is playing and scrub though the track when it's stopped.
r3k0 10:56 PM - 11 June, 2018
All i can think of is they already thought of it but in testing it was too big an area to have touch sensitive and it was getting touched when you don't mean to....

I just see the layout of folders and want to scroll them on the screen by touching them.
DJMIYAGI 7:03 PM - 12 June, 2018
That's why you make it an option like needle search. Enable or disable from setup menu.
r3k0 8:22 PM - 12 June, 2018
Yep, for sure!

Fingers crossed they will implement the FX saving there settings in the next FW update, bit tired of setting them up everytime i power it up.
Aptidda 9:34 PM - 12 June, 2018
What do you mean regarding the FX saving their settings? Are you talking about set values on the effects? For example on my Reverb it saves the percentage of decay when I boot up. Mine already seems to do this.....
r3k0 10:53 PM - 12 June, 2018
Well i only really use Echo and every time i power up i have to put the depth (not tho know but the screen value) back to 100% and put the beat to 1.

Just tried reverb, changed contour and changed decay, both have been reset after a reboot?

Am i missing a way to save them?
Aptidda 11:24 PM - 12 June, 2018
No I don't think so, have you updated to the latest Firmware?
r3k0 11:29 PM - 12 June, 2018
yer, V1.1.0.19

So when you power up does it always go to the Echo effect 1st? and is depth at about 45% ??
Logisticalstyles 12:31 AM - 13 June, 2018
Quote:
Hello my fellow Rane 72 owner. I just checked the Manual as well, what exactly is the "Prepare Area" in Serato DJ Pro? I have not tried this function yet.

As much shit as you talk on these forums are you seriously unaware of a feature of Serato that has been around since Scratch Live?
DJ Unique 1:22 AM - 13 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

As much shit as you talk on these forums are you seriously unaware of a feature of Serato that has been around since Scratch Live?

LOL
Aptidda 3:49 PM - 13 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Never messed with Scratch Live there Kiddo. Had a numark V7 and was running that off ITCH until it got changed into Serato DJ. Other than that was utilizing analog sources and gear like a real OG DJ. And yep, I still have no clue what a prepare window is. Guess real DJ's don't need that trash now do they?
Logisticalstyles 4:39 PM - 13 June, 2018
Weak excuse. It was in ITCH as well.

This is from 2012.
serato.com
r3k0 4:59 PM - 13 June, 2018
:D lol

Now answer my last question please you fkn clown!!!
Aptidda 6:50 PM - 13 June, 2018
Well I never had to use that garbage. Anyways I don't have time to test my settings on Echo out at this time so respect the clown troll!
YZ 7:14 PM - 13 June, 2018
Who prepares their sets?
r3k0 7:15 PM - 13 June, 2018
Well i expect test results asap!!
r3k0 7:18 PM - 13 June, 2018
Quote:
Who prepares their sets?

I never used to but i do now, doing a 2 hour show once a week i dont want to repeat anything so kinda need to get a crate prepped before hand.
DJ Unique 5:36 AM - 14 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Who prepares their sets?

I never used to but i do now, doing a 2 hour show once a week i dont want to repeat anything so kinda need to get a crate prepped before hand.

This is a must for Wedding DJs