Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ SX3

Telony Ex 12:48 PM - 31 May, 2018
Nice upgrades to the mic. Can even add sdj fx to mic. Thats gonna be wicked. I was really looking for an upgrade to the jog wheels though. Like the ddj 1000. Hope they fixed the issue the jogs had with static. A lot of users including myself had this issue where the jog became unresponsive. Oh and dual usb ports are very welcomed
mixgoonie 2:55 PM - 31 May, 2018
and see the price... ;)
Rebelguy 2:56 PM - 31 May, 2018
Overall the upgrade is Zzzz
577er 3:56 PM - 31 May, 2018
3 mic inputs is very welcome for the mobile wedding guys but is there a way to midi map the "vinyl" vs "nudge" platter mode to a button? Forgetting which mode a platter is in sucks.
popnwave 6:24 PM - 31 May, 2018
The dual USB a lone is worth upgrading from the SX/SX2.
DJ Unique 6:37 PM - 31 May, 2018
Quote:

Yes... and 3 microphone inputs.
Perfect for the Wedding circuit
dj scottie b 9:44 PM - 31 May, 2018
as far as the mics, is the level thing corrected? the being way too loud and having feedback easily issues.
djambesa 9:51 PM - 31 May, 2018
Quote:

definitely worth the upgrade!
SG SOUNDS 1:41 AM - 1 June, 2018
If it's the same lousy soundcard like the sx2 this ain't no upgrade
Johnny H 2:34 PM - 1 June, 2018
1st thing I was hoping for,

No.1 Bullet Point, NEW IMPROVED SOUND CARD. (Same DACs As SZ2)

Don't think this is the case as no mention of improved sound card.

Will pioneer ever release an ultra high end mid sized controller for serato

Here's hoping.
pdidy 10:05 PM - 1 June, 2018
I call BULLSHIT on the DDJ-SX3 !!!

It needed to be at the same level of quality as the DDJ 1000 Watchwww.youtube.com or better. There was no attempt to make it a great upgrade.......At best its a better side step.
Johnny H 10:46 PM - 1 June, 2018
Agree 100% well said!

Why is pioneer keeping the quality mid sized controllers DDJ1000 for its own softwares?

It would seem the sx3 is only margionally better than the ax2

Would have hoped it would be the same spec / design as the ddj1000

But it seems pioneer are keeping the cream ?
CMOS 11:31 PM - 1 June, 2018
Quote:

Why is pioneer keeping the quality mid sized controllers DDJ1000 for its own softwares?

They want everyone on RB but SDJ has larger user base so why lose money. Better features is how they get you to switch.
pdidy 1:03 AM - 2 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

They want everyone on RB but SDJ has larger user base so why lose money. Better features is how they get you to switch.

We suspected this would happen and now the proof is here.....Im not switching, I'm officially holding out with hopes pioneer sales make them crack....lol
Just Mike 1:05 AM - 5 June, 2018
Yes, the DDJ1000 is one of the best feeling controllers out there. The included software has ruined that great feeling that the hardware brings. This comes from someone who currently owns:

1. Pioneer DDJ-SX2
2. Numark NS7ll
3. Denon MCX8000
4. Pioneer S9 w/tables
5. Pioneer DDJ-1000
6. Pioneer CDJ 850’s with SL Box Scratch Live

Yes, a am a pack rat whenit comes to DJ gear.
DJ Nin 6:32 PM - 5 June, 2018
I have an SX2 and don't have any interest in "upgrading"

If they would have updated the jog wheels to the CDJ style and improved the sound card I'd buy one.

This upgrade is weak sauce.
popnwave 8:27 PM - 5 June, 2018
Quote:

If they would have updated the jog wheels to the CDJ style and improved the sound card I'd buy one.

Eh it's like most stuff. I had an SX so the DVS upgradability and Flip stuff on the SX2 didn't appeal to me. Now the 3 has enough cool things, along with the dual USB to catch my eye.

I don't upgrade my phone every cycle either. 2-3 cycles in my sweet spot.
DJ Nin 9:11 PM - 5 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Eh it's like most stuff. I had an SX so the DVS upgradability and Flip stuff on the SX2 didn't appeal to me. Now the 3 has enough cool things, along with the dual USB to catch my eye.

I don't upgrade my phone every cycle either. 2-3 cycles in my sweet spot.

I get that. I'm the same with phones.

I just had higher hopes the SX3 would be better after the DDJ 1000 came out. I'm not a fan of the jogs on the SX2, and have been wanting a Serato controller with CDJ sized jog wheels for a while, but with the exception of the SZ no one wants to make one.
DJ Tecniq 5:27 AM - 6 June, 2018
I’m perfectly happy with my SR2 still. 4 ch’s are overkill and i love DVS w/2 ch’s more space to work with. Dual usbs is cool but i already have an S9 for that. Almost every DJ I’ve seen use a 4 ch controller literally only uses 2 ch’s anyway.
beezwax 11:06 PM - 30 June, 2018
The most annoying thing about the SX3 is that they've removed Rekordbox compatibility, so it's no longer possible to buy a controller that works with both RB and Serato.

You gain dual USB and a couple of tiny tweaks, but you can no longer lend it to a Rekordbox user....
popnwave 1:34 AM - 1 July, 2018
Quote:
The most annoying thing about the SX3 is that they've removed Rekordbox compatibility, so it's no longer possible to buy a controller that works with both RB and Serato.

You gain dual USB and a couple of tiny tweaks, but you can no longer lend it to a Rekordbox user....

Where are you seeing the break from Rekordbox support? They never advertise that the Serato capable stuff works with RB but if you have a license it usually does.
beezwax 8:12 AM - 1 July, 2018
I've just bought a DDJ-SX3 and a DDJ-SR2. They are not (and will not) be supported apparently and all Pioneer controllers will now be either Rekordbox OR Serato. The DDJ-SX2 is the most recent controller that will do both.

They only made Rekordbox DJ compatible with the other controllers while they were trying to push the software onto everyone!!
It's a real shame as it would be great to have been able to do back to back sets between people using different software.

Quote:
Quote:

Where are you seeing the break from Rekordbox support? They never advertise that the Serato capable stuff works with RB but if you have a license it usually does.
Joe Fresh 4:31 PM - 1 July, 2018
beezwax, do you have a statement from Pioneer that corroborates that?
beezwax 4:59 PM - 1 July, 2018
I saw a couple of statements to that effect in the Pioneer forums whilst googling....
beezwax 5:01 PM - 1 July, 2018
Here's the official list of compatible units....

rekordbox.com
benictrs 10:12 AM - 3 July, 2018
Quote:
I've just bought a DDJ-SX3 and a DDJ-SR2.

I just saw that you already own the SX3 , what could you tell us about how it sounds ? Compared to the older SX2 ?
I'm realy curious if there is any improvement in the sound quality because there is no official word about this , only way we users can find out about this is on the forums where are opinions from real users .
Everything on the "unbiased " reviews is kind of bul***it , nobody is onest on the teck sites :(
beezwax 10:21 AM - 3 July, 2018
I very much doubt there's a noticeable difference in sound quality. I'm going to send it back and get a DDJ-SX3 anyway - better for me to have the Rekordbox compatibilty than the extra soundcard.

Such a shame there is no controller that let's you do changeovers between different software - I thought the DDJ-SX3 was going to be the perfect solution for multiple laptop DJs :-(

Quote:
Quote:

I just saw that you already own the SX3 , what could you tell us about how it sounds ? Compared to the older SX2 ?
I'm realy curious if there is any improvement in the sound quality because there is no official word about this , only way we users can find out about this is on the forums where are opinions from real users .
Everything on the "unbiased " reviews is kind of bul***it , nobody is onest on the teck sites :(
Rebelguy 12:50 PM - 3 July, 2018
Did they announce the SX2 was Rekordbox compatible when it was released? Maybe they have an agreement with a Serato to keep it an SDJ exclusive for a certain amount of time.
Rebelguy 12:51 PM - 3 July, 2018
Keep the SX3 an exclusive I mean.
popnwave 2:34 PM - 3 July, 2018
The SX2 was never advertised as such.. it just worked. Still doesn't list support for RB on the official Pioneer page. I'll see if the local GC has one of the SX3 yet and roll through there with my laptop.
DL GLENN DOE 11:25 PM - 6 July, 2018
I'm having problems with serato pro 2.0.3 working with a brand new sx3,done all the down loads,un zip files still wont work together!!….THEN unplugged sx3..pluged back in ddj sr and serato pro worked fine!! I have a hp laptop, Pioneer rep said all drivers are installed, its somethin with serato software...Now I'm stuck doing a live show with a ddjsr and not my sx3...HELP!!!
DJ Tecniq 3:03 AM - 7 July, 2018
Quote:
I'm having problems with serato pro 2.0.3 working with a brand new sx3,done all the down loads,un zip files still wont work together!!….THEN unplugged sx3..pluged back in ddj sr and serato pro worked fine!! I have a hp laptop, Pioneer rep said all drivers are installed, its somethin with serato software...Now I'm stuck doing a live show with a ddjsr and not my sx3...HELP!!!
What operating system are you running?
DL GLENN DOE 3:01 PM - 7 July, 2018
64 bit,x64processor
DJ Tecniq 4:08 PM - 7 July, 2018
Quote:
64 bit,x64processor
Does that mean i5 or i7 processor? What’s the full specs including ram.
Telony Ex 2:56 AM - 9 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

just so u know there is a way to get rbdj to work with any controller or sound card. might need to do some mappinngs but yeah its possible, see djtechtools
DJ MousE.ch 12:22 PM - 9 July, 2018
Please wait to use the DDJ-SX3, there's this bug that the Sound distorted occurs at once & i have this also at a Gig last Weekend, the only way "hardreset" with Power-Off & On, then it was away. Now I'm afraid it will come back someday:
forums.pioneerdj.com

Waiting for a bugfix! i think it's a soundcard-problem with the SX3 ???
JOHN JOHN 11:02 PM - 9 July, 2018
Ddj sx 3 Problem with master volume in Software Serato is freeze don't move!!!
deejayayup 1:19 PM - 14 July, 2018
Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm very glad of this release as I managed to get hold of a brand new SX2 for £650. This feels like such a massive upgrade compared to my DJ-505. The build feels so solid compared to the Roland and even my DDJ-SR. I do like the features of the SX3, though - especially the pitch shift buttons but the fact you can't use Rekordbox or replace the crossfader seems like a downgrade.
SG SOUNDS 6:21 PM - 14 July, 2018
Quote:
Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm very glad of this release as I managed to get hold of a brand new SX2 for £650. This feels like such a massive upgrade compared to my DJ-505. The build feels so solid compared to the Roland and even my DDJ-SR. I do like the features of the SX3, though - especially the pitch shift buttons but the fact you can't use Rekordbox or replace the crossfader seems like a downgrade.

Massive upgrade? have to disagree on you here imo the Roland controllers beat all over the pioneer controllers..I went from a sx2 to a dj 808 and never looked back
deejayayup 7:51 PM - 14 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Massive upgrade? have to disagree on you here imo the Roland controllers beat all over the pioneer controllers..I went from a sx2 to a dj 808 and never looked back

Never used an 808, I was comparing it to the 505 which feels far from solid. The crossfader on my 505 is bleeding after 5 months of weekend use and it generally just feels very cheap. I also much prefer the pioneer pads - much more responsive. I couldn’t possibly comment on the 808 though. It may be a different beast altogether.
Barry White 6:15 PM - 5 August, 2018
i have a problem with my DDJ SX3 after upgrading from the SX2 (Long story but for my business i literally need a controller that changes over).

Anyway i have a macbook 2015

2.8 ghz i7
16 gb ram

some portable drives and a ssd drive.

the play button, cue button, looping buttons, all cues, pitching time buttons - wont light up.(mind you they "work" but don't light up, also u can tell it does have a light under it)
i was foolish and didn't test before a gig so i was in a dark place
(not like sadness but not well lit) dj'ing like i didn't know anything. Anyway so i was doing some reading and i have Yosemite (10.11) and reading the website its support and compatibility starts at 10.12.6 aka sierra. Do you think this is the reason i'm having this problem?

Also i should note - i tried it in a mac with a updated os, and it did work the way it should. Then i plugged it back into mine, and it worked. So i kept turning it on and off to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and then it stopped again. So i'm wondering if the memory of the controller thought i was using the latest os and thats why it worked for a bit and then eventually reverts back to not woking. i wonder if new mac os has different power management as to why it has to be the latest os. Anyone have similar experiences or help?
DJ Tecniq 9:34 PM - 5 August, 2018
Quote:
i have a problem with my DDJ SX3 after upgrading from the SX2 (Long story but for my business i literally need a controller that changes over).

Anyway i have a macbook 2015

2.8 ghz i7
16 gb ram

some portable drives and a ssd drive.

the play button, cue button, looping buttons, all cues, pitching time buttons - wont light up.(mind you they "work" but don't light up, also u can tell it does have a light under it)
i was foolish and didn't test before a gig so i was in a dark place
(not like sadness but not well lit) dj'ing like i didn't know anything. Anyway so i was doing some reading and i have Yosemite (10.11) and reading the website its support and compatibility starts at 10.12.6 aka sierra. Do you think this is the reason i'm having this problem?

Also i should note - i tried it in a mac with a updated os, and it did work the way it should. Then i plugged it back into mine, and it worked. So i kept turning it on and off to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and then it stopped again. So i'm wondering if the memory of the controller thought i was using the latest os and thats why it worked for a bit and then eventually reverts back to not woking. i wonder if new mac os has different power management as to why it has to be the latest os. Anyone have similar experiences or help?
That’s really weird it’s possible it could be from the OS. That must mean you downloaded both drivers to work with Yosemite & High Sierra? Are you using the latest version of SDJ Pro?
DJ Tecniq 9:36 PM - 5 August, 2018
What you could do is use the controller without Serato and see if it lights up still? Also are you connecting the usb along with the power adapter or just usb power?
Alpha Unit 3:17 PM - 12 September, 2018
Finally got mine shipped and can honestly say there is no noticeable difference in sound card (disappointed). Also the (so far) apparent lack of support for rekordbox is annoying. Pioneer seems to be taking the same route Apple takes with it's phones by offering minor enhancements and tweaks while also cutting features and calling it an upgrade smh.
DjSyndic8 12:42 PM - 13 September, 2018
Quote:
Finally got mine shipped and can honestly say there is no noticeable difference in sound card (disappointed). Also the (so far) apparent lack of support for rekordbox is annoying. Pioneer seems to be taking the same route Apple takes with it's phones by offering minor enhancements and tweaks while also cutting features and calling it an upgrade smh.

+1
SG SOUNDS 1:07 PM - 13 September, 2018
Going from the sx2 to sx3 is not a upgrade...
pdidy 1:22 AM - 14 September, 2018
Quote:
Going from the sx2 to sx3 is not an upgrade...

This is true, It would be better described as a slightly better side step primarily due to the added USB port allowing for 2 laptop connectivity and undisrupted switchover.
popnwave 3:49 PM - 14 September, 2018
I like the size and my SX is getting a bit old, once the recall dust settles I might grab one next year.
DJ JulioYEG 5:04 PM - 14 September, 2018
Mc7000 has everything the sx3 has to offer plus the better sound card and the expansion packs and the double usbs
popnwave 7:15 PM - 14 September, 2018
Quote:
Mc7000 has everything the sx3 has to offer plus the better sound card and the expansion packs and the double usbs

I've been on the fence about that too, seems that unlike the more expensive MCX8000, the 7000 has been pretty solid based on reading the forums.
DJ JulioYEG 7:38 PM - 14 September, 2018
100 percen.t only gripe is the layout; when i dj during the week and hit the club back to the regular layout it takes me a couple songs to get back into the groove of the things
Xtadeus 11:54 AM - 15 September, 2018
they admit...
www.digitaldjtips.com
DJ MousE.ch 10:52 AM - 28 September, 2018
i have the possibility to change my DDJ-SX3 (aprilversion) to DDJ-SX3 (julyversion) and so i test till now, all problems are gone !!