Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

RANE 72 - Display Screen Connectivity Issues / inconsistent

DJ Richie Don.com 10:58 AM - 30 May, 2018
On my 72 on initial start up of SDJ Pro (using the rane mixer on, connect USB lead, and load SDJ Pro order) the touch screen part does not always connect / work.

IE touching the screen has no effect / I cant view wave forms / edit FX / scroll through library / change mixer setting via the touch screen / or use the effects.

WORKAROUND: I either need to close SDJ pro, disconnect USB, turn off mixer, and sometimes connect the mixer with SDJ open, then turn mixer on, or keep trying the suggested method of connection in the manual, or just random combinations until it finally connects and my FX's load, and touch screen feature then works, as should.

I assume this is a bug, but was wondering if anyone else had experience of this small issue, and if so, is there a permenent work around coming soon, or update / firmware to fix?

I am on 10.9, and prepared to go to 10.10 OSX but serato have replied quoting I need to be on 10.11, which I have installed on another machine, only to quickly remove as its plagued with issues.

Anyone experience any connection issues - JUST to the display screen? or initial connection issues?

>> While I am here, any ways to remap the 72 to suit my workflow, as my 62 and Pioneer SP1 i was a super fast beast, now i feel ive taken a step back having to press three buttons to activate a saved loop, rather than just my old remapped sync button on my SP1 in scratch live (im old, so don't need to sync ;)

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Aptidda 4:24 PM - 30 May, 2018
I would move to El Cap 10.11.6 that's what I am on and my 72 has no issues.
What about trying another USB cable before doing that?

Also some dude made a video on you youtube's on how to map your 72, go look for that and set it to do whatever you want it to pull saved loops.
The Return of Dj Sparky 5:10 PM - 30 May, 2018
The 72 seems pretty buggy, I was using one last weekend and the screen was bugging out, waveform view went all blue on both decks like you have a loop on with no loop and one channel went dead, had to reset the mixer to resolve each of the issues,

Battle ready??? Only if you intend to try to knock someone out with it
Aptidda 5:15 PM - 30 May, 2018
Really Sparky? I call BS, sounds like a personal problem and/or your lack of knowhow.
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:35 PM - 30 May, 2018
Yeah my lack of know how caused the screen to glitch and one of the channels to not work
Aptidda 6:39 PM - 30 May, 2018
your full of it, you and your blue collar cronies don't have access to 72's. Care to provide me a bid to paint the entire inside of my new home in the San Francisco Bay Area?
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:10 PM - 30 May, 2018
Where it belongs

ibb.co
DJ Tecniq 2:48 AM - 31 May, 2018
Quote:
Where it belongs

ibb.co
hahaha piece of shitπŸ˜‚
YZ 3:41 PM - 31 May, 2018
Quote:

While I am here, any ways to remap the 72 to suit my workflow, as my 62 and Pioneer SP1 i was a super fast beast, now i feel ive taken a step back having to press three buttons to activate a saved loop, rather than just my old remapped sync button on my SP1 in scratch live (im old, so don't need to sync ;)

"Custom Pad Sets" Look in the manual
DJ Richie Don.com 11:47 AM - 4 June, 2018
Have upgraded to 10.10.5 and tried another USB Cable. Still screen does not connect on start up. IE non touch responsive, activating an FX in serato DJ does not change the touch screen at all, & when saving FX in say Bank A, upon reloading of SDJ Pro, it has not saved the FX information. Annoying.

Do you think I should ship this back? or go to 10.12? Thoughts and feedback much apprecaited.

50/50 to actually switch back to my 62, anyone want to Buy a 72?

Q. Is ANYONE using, a Rane 82, on 10.10 + with any issues?
Gio Alex 1:34 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:
Where it belongs

ibb.co

LMFAO DEAD
Aptidda 3:44 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:
Have upgraded to 10.10.5 and tried another USB Cable. Still screen does not connect on start up. IE non touch responsive, activating an FX in serato DJ does not change the touch screen at all, & when saving FX in say Bank A, upon reloading of SDJ Pro, it has not saved the FX information. Annoying.

Do you think I should ship this back? or go to 10.12? Thoughts and feedback much apprecaited.

50/50 to actually switch back to my 62, anyone want to Buy a 72?

Q. Is ANYONE using, a Rane 82, on 10.10 + with any issues?

Just give up my man, if you cant figure out thus far you need to throw in the towel. Your better off with a Pioneer DJM S9, you cant hang with the big boys.
dj_soo 2:26 AM - 5 June, 2018
Contact customer support - you might have got a lemon.

Now would be the time to take advantage of their support because they want this product to succeed so they'll likely bend over backwards to keep their paying customers happy.
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:16 PM - 5 June, 2018
There was a firmware upgrade a few weeks ago did you install that for the 72?
Bondage 5:30 AM - 22 July, 2018
Quote:
On my 72 on initial start up of SDJ Pro (using the rane mixer on, connect USB lead, and load SDJ Pro order) the touch screen part does not always connect / work.

IE touching the screen has no effect / I cant view wave forms / edit FX / scroll through library / change mixer setting via the touch screen / or use the effects.

WORKAROUND: I either need to close SDJ pro, disconnect USB, turn off mixer, and sometimes connect the mixer with SDJ open, then turn mixer on, or keep trying the suggested method of connection in the manual, or just random combinations until it finally connects and my FX's load, and touch screen feature then works, as should.

I assume this is a bug, but was wondering if anyone else had experience of this small issue, and if so, is there a permenent work around coming soon, or update / firmware to fix?

I am on 10.9, and prepared to go to 10.10 OSX but serato have replied quoting I need to be on 10.11, which I have installed on another machine, only to quickly remove as its plagued with issues.

Anyone experience any connection issues - JUST to the display screen? or initial connection issues?

>> While I am here, any ways to remap the 72 to suit my workflow, as my 62 and Pioneer SP1 i was a super fast beast, now i feel ive taken a step back having to press three buttons to activate a saved loop, rather than just my old remapped sync button on my SP1 in scratch live (im old, so don't need to sync ;)

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Same problem. Same like you say. I've got a video and will send to Rane.
krisp kutz 8:29 PM - 23 July, 2018
10.10.5 is not supported by serato dj pro and the 72 i had my screen and mixer lock up and i contacted rane technical support and they said its most likely cause of the osx.
Aptidda 8:40 PM - 23 July, 2018
Quote:
10.10.5 is not supported by serato dj pro and the 72 i had my screen and mixer lock up and i contacted rane technical support and they said its most likely cause of the osx.

ya man what are you thinking updating your OS? Had it comin I guess!
Bondage 8:42 PM - 23 July, 2018
I got 10. 13. 4. (MBP 2017 quadcore)

Same problem with screen (not always)
DJ Richie Don.com 10:27 PM - 23 July, 2018
Thanks for all your input! Some reassurance i guess, that I am not the only one experiencing this bug.

If on 10.13.14 this occurs then I guess we all play the waiting game until this get resolved with a new firmwear update - fingers crossed.

My situation - I have updated my mixer to latest firmwear avaialble, tried another USB cable, and upgraded to 10.10.15 OSX and issue still occurs.

I'm still repping scratch live with an SL3, an pioneer SP1 when out at gigs, and just keep reconnecting SDJ pro, on my 72 till it connects properly when at home.

The waiting game continues....
Aptidda 11:30 PM - 23 July, 2018
Have fun waiting Donny boy! I will continue to enjoy my smooth waveforms....
Bondage 3:29 AM - 24 July, 2018
another thing I found:

For example:
1) assign both Flex FX engines to the same deck
2) select delay (time: 1/2)
3) turn dry/wett all the way
4) do the same test but with just one Flex FX engines selected to the deck.

result: there is less volume when you assign both Flex FX engines to the same deck in comparison when you assign just one flex FX engine to the same deck.

Is this also with you?
Bondage 3:29 AM - 24 July, 2018
I talk about hardware Rane effects.

Quote:
another thing I found:

For example:

result: there is less volume when you assign both Flex FX engines to the same deck in comparison when you assign just one flex FX engine to the same deck.

Is this also with you?
Aptidda 3:14 PM - 24 July, 2018
Quote:

Quote:
another thing I found:

For example:

Is this also with you?

can you make a ticket with Rane for this please? Thanks
Bondage 7:36 PM - 24 July, 2018
I did that but not yet received an answer.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
another thing I found:

For example:

Is this also with you?

can you make a ticket with Rane for this please? Thanks
sid420 9:07 PM - 14 October, 2018
Happened to me last night on the last version of high Sierra. Screen froze up. I have a very high powered Mac Pro. 2.8 i7 16 gigs ram & 1 tb ssd. After the night was over I turned it off and on. Was back to normal. Also the fader started moving by itself cause of the vibrations on the stage. I’ve alreasdy switched the fader once care of rane. No adjustments to the fader - stock. Gonna have to tighten it a bit.
r3k0 10:43 PM - 16 October, 2018
Ive had this 2 times since owning it from 1st batch release date, both times mid session say after about 3 hours of playing, everything works fine apart from the screen so not really a biggie, then at end of my set i just rebooted the mixer and all good.

Never had it at boot up and for the hours i have spent on it in several months its not a huge issue, would be nice if it was sorted with a FW update tho.

Also im on Windows 10 so maybe not an OS issue? Also OP's issue maybe similar but not exactly the same?
DJ Richie Don.com 3:35 PM - 2 November, 2018
ANOTHER ISSUE - ANY EXPERIENCED? HANGS ON RANE LOGO / NOT BOOTING!

After not using the 72 for a couple of weeks, I went to turn it on, and it wouldnt boot!

Lights go through the motions three times, and then it just hangs on the RANE logo.

Music still plays through the channels, but nothing else works.

UPDATED the firmware and it worked as it should for that session.

Since then, turned it on again, and problem persists, just hangs on the Rane logo.

So everytime I now want to use the mixer, I now have to update the firmware before a set. Fantastic!

Anyone had this issue? I think it's time to go back to my rock solid 62.
Gio Alex 6:47 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
So everytime I now want to use the mixer, I now have to update the firmware before a set. Fantastic!

Yikes!
dj_soo 6:53 PM - 2 November, 2018
Oof - I have never in my life experienced that on my 72

Try going back to 1.2 for now and then I’d contact customer support ASAP.
DJ Richie Don.com 6:56 PM - 2 November, 2018
Good shout, I have already contacted InMusic to see if I can return this unit. I'm kinda done with it TBH, and about to dust down the 62.
DJ Tecniq 7:28 PM - 2 November, 2018
Should of went with a Pioneer. My S9 still working beautifully after a few yearsπŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ’―
DJ Richie Don.com 7:35 PM - 2 November, 2018
We shall see what the future holds lol
r3k0 7:58 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Should of went with a Pioneer. My S9 still working beautifully after a few yearsπŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ’―

Haha, such a fanboy :D Take ya crappy, plastic S9 and stick it :D
Gio Alex 9:11 PM - 2 November, 2018
I'm actually not a huge fan of the S9. I've had some issues with it. It's not bad, but it's not AMAZING either.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 9:48 PM - 2 November, 2018
S9 he says! LMAO. If I wanted to get one I would go on craigslist and get one for a few hundred.

I had it but wasn't impressed, it is in a better home now at the local homeless soup kitchen.
dj_soo 10:40 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:

Didn't you have to return your first S9 due to it crapping out within a month?
Gio Alex 10:46 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

lmao SPOT BLOWN!
r3k0 10:49 PM - 2 November, 2018
And is he not also known as "No Cred" on these boards???

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
DJ Tecniq 5:35 PM - 4 November, 2018
Quote:
Correction. It was a bad unit from the beginning the XLR outs were bad it was just a lemon which happens with all products. My replacement has not had 1 single problem.
DJ Tecniq 5:36 PM - 4 November, 2018
There’s a reason why A-Trak is still using his S9πŸ˜‰
dj_soo 9:13 AM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Correction. It was a bad unit from the beginning the XLR outs were bad it was just a lemon which happens with all products. My replacement has not had 1 single problem.

so you're willing to give pioneer the benefit of the doubt for a faulty unit but not Rane?

The only problem I had on the 72 was due to a faulty usb cable - since swapping it out, I haven't had an issue and I use it exclusively now 3-4 gigs a week running anywhere from 2-10 hours straight.
Gio Alex 3:20 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
There’s a reason why A-Trak is still using his S9πŸ˜‰

people have preferences. Craze uses a Traktor Z2, but I wouldn't personally use it as my go to mixer.
r3k0 3:52 PM - 5 November, 2018
And maybe cos they get paid big bucks for using certain brands.....
Gio Alex 4:14 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
And maybe cos they get paid big bucks for using certain brands.....

Well, yeah... craze for instance is sponsored by traktor.
DJ JulioYEG 4:29 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
And is he not also known as "No Cred" on these boards???

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

going straight for the throat i see lol
r3k0 5:33 PM - 5 November, 2018
πŸ˜‰ facts lol!
DJ Tecniq 6:23 PM - 8 November, 2018
Quote:
πŸ˜‰ facts lol!
Least i haven’t gotten kicked off the board yet and had to create various user names like you...AptiddaπŸ˜‰
r3k0 6:27 PM - 8 November, 2018
Aaahhaha :-D He aint the only one that knows you as No Cred mate :-D

Ive never been banned, aint no troll and have a much sexier looking 72 that him ;-)

But he does know some one who has No Cred when he see's one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
DJ Richie Don.com 12:25 PM - 9 November, 2018
UPDATE - Mixer has gone back to InMusic to investigate the issues. (at last)

Replacement due soon for now the trust 62 is back in play.