Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Please Add Quantized Play and Quantized manual loops!!

lego49 1:46 AM - 30 May, 2018
By Quantize I mean Snap to beatgrid.

It would be great to have the option to press play so the track starts snapped to the beatgrid, instead of pressing play, adjusting the nudge, and then pressing a cue button.

The same goes for manual loop: the loop in button snapped to beatgrid, and also the loop out button. This is different from autoloop, because in autoloop you need to know the legnth of the loop in advance (the number of beats), but in manual loop you can create it on the fly as you listen to the music.
MutterOberin 10:01 PM - 18 July, 2018
Quote:

It would be great to have the option to press play so the track starts snapped to the beatgrid, instead of pressing play, adjusting the nudge, and then pressing a cue button.

If you use a controller you can do it like this: 1) begin paused 2) hold the pad for the cue point you want to start your track from, track is playing now 3) press Play/Pause button, track will continue playing if you let go from the pad now.

Quote:

The same goes for manual loop: the loop in button snapped to beatgrid, and also the loop out button. This is different from autoloop, because in autoloop you need to know the legnth of the loop in advance (the number of beats), but in manual loop you can create it on the fly as you listen to the music.

The manual loop is like the name says completely manual. I think a lot of people like this freedom and also that you do not have to deactivate quantize to use it. Also changing the loop out point gradually while the loop is playing is a transition technique, since you can manage large bpm jumps with that. So, ,from my point of view, I would not change the manual loops.
DJ KFM 5:55 PM - 3 September, 2020
I disagree, I think the quantization for manual loops should be a separate setting to other quantization, like Rekordbox v6 allows. Freedom just equals freedom to be slightly off-beat for the loop, which isn't very useful at all

Changing the loop out point as a transition technique should be unaffected, but manually setting it should be quantized.

More details here: serato.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:51 AM - 9 March, 2021
+1 on manual loop Quantized option.

I use it all the time on the Denon Prime players.

It’s only the Loop In and Loop Out that is Quantized, if you decide to adjust the OuT point, that action is not bound by the quantization

It’s called SMART LOOPS in the denon
BakeShow 6:35 AM - 16 May, 2022
+1 on manual loop Quantized option.