Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Ability to adjust the resonance/Q value for the channels HP/LP Filters.

Deltank 3:50 PM - 29 May, 2018
Hi,

I submit a new feature request : ability to adjust the resonance/Q value for the channels HP/LP Filters.
The default resonance/Q on channels filters is too hight, and don't allow to use it as smooth fade when mixing.
No need to have a realtime separate resonance/Q control on this filters, but just a global parameter in Serato Settings.

Regards,

Deltank.
Deltank 4:46 PM - 31 May, 2018
am i the only one to wait for this feature ? :)
Mr Wilks 2:16 PM - 1 June, 2018
It's got my +1
Deltank 12:12 PM - 27 July, 2018
other user to wait for this feature ? :)
DJMIYAGI 11:18 PM - 27 July, 2018
This can be adjusted on Rane mixers in the Rane Control Panel on your computer. The DJM-S9 also has a utility panel for filter resonance settings. Would be nice to see an option in Serato's setup menu for other brands of mixers and controllers.

+1
Bornd Fono 10:15 AM - 2 August, 2018
This is SOOO needed. Zero resonance would be SO nice since the Serato filters tend to fill frequencies which REALLY hurt the ears :/
cotdagoo 3:57 AM - 4 December, 2018
+1

Just bought a ddj-sx2 and the filter sounds awful coming from a well used djm-800..

currently too sharp colours the sound too much
Deltank 3:33 PM - 3 January, 2019
other user to wait for this feature in 2019 ? :)
Deltank 7:48 AM - 25 January, 2019
Other user to wait for this feature for NAMM 2019 ? :)
cotdagoo 5:25 PM - 25 January, 2019
Wish they would just disable the software filter and use the hardware filter built in that's exactly like any other Pioneer DJM filter.

Using it without a computer connected with turntables it sounds great!
Deltank 12:53 PM - 26 January, 2019
I use a controler, so there is no built-in filter.
The ability to adjust the resonance value for Serato Filters HP / LP channels is the only way.

In Traktor, there are 6 types of equalization and 3 types of filters.
Nothing like that in Serato DJ Pro :/

I have to change to Traktor and definitely leave Serato?
Wake up Serato !!! ;)
Deltank 1:30 PM - 26 January, 2019
I hope this will be a free option in the Serato settings, and not an extra paid option like all the others at Serato.
This feature is included free of charge in Traktor and Virtual DJ.
joefrost 12:42 PM - 12 March, 2019
+1 for this

Ideally we need to be able to adjust the resonance for the channel filters as well as have LPF and HPF effects with zero resonance for use in single FX mode.
KmanSanders 2:44 AM - 17 July, 2019
+1 for this..

rekordbox filter sounds better.
lukasschmit 11:00 PM - 12 August, 2019
+1000000

The filter sounds god awful, I like to do quick sweep-outs and the high resonance is an eardrum killer. Any chance of this actually happening because this is kind of a dealbreaker for me and it has been suggested countless times back since 2014.
Deltank 6:54 PM - 1 October, 2019
Other user want this feature before NAMM 2020 ? :)
joefrost 11:39 PM - 1 October, 2019
Traktor has this feature perfectly nailed, 3 different types of filter with the ability to set the resonance for each plus an on/off switch for them.
This means you can mix with the filters very nicely and do stuff like sweeping the HPF up and then using the on/off button to switch off the filter creating a clean cut to make a really nice drop.
To do the same in Serato I have to use the detailed FX setting set to a filter which means sacrificing all the other effects.
Bornd Fono 6:21 PM - 3 October, 2019
Quote:
Traktor has this feature perfectly nailed, 3 different types of filter with the ability to set the resonance for each plus an on/off switch for them.

Word. But Traktor is lightyears ahead when it comes to soundquality of effects anyway.
Deltank 4:13 PM - 27 November, 2019
Other user want this feature before NAMM 2020 ?
Spike_ro 7:10 AM - 2 December, 2019
+1
Jurjen 9:59 PM - 22 December, 2019
+1... Love Serato but the filter is just terrible.
Res-Q 1:06 AM - 23 December, 2019
+1 the filter on controllers device is unusable, it raises the volume wayyy too much
Jurjen 9:02 PM - 12 January, 2020
@joefrost: which FX do you use to replace the filter?
Deltank 5:44 PM - 16 March, 2020
Other user want this feature ?
Bornd Fono 5:46 AM - 22 March, 2020
Quote:
Other user want this feature ?

What we REALLY want would be VST/AU plugins as effect slots with everything freely midi-mappable...

...but we would take ANY improvment in the filter/effect section since it's long overdue. ;)
jamesjad 10:15 AM - 31 March, 2020
Quote:
+1

Just bought a ddj-sx2 and the filter sounds awful coming from a well used djm-800..

currently too sharp colours the sound too much

+1

It should be standard to be able to change the resonance in the software, preferably none!
MasonLathe 6:19 PM - 26 November, 2020
I'd really love this feature. As it stands I have to use both FX slots (one LP one HP) to get the resonance down which is a shame, having adjustable channel filter resonance as an option is the only thing (for me) that's missing in DJ Pro.
Deltank 1:28 PM - 14 April, 2021
2021 UP : other user to wait for this feature ? :)
Hawn Solo 10:38 PM - 14 July, 2021
+1

Seems like something that should have been added by now!
Demark 11:28 AM - 21 May, 2022
+1

Just picked up a Rane One and it's fantastic, but the HP/LP filter is unusable due to the high amount of resonance. It's ear drum destruction. Effects should be subtle. On my MP2015 there is a simple resonance knob (which I usually leave it turned down) and I'm sure in Serato it can be implemented in the software as a setting or controller key mapping. I'm fine with either.

Thanks for listening.