Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

HDMI video Switch with Edid Minder

Betow 2:57 PM - 28 May, 2018
Hello all,

I have this unit goo.gl and trying to switch between two laptops HDMI video sources running to a projector.

Left Laptop a 2012 Macbook Pro (mini Display to HDMI). Right Laptop i7 Asus (mini Display to HDMI).

Left Laptop running Serato DJ Pro/ME/Resolume. Right Laptop running Virtual DJ.

I picked up the Extron Switcher to maintain the connection on the secondary screen on both laptops. The Asus laptop with Virtual DJ has no issues maintaining it's image when I change video sources to the Macbook Pro.

However, when I change from the Macbook Pro to the Asus Laptop, then back. I have to sometimes unplug/replug the HDMI cable from the Macbook Pro to get the video to come back on.

Any ideas how I can stabilize the image come from the Macbook Pro?

Thanks for any advice!

(Thinking of maybe switching to a VGA solution).
Betow 10:39 AM - 29 May, 2018
Else, does anyone have a best practice on switching between video signals between two laptops going to a projector?
popnwave 2:47 PM - 29 May, 2018
So both are actively plugged in, but when you hit the switch button on the Extron it's tripping up? It might be a resolution thing tripping stuff up.

I sometimes had that issue without a scaler that leveled the playing field until I got an app called "Display Menu" to consistently set the extended desktop I was pushing full screen videos to a projector from two different sources (macbook pro and a satellite box).
popnwave 2:47 PM - 29 May, 2018
I think I had best results keeping my extended desktop at 720p.
Betow 9:53 PM - 29 May, 2018
Ok, I'll give it a shot with the 720p, thanks!
Betow 8:59 PM - 3 June, 2018
popnwave, I owe ya a beer buddy!

Setting the outputs to 720P (1280X720) on both laptops external display seemed to have solved the issue. Thanks!
popnwave 1:02 AM - 4 June, 2018
Sweeeeeet!
Disaster Girl 12:53 AM - 6 March, 2019
By factory default, the EDID stored on all inputs contains information for
a native resolution of 720p @ 60 Hz, 2-channel audio on the Extron products. Anyone know an alternative for 1080p at the same price range as the Extrons?