DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

dd-sb3 to mackie thump12a or others

kilu 2:57 PM - 22 May, 2018
Hey,

I recently just bought the ddj-sb3 along with a pair of krk rokit 5's.

I seen studio monitors are mainly for mixing and practiing/studio time and not for parties.

I went ahead and bought 1 mackie thump12a based on price and performance this seems like a good buy.

Still awaiting arrival of items but from researching im sort of confused as to how i would make this work.

ddj-sb3 comes with only 1 rca master output.

How would i connect to my pair of rokit krk 5's.

also, would i be able to connect to my Mackie thump12a.

Yes i am new to all this so im not exactly sure.

I did do some research and seen the Mackie comes with XLR input and not any RCA.

With 1 RCA master output could i connect to 2 rokit 5's.

And how well would an RCA to XLR cable work if i was to go that route.

I really wanted to practice and use this SB3 before upgrading to any other controller without really testing where im at in the world of djing.

Plus i just bought it and spent money i dont want to go to waste.

Thanks in advance
Logisticalstyles 7:12 PM - 22 May, 2018
www.amazon.com

RCA to XLR would work fine. I use to use it with my old SB2.
kilu 7:25 PM - 22 May, 2018
Quote:
www.amazon.com

I appreciate the reply. not to be a bother so would i need the rca male to xlr male ?

i have just 1 mackie thump12a would i just use one of the rca masters when connecteing ?
577er 4:23 AM - 23 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
www.amazon.com

I appreciate the reply. not to be a bother so would i need the rca male to xlr male ?

i have just 1 mackie thump12a would i just use one of the rca masters when connecteing ?

Yes male to male and you only need one RCA-XLR to go to each speaker Also set Serato to mono when using just one speaker.
kilu 1:28 PM - 23 May, 2018
thank you guys. now i have a little more insight to what im dealing with