DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

90's Dancehall Dj Pool

dj2smooth2017 12:55 AM - 16 May, 2018
Hey everyone. I am hoping that somebody has a solid answer for me as what I am looking for is pretty specific so that should eliminate any assumptions. I am looking for a solid dj pool that offers late 80's, 90's and early 2000's dancehall with drummed intros 32, 16, 8 bars and hopefully with a riddim specific search tool. Checked out many pools but although have some, they are pretty lacking at least when it comes to my criteria. Do what you love. I appreciate any help. Thanking you all in advance.
dj_soo 11:42 AM - 16 May, 2018
Record pools are mainly for new music - they supposed to be a cheap way for you to collect old tunes.
dj_soo 11:43 AM - 16 May, 2018
*aren't
WildcardX 6:12 PM - 16 May, 2018
Quote:
Hey everyone. I am hoping that somebody has a solid answer for me as what I am looking for is pretty specific so that should eliminate any assumptions. I am looking for a solid dj pool that offers late 80's, 90's and early 2000's dancehall with drummed intros 32, 16, 8 bars and hopefully with a riddim specific search tool. Checked out many pools but although have some, they are pretty lacking at least when it comes to my criteria. Do what you love. I appreciate any help. Thanking you all in advance.

I will be sending you a message regarding this as I am not sure the forum policy on the method.
Sphinx Sounds 7:40 PM - 16 May, 2018
You can try reggaetopsite- not sure if it's legit. I haven't used them in a while. You can look at top download and search for chunes by riddim.
dj2smooth2017 3:57 PM - 21 May, 2018
Thank you for your replies. I will be checking these suggestions out. Appreciate the time to reply. One Love
REDSELECTER 5:26 PM - 21 May, 2018
there is not a single "pool" site (or any other free download or membership site) that is legitimately offering 90s (or even 2000s) dancehall, soca, etc.
Mr. Goodkat 10:24 PM - 21 May, 2018
Quote:
there is not a single "pool" site (or any other free download or membership site) that is legitimately offering 90s (or even 2000s) dancehall, soca, etc.

you've tried every one and no dancehall?

i can think of at least 1
REDSELECTER 12:08 AM - 22 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

you've tried every one and no dancehall?

i can think of at least 1

My company distributes and/or publishes a lot of that stuff - we are based in Jamaica - a few may have some stuff given to
REDSELECTER 12:12 AM - 22 May, 2018
Sorry posting from the phone and hit send ... a few may have a small amount of stuff given to them directly by a producer (usually in contravention to other distribution or licensing agreements they’ve previously entered into) but none are legit sites.

Pretty much everyday a producer or artist is calling me because their stuff is up on reggaesitewhatever.com
DJ_Clippz 11:21 AM - 31 July, 2018
Quote:

Try Directmusicservice.com they have a decent backlog of oldskool dancehall - not everything but you can find some bangers.