DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Controller Won't Connect!! Serato DJ Pro & SB2

somwaba 12:44 AM - 15 May, 2018
Hey guys,

I have the Serato DDJ-SB2 and it simply will NOT connect to Serato DJ Pro on my computer. It works with Serato DJ Lite and I've deleted and re-downloaded Pro and it STILL won't connect.

A message pops up at the bottom saying it's "connecting" and will "take a minute" but it won't...

Can anyone help me as to why? I have the latest MacBook Air too. Help!
baba clarke 1:48 AM - 15 May, 2018
I’m been have that same issues both on Mac an pc it’s the software
Logisticalstyles 12:32 PM - 15 May, 2018
Did you pay for the upgrade to Serato DJ Pro? The SB2 is a Intro/Lite controller by default. You have to upgrade to Serato DJ Pro.
somwaba 3:44 PM - 15 May, 2018
Quote:
Did you pay for the upgrade to Serato DJ Pro? The SB2 is a Intro/Lite controller by default. You have to upgrade to Serato DJ Pro.

Ohh this makes sense. I was nervous to buy it in case it didn't work - so If I but it, it will allow me to choose my controller?
Logisticalstyles 5:40 PM - 15 May, 2018
Yes. I used to have that controller myself.
baba clarke 7:47 PM - 15 May, 2018
I own the Ddj sx2 serato pro is free an I also brought serato for both pc an Mac I also have the the same problem not connecting it the software
Logisticalstyles 7:52 PM - 15 May, 2018
Could be your computer. Have you tried swapping out the USB cable?
baba clarke 7:57 PM - 15 May, 2018
When serato 2.0 was in beta it work fine now after serato update it connect when it wants
Gio Alex 3:54 PM - 16 May, 2018
It could be the OS you're on too perhaps. Do you meet the system requirements. I made that mistake with the DDJ-SR2. Even though Serato DJ worked fine, the controller wasn't recognized until I bumped up to at least Yosemite.
RR437T 2:01 AM - 17 May, 2018
Quote:
I own the Ddj sx2 serato pro is free an I also brought serato for both pc an Mac I also have the the same problem not connecting it the software

The sx2 has different modes. Make sure its set for Serato. Its all in the manual. Also, if you have a usb2 port, use it for your controller. Don't put anything else on the usb2 bus.

Other than that, sometimes you just have to restart everything. Especially if its been left on for a long time.
somwaba 12:56 AM - 18 May, 2018
It finally works guys!

I was scared to buy the Pro in case it didn't work, but as Logisticalstyles said you gotta buy it, or at least do the 14-day trial. All is well - thanks so much!
Mr sean 5:20 PM - 15 November, 2019
I have the ddj sb2 having same problems. I have serato pro after it told me I needed to up date to pro. So I did everything was working fine and now after 3 months it doesn't connect and it does the right side play button will suddenly stop working. So I need to reset in the middle.of my club set.

I have re tried the dj lite and still the same
I need to pull the usb cable out then back in a few times before it contacts sometimes it can take up to half hour before it's connecting.

. Pro is bought and DJ lite is free I have both and still have same problems with both of them

Need help