Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Allen & Heath Xone:96

HellNegative1 12:46 AM - 10 May, 2018
Will the Xone:96 be SeratoDJ Compatible?
Rebelguy 1:03 AM - 10 May, 2018
Quote:
Will the Xone:96 be SeratoDJ Compatible?

You are asking about compatibility on a mixer that hasn't been officially announced yet?
HellNegative1 1:07 AM - 10 May, 2018
Yes,

Yes I am. We pretty much got confirmation for it's compatibility with Traktor. :-p
Aptidda 5:56 PM - 10 May, 2018
Rane 72 > A&H anything.
HellNegative1 5:58 PM - 10 May, 2018
For scratching, yes. For 4 channel mixng, no. Unless Rane is gonna give us a new 4 channel mixer......
Aptidda 6:07 PM - 10 May, 2018
That would be cool, like a Rane 74!
HellNegative1 6:26 PM - 10 May, 2018
Quote:
That would be cool, like a Rane 74!

I would give up my first born for one
HellNegative1 3:36 PM - 25 May, 2018
Well, we now have a reveal date. June 6th. I've never been so excited for a Wednesday in my life!
Aptidda 3:42 PM - 25 May, 2018
breh that's gonna be a sweet mixer. It's made in Great Britian for Christ sake! It's gonna be the Rolls Royce of 4 channel mixers!
Clubber1970 4:01 PM - 25 May, 2018
As a big Allen and Heath fan I‘m very excited about the 96. Hopefully it will be supported by Serato.
blackavenger 4:07 AM - 26 May, 2018
Quote:
Well, we now have a reveal date. June 6th. I've never been so excited for a Wednesday in my life!

Haha, likewise! Thanks to the HEX Editors we know that it has dual soundcards. That would indicate to me that it would have Serato support. If this is the successor to the X92, and it does have dual soundcards, it would be foolish for either Serato or Traktor not to support it. Provided it has a couple other requirements (X-Link & Insert FX Jacks) I will be replacing my Xone:PX5 with it for sure!
blackavenger 4:13 AM - 26 May, 2018
Quote:
breh that's gonna be a sweet mixer. It's made in Great Britian for Christ sake! It's gonna be the Rolls Royce of 4 channel mixers!

Actually, it's only designed in the UK and built in China now. The Model-1 is actually built in the UK, as well as older Xone:92s, 62s, 23s, etc..

But, if Apple can produce a solid machine in China's factories, it's entirely possible that other brands can as well. If that damned tsunami hadn't hit Japan, China wouldn't have the superiority it has today in manufacturing.
Mr. Goodkat 6:51 PM - 27 May, 2018
Quote:
it would be foolish for either Serato or Traktor not to support it

doesnt it already have traktor certification
DJSCIASCIA 9:56 PM - 27 May, 2018
Check it

instagram.com
HellNegative1 9:39 AM - 28 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
it would be foolish for either Serato or Traktor not to support it

doesnt it already have traktor certification

Yes it does. We don't have any tease or confirmation from Serato, as of yet though. I am hoping we find out soon. If not, June 9th is just a little over a month away.
Clubber1970 7:47 PM - 28 May, 2018
No. Only a two weeks until release
Mr. Goodkat 9:15 PM - 28 May, 2018
its just like a 92, which has had problems with their chips for filters after the japanese tsunami (not potatoes uk english speakers).

don't see what the big deal would be
blackavenger 6:25 AM - 30 May, 2018
Unique features I've been able to discern from the pix so far:

Dual Soundcards
Dual Monitoring

That's it! I REALLY hope it's more than just that. Otherwise, it should be an MK2 version of the X92, instead of a whole new product.

*it looks like the Bandpass Filter might have gotten the boot, as well as the two LFOs.
Ughh, we'll see come June, I suppose.

Two steps forward, several steps back....

I might be keeping my PX5 afterall :-/
DJSCIASCIA 10:41 AM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
Unique features I've been able to discern from the pix so far:

Dual Soundcards
Dual Monitoring

That's it! I REALLY hope it's more than just that. Otherwise, it should be an MK2 version of the X92, instead of a whole new product.

*it looks like the Bandpass Filter might have gotten the boot, as well as the two LFOs.
Ughh, we'll see come June, I suppose.

Two steps forward, several steps back....

I might be keeping my PX5 afterall :-/

How do you like he PX5? I really like the look and layout of it and want to upgrade from my 900srt. Sound quality is a priority for me so I’m torned between the PX5 and the 900nxs2.
blackavenger 3:12 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
How do you like he PX5?

Sound quality is incredible! I think it sounds better than the Xone:92 or the 900nxs2. Especially w' real vinyl!!! It has a really warm and rich sound to it. Bass sounds deep and tight. Mids balanced, Highs crisp without being harsh. It's got connections galore. I have (2) NXS2s, (2) MK5s, a Bozure Isolator, a TEIL1 Tape Delay, a Kaossilator, and I control Ableton w' a Xone:K2 via X-Link. Having the built-in 20 channel (5 in/5 out) 24/96 soundcard is a plus, for sure! Occasionally, I even hook up the Minilogue via MIDI. So, in the connections department it's solid. One of my favorite features is being able to use the crossfader for wet/dry control over the built-in FX. Plus the FX themselves are top notch, studio quality in my opinion. I also LOVE being able to engage the external & internal FX at the same time. That's sooo dope! Lastly, having the FX Sends, Pre or Post fader, is a HUGE plus.

There are some things I don't like about it, however. The Channel & Crossfader slopes are weak....the curves don't react the way they are supposed to. It's so bad w' the crossfader that I stopped using it for anything but the aforementioned wet/dry control. Plus the curves are selected via a 3 position toggle switch. I HATE that! The pot posts are made of plastic. I mean, I haven't had an issue w' them thus far, but I've only owned the mixer since last July. It may be an issue in the future. I just don't feel a $1K+ mixer should skimp on such a frequently used component.

Overall, I LOVE the mixer. It has some shortcomings, but the positives certainly outweigh the negatives for me. The PHONO Preamps are really good. Better than the X92's, in my opinion. That's important to me as I still like to purchase and play real vinyl. Also, the connections.....the only other mixer in a 12" form factor that's comparable to it is another Allen & Heath mixer. The 900nxs2 isn't gonna' allow for all those hookups.

Be aware though, Serato does not support it. You'll have to have an SL box. To be honest, I only occasionally hook up Serato these days. If Serato would support it, like Traktor currently does, that would be a different story......hello, Serato, are you listening?
Aptidda 4:15 PM - 30 May, 2018
I don't understand the hate on "Plastic Pots". What current mixer in production does not have "Plastic Pots"? I have not yet had an issue with them...........
blackavenger 4:29 PM - 30 May, 2018
You mean, the pots or the posts? If the former, nearly every mixer in existence has them. If the latter, several brands still use them: Pioneer, Denon, Behringer, Numark, Hell, even other A&H mixers have metal posts. By the way, I said...

Quote:
"I mean, I haven't had an issue w' them thus far, but I've only owned the mixer since last July. It may be an issue in the future.
Aptidda 5:17 PM - 30 May, 2018
Not posts dumbass, POTS. You know, those things you rotate in a circular motion that control things like: "Gain, Bass, Mids, Treble". Who has ever seen plastic POSTS on cross faders? Amateurs.....
HellNegative1 5:41 PM - 30 May, 2018
Well this escalated quickly.

A note on the PX5: I was not a fan. It feels like A&H's attempt at a club standard mixer and you can tell they went way out of their comfort xone (pun intended).

The DB4 runs circles around it.
blackavenger 9:49 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:

I refuse to feed the troll.

Quote:
The DB4 runs circles around it.

Well, seeing as how the DB4 was nearly $3K when it was first released, don't you think that's to be expected? Also, I've heard the PHONO preamps on the DB4 w' real vinyl. I'm not impressed at all. But yes, the DB4 does run circles around the PX5.
Mr. Goodkat 10:24 PM - 30 May, 2018
the db4 seems like a great personal mixer, but for club installs or people not familiar with the mixer(personally only seen one from my sound guy that keeps it in inventory for a a couple big names).

the DB2 seemed like the perfect option for me until it didnt work and i had trouble with the software(although i think the mixer was messed up from the start, i couldnt get analog sources or digital sources to play less than -50 db.

The efx section looked great, A&H effects have multiple presets(10-20) for each of 5 efx. Efx could be used together or separate with the push of the button.

the eqs could be trim or kill or used as a HP and LP filter with resonance(the mid eq knob)

any channel could be routed to any input

and i thought teh GUi looked cool(the metal knobs looked and felt great) and the main meter could be used in 3 ways (i thought the one where only the top leds hit, with none of the others hitting looked cool)

who knows maybe ill try another one sooner or later, the one i bought was a open box bargain, prob why it was a bargain.
HellNegative1 10:39 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
the db4 seems like a great personal mixer, but for club installs or people not familiar with the mixer(personally only seen one from my sound guy that keeps it in inventory for a a couple big names).

the DB2 seemed like the perfect option for me until it didnt work and i had trouble with the software(although i think the mixer was messed up from the start, i couldnt get analog sources or digital sources to play less than -50 db.

The efx section looked great, A&H effects have multiple presets(10-20) for each of 5 efx. Efx could be used together or separate with the push of the button.

the eqs could be trim or kill or used as a HP and LP filter with resonance(the mid eq knob)

any channel could be routed to any input

and i thought teh GUi looked cool(the metal knobs looked and felt great) and the main meter could be used in 3 ways (i thought the one where only the top leds hit, with none of the others hitting looked cool)

who knows maybe ill try another one sooner or later, the one i bought was a open box bargain, prob why it was a bargain.

I whole heartedly agree. Literally every time someone went to DJ on my setup when I had the DB4 in the coffin, they would have to ask me how to use the mixer. I switched to the DB2 for this exact reason (compromise).
Mr. Goodkat 11:13 PM - 30 May, 2018
so you have one and like it? im still doing a lot of open format and just rebought at 62 but i'm still dreaming about it.

you have any issues with it?
Aptidda 11:17 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I refuse to feed the troll.

Quote:

Good call, a good choice as you don't want to get verbally slapped by the Boss man on campus.
HellNegative1 12:54 AM - 31 May, 2018
Quote:
so you have one and like it? im still doing a lot of open format and just rebought at 62 but i'm still dreaming about it.

you have any issues with it?

I did have one. Sold it a while back. I absolutely loved it. Had a couple glitches (Soundcard would randomly disconnect), but those went away with a firmware update.
blackavenger 11:53 AM - 31 May, 2018
There is something from the rear shot of the X96 that has me perplexed. In between the X-Link port and the two USB Ports is some other kind of port/jack. It's much larger than the X-Link port. I wonder what it could be? Anyone have any ideas?
HellNegative1 6:35 PM - 31 May, 2018
Quote:
There is something from the rear shot of the X96 that has me perplexed. In between the X-Link port and the two USB Ports is some other kind of port/jack. It's much larger than the X-Link port. I wonder what it could be? Anyone have any ideas?

Thats a standard 5-pin midi out port. The 92 had one as well.
blackavenger 5:39 AM - 1 June, 2018
It looks square...
HellNegative1 2:00 PM - 1 June, 2018
It only looks square due to the screws in the case.

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com
blackavenger 2:29 PM - 1 June, 2018
Yeh, my PX5 has a 5-pin midi jack too. But it doesn't look like this does. But you're probably right. That would make sense.
Clubber1970 3:09 AM - 2 June, 2018
So no Serato support? It is not mentioned in the 2.0.3 release notes. Ok at least the Mixer is usable with Traktor and Rekordbox!
blackavenger 5:41 AM - 2 June, 2018
Quote:
Ok at least the Mixer is usable with Traktor and Rekordbox!

You mean plain ole' USB (Rekordbox), or Rekordbox DJ? Because I haven't seen anything about it supporting Rekordbox DJ and would LOVE to know where you discovered that.
That would be HUGE news for Pioneer to officially support a non-Pioneer branded mixer.
Clubber1970 6:54 AM - 2 June, 2018
I mean Rekordbox DJ. It is of course not officially mentioned as a supported Device. But as I can say with my own experience my A&H DB2 works great with Rekordbox DJ in performance Mode. I use there 4 channel: Two in HID with XDJ700‘s and two in DVS mode with my turntables. It works perfectly without any hicups. I‘ve done many gigs with this setup.
Rekordbox DJ is complete open which soundcard you want to use. You only need to have enough In/Out channels for using DVS
Clubber1970 7:02 AM - 2 June, 2018
...and for triggering Hot Cues, browsing tracks, looping I have an DDJ-XP1 from which i have the Rkbx DJ and DVS licenses.
HellNegative1 7:46 AM - 2 June, 2018
Quote:
So no Serato support? It is not mentioned in the 2.0.3 release notes. Ok at least the Mixer is usable with Traktor and Rekordbox!

The announcement date is June 9th, not the release date. We do not know the release date, but I bet it will be in more than enough time for Serato DJ to have another update. ;-)
Clubber1970 7:47 AM - 2 June, 2018
That would be great!
blackavenger 1:50 AM - 5 June, 2018
Quote:
Rekordbox DJ is complete open which soundcard you want to use. You only need to have enough In/Out channels for using DVS

Dope! I didn't know that.
HellNegative1 6:05 PM - 8 June, 2018
They dont allow images on here, but Im about to be posting the leaked photos on my Instagram shortly.
HellNegative1 8:04 PM - 8 June, 2018
Caley Martin 8:05 PM - 8 June, 2018
Finally, the xone:92 we have all been waiting for. Looks great. I hope they offer a storm grey/black version as well!

That dual soundcard though. #imwet
Mr. Goodkat 8:18 PM - 8 June, 2018
is 'crunch' new?
blackavenger 7:05 AM - 9 June, 2018
Quote:
is 'crunch' new?

yeah.
blackavenger 7:11 AM - 9 June, 2018
Leaked images....I mean, we should have the full story in a matter of hours, but I still thought it would be cool to share the pix.

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com
blackavenger 8:50 AM - 9 June, 2018
Sure enough, a couple hours.....

www.allen-heath.com
blackavenger 9:08 AM - 9 June, 2018
Innofader Mini, complete with fader cut adjustment for our sharpest cut ever.

A First for A&H! They're learning.
Clubber1970 11:58 AM - 9 June, 2018
Man, I wanna have that shit. Though it‘s not Serato certified. There are other Software options available.
roy rohypnol 12:42 PM - 9 June, 2018
Looks proper tasty!! Wonder how it will sound compared to the original 92??
HellNegative1 5:57 PM - 9 June, 2018
Quote:
Man, I wanna have that shit. Though it‘s not Serato certified. There are other Software options available.

It's Traktor Scratch Certified. If Serato doesn't pick up the torch, you could always use Rekordbuddy to convert your library and make the switch. I know I will be once these are available for purchase.
Rebelguy 4:13 PM - 10 June, 2018
Any word on pricing?
HellNegative1 4:18 PM - 10 June, 2018
Quote:
Any word on pricing?

So far, all we know is less than $2k USD.
roy rohypnol 4:20 PM - 10 June, 2018
$1,999
£1,599
DJSCIASCIA 8:20 PM - 10 June, 2018
I guess I’ll be waiting for this mixer. Forget the PX5 & 900NXS2
Aptidda 3:28 PM - 11 June, 2018
Sweet, I'm gonna pick one of these up too.
Clubber1970 5:50 PM - 16 June, 2018
Does anybody heard the new crunch effect of the 96?
HellNegative1 3:07 AM - 17 June, 2018
Quote:
Does anybody heard the new crunch effect of the 96?

I hope we get an audio demo soon.
Caley Martin 10:53 PM - 14 July, 2018
Using the MP2015 as an example and potential timeline comparison for Serato Club Kit support:

January 2015: MP2015 announced
April 2015: MP2015 shipped
May 2015: NI announces Traktor support
August 2015: Serato announces Club Kit support

May 2018: NI releases update that pre-announces support for new A&H mixer
June 2018: xone:96 announced
August 2018: xone:96 will be released

If we hypothetically use NI support as a frame of reference, we can expect at least +3 months... which puts it right around the August launch (that would be magical). If we use the actual launch instead, that would suggest +4 months landing in December 2018

Serato would be silly not to support a flagship mixer from A&H!
blackavenger 7:19 AM - 15 July, 2018
Quote:

Indeed.....foolish, even.
Rebelguy 2:41 PM - 15 July, 2018
Quote:
Using the MP2015 as an example and potential timeline comparison for Serato Club Kit support:

If we hypothetically use NI support as a frame of reference, we can expect at least +3 months... which puts it right around the August launch (that would be magical). If we use the actual launch instead, that would suggest +4 months landing in December 2018

Look into how long it took them to support the DB4.
Caley Martin 9:17 PM - 15 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

True... but 5 years post announce is way better than NI’s 8 years (2.11.3 finally added support for a handful of A&H mixers).
HellNegative1 2:58 AM - 16 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

True... but 5 years post announce is way better than NI’s 8 years (2.11.3 finally added support for a handful of A&H mixers).

You are correct, but NI has support for the 96 ahead of anyone else. And while Serato was only licensed to specific djm mixers for quite a while, Traktor was licensed DJM mixers without needing special branding.

So, it goes both ways for both companies.
ninjagaijin 9:39 PM - 18 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, it's only designed in the UK and built in China now. The Model-1 is actually built in the UK, as well as older Xone:92s, 62s, 23s, etc..

But, if Apple can produce a solid machine in China's factories, it's entirely possible that other brands can as well. If that damned tsunami hadn't hit Japan, China wouldn't have the superiority it has today in manufacturing.

Damn, I was getting excited for a second thinking that they were making in UK again. I am pretty sure I have a Chinese Xone 92.

The Xone 96 looks amazing though, it has a lot of upgraded features compared to the 92 (addressed a lot of small things) - I really like that aux send 1 has option for hi-z output, so you can directly connect guitar level pedals and effects to it without having to use a seperate reamper. The parametric EQ on the returns/mic inputs. The better xfader. The second separate cue/headphones section. The crunch. The extra sends. The sound cards. It's got a lot of features!

It gets me tempted to sell my Xone 92 and upgrade.. but I think I'll keep dreaming and possibly one day, saving towards a Formula Sound FF4.2L, which seems like a Xone 92 but much much better sound and build quality.

The main issue I personally have with Xone 92 is how the filter leds make audible little pops, I can hear some gremlins in the headphone output when first turn it on (needs to warm up for a while, otherwise sometimes a squeely noise in headphones), either bought 2nd hand with a blown PSU or blew a PSU using it too much/overheating - since replacing that I don't leave it on stupid long periods of time anymore and am considering more ventilation / possibly some airy case for it with a fan or something. But it doesn't seem to get as hot as it used to (master section power supply area would get REALLY hot sometimes). But for its few quirks I still love it for its decent sound quality and large amount of connections.

Oh and the new 96 also has a better layout for cables on the back I think.. recording RCA at the top, instead of hidden at the bottom near master and booth outputs on the 92 lol
blackavenger 8:38 PM - 2 October, 2018
I've got my pre-order in. Was told they should have it by Wednesday (10/10) of next week. Then I should have it a few days later. I can't wait!! I wonder if Serato will ever end up supporting it? Not that it really matters to me, personally, anymore.....I've pretty much abandoned DVS. But it would be nice knowing that all bases could be covered if I used it for a party.
roy rohypnol 9:58 PM - 2 October, 2018
Please post your thoughts when you get it!! :)
Caley Martin 6:02 AM - 17 October, 2018
Does anyone have their 96 yet?
blackavenger 4:44 PM - 17 October, 2018
Quote:

Nope :'(

I preordered from TheDJHookup. They made a FB post on the 9th stating that they were getting their stock within the week. Here we are 8 days later with no mention of them receiving their stock.

A few peeps from this FB Group ( www.facebook.com ) I belong to have received theirs, so I know A&H are shipping them out, albeit VERY slowly.
HellNegative1 5:37 PM - 17 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Nope :'(

I preordered from TheDJHookup. They made a FB post on the 9th stating that they were getting their stock within the week. Here we are 8 days later with no mention of them receiving their stock.

A few peeps from this FB Group ( www.facebook.com ) I belong to have received theirs, so I know A&H are shipping them out, albeit VERY slowly.

You are not alone. I ordered mine from Zzounds and am still waiting.
blackavenger 8:31 PM - 17 October, 2018
Actually, I just got the email that it will be shipping out tomorrow!!! So hopefully I'll have it on Saturday or perhaps Monday. Man, I can't wait!! So amped!
Caley Martin 10:27 PM - 19 October, 2018
Oh man, Saturday delivery for me! So excited!!!!
Mr. Goodkat 10:35 PM - 19 October, 2018
my sound guy just got his in, sent me a pic last nite.
blackavenger 1:57 PM - 22 October, 2018
Quote:
Actually, I just got the email that it will be shipping out tomorrow!!! So hopefully I'll have it on Saturday or perhaps Monday. Man, I can't wait!! So amped!

Ughh!

I wasn't supposed to receive that email stating that mine was shipping out.
When I wasn't sent the tracking number, I went ahead and called to find out what was going on. Apparently, they only received a few units and those who preordered theirs before me, rightfully, had theirs shipped out and I have to wait for the next batch which is "supposed to" come in October 30th.

Damn, Allen & Heath, get your shit together!! This is happening world-wide! Big Name shops only receiving a few units when they were supposed to receive dozens and even hundreds.

It has only been 37 days since I "paid in full" for my preorder. However, there are some peeps that also "paid in full" for theirs dating all the way back to June. If I am this frustrated, I can only imagine how raging pissed they are by now.
Rebelguy 3:42 PM - 23 October, 2018
Sweetwater has them in stock.
blackavenger 6:15 AM - 24 October, 2018
Quote:
Sweetwater has them in stock.

I got mine for $300 less than retail.
So, I'll continue to wait a few weeks.
Bornd Fono 3:30 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
As a big Allen and Heath fan I‘m very excited about the 96. Hopefully it will be supported by Serato.

Yeah. This really needs to happen!
roy rohypnol 6:16 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, the 96 is a professional mixer and not a kiddie controller so I wouldn't hold your breath.
DJ JulioYEG 6:27 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, the 96 is a professional mixer and not a kiddie controller so I wouldn't hold your breath.

ur a blast at parties hey
Caley Martin 6:28 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, the 96 is a professional mixer.

That's exactly why it SHOULD be supported.
roy rohypnol 7:04 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ur a blast at parties hey

And I bet you turn up as a clown hey
Serato, Moderator
Matt-C 8:50 PM - 5 November, 2018
Hey folks - remember to be nice to each other :D
DJ JulioYEG 11:33 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Hey folks - remember to be nice to each other :D

cmon matt ur gonna let him diss serato as a software for "kiddie " controlers only ??
Serato, Moderator
Matt-C 3:05 AM - 6 November, 2018
Everyone is welcome to their opinion.

We just need to play nice together to keep the forum area an enjoyable experience for everyone.

:D
Caley Martin 6:30 AM - 6 November, 2018
Quote:
Everyone is welcome to this opinion.

We just need xone:96 to play nice together with Club Kit to keep Serato DJ Pro an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Fixed that for you. ;-)
HellNegative1 7:50 PM - 6 November, 2018
Give it time y'all. It'll happen eventually. I think the future of Serato is the same as with other DVS solutions. It will end up being paid software that is open to all platforms.
blackavenger 9:37 PM - 6 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

We just need xone:96 to play nice together with Club Kit to keep Serato DJ Pro an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Fixed that for you. ;-)

Just gonna' leave this here (LOL, Serato asleep at the wheel as usual - #clueless).....

i.imgur.com
Caley Martin 10:56 PM - 6 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed that for you. ;-)

Just gonna' leave this here (LOL, Serato asleep at the wheel as usual - #clueless).....

i.imgur.com

Man... that's really disheartening to read that. It just seems like a no-brainer that this mixer would get Club Kit support. I mean c'mon... everyone has been waiting for a 96 for how long now? And now that it's finally here, we're going to start seeing it EVERYWHERE.
blackavenger 2:28 AM - 7 November, 2018
Yup, I thought for sure that it would be supported. But, hearing that from Alex is hearing it from the horse's mouth. So, apparently Serato aren't interested in supporting what will likely be THE industry standard outside of Pioneer Nexus mixers. Fools!
blackavenger 2:31 AM - 7 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Kinda' backs up Roy's statement now, doesn't it?
Bornd Fono 9:14 AM - 7 November, 2018
I also thought it was a no-brainer that this mixer would get Club Kit Support. Like you guys I am really sad that Serato seems to be sleeping on this. :/
roy rohypnol 9:19 AM - 7 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Kinda' backs up Roy's statement now, doesn't it?

I learnt my my lesson when I got burned on the Rane MP2014 :(
roy rohypnol 9:25 AM - 7 November, 2018
*my*
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:07 PM - 7 November, 2018
No harm in requesting support via the feature request thread. If the hardware manufacturer has a forum for requesting third party software support don't forget to drop them a line as well.

I reckon it will happen at some point, especially since you may use it with Traktor 3, Virtual DJ and Rekordboxdj ...could be wrong though.

I always assumed djs that prefer allen&heath, rotary mixers are audiophiles who prefer vinyl and other standalone audio sources (cdjs)
blackavenger 7:14 PM - 7 November, 2018
I miss the Serato that Sam Gribben was CEO of.
Soooooo much has changed since then!!!
Rebelguy 4:56 AM - 8 November, 2018
Well they did add support for the DB4. It only took 4 years after release.
rickymart 12:37 AM - 9 November, 2018
Folks already owning or hoping to get a Xone:96 (an amazing piece of kit) should definitely not hold their breadth.

Its Junior” predecessor, the PX5, has been around for like 2 years and Serato hasn’t bat an eyelash.

I own a PX5 and totally love it. I got it for its beautiful sound, soundcard, send\return, MIDI, etc etc. To be sure, I did hope Serato would soon support it and since I had gotten the club kit and DVS for using it with an old DB4, I took the risk.

But since I didn’t want to fork out hard-earned dough on a superfluous SSL or even Denon interface for a mixer with a four phono soundcard built in, I simply moved on to Traktor and Rekordbox for big gigs and now use Serato now only for minor affairs with an old DDJ-SX and a DJ2GO2 when its some informal thing.

TBH, this under-the-radar story makes me wonder what sort of private squabble has produced the anti-Allen & Heath stance in Auckland. When A&H released the PX5 they hope Serato would supported but that it was up to Serato to do so. Only insiders and good sleuths might know if there’s any connection with the earlier discontinuation of the K1. (Pioneer and NI seem to have their own beef vis-à-vis Traktor support for a XDJ-1000 mk2.)

Curiously, some of you might have noticed that several months ago A&H posted a pic on Twitter with some DJs using Serato with the PX5, except that there was a big bulge on the table cloth, seemingly hiding an SSL-4.

Peace.
Bornd Fono 8:18 AM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
TBH, this under-the-radar story makes me wonder what sort of private squabble has produced the anti-Allen & Heath stance in Auckland.

Yeah, the guys at Serato really seem to not like the A&H brand. Wtf? All they do is build beautiful top-end hardware which is used all over the world by DJs who really are into what they are doing and who love good sound quality.
Caley Martin 5:35 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
TBH, this under-the-radar story makes me wonder what sort of private squabble has produced the anti-Allen & Heath stance in Auckland.

Yeah, the guys at Serato really seem to not like the A&H brand. Wtf? All they do is build beautiful top-end hardware which is used all over the world by DJs who really are into what they are doing and who love good sound quality.

Well said. I use both Serato and A&H mixers because I find them both to be the best in class software/hardware. And, in my world, if I can combine the two, I’m happy as a clam... it means my workflow on the decks will be solid. Anything to make that integration even tighter, I’d argue, would further cement a good reputation and willingness to listen to what the discerning DJ requires. Hell, it would be great marketing/PR too.

There are just too many positives to list as to why it would make sense supporting the 96.
dj_soo 8:17 PM - 9 November, 2018
A&h and serato’s issues go back to the days of the xone:dx

If you recall, that was the only Itch controller that wasn’t ported over to Serato DJ for some reason.

People thought they may have mended fences with support for the db2 and db4, but I guess things went sour again.

My guess is it’s likely over money. A&H probably want support, but do they want to pay for it? Serato also has metrics on what gear is used the most to draw people to pay for the DJ license or club kit and maybe decided the work wasn’t worth their projected returns?

I believe that was the reason that the Rane MP2014 never got support - because they saw the conversion rate of the mp2015 and didn’t think it was worth it.
roy rohypnol 8:19 PM - 9 November, 2018
Then why does Traktor Pro 3, support any sound card?
roy rohypnol 8:20 PM - 9 November, 2018
Or am I missing something??
Rebelguy 8:56 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:

Because Native Instruments allows it to.
roy rohypnol 9:14 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Because Native Instruments allows it to.

Yeah, I understand that but why doesn't Serato follow suit?? Surely, it would be in Serato's best interest to do the same..
Bornd Fono 11:26 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:

Because NI is way ahead in the game when it comes to this. I think it's an amazing move to open Traktor to any soundcard/device.
Serato has made some points in functionality with things like FLIP and alined waveforms... plus they always had a reputation for being rock solid when it comes to stabilty.
On the negative side they are way behind compared to traktor when it comes to the quality of the effects, midi mappings (no modifiers, macros etc. - even after years of ppl asking for this - wtf?) and with Traktor Scratch being available with any device now there is another huge advantage of NI in the area of interests of advanced users who like to really concern themselfs with their setup. Serato really should consider stepping their game up for the pro-users and not only try to make beginners and hobby djs happy with giving them an easy approch on the matter with plug & play controllers and a ready to go software.
dj_soo 11:47 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:

Probably because NI is willing to do the work to make their gear open without compensation - or possibly in pioneer’s case - even pay a licensing fee to make it work.

NI is supported by their production software and hardware sales and aren’t 95% dependent on their DJ software for revenue like Serato is. NI also just got a $40 million dollar investment from venture capitalists which is probably why we’re seeing them pay attention to Traktor again.

Traktor is also a distant third these days to serato and rekordbox thanks to their over 3 years of doing absolutely nothing with the software. They are likely trying to make a go at being relevant again and willing to make their software available to the broadest range of gear whereas Serato tends to pick and choose - likely due to resource limitations.

Of course NI is also charging $50 to upgrade to Traktor 3 - which is pretty much just a UI facelist, one or two new features and some under-the-hood type stuff.
HellNegative1 5:28 PM - 10 November, 2018
If Serato opened up a "paid-for" option which unlocked their software to all hardware, a ton of people would jump all over it. Serato is super solid and crashes less compared to the competition. While I am not a Serato Fanboy by any means (I still prefer traktor as a software platform due to its feature set and am now using it with my Serato branded Mixars Duo), I will admit that Serato is the easiest to learn and plug and play with Serato friendly hardwre.
nymlb4 12:04 AM - 11 November, 2018
I have an rane MP25 and the nobes are getting loose. RANE says the parts are no longer available. Does anyone no a good quality mixer RANE quality or better that has the following, a controllable zone or booth out that supports microphone signal, 2 microphone inputs, high/low filters with kills, four channel faders and serato compatable. I was looking at the Allen and heath zone 96 but it doesn’t seem to be compatable.
dj_soo 12:38 AM - 11 November, 2018
I feel like open mapping is inevitable at this point. Their biggest partner in Pioneer is also their biggest competitor and seems completely content directly undercutting Serato by bundling Rekordbox at a loss in order to take over market share.

I think the big thing with Serato is they are so dependent on their DJ software sales, that they have no choice but to take a pragmatic approach to hardware support unfortunately.

Since every piece of hardware essentially has to have compatibility programed and mapped in from scratch it probably takes a certain amount of man hours and money to do for every piece of hardware they choose to take on.

Because they have no big money backing them like NI nor do they have any other really sustainable revenue streams coming in outside of maybe Pitch n Time licensing from Protools, they probably have to make decisions on what to support and what not to rather than supporting every new piece of hardware that appears on the market.

Especially for high end gear like the 96 - where sales are limited just due to the price of the product - and given they already have metrics in place telling them how many DB2 or DB4 owners actually bought the SDJ licence, they may deem it low priority to get compatibility on the 96 - even if it was done as a plug and play option without the license.

What Serato is looking for is conversion into their paid ecosystem. And a high pricetag item like the 96 probably only sells a handful of units every year. In Serato's case the $130 - $300 they get from the 96 is the same amount they'd get from someone who buys a mixtrack pro or DDJ SB - only there's probably several hundred of those sold for every 96 that's going to be sold.

On top of that, DJs that tend to support Allen & Heath gear have never been the biggest Serato users so the percentage of people that would pay for serato who choose to buy the 96 that would also buy the club kit license (not even counting the ones that already have it) is going to be much smaller than other companies. DJs who like Allen & Heath have traditionally always been more on CDJs, vinyl, or Traktor anyway.
Mmullymull 1:47 AM - 11 November, 2018
I got a 96 and already had a ton of problems with the soundcard. Super disappointed and it's been a huge hassle. I exchanged the first one only to have the replacement have the exact same issue. Audio on ch 2 and 6 was flat and did not match the audio on the other 4 channels (which did sound great tho I'll admit). Today the soundcard on the 2nd unit completely died so its totally unusable for any software based systems. I'll be returning it for a refund I guess. Such a shame because the layout and features are great. Really would like to know how many units went out with shoddy sound cards. If anyone has a 96 please let me know if you have issues.
HellNegative1 6:50 PM - 13 November, 2018
Quote:
I feel like open mapping is inevitable at this point. Their biggest partner in Pioneer is also their biggest competitor and seems completely content directly undercutting Serato by bundling Rekordbox at a loss in order to take over market share.

I think the big thing with Serato is they are so dependent on their DJ software sales, that they have no choice but to take a pragmatic approach to hardware support unfortunately.

Since every piece of hardware essentially has to have compatibility programed and mapped in from scratch it probably takes a certain amount of man hours and money to do for every piece of hardware they choose to take on.

Because they have no big money backing them like NI nor do they have any other really sustainable revenue streams coming in outside of maybe Pitch n Time licensing from Protools, they probably have to make decisions on what to support and what not to rather than supporting every new piece of hardware that appears on the market.

Especially for high end gear like the 96 - where sales are limited just due to the price of the product - and given they already have metrics in place telling them how many DB2 or DB4 owners actually bought the SDJ licence, they may deem it low priority to get compatibility on the 96 - even if it was done as a plug and play option without the license.

What Serato is looking for is conversion into their paid ecosystem. And a high pricetag item like the 96 probably only sells a handful of units every year. In Serato's case the $130 - $300 they get from the 96 is the same amount they'd get from someone who buys a mixtrack pro or DDJ SB - only there's probably several hundred of those sold for every 96 that's going to be sold.

On top of that, DJs that tend to support Allen & Heath gear have never been the biggest Serato users so the percentage of people that would pay for serato who choose to buy the 96 that would also buy the club kit license (not even counting the ones that already have it) is going to be much smaller than other companies. DJs who like Allen & Heath have traditionally always been more on CDJs, vinyl, or Traktor anyway.

If they opened the software to be used with all interfaces (and just strictly sell the software), it would open them up to all users. The only midi mapping function not currently available in Serato is the Jog Wheel. A
blackavenger 12:32 AM - 15 November, 2018
Quote:
The PX5, has been around for like 2 years and Serato hasn’t bat an eyelash.

I own a PX5 and totally love it. I got it for its beautiful sound, soundcard, send\return, MIDI, etc etc. To be sure, I did hope Serato would soon support it and since I had gotten the club kit and DVS for using it with an old DB4, I took the risk.

But since I didn’t want to fork out hard-earned dough on a superfluous SSL or even Denon interface for a mixer with a four phono soundcard built in, I simply moved on to Traktor and Rekordbox for big gigs and now use Serato now only for minor affairs with an old DDJ-SX and a DJ2GO2 when its some informal thing.

I also have a PX5 and was super pissed when Serato said that they had no intention on supporting it. Their loss, because that was just another thing that pushed me away from Serato being the focus of my process/workflow. Now w' this news regarding the X96, man, I am more than likely going to throw in the towel when it comes to Serato. Though, these days, I primarily mix on CDJ-NXS (flashdrives), I still liked using Serato at home. But I would rather not run my players/decks through my inferior (48kHz/24-bit) SL3, when the specs on the X96 are better. I already bought Traktor again to mess around with on the PX5, so I may as well just move on over permanently. Such a shame. I bought ScratchLIVE in 2005 and have been a loyal customer ever since. SL1, SL3, 57SL, crates of Control Vinyl, NS6, DDJ-SX2....you could say I've spent some money w' the company. But, I REALLY HATE the company since Sam left. Their focus shifted from being a company that supported Professional DJs and moved on to Beginner/Controller DJs. Fuckin' weak!!

Oh well.
Bornd Fono 4:36 AM - 15 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
The PX5, has been around for like 2 years and Serato hasn’t bat an eyelash.

I also have a PX5 and was super pissed when Serato said that they had no intention on supporting it. Their loss, because that was just another thing that pushed me away from Serato being the focus of my process/workflow. Now w' this news regarding the X96, man, I am more than likely going to throw in the towel when it comes to Serato. Though, these days, I primarily mix on CDJ-NXS (flashdrives), I still liked using Serato at home. But I would rather not run my players/decks through my inferior (48kHz/24-bit) SL3, when the specs on the X96 are better. I already bought Traktor again to mess around with on the PX5, so I may as well just move on over permanently. Such a shame. I bought ScratchLIVE in 2005 and have been a loyal customer ever since. SL1, SL3, 57SL, crates of Control Vinyl, NS6, DDJ-SX2....you could say I've spent some money w' the company. But, I REALLY HATE the company since Sam left. Their focus shifted from being a company that supported Professional DJs and moved on to Beginner/Controller DJs. Fuckin' weak!!

Oh well.

I totally feel you. The Xone 96 not being supported by Serato is also pushing me away from their software... really thinkig about changing to Traktor since it seems to be the better software for professional DJs who want setups apart from all-in-one controllers and mixers which are made for scratch DJs.
Caley Martin 10:09 PM - 15 November, 2018
Serato and NI both need to wake the fuck up. Plenty of things to gripe about with Traktor as well. Seems like DVS users have been getting shafted ever since the rise of controllerism.

Shame really, I wonder how much money we've all spent with control vinyl, SL1/2/3/4 hardware, club kit purchases over the years... not that it should entitle us to the xone:96 being supported or anything, but, it's a testament to the brand loyalty that Serato had elicited.

The world's number 1 professional mixer (going out on a limb saying this) is going to be absurdly ignored with what could have been/be the ultimate pair up of hardware and software.

Serato, I hope you're seeing this thread and at least passing along the feedback upstream. :)
blackavenger 10:37 PM - 15 November, 2018
Quote:
The world's number 1 professional mixer (going out on a limb saying this) is going to be absurdly ignored with what could have been/be the ultimate pair up of hardware and software.

That, right there, says it all!
Mr. Goodkat 12:10 AM - 16 November, 2018
Quote:
The world's number 1 professional mixer (going out on a limb saying this)

huge person, tiny limb.

i don't see why people cant understand its business. if they thought they were gonna make money, they would do it. clearly its not profitable.
Caley Martin 1:20 AM - 16 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

huge person, tiny limb.

i don't see why people cant understand its business. if they thought they were gonna make money, they would do it. clearly its not profitable.

Then why did they support the MP2015? From the get go, that was an even more niche product in the market.
DJ JulioYEG 1:31 AM - 16 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

huge person, tiny limb.

Then why did they support the MP2015? From the get go, that was an even more niche product in the market.

because its the only rotary serato mixer in the eco system
dj_soo 3:09 AM - 16 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

huge person, tiny limb.

The lack of conversions on the 2015 is the reason they didn’t support the MP2014
roy rohypnol 8:39 AM - 16 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

huge person, tiny limb.

Have to respectfully disagree here, to suggest that the Xone 96 won't be profitable seems like an oversight. I really believe this mixer is going to be everywhere.
roy rohypnol 8:39 AM - 16 November, 2018
IMHO
roy rohypnol 9:53 AM - 16 November, 2018
Rane MP2014 and Xone 96. Both professional mixers, both Traktor supported.

It's good enough for Traktor but not Serato. It's not all about business but directions.

Like it or not Serato sees the future in scratch mixers and controllers.
DJ JulioYEG 2:20 PM - 16 November, 2018
you have to understand the target market. traktor is more popular in the uk with the common style of music there. These mixes are more popular there leading to why they are supported by traktor imo.
dj_soo 7:57 PM - 16 November, 2018
It’s not just the uk - the Allen and heaths are most popular among techno and house djs and for the most part, a lot of those djs don’t use serato - generally they are more cdj users and for the few that do use software, it’s traktor.
Mr. Goodkat 12:25 AM - 17 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

huge person, tiny limb.

Have to respectfully disagree here, to suggest that the Xone 96 won't be profitable seems like an oversight. I really believe this mixer is going to be everywhere.

im not saying the mixer, but the relationship to serato, it won't be profitable for serato to pay people to support the mixer.

why do you think it will be profitable? i'd say a a&h mixer is probably a club install in maybe, at best, 10% of the u.s. market, but prob more like 2-3%. I'm sure in europe its more, but its still a pretty small market.

the 2015 was built pre in music, and serato and rane might have had some agreement between them to do that, we dont know the extent of that relationship before/after the sale.

Quote:
It’s not just the uk - the Allen and heaths are most popular among techno and house djs and for the most part, a lot of those djs don’t use serato - generally they are more cdj users and for the few that do use software, it’s traktor.

and this^^^^^
onthe1 9:46 AM - 17 November, 2018
Serato might be wise to hold off on supporting this new mixer for now. Allen & Heath has a poor track record when it comes to their sound cards and thus compatibility with software.

My db2 is a great mixer but I pretty much gave up on the sound card a while back. When it does work it's only at high latency AND with crackles, pops, drop-outs, etc. Others have reported similar results with the db2 and db4.

After spending $1k on Serato supported hardware only to find it doesn't work with Serato (unless I shell out close to another $1k for an SL4 only to lose my digital connectivity, MIDI functionality, etc.) has forced me to mostly move over to Traktor now, where I can use my other sound cards with the mixer no problem.

And now in this thread one of the only users with actual experience with this new mixer has reported problems with the sound cards on two of them? That's too bad because this looks like a decent mixer. It would be good for hybrid DJ/production work with all of those send/returns.

Hopefully A&H gets these issues sorted out.
blackavenger 2:33 PM - 17 November, 2018
Quote:
And now in this thread one of the only users with actual experience with this new mixer has reported problems with the sound cards on two of them? That's too bad because this looks like a decent mixer. It would be good for hybrid DJ/production work with all of those send/returns.

While I feel for Mmullymull, he is the only kat that I have seen (so far) mentioning having issues. I'm in a FB Group and everyone in there is claiming theirs to be solid AF. He probably got a lemon. It's strange though, Alex said one of the reasons it's taking so long to get the mixers out into the world is because they have a 2.5 hour quality control check for each mixer, and that coupled w' supply chain logistics, means A&H is producing about 250-300 units a month. Also, they did not expect the demand to be as high as it is.

"The demand to be as high as it is".......

[sarcasm]Yeah, there's no indication that offering Club Kit support would be a profitable venture.[/sarcasm]

You know, I hear this argument all the time w' how A&H is a European and/or House & Techno mixer only. Well, how do Serato ever hope to change that unless they stick their neck's out and support something that may not have had strong support for their software in the past? Serato have found their niche.....
Quote:
Like it or not Serato sees the future in scratch mixers and controllers.
HellNegative1 7:22 PM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:
Serato might be wise to hold off on supporting this new mixer for now. Allen & Heath has a poor track record when it comes to their sound cards and thus compatibility with software.

My db2 is a great mixer but I pretty much gave up on the sound card a while back. When it does work it's only at high latency AND with crackles, pops, drop-outs, etc. Others have reported similar results with the db2 and db4.

After spending $1k on Serato supported hardware only to find it doesn't work with Serato (unless I shell out close to another $1k for an SL4 only to lose my digital connectivity, MIDI functionality, etc.) has forced me to mostly move over to Traktor now, where I can use my other sound cards with the mixer no problem.

I have never had an issue with the DB2 or DB4 that I owned previously. At one point, I was running the DB2 with an HP Stream (due to my normal notebook being destroyed... thank god for insurance and needing something cheap and quick to cover a gig). 2 Decks DVS, 2 decks internal mixing using serato that night.

I have also never had any issues when playing on a PX5 either. Maybe user error?
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 9:34 PM - 19 November, 2018
The Xone does not need Serato Support. If you really want it purchase a serato box.
Clubber1970 12:50 AM - 20 November, 2018
Quote:
The Xone does not need Serato Support. If you really want it purchase a serato box.

Except that you have no idea what you are telling here, you are right. The A&H‘s don‘t need Serato support. They work with Traktor and RB and all other soundcard independent software. So who cares about Serato in this case?
Mr. Goodkat 1:33 AM - 20 November, 2018
there were a lot of db2 duds, i got one. really wanted to use that mixer
Clubber1970 6:10 AM - 20 November, 2018
Yes, i have one too. I like to use it with Serato, but mostly it is connected to RB because of my other devices (e.g. XDJ‘s). I give up hoping that these are supported by Serato.
I have come to terms with the fact that Serato is a closed ecosystem
Mr. Goodkat 7:45 AM - 20 November, 2018
how do you like the sound, the fx, and the eq when you change it to filter instead of eq?

i still might pic one up some day if i can get it for 600ish
Clubber1970 10:02 AM - 20 November, 2018
I like my DB2 a lot. It has a very warm sound and the mixing with the eq's are very smooth.
The FX sound quality is also very very good. The internal BPM detection is quite good.
But because there are so many FX with so much paremeters to tweak I need lot of time to use it in my sets. It takes a time for me to learn the workflow with that baby.
Honestly I don't use the filter mode in the EQ knobs not often, because this has to be switched in the mixer menu. And this is so awkward.
The DB4 is at this point better because there is a dedicated switches for that toggle function.
The other not so good point is that the one and only normal filter can not be changed in the resonance. It has a fixed resonance setting.
Another thing is: This mixer is not for scratching because the crossfader has bad cutting points, though DVS works with Serato well.
But for mixing EDM/House it is a superb mixer. Way better than the Pioneer mixers !
Bornd Fono 12:54 PM - 20 November, 2018
Quote:

Troll detected.
blackavenger 6:53 AM - 14 December, 2018
I finally got my X96!!
roy rohypnol 12:17 PM - 14 December, 2018
What's it like!!!??!?!?
Caley Martin 10:01 PM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:
I finally got my X96!!

Congrats man! How long did you have to wait, from order date to delivery date?
DJSCIASCIA 2:12 AM - 15 December, 2018
I see the price of the mixer went up $200 from $1999 to $2199.
blackavenger 6:04 AM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:
Congrats man! How long did you have to wait, from order date to delivery date?

September 10th til' December 13th....so just over 3 months. That's not that bad. There were kats that ordered in June when it was announced and only got theirs last month. Or kats that ordered in July that only just received theirs this past week along w' me. It's in HIGH demand! I think A&H have a winner with this one!!

Quote:
What's it like!!!??!?!?

I need some more time to give my full opinion. But, in the little time within the past couple days I've had to play on it, I know it was a proper investment over my PX5.

*There is one observation that is disappointing to me. Others probably wouldn't care, but I do......

I am a little disappointed to see that not every post is metal. The headphones 1&2, booth, master 1&2, and send posts 1&2 for all six channels are all plastic. The rest of the posts are metal, but this is a 2K+ mixer!!! They shouldn't have skimped. Every post should have been metal, IMO. But that's just aesthetic. I mean, the only posts I could see that as being a potential problem for are probably the sends. Time will tell. I know prior Rane mixers' posts were mostly plastic. Maybe it's not as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be. Hell, every post on my PX5 was plastic, and that never posed a problem. Then again, I only owned the PX5 for 1.5 years.
roy rohypnol 10:03 AM - 15 December, 2018
So, will you be using Traktor or an sl box??
Rebelguy 2:11 PM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:
I see the price of the mixer went up $200 from $1999 to $2199.

You can blame the president and his tariff drama with China for the price increase.
Rebelguy 2:27 PM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:

September 10th til' December 13th....so just over 3 months. That's not that bad. There were kats that ordered in June when it was announced and only got theirs last month. Or kats that ordered in July that only just received theirs this past week along w' me. It's in HIGH demand! I think A&H have a winner with this one!!

The retailers I deal with a lot have said the demand has been okay. This may be because of the lack of Serato support or simply because of the high price.

Where did you order from? Most retailers have had them in stock and available to ship for the past few weeks.
Mr. Goodkat 8:37 PM - 15 December, 2018
i can't imagine too many A&h users using serato
blackavenger 11:38 PM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:
So, will you be using Traktor or an sl box??

Quote:
i can't imagine too many A&h users using serato

I don't really use DVS anymore except at home. But, since Serato don't want to support it, I suppose I'll be using Traktor. But mostly I am about CDJs w' Rekordbox USB sticks.

Quote:
Where did you order from? Most retailers have had them in stock and available to ship for the past few weeks.

I ordered from TheDJHoookup. The reason why I continued to wait, despite many of the big retailers having them in stock, was because I saved $300 on the pre-order. So I only paid $1,700 for it.
blackavenger 8:36 AM - 18 December, 2018
Well, there you have it folks. It's absolutely not happening!
So long, Serato, and thanks for all the fish!!

imgur.com
roy rohypnol 8:56 AM - 18 December, 2018
Had the same problem with my Rane MP2014. Absolute shit state of affairs. The MP2014 and the Xone 96 are stunning mixers with no Serato support. Utter Bollocks!!
Mr. Goodkat 9:04 AM - 18 December, 2018
i feel like getting away from serato at this point is a good idea. its there, its a fallback. charge on to traktor or rekordbox. i flipped into cdjs after 12 years on the decks, it wasnt that hard. i feel like with rekordbuddy moving to rekordbox shouldnt be that hard, just a little effort. it makes things interesting to me.
blackavenger 9:26 AM - 18 December, 2018
Yeah, Serato was GREAT for a long, long time! I really LOVED it back in the ScratchLIVE & ITCH days. It was a ton of fun participating in the quest to bring all those cool features into the DJ sphere. No one can deny them of their innovation, early on. But Serato is nothing special now. There is so much competition out there and nearly all of them offer the same featureset. Now it comes down to which software is going to support your hardware of choice.

Even though this forum is not as good as it used to be, it's still one of the best out there to engage w' other DJs. I suppose I can stick around for that at least, LOL.

I guess it's time to sell off some of this CV, haha!
dj_soo 9:38 AM - 18 December, 2018
I feel like if I were to ditch Serato, it would be for the SC5000Ms. Spinning platters are still very important to me and I don't think I will ever stop using them.

That said, the 5000s are still missing a few key features for me (namely pitch shifting) so I don't think I will ever stop using Serato until standalone options implement that feature.

I also don't think I will ever ditch a laptop system for my more mainstream gigs because having that range of choices in music (even more with the implementation of streaming services) is so important to these types of gigs today.

If I were strictly a headline/touring/festival type DJ that played only 2 hour or less sets, standalone would probably be preferred, but having that massive library available is pretty much a requirement for 90% of my sets these days. And even though there is a lot of room for improvement with the Serato library features, it still contains some key features for me that none of the competition has - things like secondary sorting, camelot key integration, and some of the little navigation shortcuts I've come to rely on when freestyling for 4-6 hours straight.
Mr. Goodkat 10:05 AM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
I also don't think I will ever ditch a laptop system for my more mainstream gigs because having that range of choices in music (even more with the implementation of streaming services) is so important to these types of gigs today.

you can hook up you computer to the cdjs or at least the xdj2 and mk2, i posted the vid but not sure if you saw it soo

Watchwww.youtube.com

at 5:40
dj_soo 10:40 AM - 18 December, 2018
Yea, but then I'd have to use Rekordbox and I hate Rekordbox.
blackavenger 4:24 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Yea, but then I'd have to use Rekordbox and I hate Rekordbox.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan either, but got the hang of it eventually.
Hopefully, Pioneer update Rekordbox's GUI to something resembling the SC5000's. It's super intuitive. The problem is, it's not very stable. Perhaps Pioneer would do better considering they have waaaay more resources at their disposal.
Caley Martin 6:58 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:

imgur.com

:(

Such a bummer and such a shame.
Bornd Fono 6:30 PM - 19 December, 2018
Quote:

imgur.com

This is really sad! Serato seems to sleep on this :/

I can only hope that they expand the functionality of the Serato Play expansion soon and make it with it possible to select any soundcard connected as an output (like the routing in Traktor 3). I hear a lot of ppl saying that it is really impudent of Serato to charge 40$ for basic stuff (and the stuff Serato Play delivers really IS! basic). With a free routing I would very much like to pay 40$ or even more for that expansion pack and Serato Play would gain a right to exist. Like things are now... Serato Play really is a joke.
4tea 8:33 AM - 12 January, 2019
I really want this mixer to be supported. It's a flagship from one of the most prominent brands in the industry.
Clubber1970 8:44 AM - 12 January, 2019
Quote:
I really want this mixer to be supported. It's a flagship from one of the most prominent brands in the industry.

+1
onthe1 2:08 AM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

Update on this: Allen & Heath have come through with some new Windows/cross platform drivers for the db2 and db4 which I've been testing out and they seem to be very stable so far.

I just saw these today on their website (they may have been released late last year - I hadn't checked in a while) so I haven't gotten a chance to put them through rigorous use yet but they seem to be working well with both Serato and Ableton so far. (even at the same time, so they are multi-client) MIDI functionality is working too.

The fact that they're cross-platform (between Mac and Windows) means that if you happen to see one of these mixers in a club or what have you, you can plug and play with whatever computer you have and it should work. You might think this would be the case but for a while it wasn't. If I understand it correctly, Mac changed something in their OS, Allen and Heath released some new Mac drivers to fix it, and now A&H has also brought the Windows drivers up to be cross-compatible as well.

Good stuff.
onthe1 2:18 AM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
I am a little disappointed to see that not every post is metal.

I heard that this is to prevent noise. I don't know for sure if this is true, but I suspect it is because my Traktor S8, for example, has plastic pots in the mixer section but metal pots in the MIDI controller sections.
onthe1 2:26 AM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
The fact that they're cross-platform (between Mac and Windows) means that if you happen to see one of these mixers in a club or what have you, you can plug and play with whatever computer you have and it should work.

edit- Plug and Play may be the wrong expression. You still have to install the drivers.
Bornd Fono 4:17 AM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

We all do bro. :/
HellNegative1 8:02 PM - 17 January, 2019
Just open the software up to all interfaces. Paid hardware licensing is slowly going out the window anyway.
HellNegative1 8:02 PM - 17 January, 2019
In all industries, not just the DJ industry.
Bornd Fono 7:30 PM - 12 February, 2019
Quote:
Just open the software up to all interfaces.

It would be freaking awesome if that happens!
DJ Val-BKNY11203 8:08 PM - 12 February, 2019
Ya'll still beating the dead horse? They said it's not going to happen. Take your flagship mixer & move on. I thought some of you were going to Traktor since last year anyway. LOL
electro elvis 9:37 PM - 12 February, 2019
For any one that's interested, I use an A&H DB4 with SDJ, and it works like an absolute charm.
I guess I'm one of a small minority, a techno/house DJ that uses Serato (rather than CDJs or Traktor) and for many many years was a Xone 92 user alongside my trusty SL3.

When the Xone 96 was announced, I got in touch with a friend of a friend who works at A&H, and they very kindly loaned me a DB4 to try, as it works with SDJ, and I've been totally blown away.

The mixer took a bit of getting used to, and as I don't scratch I don't really care about the xfader cut point, but it sounds fantastic and the onboard effects and filters are like nothing else.

As well as using SDJ, I still spin a lot of real vinyl and having decent mixer with tempo sync'ed effects (including post fader echo) when playing vinyl has made a world of difference to me, and I'd go as far as saying has opened up a whole new style of mixing to me.

I'd love for the Xone 96 to get Serato support, simply because A&H and Serato are my two favourite DJ brands, and I recon it'd be a killer combo, but I'm a realist and if it doesn't make financial sense to both companies I guess it won't happen.
For anyone like me who was/is dreaming of a Xone96/SDJ setup, I would say to try out the DB4, not just in a store, but get one at home and stick at it for a few days, as it has a steep learning curve, but is well worth the effort. It's simply the most creative mixer I've ever used.
Bornd Fono 10:01 PM - 12 February, 2019
Quote:
if it doesn't make financial sense to both companies I guess it won't happen

Maybe one of the guys from Serato could tell how much cash would be needed for this deal and we crowdsource it? :D
electro elvis 11:07 PM - 12 February, 2019
I’m guessing thats confidential commercial information, and any figure is likely to be negotiated on a deal by deal basis, so I doubt anyone from Serato is going to answer that!
HellNegative1 6:31 PM - 13 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
if it doesn't make financial sense to both companies I guess it won't happen

Maybe one of the guys from Serato could tell how much cash would be needed for this deal and we crowdsource it? :D

I have brought this up before and nothing came from it.
Bornd Fono 6:52 PM - 13 February, 2019
Oh, sry. I didn't see that
blackavenger 6:47 AM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:
Take your flagship mixer & move on.

Oh, I did, and I couldn't really care less.
It was actually liberating to drop Serato after 14 years.

I do still like the forum though.
4tea 10:10 AM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:
I guess I'm one of a small minority, a techno/house DJ that uses Serato (rather than CDJs or Traktor) and for many many years was a Xone 92 user alongside my trusty SL3.

I'd love for the Xone 96 to get Serato support, simply because A&H and Serato are my two favourite DJ brands, and I recon it'd be a killer combo, but I'm a realist and if it doesn't make financial sense to both companies I guess it won't happen.

I can totally back this.

Except the crossfader part, I sometimes scratch (badly ^^) over some techno.
I'm curious does the DB4 sounds different than the 96/92 ?
Bornd Fono 11:29 AM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:

Quote:

Can you give a tipp what to checkout first? Traktor or Recordbox?
blackavenger 12:28 PM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Can you give a tipp what to checkout first? Traktor or Recordbox?

I like 'em both. Rekordbox is the most like Serato, but Traktor is more stable in my opinion. Try 'em both out. See which one you prefer. I have been leaning toward Rekordbox, myself. I already have NXS2 decks and primarily use Rekordbox Library software (USB Sticks), so I am already familiar/comfortable with the workflow.
Bornd Fono 1:37 PM - 14 February, 2019
Thanks!
electro elvis 8:17 AM - 19 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I can totally back this.

I love the sound of the DB4, it definitely has the ‘A&H’ family sound, but also is it’s own thing. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect, but for me personally, it’s quirks are more than made up for by the end results I am getting from it
Rebelguy 7:01 PM - 19 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can totally back this.

I love the sound of the DB4, it definitely has the ‘A&H’ family sound, but also is it’s own thing. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect, but for me personally, it’s quirks are more than made up for by the end results I am getting from it

Is the DB4 currently working with Serato DJ Pro and Mojave? Is A&H still updating the drivers? I am still considering one but don’t want to be stranded on an older oS that doesn’t work with future MBPs.
CanaroMix 12:14 AM - 20 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can totally back this.

Is the DB4 currently working with Serato DJ Pro and Mojave? Is A&H still updating the drivers? I am still considering one but don’t want to be stranded on an older oS that doesn’t work with future MBPs.

Xone:DB4 Mac Device Software V3311_4 (Jan 2019)
macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS High Sierra (10.13), macOS Sierra (10.12)
Vinny Crates 10:52 AM - 9 April, 2019
Anny news on this??
Bornd Fono 6:07 AM - 10 April, 2019
Sadly: no.
Vinny Crates 9:11 PM - 23 April, 2019
Hmm so i stuck up with an Sl box or similar? The Box will pick up the signal instead of the xone96 soundcard... ? If so.. which sound signal is better??
Bornd Fono 11:35 AM - 24 April, 2019
I guess the internal soundcard is better than any SL box... but since we can not route the serato audio through it... we can not compare it directly.

I am doing the transition to traktor at the moment (takes some work but seems the right step) since serato is sleeping on the 96 (and a lot of other things too... they prefer to put their work into a DAW nobody asked for instead of fixing problems with their main product it seems...).
roy rohypnol 2:11 PM - 25 April, 2019
Can't believe they're not supporting this brilliant mixer. What a joke..
roy rohypnol 5:11 PM - 1 May, 2019
Managed to pick up a 96 today. Blown away!! Was sceptical about lack of serato support and being made in China as opposed to Rane made in USA, BUT it's phenomenal!! Screw serato support its that good, really nice chunky analogue sound and built really, really well, very happy!! If you're on the fence, get off it and grab one!!
dj_soo 12:59 AM - 2 May, 2019
A&H has been made in China for years now - ever since the 2nd batch of 92s hit the market like 10 years ago.

A&H was also never manufactured in the USA - it's a british company and when it was in-house, it was always british made.
HellNegative1 3:07 AM - 2 May, 2019
Quote:
A&H has been made in China for years now - ever since the 2nd batch of 92s hit the market like 10 years ago.

A&H was also never manufactured in the USA - it's a british company and when it was in-house, it was always british made.

I think he/she was comparing to Rane maybe?
dj_soo 3:30 AM - 2 May, 2019
Made in Taiwan Rane has been pretty good for me - almost a year on the 72 and the only problem I have had was solved by replacing the usb cable.

I find it funny how some people shit all over chinese manufacturing yet turn around and insist that everyone should be using Macbook Pros - which are also made in China.

This isn't the 80s and 90s anymore, there's quality manufacturing in China that can be found - just like there's shitty manufacturing in the states.
roy rohypnol 6:53 AM - 2 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I think he/she was comparing to Rane maybe?

Yeah, that was what I meant.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:49 PM - 2 May, 2019
Quote:
Made in Taiwan Rane has been pretty good for me - almost a year on the 72 and the only problem I have had was solved by replacing the usb cable.

I find it funny how some people shit all over chinese manufacturing yet turn around and insist that everyone should be using Macbook Pros - which are also made in China.

This isn't the 80s and 90s anymore, there's quality manufacturing in China that can be found - just like there's shitty manufacturing in the states.

Uninformed Sheeple. They would be surprised the amount of items they use that is made in China.
Caley Martin 3:26 PM - 5 May, 2019
Maybe we can garner some “Customer Driven” feedback regarding the lack of 96 club kit support and change their minds. 🤣
Bornd Fono 7:17 PM - 7 May, 2019
This forum, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube... I have seen people asking for 96 support across all important platforms the internet. Serato staff MUST have recognized this if they are not blind... so I think we have done all we can for this. Eighter they will make this happen or not (due to their reason). I moved to Traktor cause of this and I am totally happy with this decision... so I almost do not care anymore (but would wish it for the rest of you guys to happen)
DJ Val-BKNY11203 7:31 PM - 7 May, 2019
Quote:
This forum, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube... I have seen people asking for 96 support across all important platforms the internet. Serato staff MUST have recognized this if they are not blind... so I think we have done all we can for this. Eighter they will make this happen or not (due to their reason). I moved to Traktor cause of this and I am totally happy with this decision... so I almost do not care anymore (but would wish it for the rest of you guys to happen)

If you have moved on to Traktor. Leave it alone already. Go to their board and complain about Serato there.
HellNegative1 5:52 PM - 8 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

If you have moved on to Traktor. Leave it alone already. Go to their board and complain about Serato there.

Maybe he only uses Traktor, since he wants to use this hardware so badly. Maybe he really doesn't like Traktor and would love to switch back to Serato, but loves the 96 more? Otherwise, why would he be posting here still.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 7:55 PM - 8 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I moved to Traktor cause of this and I am totally happy with this decision... so I almost do not care anymore (but would wish it for the rest of you guys to happen)

Maybe he only uses Traktor, since he wants to use this hardware so badly. Maybe he really doesn't like Traktor and would love to switch back to Serato, but loves the 96 more? Otherwise, why would he be posting here still.

Well seeing that he says he is TOTALLY happy with the decision....
HellNegative1 5:32 PM - 9 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I moved to Traktor cause of this and I am totally happy with this decision... so I almost do not care anymore (but would wish it for the rest of you guys to happen)

Well seeing that he says he is TOTALLY happy with the decision....

Tell me you've never broken up with a girl, told everyone you were doing okay, but inside you were completely torn.
Bornd Fono 5:40 PM - 9 May, 2019
Quote:

Well... I have been a heavy Serato user for almost 10 years now and I even though I moved on to another software platform I am still (and probably will be for some time in the future - you don't lose interest over night after such a long time of intense use) interested in the changes & evolution of serato - so I come and check this forum every few weeks.

What's wrong with that @DJ Val? Why are you so full of agression towards other people (I noticed in various posts from you across this forum)?

Is it so hard for you to let other people do their things if what they are doing is not 100% conform to your mindset?
HellNegative1 2:26 AM - 10 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Well... I have been a heavy Serato user for almost 10 years now and I even though I moved on to another software platform I am still (and probably will be for some time in the future - you don't lose interest over night after such a long time of intense use) interested in the changes & evolution of serato - so I come and check this forum every few weeks.

What's wrong with that @DJ Val? Why are you so full of agression towards other people (I noticed in various posts from you across this forum)?

Is it so hard for you to let other people do their things if what they are doing is not 100% conform to your mindset?

I'm blaming it on pent up sexual frustration.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:45 AM - 10 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

If what I said to you was aggression you clearly have bigger problems.
DJ JulioYEG 7:12 AM - 10 May, 2019
Quote:
Tell me you've never broken up with a girl, told everyone you were doing okay, but inside you were completely torn.

just fuck her friend and burn the bridge no need to tell anyone anything. actions speak louder than words.
ninjagaijin 3:02 PM - 10 May, 2019
Weird question .. any parts of the Xone 96 that could/might be worth trying to mod into a Xone 92?
ninjagaijin 3:04 PM - 10 May, 2019
Or, any recommended mods for the Xone 92?

Going to get my PSU recapped and modded with heatsinks and possibly a fan, was thinking while in there might try to remove the LFO or LED light tap tempo in order to try to remove the pop noises from the LED lights (very faint noise). Maybe some sort of filter / LFO section toggle switch? Would be awesome to entirely remove it from the circuit in order to just record through the mixer without added noise.

I could just get a phono pre tho lol. So mostly looking at performance improvements.

Was thinking of getting a PNP2 and innojuster mebbe..
Bornd Fono 6:56 PM - 10 May, 2019
Quote:
Or, any recommended mods for the Xone 92?

If you are an open format and use the crossfader for scratching & stuff, then the upgrade to an Innofader is definitely worth it. I put an Innofader Pro 2 in my 92 and absolutely love it (but other Innofaders will do fine too, you don't have to go straight for the flagship one. There is a compatibility list which faders fit on the Innofader website.)

Innojuster: Hm... you know what it does. Decide if it is of any use for you and would improve your workflow. That's totally up to you and the way you work with the 92...

On Facebook in one of the Xone groups, a user asked if it was possible to put the phono-preamps of the 96 into the 92 and Alexander Zinn (Product Specialist of A&H for the Xone series) said that this was not possible - so I fear this is not an option for a mod.