Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Allen & Heath Xone:96

HellNegative1 12:46 AM - 10 May, 2018
Will the Xone:96 be SeratoDJ Compatible?
Rebelguy 1:03 AM - 10 May, 2018
Quote:
Will the Xone:96 be SeratoDJ Compatible?

You are asking about compatibility on a mixer that hasn't been officially announced yet?
HellNegative1 1:07 AM - 10 May, 2018
Yes,

Yes I am. We pretty much got confirmation for it's compatibility with Traktor. :-p
Aptidda 5:56 PM - 10 May, 2018
Rane 72 > A&H anything.
HellNegative1 5:58 PM - 10 May, 2018
For scratching, yes. For 4 channel mixng, no. Unless Rane is gonna give us a new 4 channel mixer......
Aptidda 6:07 PM - 10 May, 2018
That would be cool, like a Rane 74!
HellNegative1 6:26 PM - 10 May, 2018
Quote:
That would be cool, like a Rane 74!

I would give up my first born for one
HellNegative1 3:36 PM - 25 May, 2018
Well, we now have a reveal date. June 6th. I've never been so excited for a Wednesday in my life!
Aptidda 3:42 PM - 25 May, 2018
breh that's gonna be a sweet mixer. It's made in Great Britian for Christ sake! It's gonna be the Rolls Royce of 4 channel mixers!
Clubber1970 4:01 PM - 25 May, 2018
As a big Allen and Heath fan I‘m very excited about the 96. Hopefully it will be supported by Serato.
blackavenger 4:07 AM - 26 May, 2018
Quote:
Well, we now have a reveal date. June 6th. I've never been so excited for a Wednesday in my life!

Haha, likewise! Thanks to the HEX Editors we know that it has dual soundcards. That would indicate to me that it would have Serato support. If this is the successor to the X92, and it does have dual soundcards, it would be foolish for either Serato or Traktor not to support it. Provided it has a couple other requirements (X-Link & Insert FX Jacks) I will be replacing my Xone:PX5 with it for sure!
blackavenger 4:13 AM - 26 May, 2018
Quote:
breh that's gonna be a sweet mixer. It's made in Great Britian for Christ sake! It's gonna be the Rolls Royce of 4 channel mixers!

Actually, it's only designed in the UK and built in China now. The Model-1 is actually built in the UK, as well as older Xone:92s, 62s, 23s, etc..

But, if Apple can produce a solid machine in China's factories, it's entirely possible that other brands can as well. If that damned tsunami hadn't hit Japan, China wouldn't have the superiority it has today in manufacturing.
Mr. Goodkat 6:51 PM - 27 May, 2018
Quote:
it would be foolish for either Serato or Traktor not to support it

doesnt it already have traktor certification
DJSCIASCIA 9:56 PM - 27 May, 2018
Check it

instagram.com
HellNegative1 9:39 AM - 28 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
it would be foolish for either Serato or Traktor not to support it

doesnt it already have traktor certification

Yes it does. We don't have any tease or confirmation from Serato, as of yet though. I am hoping we find out soon. If not, June 9th is just a little over a month away.
Clubber1970 7:47 PM - 28 May, 2018
No. Only a two weeks until release
Mr. Goodkat 9:15 PM - 28 May, 2018
its just like a 92, which has had problems with their chips for filters after the japanese tsunami (not potatoes uk english speakers).

don't see what the big deal would be
blackavenger 6:25 AM - 30 May, 2018
Unique features I've been able to discern from the pix so far:

Dual Soundcards
Dual Monitoring

That's it! I REALLY hope it's more than just that. Otherwise, it should be an MK2 version of the X92, instead of a whole new product.

*it looks like the Bandpass Filter might have gotten the boot, as well as the two LFOs.
Ughh, we'll see come June, I suppose.

Two steps forward, several steps back....

I might be keeping my PX5 afterall :-/
DJSCIASCIA 10:41 AM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
Unique features I've been able to discern from the pix so far:

Dual Soundcards
Dual Monitoring

That's it! I REALLY hope it's more than just that. Otherwise, it should be an MK2 version of the X92, instead of a whole new product.

*it looks like the Bandpass Filter might have gotten the boot, as well as the two LFOs.
Ughh, we'll see come June, I suppose.

Two steps forward, several steps back....

I might be keeping my PX5 afterall :-/

How do you like he PX5? I really like the look and layout of it and want to upgrade from my 900srt. Sound quality is a priority for me so I’m torned between the PX5 and the 900nxs2.
blackavenger 3:12 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
How do you like he PX5?

Sound quality is incredible! I think it sounds better than the Xone:92 or the 900nxs2. Especially w' real vinyl!!! It has a really warm and rich sound to it. Bass sounds deep and tight. Mids balanced, Highs crisp without being harsh. It's got connections galore. I have (2) NXS2s, (2) MK5s, a Bozure Isolator, a TEIL1 Tape Delay, a Kaossilator, and I control Ableton w' a Xone:K2 via X-Link. Having the built-in 20 channel (5 in/5 out) 24/96 soundcard is a plus, for sure! Occasionally, I even hook up the Minilogue via MIDI. So, in the connections department it's solid. One of my favorite features is being able to use the crossfader for wet/dry control over the built-in FX. Plus the FX themselves are top notch, studio quality in my opinion. I also LOVE being able to engage the external & internal FX at the same time. That's sooo dope! Lastly, having the FX Sends, Pre or Post fader, is a HUGE plus.

There are some things I don't like about it, however. The Channel & Crossfader slopes are weak....the curves don't react the way they are supposed to. It's so bad w' the crossfader that I stopped using it for anything but the aforementioned wet/dry control. Plus the curves are selected via a 3 position toggle switch. I HATE that! The pot posts are made of plastic. I mean, I haven't had an issue w' them thus far, but I've only owned the mixer since last July. It may be an issue in the future. I just don't feel a $1K+ mixer should skimp on such a frequently used component.

Overall, I LOVE the mixer. It has some shortcomings, but the positives certainly outweigh the negatives for me. The PHONO Preamps are really good. Better than the X92's, in my opinion. That's important to me as I still like to purchase and play real vinyl. Also, the connections.....the only other mixer in a 12" form factor that's comparable to it is another Allen & Heath mixer. The 900nxs2 isn't gonna' allow for all those hookups.

Be aware though, Serato does not support it. You'll have to have an SL box. To be honest, I only occasionally hook up Serato these days. If Serato would support it, like Traktor currently does, that would be a different story......hello, Serato, are you listening?
Aptidda 4:15 PM - 30 May, 2018
I don't understand the hate on "Plastic Pots". What current mixer in production does not have "Plastic Pots"? I have not yet had an issue with them...........
blackavenger 4:29 PM - 30 May, 2018
You mean, the pots or the posts? If the former, nearly every mixer in existence has them. If the latter, several brands still use them: Pioneer, Denon, Behringer, Numark, Hell, even other A&H mixers have metal posts. By the way, I said...

Quote:
"I mean, I haven't had an issue w' them thus far, but I've only owned the mixer since last July. It may be an issue in the future.
Aptidda 5:17 PM - 30 May, 2018
Not posts dumbass, POTS. You know, those things you rotate in a circular motion that control things like: "Gain, Bass, Mids, Treble". Who has ever seen plastic POSTS on cross faders? Amateurs.....
HellNegative1 5:41 PM - 30 May, 2018
Well this escalated quickly.

A note on the PX5: I was not a fan. It feels like A&H's attempt at a club standard mixer and you can tell they went way out of their comfort xone (pun intended).

The DB4 runs circles around it.
blackavenger 9:49 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:

I refuse to feed the troll.

Quote:
The DB4 runs circles around it.

Well, seeing as how the DB4 was nearly $3K when it was first released, don't you think that's to be expected? Also, I've heard the PHONO preamps on the DB4 w' real vinyl. I'm not impressed at all. But yes, the DB4 does run circles around the PX5.
Mr. Goodkat 10:24 PM - 30 May, 2018
the db4 seems like a great personal mixer, but for club installs or people not familiar with the mixer(personally only seen one from my sound guy that keeps it in inventory for a a couple big names).

the DB2 seemed like the perfect option for me until it didnt work and i had trouble with the software(although i think the mixer was messed up from the start, i couldnt get analog sources or digital sources to play less than -50 db.

The efx section looked great, A&H effects have multiple presets(10-20) for each of 5 efx. Efx could be used together or separate with the push of the button.

the eqs could be trim or kill or used as a HP and LP filter with resonance(the mid eq knob)

any channel could be routed to any input

and i thought teh GUi looked cool(the metal knobs looked and felt great) and the main meter could be used in 3 ways (i thought the one where only the top leds hit, with none of the others hitting looked cool)

who knows maybe ill try another one sooner or later, the one i bought was a open box bargain, prob why it was a bargain.
HellNegative1 10:39 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
the db4 seems like a great personal mixer, but for club installs or people not familiar with the mixer(personally only seen one from my sound guy that keeps it in inventory for a a couple big names).

the DB2 seemed like the perfect option for me until it didnt work and i had trouble with the software(although i think the mixer was messed up from the start, i couldnt get analog sources or digital sources to play less than -50 db.

The efx section looked great, A&H effects have multiple presets(10-20) for each of 5 efx. Efx could be used together or separate with the push of the button.

the eqs could be trim or kill or used as a HP and LP filter with resonance(the mid eq knob)

any channel could be routed to any input

and i thought teh GUi looked cool(the metal knobs looked and felt great) and the main meter could be used in 3 ways (i thought the one where only the top leds hit, with none of the others hitting looked cool)

who knows maybe ill try another one sooner or later, the one i bought was a open box bargain, prob why it was a bargain.

I whole heartedly agree. Literally every time someone went to DJ on my setup when I had the DB4 in the coffin, they would have to ask me how to use the mixer. I switched to the DB2 for this exact reason (compromise).
Mr. Goodkat 11:13 PM - 30 May, 2018
so you have one and like it? im still doing a lot of open format and just rebought at 62 but i'm still dreaming about it.

you have any issues with it?
Aptidda 11:17 PM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I refuse to feed the troll.

Quote:

Good call, a good choice as you don't want to get verbally slapped by the Boss man on campus.
HellNegative1 12:54 AM - 31 May, 2018
Quote:
so you have one and like it? im still doing a lot of open format and just rebought at 62 but i'm still dreaming about it.

you have any issues with it?

I did have one. Sold it a while back. I absolutely loved it. Had a couple glitches (Soundcard would randomly disconnect), but those went away with a firmware update.
blackavenger 11:53 AM - 31 May, 2018
There is something from the rear shot of the X96 that has me perplexed. In between the X-Link port and the two USB Ports is some other kind of port/jack. It's much larger than the X-Link port. I wonder what it could be? Anyone have any ideas?
HellNegative1 6:35 PM - 31 May, 2018
Quote:
There is something from the rear shot of the X96 that has me perplexed. In between the X-Link port and the two USB Ports is some other kind of port/jack. It's much larger than the X-Link port. I wonder what it could be? Anyone have any ideas?

Thats a standard 5-pin midi out port. The 92 had one as well.
blackavenger 5:39 AM - 1 June, 2018
It looks square...
HellNegative1 2:00 PM - 1 June, 2018
It only looks square due to the screws in the case.

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com
blackavenger 2:29 PM - 1 June, 2018
Yeh, my PX5 has a 5-pin midi jack too. But it doesn't look like this does. But you're probably right. That would make sense.
Clubber1970 3:09 AM - 2 June, 2018
So no Serato support? It is not mentioned in the 2.0.3 release notes. Ok at least the Mixer is usable with Traktor and Rekordbox!
blackavenger 5:41 AM - 2 June, 2018
Quote:
Ok at least the Mixer is usable with Traktor and Rekordbox!

You mean plain ole' USB (Rekordbox), or Rekordbox DJ? Because I haven't seen anything about it supporting Rekordbox DJ and would LOVE to know where you discovered that.
That would be HUGE news for Pioneer to officially support a non-Pioneer branded mixer.
Clubber1970 6:54 AM - 2 June, 2018
I mean Rekordbox DJ. It is of course not officially mentioned as a supported Device. But as I can say with my own experience my A&H DB2 works great with Rekordbox DJ in performance Mode. I use there 4 channel: Two in HID with XDJ700‘s and two in DVS mode with my turntables. It works perfectly without any hicups. I‘ve done many gigs with this setup.
Rekordbox DJ is complete open which soundcard you want to use. You only need to have enough In/Out channels for using DVS
Clubber1970 7:02 AM - 2 June, 2018
...and for triggering Hot Cues, browsing tracks, looping I have an DDJ-XP1 from which i have the Rkbx DJ and DVS licenses.
HellNegative1 7:46 AM - 2 June, 2018
Quote:
So no Serato support? It is not mentioned in the 2.0.3 release notes. Ok at least the Mixer is usable with Traktor and Rekordbox!

The announcement date is June 9th, not the release date. We do not know the release date, but I bet it will be in more than enough time for Serato DJ to have another update. ;-)
Clubber1970 7:47 AM - 2 June, 2018
That would be great!
blackavenger 1:50 AM - 5 June, 2018
Quote:
Rekordbox DJ is complete open which soundcard you want to use. You only need to have enough In/Out channels for using DVS

Dope! I didn't know that.
HellNegative1 6:05 PM - 8 June, 2018
They dont allow images on here, but Im about to be posting the leaked photos on my Instagram shortly.
HellNegative1 8:04 PM - 8 June, 2018
Caley Martin 8:05 PM - 8 June, 2018
Finally, the xone:92 we have all been waiting for. Looks great. I hope they offer a storm grey/black version as well!

That dual soundcard though. #imwet
Mr. Goodkat 8:18 PM - 8 June, 2018
is 'crunch' new?
blackavenger 7:05 AM - 9 June, 2018
Quote:
is 'crunch' new?

yeah.
blackavenger 7:11 AM - 9 June, 2018
Leaked images....I mean, we should have the full story in a matter of hours, but I still thought it would be cool to share the pix.

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com
blackavenger 8:50 AM - 9 June, 2018
Sure enough, a couple hours.....

www.allen-heath.com
blackavenger 9:08 AM - 9 June, 2018
Innofader Mini, complete with fader cut adjustment for our sharpest cut ever.

A First for A&H! They're learning.
Clubber1970 11:58 AM - 9 June, 2018
Man, I wanna have that shit. Though it‘s not Serato certified. There are other Software options available.
roy rohypnol 12:42 PM - 9 June, 2018
Looks proper tasty!! Wonder how it will sound compared to the original 92??
HellNegative1 5:57 PM - 9 June, 2018
Quote:
Man, I wanna have that shit. Though it‘s not Serato certified. There are other Software options available.

It's Traktor Scratch Certified. If Serato doesn't pick up the torch, you could always use Rekordbuddy to convert your library and make the switch. I know I will be once these are available for purchase.
Rebelguy 4:13 PM - 10 June, 2018
Any word on pricing?
HellNegative1 4:18 PM - 10 June, 2018
Quote:
Any word on pricing?

So far, all we know is less than $2k USD.
roy rohypnol 4:20 PM - 10 June, 2018
$1,999
£1,599
DJSCIASCIA 8:20 PM - 10 June, 2018
I guess I’ll be waiting for this mixer. Forget the PX5 & 900NXS2
Aptidda 3:28 PM - 11 June, 2018
Sweet, I'm gonna pick one of these up too.
Clubber1970 5:50 PM - 16 June, 2018
Does anybody heard the new crunch effect of the 96?
HellNegative1 3:07 AM - 17 June, 2018
Quote:
Does anybody heard the new crunch effect of the 96?

I hope we get an audio demo soon.
Caley Martin 10:53 PM - 14 July, 2018
Using the MP2015 as an example and potential timeline comparison for Serato Club Kit support:

January 2015: MP2015 announced
April 2015: MP2015 shipped
May 2015: NI announces Traktor support
August 2015: Serato announces Club Kit support

May 2018: NI releases update that pre-announces support for new A&H mixer
June 2018: xone:96 announced
August 2018: xone:96 will be released

If we hypothetically use NI support as a frame of reference, we can expect at least +3 months... which puts it right around the August launch (that would be magical). If we use the actual launch instead, that would suggest +4 months landing in December 2018

Serato would be silly not to support a flagship mixer from A&H!
blackavenger 7:19 AM - 15 July, 2018
Quote:

Indeed.....foolish, even.
Rebelguy 2:41 PM - 15 July, 2018
Quote:
Using the MP2015 as an example and potential timeline comparison for Serato Club Kit support:

If we hypothetically use NI support as a frame of reference, we can expect at least +3 months... which puts it right around the August launch (that would be magical). If we use the actual launch instead, that would suggest +4 months landing in December 2018

Look into how long it took them to support the DB4.
Caley Martin 9:17 PM - 15 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

True... but 5 years post announce is way better than NI’s 8 years (2.11.3 finally added support for a handful of A&H mixers).
HellNegative1 2:58 AM - 16 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

True... but 5 years post announce is way better than NI’s 8 years (2.11.3 finally added support for a handful of A&H mixers).

You are correct, but NI has support for the 96 ahead of anyone else. And while Serato was only licensed to specific djm mixers for quite a while, Traktor was licensed DJM mixers without needing special branding.

So, it goes both ways for both companies.
ninjagaijin 9:39 PM - 18 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, it's only designed in the UK and built in China now. The Model-1 is actually built in the UK, as well as older Xone:92s, 62s, 23s, etc..

But, if Apple can produce a solid machine in China's factories, it's entirely possible that other brands can as well. If that damned tsunami hadn't hit Japan, China wouldn't have the superiority it has today in manufacturing.

Damn, I was getting excited for a second thinking that they were making in UK again. I am pretty sure I have a Chinese Xone 92.

The Xone 96 looks amazing though, it has a lot of upgraded features compared to the 92 (addressed a lot of small things) - I really like that aux send 1 has option for hi-z output, so you can directly connect guitar level pedals and effects to it without having to use a seperate reamper. The parametric EQ on the returns/mic inputs. The better xfader. The second separate cue/headphones section. The crunch. The extra sends. The sound cards. It's got a lot of features!

It gets me tempted to sell my Xone 92 and upgrade.. but I think I'll keep dreaming and possibly one day, saving towards a Formula Sound FF4.2L, which seems like a Xone 92 but much much better sound and build quality.

The main issue I personally have with Xone 92 is how the filter leds make audible little pops, I can hear some gremlins in the headphone output when first turn it on (needs to warm up for a while, otherwise sometimes a squeely noise in headphones), either bought 2nd hand with a blown PSU or blew a PSU using it too much/overheating - since replacing that I don't leave it on stupid long periods of time anymore and am considering more ventilation / possibly some airy case for it with a fan or something. But it doesn't seem to get as hot as it used to (master section power supply area would get REALLY hot sometimes). But for its few quirks I still love it for its decent sound quality and large amount of connections.

Oh and the new 96 also has a better layout for cables on the back I think.. recording RCA at the top, instead of hidden at the bottom near master and booth outputs on the 92 lol
blackavenger 8:38 PM - 2 October, 2018
I've got my pre-order in. Was told they should have it by Wednesday (10/10) of next week. Then I should have it a few days later. I can't wait!! I wonder if Serato will ever end up supporting it? Not that it really matters to me, personally, anymore.....I've pretty much abandoned DVS. But it would be nice knowing that all bases could be covered if I used it for a party.
roy rohypnol 9:58 PM - 2 October, 2018
Please post your thoughts when you get it!! :)
Caley Martin 6:02 AM - 17 October, 2018
Does anyone have their 96 yet?
blackavenger 4:44 PM - 17 October, 2018
Quote:

Nope :'(

I preordered from TheDJHookup. They made a FB post on the 9th stating that they were getting their stock within the week. Here we are 8 days later with no mention of them receiving their stock.

A few peeps from this FB Group ( www.facebook.com ) I belong to have received theirs, so I know A&H are shipping them out, albeit VERY slowly.
HellNegative1 5:37 PM - 17 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Nope :'(

I preordered from TheDJHookup. They made a FB post on the 9th stating that they were getting their stock within the week. Here we are 8 days later with no mention of them receiving their stock.

A few peeps from this FB Group ( www.facebook.com ) I belong to have received theirs, so I know A&H are shipping them out, albeit VERY slowly.

You are not alone. I ordered mine from Zzounds and am still waiting.
blackavenger 8:31 PM - 17 October, 2018
Actually, I just got the email that it will be shipping out tomorrow!!! So hopefully I'll have it on Saturday or perhaps Monday. Man, I can't wait!! So amped!
Caley Martin 10:27 PM - 19 October, 2018
Oh man, Saturday delivery for me! So excited!!!!
Mr. Goodkat 10:35 PM - 19 October, 2018
my sound guy just got his in, sent me a pic last nite.
blackavenger 1:57 PM - 22 October, 2018
Quote:
Actually, I just got the email that it will be shipping out tomorrow!!! So hopefully I'll have it on Saturday or perhaps Monday. Man, I can't wait!! So amped!

Ughh!

I wasn't supposed to receive that email stating that mine was shipping out.
When I wasn't sent the tracking number, I went ahead and called to find out what was going on. Apparently, they only received a few units and those who preordered theirs before me, rightfully, had theirs shipped out and I have to wait for the next batch which is "supposed to" come in October 30th.

Damn, Allen & Heath, get your shit together!! This is happening world-wide! Big Name shops only receiving a few units when they were supposed to receive dozens and even hundreds.

It has only been 37 days since I "paid in full" for my preorder. However, there are some peeps that also "paid in full" for theirs dating all the way back to June. If I am this frustrated, I can only imagine how raging pissed they are by now.
Rebelguy 3:42 PM - 23 October, 2018
Sweetwater has them in stock.
blackavenger 6:15 AM - 24 October, 2018
Quote:
Sweetwater has them in stock.

I got mine for $300 less than retail.
So, I'll continue to wait a few weeks.
Bornd Fono 3:30 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
As a big Allen and Heath fan I‘m very excited about the 96. Hopefully it will be supported by Serato.

Yeah. This really needs to happen!
roy rohypnol 6:16 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, the 96 is a professional mixer and not a kiddie controller so I wouldn't hold your breath.
DJ JulioYEG 6:27 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, the 96 is a professional mixer and not a kiddie controller so I wouldn't hold your breath.

ur a blast at parties hey
Caley Martin 6:28 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, the 96 is a professional mixer.

That's exactly why it SHOULD be supported.
roy rohypnol 7:04 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ur a blast at parties hey

And I bet you turn up as a clown hey
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 8:50 PM - 5 November, 2018
Hey folks - remember to be nice to each other :D
DJ JulioYEG 11:33 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Hey folks - remember to be nice to each other :D

cmon matt ur gonna let him diss serato as a software for "kiddie " controlers only ??
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 3:05 AM - 6 November, 2018
Everyone is welcome to their opinion.

We just need to play nice together to keep the forum area an enjoyable experience for everyone.

:D
Caley Martin 6:30 AM - 6 November, 2018
Quote:
Everyone is welcome to this opinion.

We just need xone:96 to play nice together with Club Kit to keep Serato DJ Pro an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Fixed that for you. ;-)
HellNegative1 7:50 PM - 6 November, 2018
Give it time y'all. It'll happen eventually. I think the future of Serato is the same as with other DVS solutions. It will end up being paid software that is open to all platforms.
blackavenger 9:37 PM - 6 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

We just need xone:96 to play nice together with Club Kit to keep Serato DJ Pro an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Fixed that for you. ;-)

Just gonna' leave this here (LOL, Serato asleep at the wheel as usual - #clueless).....

i.imgur.com
Caley Martin 10:56 PM - 6 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed that for you. ;-)

Just gonna' leave this here (LOL, Serato asleep at the wheel as usual - #clueless).....

i.imgur.com

Man... that's really disheartening to read that. It just seems like a no-brainer that this mixer would get Club Kit support. I mean c'mon... everyone has been waiting for a 96 for how long now? And now that it's finally here, we're going to start seeing it EVERYWHERE.
blackavenger 2:28 AM - 7 November, 2018
Yup, I thought for sure that it would be supported. But, hearing that from Alex is hearing it from the horse's mouth. So, apparently Serato aren't interested in supporting what will likely be THE industry standard outside of Pioneer Nexus mixers. Fools!
blackavenger 2:31 AM - 7 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Kinda' backs up Roy's statement now, doesn't it?
Bornd Fono 9:14 AM - 7 November, 2018
I also thought it was a no-brainer that this mixer would get Club Kit Support. Like you guys I am really sad that Serato seems to be sleeping on this. :/
roy rohypnol 9:19 AM - 7 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Kinda' backs up Roy's statement now, doesn't it?

I learnt my my lesson when I got burned on the Rane MP2014 :(
roy rohypnol 9:25 AM - 7 November, 2018
*my*
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:07 PM - 7 November, 2018
No harm in requesting support via the feature request thread. If the hardware manufacturer has a forum for requesting third party software support don't forget to drop them a line as well.

I reckon it will happen at some point, especially since you may use it with Traktor 3, Virtual DJ and Rekordboxdj ...could be wrong though.

I always assumed djs that prefer allen&heath, rotary mixers are audiophiles who prefer vinyl and other standalone audio sources (cdjs)
blackavenger 7:14 PM - 7 November, 2018
I miss the Serato that Sam Gribben was CEO of.
Soooooo much has changed since then!!!
Rebelguy 4:56 AM - 8 November, 2018
Well they did add support for the DB4. It only took 4 years after release.
rickymart 12:37 AM - 9 November, 2018
Folks already owning or hoping to get a Xone:96 (an amazing piece of kit) should definitely not hold their breadth.

Its Junior” predecessor, the PX5, has been around for like 2 years and Serato hasn’t bat an eyelash.

I own a PX5 and totally love it. I got it for its beautiful sound, soundcard, send\return, MIDI, etc etc. To be sure, I did hope Serato would soon support it and since I had gotten the club kit and DVS for using it with an old DB4, I took the risk.

But since I didn’t want to fork out hard-earned dough on a superfluous SSL or even Denon interface for a mixer with a four phono soundcard built in, I simply moved on to Traktor and Rekordbox for big gigs and now use Serato now only for minor affairs with an old DDJ-SX and a DJ2GO2 when its some informal thing.

TBH, this under-the-radar story makes me wonder what sort of private squabble has produced the anti-Allen & Heath stance in Auckland. When A&H released the PX5 they hope Serato would supported but that it was up to Serato to do so. Only insiders and good sleuths might know if there’s any connection with the earlier discontinuation of the K1. (Pioneer and NI seem to have their own beef vis-à-vis Traktor support for a XDJ-1000 mk2.)

Curiously, some of you might have noticed that several months ago A&H posted a pic on Twitter with some DJs using Serato with the PX5, except that there was a big bulge on the table cloth, seemingly hiding an SSL-4.

Peace.
Bornd Fono 8:18 AM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
TBH, this under-the-radar story makes me wonder what sort of private squabble has produced the anti-Allen & Heath stance in Auckland.

Yeah, the guys at Serato really seem to not like the A&H brand. Wtf? All they do is build beautiful top-end hardware which is used all over the world by DJs who really are into what they are doing and who love good sound quality.
Caley Martin 5:35 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
TBH, this under-the-radar story makes me wonder what sort of private squabble has produced the anti-Allen & Heath stance in Auckland.

Yeah, the guys at Serato really seem to not like the A&H brand. Wtf? All they do is build beautiful top-end hardware which is used all over the world by DJs who really are into what they are doing and who love good sound quality.

Well said. I use both Serato and A&H mixers because I find them both to be the best in class software/hardware. And, in my world, if I can combine the two, I’m happy as a clam... it means my workflow on the decks will be solid. Anything to make that integration even tighter, I’d argue, would further cement a good reputation and willingness to listen to what the discerning DJ requires. Hell, it would be great marketing/PR too.

There are just too many positives to list as to why it would make sense supporting the 96.
dj_soo 8:17 PM - 9 November, 2018
A&h and serato’s issues go back to the days of the xone:dx

If you recall, that was the only Itch controller that wasn’t ported over to Serato DJ for some reason.

People thought they may have mended fences with support for the db2 and db4, but I guess things went sour again.

My guess is it’s likely over money. A&H probably want support, but do they want to pay for it? Serato also has metrics on what gear is used the most to draw people to pay for the DJ license or club kit and maybe decided the work wasn’t worth their projected returns?

I believe that was the reason that the Rane MP2014 never got support - because they saw the conversion rate of the mp2015 and didn’t think it was worth it.
roy rohypnol 8:19 PM - 9 November, 2018
Then why does Traktor Pro 3, support any sound card?
roy rohypnol 8:20 PM - 9 November, 2018
Or am I missing something??
Rebelguy 8:56 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:

Because Native Instruments allows it to.
roy rohypnol 9:14 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Because Native Instruments allows it to.

Yeah, I understand that but why doesn't Serato follow suit?? Surely, it would be in Serato's best interest to do the same..
Bornd Fono 11:26 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:

Because NI is way ahead in the game when it comes to this. I think it's an amazing move to open Traktor to any soundcard/device.
Serato has made some points in functionality with things like FLIP and alined waveforms... plus they always had a reputation for being rock solid when it comes to stabilty.
On the negative side they are way behind compared to traktor when it comes to the quality of the effects, midi mappings (no modifiers, macros etc. - even after years of ppl asking for this - wtf?) and with Traktor Scratch being available with any device now there is another huge advantage of NI in the area of interests of advanced users who like to really concern themselfs with their setup. Serato really should consider stepping their game up for the pro-users and not only try to make beginners and hobby djs happy with giving them an easy approch on the matter with plug & play controllers and a ready to go software.
dj_soo 11:47 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:

Probably because NI is willing to do the work to make their gear open without compensation - or possibly in pioneer’s case - even pay a licensing fee to make it work.

NI is supported by their production software and hardware sales and aren’t 95% dependent on their DJ software for revenue like Serato is. NI also just got a $40 million dollar investment from venture capitalists which is probably why we’re seeing them pay attention to Traktor again.

Traktor is also a distant third these days to serato and rekordbox thanks to their over 3 years of doing absolutely nothing with the software. They are likely trying to make a go at being relevant again and willing to make their software available to the broadest range of gear whereas Serato tends to pick and choose - likely due to resource limitations.

Of course NI is also charging $50 to upgrade to Traktor 3 - which is pretty much just a UI facelist, one or two new features and some under-the-hood type stuff.
HellNegative1 5:28 PM - 10 November, 2018
If Serato opened up a "paid-for" option which unlocked their software to all hardware, a ton of people would jump all over it. Serato is super solid and crashes less compared to the competition. While I am not a Serato Fanboy by any means (I still prefer traktor as a software platform due to its feature set and am now using it with my Serato branded Mixars Duo), I will admit that Serato is the easiest to learn and plug and play with Serato friendly hardwre.
nymlb4 12:04 AM - 11 November, 2018
I have an rane MP25 and the nobes are getting loose. RANE says the parts are no longer available. Does anyone no a good quality mixer RANE quality or better that has the following, a controllable zone or booth out that supports microphone signal, 2 microphone inputs, high/low filters with kills, four channel faders and serato compatable. I was looking at the Allen and heath zone 96 but it doesn’t seem to be compatable.
dj_soo 12:38 AM - 11 November, 2018
I feel like open mapping is inevitable at this point. Their biggest partner in Pioneer is also their biggest competitor and seems completely content directly undercutting Serato by bundling Rekordbox at a loss in order to take over market share.

I think the big thing with Serato is they are so dependent on their DJ software sales, that they have no choice but to take a pragmatic approach to hardware support unfortunately.

Since every piece of hardware essentially has to have compatibility programed and mapped in from scratch it probably takes a certain amount of man hours and money to do for every piece of hardware they choose to take on.

Because they have no big money backing them like NI nor do they have any other really sustainable revenue streams coming in outside of maybe Pitch n Time licensing from Protools, they probably have to make decisions on what to support and what not to rather than supporting every new piece of hardware that appears on the market.

Especially for high end gear like the 96 - where sales are limited just due to the price of the product - and given they already have metrics in place telling them how many DB2 or DB4 owners actually bought the SDJ licence, they may deem it low priority to get compatibility on the 96 - even if it was done as a plug and play option without the license.

What Serato is looking for is conversion into their paid ecosystem. And a high pricetag item like the 96 probably only sells a handful of units every year. In Serato's case the $130 - $300 they get from the 96 is the same amount they'd get from someone who buys a mixtrack pro or DDJ SB - only there's probably several hundred of those sold for every 96 that's going to be sold.

On top of that, DJs that tend to support Allen & Heath gear have never been the biggest Serato users so the percentage of people that would pay for serato who choose to buy the 96 that would also buy the club kit license (not even counting the ones that already have it) is going to be much smaller than other companies. DJs who like Allen & Heath have traditionally always been more on CDJs, vinyl, or Traktor anyway.
Mmullymull 1:47 AM - 11 November, 2018
I got a 96 and already had a ton of problems with the soundcard. Super disappointed and it's been a huge hassle. I exchanged the first one only to have the replacement have the exact same issue. Audio on ch 2 and 6 was flat and did not match the audio on the other 4 channels (which did sound great tho I'll admit). Today the soundcard on the 2nd unit completely died so its totally unusable for any software based systems. I'll be returning it for a refund I guess. Such a shame because the layout and features are great. Really would like to know how many units went out with shoddy sound cards. If anyone has a 96 please let me know if you have issues.
HellNegative1 6:50 PM - 13 November, 2018
Quote:
I feel like open mapping is inevitable at this point. Their biggest partner in Pioneer is also their biggest competitor and seems completely content directly undercutting Serato by bundling Rekordbox at a loss in order to take over market share.

I think the big thing with Serato is they are so dependent on their DJ software sales, that they have no choice but to take a pragmatic approach to hardware support unfortunately.

Since every piece of hardware essentially has to have compatibility programed and mapped in from scratch it probably takes a certain amount of man hours and money to do for every piece of hardware they choose to take on.

Because they have no big money backing them like NI nor do they have any other really sustainable revenue streams coming in outside of maybe Pitch n Time licensing from Protools, they probably have to make decisions on what to support and what not to rather than supporting every new piece of hardware that appears on the market.

Especially for high end gear like the 96 - where sales are limited just due to the price of the product - and given they already have metrics in place telling them how many DB2 or DB4 owners actually bought the SDJ licence, they may deem it low priority to get compatibility on the 96 - even if it was done as a plug and play option without the license.

What Serato is looking for is conversion into their paid ecosystem. And a high pricetag item like the 96 probably only sells a handful of units every year. In Serato's case the $130 - $300 they get from the 96 is the same amount they'd get from someone who buys a mixtrack pro or DDJ SB - only there's probably several hundred of those sold for every 96 that's going to be sold.

On top of that, DJs that tend to support Allen & Heath gear have never been the biggest Serato users so the percentage of people that would pay for serato who choose to buy the 96 that would also buy the club kit license (not even counting the ones that already have it) is going to be much smaller than other companies. DJs who like Allen & Heath have traditionally always been more on CDJs, vinyl, or Traktor anyway.

If they opened the software to be used with all interfaces (and just strictly sell the software), it would open them up to all users. The only midi mapping function not currently available in Serato is the Jog Wheel. A
blackavenger 12:32 AM - 15 November, 2018
Quote:
The PX5, has been around for like 2 years and Serato hasn’t bat an eyelash.

I own a PX5 and totally love it. I got it for its beautiful sound, soundcard, send\return, MIDI, etc etc. To be sure, I did hope Serato would soon support it and since I had gotten the club kit and DVS for using it with an old DB4, I took the risk.

But since I didn’t want to fork out hard-earned dough on a superfluous SSL or even Denon interface for a mixer with a four phono soundcard built in, I simply moved on to Traktor and Rekordbox for big gigs and now use Serato now only for minor affairs with an old DDJ-SX and a DJ2GO2 when its some informal thing.

I also have a PX5 and was super pissed when Serato said that they had no intention on supporting it. Their loss, because that was just another thing that pushed me away from Serato being the focus of my process/workflow. Now w' this news regarding the X96, man, I am more than likely going to throw in the towel when it comes to Serato. Though, these days, I primarily mix on CDJ-NXS (flashdrives), I still liked using Serato at home. But I would rather not run my players/decks through my inferior (48kHz/24-bit) SL3, when the specs on the X96 are better. I already bought Traktor again to mess around with on the PX5, so I may as well just move on over permanently. Such a shame. I bought ScratchLIVE in 2005 and have been a loyal customer ever since. SL1, SL3, 57SL, crates of Control Vinyl, NS6, DDJ-SX2....you could say I've spent some money w' the company. But, I REALLY HATE the company since Sam left. Their focus shifted from being a company that supported Professional DJs and moved on to Beginner/Controller DJs. Fuckin' weak!!

Oh well.
Bornd Fono 4:36 AM - 15 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
The PX5, has been around for like 2 years and Serato hasn’t bat an eyelash.

I also have a PX5 and was super pissed when Serato said that they had no intention on supporting it. Their loss, because that was just another thing that pushed me away from Serato being the focus of my process/workflow. Now w' this news regarding the X96, man, I am more than likely going to throw in the towel when it comes to Serato. Though, these days, I primarily mix on CDJ-NXS (flashdrives), I still liked using Serato at home. But I would rather not run my players/decks through my inferior (48kHz/24-bit) SL3, when the specs on the X96 are better. I already bought Traktor again to mess around with on the PX5, so I may as well just move on over permanently. Such a shame. I bought ScratchLIVE in 2005 and have been a loyal customer ever since. SL1, SL3, 57SL, crates of Control Vinyl, NS6, DDJ-SX2....you could say I've spent some money w' the company. But, I REALLY HATE the company since Sam left. Their focus shifted from being a company that supported Professional DJs and moved on to Beginner/Controller DJs. Fuckin' weak!!

Oh well.

I totally feel you. The Xone 96 not being supported by Serato is also pushing me away from their software... really thinkig about changing to Traktor since it seems to be the better software for professional DJs who want setups apart from all-in-one controllers and mixers which are made for scratch DJs.
Caley Martin 10:09 PM - 15 November, 2018
Serato and NI both need to wake the fuck up. Plenty of things to gripe about with Traktor as well. Seems like DVS users have been getting shafted ever since the rise of controllerism.

Shame really, I wonder how much money we've all spent with control vinyl, SL1/2/3/4 hardware, club kit purchases over the years... not that it should entitle us to the xone:96 being supported or anything, but, it's a testament to the brand loyalty that Serato had elicited.

The world's number 1 professional mixer (going out on a limb saying this) is going to be absurdly ignored with what could have been/be the ultimate pair up of hardware and software.

Serato, I hope you're seeing this thread and at least passing along the feedback upstream. :)
blackavenger 10:37 PM - 15 November, 2018
Quote:
The world's number 1 professional mixer (going out on a limb saying this) is going to be absurdly ignored with what could have been/be the ultimate pair up of hardware and software.

That, right there, says it all!
Mr. Goodkat 12:10 AM - 16 November, 2018
Quote:
The world's number 1 professional mixer (going out on a limb saying this)

huge person, tiny limb.

i don't see why people cant understand its business. if they thought they were gonna make money, they would do it. clearly its not profitable.
Caley Martin 1:20 AM - 16 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

huge person, tiny limb.

i don't see why people cant understand its business. if they thought they were gonna make money, they would do it. clearly its not profitable.

Then why did they support the MP2015? From the get go, that was an even more niche product in the market.
DJ JulioYEG 1:31 AM - 16 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

huge person, tiny limb.

Then why did they support the MP2015? From the get go, that was an even more niche product in the market.

because its the only rotary serato mixer in the eco system
dj_soo 3:09 AM - 16 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

huge person, tiny limb.

The lack of conversions on the 2015 is the reason they didn’t support the MP2014
roy rohypnol 8:39 AM - 16 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

huge person, tiny limb.

Have to respectfully disagree here, to suggest that the Xone 96 won't be profitable seems like an oversight. I really believe this mixer is going to be everywhere.
roy rohypnol 8:39 AM - 16 November, 2018
IMHO
roy rohypnol 9:53 AM - 16 November, 2018
Rane MP2014 and Xone 96. Both professional mixers, both Traktor supported.

It's good enough for Traktor but not Serato. It's not all about business but directions.

Like it or not Serato sees the future in scratch mixers and controllers.
DJ JulioYEG 2:20 PM - 16 November, 2018
you have to understand the target market. traktor is more popular in the uk with the common style of music there. These mixes are more popular there leading to why they are supported by traktor imo.
dj_soo 7:57 PM - 16 November, 2018
It’s not just the uk - the Allen and heaths are most popular among techno and house djs and for the most part, a lot of those djs don’t use serato - generally they are more cdj users and for the few that do use software, it’s traktor.
Mr. Goodkat 12:25 AM - 17 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

huge person, tiny limb.

Have to respectfully disagree here, to suggest that the Xone 96 won't be profitable seems like an oversight. I really believe this mixer is going to be everywhere.

im not saying the mixer, but the relationship to serato, it won't be profitable for serato to pay people to support the mixer.

why do you think it will be profitable? i'd say a a&h mixer is probably a club install in maybe, at best, 10% of the u.s. market, but prob more like 2-3%. I'm sure in europe its more, but its still a pretty small market.

the 2015 was built pre in music, and serato and rane might have had some agreement between them to do that, we dont know the extent of that relationship before/after the sale.

Quote:
It’s not just the uk - the Allen and heaths are most popular among techno and house djs and for the most part, a lot of those djs don’t use serato - generally they are more cdj users and for the few that do use software, it’s traktor.

and this^^^^^
onthe1 9:46 AM - 17 November, 2018
Serato might be wise to hold off on supporting this new mixer for now. Allen & Heath has a poor track record when it comes to their sound cards and thus compatibility with software.

My db2 is a great mixer but I pretty much gave up on the sound card a while back. When it does work it's only at high latency AND with crackles, pops, drop-outs, etc. Others have reported similar results with the db2 and db4.

After spending $1k on Serato supported hardware only to find it doesn't work with Serato (unless I shell out close to another $1k for an SL4 only to lose my digital connectivity, MIDI functionality, etc.) has forced me to mostly move over to Traktor now, where I can use my other sound cards with the mixer no problem.

And now in this thread one of the only users with actual experience with this new mixer has reported problems with the sound cards on two of them? That's too bad because this looks like a decent mixer. It would be good for hybrid DJ/production work with all of those send/returns.

Hopefully A&H gets these issues sorted out.
blackavenger 2:33 PM - 17 November, 2018
Quote:
And now in this thread one of the only users with actual experience with this new mixer has reported problems with the sound cards on two of them? That's too bad because this looks like a decent mixer. It would be good for hybrid DJ/production work with all of those send/returns.

While I feel for Mmullymull, he is the only kat that I have seen (so far) mentioning having issues. I'm in a FB Group and everyone in there is claiming theirs to be solid AF. He probably got a lemon. It's strange though, Alex said one of the reasons it's taking so long to get the mixers out into the world is because they have a 2.5 hour quality control check for each mixer, and that coupled w' supply chain logistics, means A&H is producing about 250-300 units a month. Also, they did not expect the demand to be as high as it is.

"The demand to be as high as it is".......

[sarcasm]Yeah, there's no indication that offering Club Kit support would be a profitable venture.[/sarcasm]

You know, I hear this argument all the time w' how A&H is a European and/or House & Techno mixer only. Well, how do Serato ever hope to change that unless they stick their neck's out and support something that may not have had strong support for their software in the past? Serato have found their niche.....
Quote:
Like it or not Serato sees the future in scratch mixers and controllers.
HellNegative1 7:22 PM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:
Serato might be wise to hold off on supporting this new mixer for now. Allen & Heath has a poor track record when it comes to their sound cards and thus compatibility with software.

My db2 is a great mixer but I pretty much gave up on the sound card a while back. When it does work it's only at high latency AND with crackles, pops, drop-outs, etc. Others have reported similar results with the db2 and db4.

After spending $1k on Serato supported hardware only to find it doesn't work with Serato (unless I shell out close to another $1k for an SL4 only to lose my digital connectivity, MIDI functionality, etc.) has forced me to mostly move over to Traktor now, where I can use my other sound cards with the mixer no problem.

I have never had an issue with the DB2 or DB4 that I owned previously. At one point, I was running the DB2 with an HP Stream (due to my normal notebook being destroyed... thank god for insurance and needing something cheap and quick to cover a gig). 2 Decks DVS, 2 decks internal mixing using serato that night.

I have also never had any issues when playing on a PX5 either. Maybe user error?
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 9:34 PM - 19 November, 2018
The Xone does not need Serato Support. If you really want it purchase a serato box.
Clubber1970 12:50 AM - 20 November, 2018
Quote:
The Xone does not need Serato Support. If you really want it purchase a serato box.

Except that you have no idea what you are telling here, you are right. The A&H‘s don‘t need Serato support. They work with Traktor and RB and all other soundcard independent software. So who cares about Serato in this case?
Mr. Goodkat 1:33 AM - 20 November, 2018
there were a lot of db2 duds, i got one. really wanted to use that mixer
Clubber1970 6:10 AM - 20 November, 2018
Yes, i have one too. I like to use it with Serato, but mostly it is connected to RB because of my other devices (e.g. XDJ‘s). I give up hoping that these are supported by Serato.
I have come to terms with the fact that Serato is a closed ecosystem
Mr. Goodkat 7:45 AM - 20 November, 2018
how do you like the sound, the fx, and the eq when you change it to filter instead of eq?

i still might pic one up some day if i can get it for 600ish
Clubber1970 10:02 AM - 20 November, 2018
I like my DB2 a lot. It has a very warm sound and the mixing with the eq's are very smooth.
The FX sound quality is also very very good. The internal BPM detection is quite good.
But because there are so many FX with so much paremeters to tweak I need lot of time to use it in my sets. It takes a time for me to learn the workflow with that baby.
Honestly I don't use the filter mode in the EQ knobs not often, because this has to be switched in the mixer menu. And this is so awkward.
The DB4 is at this point better because there is a dedicated switches for that toggle function.
The other not so good point is that the one and only normal filter can not be changed in the resonance. It has a fixed resonance setting.
Another thing is: This mixer is not for scratching because the crossfader has bad cutting points, though DVS works with Serato well.
But for mixing EDM/House it is a superb mixer. Way better than the Pioneer mixers !
Bornd Fono 12:54 PM - 20 November, 2018
Quote:

Troll detected.
blackavenger 6:53 AM - 14 December, 2018
I finally got my X96!!
roy rohypnol 12:17 PM - 14 December, 2018
What's it like!!!??!?!?
Caley Martin 10:01 PM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:
I finally got my X96!!

Congrats man! How long did you have to wait, from order date to delivery date?
DJSCIASCIA 2:12 AM - 15 December, 2018
I see the price of the mixer went up $200 from $1999 to $2199.
blackavenger 6:04 AM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:
Congrats man! How long did you have to wait, from order date to delivery date?

September 10th til' December 13th....so just over 3 months. That's not that bad. There were kats that ordered in June when it was announced and only got theirs last month. Or kats that ordered in July that only just received theirs this past week along w' me. It's in HIGH demand! I think A&H have a winner with this one!!

Quote:
What's it like!!!??!?!?

I need some more time to give my full opinion. But, in the little time within the past couple days I've had to play on it, I know it was a proper investment over my PX5.

*There is one observation that is disappointing to me. Others probably wouldn't care, but I do......

I am a little disappointed to see that not every post is metal. The headphones 1&2, booth, master 1&2, and send posts 1&2 for all six channels are all plastic. The rest of the posts are metal, but this is a 2K+ mixer!!! They shouldn't have skimped. Every post should have been metal, IMO. But that's just aesthetic. I mean, the only posts I could see that as being a potential problem for are probably the sends. Time will tell. I know prior Rane mixers' posts were mostly plastic. Maybe it's not as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be. Hell, every post on my PX5 was plastic, and that never posed a problem. Then again, I only owned the PX5 for 1.5 years.
roy rohypnol 10:03 AM - 15 December, 2018
So, will you be using Traktor or an sl box??
Rebelguy 2:11 PM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:
I see the price of the mixer went up $200 from $1999 to $2199.

You can blame the president and his tariff drama with China for the price increase.
Rebelguy 2:27 PM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:

September 10th til' December 13th....so just over 3 months. That's not that bad. There were kats that ordered in June when it was announced and only got theirs last month. Or kats that ordered in July that only just received theirs this past week along w' me. It's in HIGH demand! I think A&H have a winner with this one!!

The retailers I deal with a lot have said the demand has been okay. This may be because of the lack of Serato support or simply because of the high price.

Where did you order from? Most retailers have had them in stock and available to ship for the past few weeks.
Mr. Goodkat 8:37 PM - 15 December, 2018
i can't imagine too many A&h users using serato
blackavenger 11:38 PM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:
So, will you be using Traktor or an sl box??

Quote:
i can't imagine too many A&h users using serato

I don't really use DVS anymore except at home. But, since Serato don't want to support it, I suppose I'll be using Traktor. But mostly I am about CDJs w' Rekordbox USB sticks.

Quote:
Where did you order from? Most retailers have had them in stock and available to ship for the past few weeks.

I ordered from TheDJHoookup. The reason why I continued to wait, despite many of the big retailers having them in stock, was because I saved $300 on the pre-order. So I only paid $1,700 for it.
blackavenger 8:36 AM - 18 December, 2018
Well, there you have it folks. It's absolutely not happening!
So long, Serato, and thanks for all the fish!!

imgur.com
roy rohypnol 8:56 AM - 18 December, 2018
Had the same problem with my Rane MP2014. Absolute shit state of affairs. The MP2014 and the Xone 96 are stunning mixers with no Serato support. Utter Bollocks!!
Mr. Goodkat 9:04 AM - 18 December, 2018
i feel like getting away from serato at this point is a good idea. its there, its a fallback. charge on to traktor or rekordbox. i flipped into cdjs after 12 years on the decks, it wasnt that hard. i feel like with rekordbuddy moving to rekordbox shouldnt be that hard, just a little effort. it makes things interesting to me.
blackavenger 9:26 AM - 18 December, 2018
Yeah, Serato was GREAT for a long, long time! I really LOVED it back in the ScratchLIVE & ITCH days. It was a ton of fun participating in the quest to bring all those cool features into the DJ sphere. No one can deny them of their innovation, early on. But Serato is nothing special now. There is so much competition out there and nearly all of them offer the same featureset. Now it comes down to which software is going to support your hardware of choice.

Even though this forum is not as good as it used to be, it's still one of the best out there to engage w' other DJs. I suppose I can stick around for that at least, LOL.

I guess it's time to sell off some of this CV, haha!
dj_soo 9:38 AM - 18 December, 2018
I feel like if I were to ditch Serato, it would be for the SC5000Ms. Spinning platters are still very important to me and I don't think I will ever stop using them.

That said, the 5000s are still missing a few key features for me (namely pitch shifting) so I don't think I will ever stop using Serato until standalone options implement that feature.

I also don't think I will ever ditch a laptop system for my more mainstream gigs because having that range of choices in music (even more with the implementation of streaming services) is so important to these types of gigs today.

If I were strictly a headline/touring/festival type DJ that played only 2 hour or less sets, standalone would probably be preferred, but having that massive library available is pretty much a requirement for 90% of my sets these days. And even though there is a lot of room for improvement with the Serato library features, it still contains some key features for me that none of the competition has - things like secondary sorting, camelot key integration, and some of the little navigation shortcuts I've come to rely on when freestyling for 4-6 hours straight.
Mr. Goodkat 10:05 AM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
I also don't think I will ever ditch a laptop system for my more mainstream gigs because having that range of choices in music (even more with the implementation of streaming services) is so important to these types of gigs today.

you can hook up you computer to the cdjs or at least the xdj2 and mk2, i posted the vid but not sure if you saw it soo

Watchwww.youtube.com

at 5:40
dj_soo 10:40 AM - 18 December, 2018
Yea, but then I'd have to use Rekordbox and I hate Rekordbox.
blackavenger 4:24 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Yea, but then I'd have to use Rekordbox and I hate Rekordbox.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan either, but got the hang of it eventually.
Hopefully, Pioneer update Rekordbox's GUI to something resembling the SC5000's. It's super intuitive. The problem is, it's not very stable. Perhaps Pioneer would do better considering they have waaaay more resources at their disposal.
Caley Martin 6:58 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:

imgur.com

:(

Such a bummer and such a shame.
Bornd Fono 6:30 PM - 19 December, 2018
Quote:

imgur.com

This is really sad! Serato seems to sleep on this :/

I can only hope that they expand the functionality of the Serato Play expansion soon and make it with it possible to select any soundcard connected as an output (like the routing in Traktor 3). I hear a lot of ppl saying that it is really impudent of Serato to charge 40$ for basic stuff (and the stuff Serato Play delivers really IS! basic). With a free routing I would very much like to pay 40$ or even more for that expansion pack and Serato Play would gain a right to exist. Like things are now... Serato Play really is a joke.
4tea 8:33 AM - 12 January, 2019
I really want this mixer to be supported. It's a flagship from one of the most prominent brands in the industry.
Clubber1970 8:44 AM - 12 January, 2019
Quote:
I really want this mixer to be supported. It's a flagship from one of the most prominent brands in the industry.

+1
onthe1 2:08 AM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

Update on this: Allen & Heath have come through with some new Windows/cross platform drivers for the db2 and db4 which I've been testing out and they seem to be very stable so far.

I just saw these today on their website (they may have been released late last year - I hadn't checked in a while) so I haven't gotten a chance to put them through rigorous use yet but they seem to be working well with both Serato and Ableton so far. (even at the same time, so they are multi-client) MIDI functionality is working too.

The fact that they're cross-platform (between Mac and Windows) means that if you happen to see one of these mixers in a club or what have you, you can plug and play with whatever computer you have and it should work. You might think this would be the case but for a while it wasn't. If I understand it correctly, Mac changed something in their OS, Allen and Heath released some new Mac drivers to fix it, and now A&H has also brought the Windows drivers up to be cross-compatible as well.

Good stuff.
onthe1 2:18 AM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
I am a little disappointed to see that not every post is metal.

I heard that this is to prevent noise. I don't know for sure if this is true, but I suspect it is because my Traktor S8, for example, has plastic pots in the mixer section but metal pots in the MIDI controller sections.
onthe1 2:26 AM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
The fact that they're cross-platform (between Mac and Windows) means that if you happen to see one of these mixers in a club or what have you, you can plug and play with whatever computer you have and it should work.

edit- Plug and Play may be the wrong expression. You still have to install the drivers.
Bornd Fono 4:17 AM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

We all do bro. :/
HellNegative1 8:02 PM - 17 January, 2019
Just open the software up to all interfaces. Paid hardware licensing is slowly going out the window anyway.
HellNegative1 8:02 PM - 17 January, 2019
In all industries, not just the DJ industry.
Bornd Fono 7:30 PM - 12 February, 2019
Quote:
Just open the software up to all interfaces.

It would be freaking awesome if that happens!
DJ Val-BKNY11203 8:08 PM - 12 February, 2019
Ya'll still beating the dead horse? They said it's not going to happen. Take your flagship mixer & move on. I thought some of you were going to Traktor since last year anyway. LOL
electro elvis 9:37 PM - 12 February, 2019
For any one that's interested, I use an A&H DB4 with SDJ, and it works like an absolute charm.
I guess I'm one of a small minority, a techno/house DJ that uses Serato (rather than CDJs or Traktor) and for many many years was a Xone 92 user alongside my trusty SL3.

When the Xone 96 was announced, I got in touch with a friend of a friend who works at A&H, and they very kindly loaned me a DB4 to try, as it works with SDJ, and I've been totally blown away.

The mixer took a bit of getting used to, and as I don't scratch I don't really care about the xfader cut point, but it sounds fantastic and the onboard effects and filters are like nothing else.

As well as using SDJ, I still spin a lot of real vinyl and having decent mixer with tempo sync'ed effects (including post fader echo) when playing vinyl has made a world of difference to me, and I'd go as far as saying has opened up a whole new style of mixing to me.

I'd love for the Xone 96 to get Serato support, simply because A&H and Serato are my two favourite DJ brands, and I recon it'd be a killer combo, but I'm a realist and if it doesn't make financial sense to both companies I guess it won't happen.
For anyone like me who was/is dreaming of a Xone96/SDJ setup, I would say to try out the DB4, not just in a store, but get one at home and stick at it for a few days, as it has a steep learning curve, but is well worth the effort. It's simply the most creative mixer I've ever used.
Bornd Fono 10:01 PM - 12 February, 2019
Quote:
if it doesn't make financial sense to both companies I guess it won't happen

Maybe one of the guys from Serato could tell how much cash would be needed for this deal and we crowdsource it? :D
electro elvis 11:07 PM - 12 February, 2019
I’m guessing thats confidential commercial information, and any figure is likely to be negotiated on a deal by deal basis, so I doubt anyone from Serato is going to answer that!
HellNegative1 6:31 PM - 13 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
if it doesn't make financial sense to both companies I guess it won't happen

Maybe one of the guys from Serato could tell how much cash would be needed for this deal and we crowdsource it? :D

I have brought this up before and nothing came from it.
Bornd Fono 6:52 PM - 13 February, 2019
Oh, sry. I didn't see that
blackavenger 6:47 AM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:
Take your flagship mixer & move on.

Oh, I did, and I couldn't really care less.
It was actually liberating to drop Serato after 14 years.

I do still like the forum though.
4tea 10:10 AM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:
I guess I'm one of a small minority, a techno/house DJ that uses Serato (rather than CDJs or Traktor) and for many many years was a Xone 92 user alongside my trusty SL3.

I'd love for the Xone 96 to get Serato support, simply because A&H and Serato are my two favourite DJ brands, and I recon it'd be a killer combo, but I'm a realist and if it doesn't make financial sense to both companies I guess it won't happen.

I can totally back this.

Except the crossfader part, I sometimes scratch (badly ^^) over some techno.
I'm curious does the DB4 sounds different than the 96/92 ?
Bornd Fono 11:29 AM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:

Quote:

Can you give a tipp what to checkout first? Traktor or Recordbox?
blackavenger 12:28 PM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Can you give a tipp what to checkout first? Traktor or Recordbox?

I like 'em both. Rekordbox is the most like Serato, but Traktor is more stable in my opinion. Try 'em both out. See which one you prefer. I have been leaning toward Rekordbox, myself. I already have NXS2 decks and primarily use Rekordbox Library software (USB Sticks), so I am already familiar/comfortable with the workflow.
Bornd Fono 1:37 PM - 14 February, 2019
Thanks!
electro elvis 8:17 AM - 19 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I can totally back this.

I love the sound of the DB4, it definitely has the ‘A&H’ family sound, but also is it’s own thing. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect, but for me personally, it’s quirks are more than made up for by the end results I am getting from it
Rebelguy 7:01 PM - 19 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can totally back this.

I love the sound of the DB4, it definitely has the ‘A&H’ family sound, but also is it’s own thing. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect, but for me personally, it’s quirks are more than made up for by the end results I am getting from it

Is the DB4 currently working with Serato DJ Pro and Mojave? Is A&H still updating the drivers? I am still considering one but don’t want to be stranded on an older oS that doesn’t work with future MBPs.
CanaroMix 12:14 AM - 20 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can totally back this.

Is the DB4 currently working with Serato DJ Pro and Mojave? Is A&H still updating the drivers? I am still considering one but don’t want to be stranded on an older oS that doesn’t work with future MBPs.

Xone:DB4 Mac Device Software V3311_4 (Jan 2019)
macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS High Sierra (10.13), macOS Sierra (10.12)
Vinny Crates 10:52 AM - 9 April, 2019
Anny news on this??
Bornd Fono 6:07 AM - 10 April, 2019
Sadly: no.
Vinny Crates 9:11 PM - 23 April, 2019
Hmm so i stuck up with an Sl box or similar? The Box will pick up the signal instead of the xone96 soundcard... ? If so.. which sound signal is better??
Bornd Fono 11:35 AM - 24 April, 2019
I guess the internal soundcard is better than any SL box... but since we can not route the serato audio through it... we can not compare it directly.

I am doing the transition to traktor at the moment (takes some work but seems the right step) since serato is sleeping on the 96 (and a lot of other things too... they prefer to put their work into a DAW nobody asked for instead of fixing problems with their main product it seems...).
roy rohypnol 2:11 PM - 25 April, 2019
Can't believe they're not supporting this brilliant mixer. What a joke..
roy rohypnol 5:11 PM - 1 May, 2019
Managed to pick up a 96 today. Blown away!! Was sceptical about lack of serato support and being made in China as opposed to Rane made in USA, BUT it's phenomenal!! Screw serato support its that good, really nice chunky analogue sound and built really, really well, very happy!! If you're on the fence, get off it and grab one!!
dj_soo 12:59 AM - 2 May, 2019
A&H has been made in China for years now - ever since the 2nd batch of 92s hit the market like 10 years ago.

A&H was also never manufactured in the USA - it's a british company and when it was in-house, it was always british made.
HellNegative1 3:07 AM - 2 May, 2019
Quote:
A&H has been made in China for years now - ever since the 2nd batch of 92s hit the market like 10 years ago.

A&H was also never manufactured in the USA - it's a british company and when it was in-house, it was always british made.

I think he/she was comparing to Rane maybe?
dj_soo 3:30 AM - 2 May, 2019
Made in Taiwan Rane has been pretty good for me - almost a year on the 72 and the only problem I have had was solved by replacing the usb cable.

I find it funny how some people shit all over chinese manufacturing yet turn around and insist that everyone should be using Macbook Pros - which are also made in China.

This isn't the 80s and 90s anymore, there's quality manufacturing in China that can be found - just like there's shitty manufacturing in the states.
roy rohypnol 6:53 AM - 2 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I think he/she was comparing to Rane maybe?

Yeah, that was what I meant.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:49 PM - 2 May, 2019
Quote:
Made in Taiwan Rane has been pretty good for me - almost a year on the 72 and the only problem I have had was solved by replacing the usb cable.

I find it funny how some people shit all over chinese manufacturing yet turn around and insist that everyone should be using Macbook Pros - which are also made in China.

This isn't the 80s and 90s anymore, there's quality manufacturing in China that can be found - just like there's shitty manufacturing in the states.

Uninformed Sheeple. They would be surprised the amount of items they use that is made in China.
Caley Martin 3:26 PM - 5 May, 2019
Maybe we can garner some “Customer Driven” feedback regarding the lack of 96 club kit support and change their minds. 🤣
Bornd Fono 7:17 PM - 7 May, 2019
This forum, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube... I have seen people asking for 96 support across all important platforms the internet. Serato staff MUST have recognized this if they are not blind... so I think we have done all we can for this. Eighter they will make this happen or not (due to their reason). I moved to Traktor cause of this and I am totally happy with this decision... so I almost do not care anymore (but would wish it for the rest of you guys to happen)
DJ Val-BKNY11203 7:31 PM - 7 May, 2019
Quote:
This forum, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube... I have seen people asking for 96 support across all important platforms the internet. Serato staff MUST have recognized this if they are not blind... so I think we have done all we can for this. Eighter they will make this happen or not (due to their reason). I moved to Traktor cause of this and I am totally happy with this decision... so I almost do not care anymore (but would wish it for the rest of you guys to happen)

If you have moved on to Traktor. Leave it alone already. Go to their board and complain about Serato there.
HellNegative1 5:52 PM - 8 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

If you have moved on to Traktor. Leave it alone already. Go to their board and complain about Serato there.

Maybe he only uses Traktor, since he wants to use this hardware so badly. Maybe he really doesn't like Traktor and would love to switch back to Serato, but loves the 96 more? Otherwise, why would he be posting here still.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 7:55 PM - 8 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I moved to Traktor cause of this and I am totally happy with this decision... so I almost do not care anymore (but would wish it for the rest of you guys to happen)

Maybe he only uses Traktor, since he wants to use this hardware so badly. Maybe he really doesn't like Traktor and would love to switch back to Serato, but loves the 96 more? Otherwise, why would he be posting here still.

Well seeing that he says he is TOTALLY happy with the decision....
HellNegative1 5:32 PM - 9 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I moved to Traktor cause of this and I am totally happy with this decision... so I almost do not care anymore (but would wish it for the rest of you guys to happen)

Well seeing that he says he is TOTALLY happy with the decision....

Tell me you've never broken up with a girl, told everyone you were doing okay, but inside you were completely torn.
Bornd Fono 5:40 PM - 9 May, 2019
Quote:

Well... I have been a heavy Serato user for almost 10 years now and I even though I moved on to another software platform I am still (and probably will be for some time in the future - you don't lose interest over night after such a long time of intense use) interested in the changes & evolution of serato - so I come and check this forum every few weeks.

What's wrong with that @DJ Val? Why are you so full of agression towards other people (I noticed in various posts from you across this forum)?

Is it so hard for you to let other people do their things if what they are doing is not 100% conform to your mindset?
HellNegative1 2:26 AM - 10 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Well... I have been a heavy Serato user for almost 10 years now and I even though I moved on to another software platform I am still (and probably will be for some time in the future - you don't lose interest over night after such a long time of intense use) interested in the changes & evolution of serato - so I come and check this forum every few weeks.

What's wrong with that @DJ Val? Why are you so full of agression towards other people (I noticed in various posts from you across this forum)?

Is it so hard for you to let other people do their things if what they are doing is not 100% conform to your mindset?

I'm blaming it on pent up sexual frustration.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:45 AM - 10 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

If what I said to you was aggression you clearly have bigger problems.
DJ JulioYEG 7:12 AM - 10 May, 2019
Quote:
Tell me you've never broken up with a girl, told everyone you were doing okay, but inside you were completely torn.

just fuck her friend and burn the bridge no need to tell anyone anything. actions speak louder than words.
ninjagaijin 3:02 PM - 10 May, 2019
Weird question .. any parts of the Xone 96 that could/might be worth trying to mod into a Xone 92?
ninjagaijin 3:04 PM - 10 May, 2019
Or, any recommended mods for the Xone 92?

Going to get my PSU recapped and modded with heatsinks and possibly a fan, was thinking while in there might try to remove the LFO or LED light tap tempo in order to try to remove the pop noises from the LED lights (very faint noise). Maybe some sort of filter / LFO section toggle switch? Would be awesome to entirely remove it from the circuit in order to just record through the mixer without added noise.

I could just get a phono pre tho lol. So mostly looking at performance improvements.

Was thinking of getting a PNP2 and innojuster mebbe..
Bornd Fono 6:56 PM - 10 May, 2019
Quote:
Or, any recommended mods for the Xone 92?

If you are an open format and use the crossfader for scratching & stuff, then the upgrade to an Innofader is definitely worth it. I put an Innofader Pro 2 in my 92 and absolutely love it (but other Innofaders will do fine too, you don't have to go straight for the flagship one. There is a compatibility list which faders fit on the Innofader website.)

Innojuster: Hm... you know what it does. Decide if it is of any use for you and would improve your workflow. That's totally up to you and the way you work with the 92...

On Facebook in one of the Xone groups, a user asked if it was possible to put the phono-preamps of the 96 into the 92 and Alexander Zinn (Product Specialist of A&H for the Xone series) said that this was not possible - so I fear this is not an option for a mod.
roy rohypnol 9:50 PM - 6 July, 2019
Oi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the support??!!!!!!???!!!!!!!!!!
Caley Martin 5:22 PM - 10 July, 2019
Quote:
Oi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the support??!!!!!!???!!!!!!!!!!

Coming soon in 2024 with Serato DJ Pro 3.1.1.4.
roy rohypnol 6:09 PM - 10 July, 2019
Bit like the db4 support then...
HellNegative1 6:51 PM - 10 July, 2019
Quote:

SeratoDJ does work with the DB4. It worked with mine, at least.
Rebelguy 2:29 AM - 11 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

SeratoDJ does work with the DB4. It worked with mine, at least.

I think he meant that it took 5+ years for the DB4 to be certified.
dj_soo 4:14 AM - 11 July, 2019
A&H have always had a weird relationship with Serato I've always thought. Back when Itch converted to DJ, every Itch controller got Serato support except for the Xone:DX for some reason.
KC1 8:28 AM - 12 July, 2019
I'm starting to lose hope :/
roy rohypnol 9:43 AM - 12 July, 2019
I don't think it will happen either to be honest.
Caley Martin 3:57 PM - 12 July, 2019
Who knows, they might surprise... eventually. As long as we keep the conversation alive, perhaps it may make a difference. Clearly, 200+ messages later there is persistent user interest.
HellNegative1 1:50 AM - 18 July, 2019
Quote:
Who knows, they might surprise... eventually. As long as we keep the conversation alive, perhaps it may make a difference. Clearly, 200+ messages later there is persistent user interest.

I have noticed that persistent user interest does not always lead to implementation. I would be happier to see a paid option to use Serato (even though I have already been paying monthly to use Serato) on all audio interfaces. Traktor did it. Rekordbox did it. When is Serato going to make the jump?
Caley Martin 3:06 AM - 18 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
When is Serato going to make the jump?

With persistent user interest. ;)

But in all seriousness, I agree with that. Would make things much easier for the end user to select the hardware they want to use the software with.
KC1 8:19 AM - 18 July, 2019
Let's be honest, it all comes down to lack of communication in the industry and greed.
4tea 9:39 AM - 21 July, 2019
Quote:
I would be happier to see a paid option to use Serato ?

Great idea, count me in.
HellNegative1 6:58 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I would be happier to see a paid option to use Serato ?

Great idea, count me in.

I already pay for Serato. Still can't use it with other gear.
blackavenger 7:03 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I would be happier to see a paid option to use Serato?

Great idea, count me in.

I already pay for Serato. Still can't use it with other gear.

Yeah, I think some peeps are confused. We are asking Serato to add "Club Kit" support for the Xone:96, which requires buying a license & a plugin....hence, paying for access.

*Rekordbox & Traktor are going to leave Serato behind in their blanketed support for a multitude of hardware. Serato really are dropping the ball w' continuing to wall themselves off in a closed system.
DJ Tecniq 9:33 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
*Rekordbox & Traktor are going to leave Serato behind in their blanketed support for a multitude of hardware. Serato really are dropping the ball w' continuing to wall themselves off in a closed system.
Not true it is rumored a ddj1000srt will be released in August for Serato. I don’t believe the relationship with Pioneer/Serato gear has ended yet. Pioneer knows well that Serato is the leading software let’s not forgot Serato software has been around much longer than Rekordbox.
popnwave 5:57 PM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:

Is the 96 supported by Rekordbox?
Clubber1970 6:36 PM - 24 July, 2019
Officially not, but should work. My DB2 works with RB perfectly.
Rebelguy 7:57 PM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Officially not, but should work. My DB2 works with RB perfectly.

How does this work? I have never used rekordbox. Do you just select your DB2 within the software?
Mr. Goodkat 8:08 PM - 24 July, 2019
rb is just open, works with any mixer
Quote:
Quote:
Officially not, but should work. My DB2 w
Quote:
How does this work? I have never used rekordbox. Do you just select your DB2 within the software?

yep, very easy
Clubber1970 8:16 PM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
rb is just open, works with any mixer
Quote:
Quote:
Officially not, but should work. My DB2 w
Quote:

yep, very easy

Yes, just select the soundcard within the settings and assign the channels. RB is open for every soundcard.
popnwave 8:20 PM - 24 July, 2019
I know you can select it as an ASIO device.. I've never seen anyone using RB with it which is why I asked after it was used as an example against Serato.

If anyone had any youtube clips or anything of people using it for anything other than a standalone or Traktor mixer I'd love to see.
Clubber1970 8:32 PM - 24 July, 2019
Well, I use it very often with my DB2, XDJs, DDJ-XP1 and my TTs. No problems so far....
Bornd Fono 10:07 PM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Rekordbox & Traktor are going to leave Serato behind in their blanketed support for a multitude of hardware. Serato really are dropping the ball w' continuing to wall themselves off in a closed system.

Word.
blackavenger 5:18 PM - 26 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Not true it is rumored a ddj1000srt will be released in August for Serato. I don’t believe the relationship with Pioneer/Serato gear has ended yet. Pioneer knows well that Serato is the leading software let’s not forgot Serato software has been around much longer than Rekordbox.

Even though your comment didn't really pertain to what i was talking about, this still intrigued me. Then I saw this last night......

i.redd.it
johnhamelink 9:16 PM - 24 November, 2019
I also moved to Traktor once I found out the 96 wasn't getting support. It's annoying and a shame because I invested in Pro, P'nT DJ, Flip, and DVS, while I was using my DB4. Unfortunately the DB4 integration for Serato sucked (the DB4 would freeze up after some time and would require a complete power cycle to be recognised by serato again).

I'm using Traktor now, and it's OK, but I do miss Serato.
4tea 10:31 PM - 24 November, 2019
Quote:
It's annoying and a shame because I invested in Pro, P'nT DJ, Flip, and DVS, while I was using my previous

I do miss Serato.

Haven't made the move (yet?), but I do share all your opinions as well as your experiences.

I mostly use small media storage at venues now.
As less and less hardware is supported
It's so frustrating. I fully committed to Serato as the club kit released.

I think Serato could grow their market if they target the Techno-House-Ambient scene.

Pitch and time is great and not only for routines but for creative mixing too.
The FX packs are fun.
And flip is an interesting tool.

Last but not least serato always sounded gorgeous as I recall.

The 96 warmth and serato...
Dang I should stop, I'm only hurting myself :P
Bornd Fono 1:41 AM - 25 November, 2019
Recordbox has been growing strong in a very quick development over the last few years and I see a lot of new people entering the game directly starting with Recordbox DJ instead of looking into Serato or Traktor... PLUS the standalone hardware seems to be affordable for more and more people since all-in-one units bring this feature to a decent price (a few years ago you had to buy the full Pioneer CDJ + DJM rig).

I see tough times for Serato ahead. It will be harder for them as it was in the past to get new people starting with djing to attract them with their software. If they continue to keep losing long-time users by not giving them features which their community is requesting for 6+ years and instead ignore all the voices by their users and instead continue to build big software projects like Serato Studio (which only very few people wished for) - well, then they might have to learn this lesson the hard way.

I have transitioned to Traktor for most gigs and only use Serato once in a while, even though I dj for a living with 100+ gigs per year. The fact that I had to do this to use my Xone 96 after being a power Serato user for close to 10 years really makes me sad.

As 4tea said:

Quote:
HellNegative1 2:30 AM - 26 November, 2019
Quote:
Recordbox has been growing strong in a very quick development over the last few years and I see a lot of new people entering the game directly starting with Recordbox DJ instead of looking into Serato or Traktor... PLUS the standalone hardware seems to be affordable for more and more people since all-in-one units bring this feature to a decent price (a few years ago you had to buy the full Pioneer CDJ + DJM rig).

I see tough times for Serato ahead. It will be harder for them as it was in the past to get new people starting with djing to attract them with their software. If they continue to keep losing long-time users by not giving them features which their community is requesting for 6+ years and instead ignore all the voices by their users and instead continue to build big software projects like Serato Studio (which only very few people wished for) - well, then they might have to learn this lesson the hard way.

I have transitioned to Traktor for most gigs and only use Serato once in a while, even though I dj for a living with 100+ gigs per year. The fact that I had to do this to use my Xone 96 after being a power Serato user for close to 10 years really makes me sad.

As 4tea said:

Quote:

SeratoDj is only one part of the company as a whole. I agree with these statements to an extent. However, Serato still is the best for DVS use. The future of deejaying is in standalone hardware (circuit board computing is beyond cheap now). The laptop will see its way out of the DJ booth. Even track prep on the personal computer will be out as more and more focus goes into mobile and tablet development.
Bornd Fono 6:36 PM - 4 February, 2020
Quote:
The laptop will see its way out of the DJ booth.

For simple 2-Deck-mixing + a little effect stuff going on: definitely!

For more complex setups: I don't think so. I think the big DJ platforms will support vst plugins for effects in the very near future and will (with integrated step sequencers) come closer to a DAW feeling... and for THIS I still see the benefits of laptops in the booth.
n4Sphere 7:05 PM - 4 February, 2020
if you are right serato will learn something from their studio software. so maybe we see a serato producer suite for making beats and mixing. i do miss the ableton integration in scratch live. was a nice idea.
Mr. Goodkat 8:42 PM - 4 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

For more complex setups: I don't think so. I think the big DJ platforms will support vst plugins for effects in the very near future and will (with integrated step sequencers) come closer to a DAW feeling... and for THIS I still see the benefits of laptops in the booth.

it would be so nice if serato dj would have a version that took out its efx, streamlined it, and let users use vst/au 3rd party efx.

I dont would be THE future of djing but one could be one iteration of the future of djing
HellNegative1 1:16 PM - 5 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Standalone seems to be the trend with music production as well. Thanks to developments on the RPi sbc's, hardware vst hosts are a thing now. It won't be long until there is DAW specific hardware on the market as well.

We already had a DJ software that supported VST's. Deckadance was ahead of its time for this, but this alone as the rest of the software was garbage.
Bornd Fono 3:53 PM - 5 February, 2020
I think Native Instruments will be the first player to bring this.

Serato is not able to fullfill 6-8 years old requests of their user base for basic stuff which every other player on the market has included since their very early versions... so personally: I see Serato far behind and don't think they will be ahead and leading the market any time soon (sooooo much to catch up first).
dj_soo 5:14 PM - 5 February, 2020
Native instruments has the same problem as serato. People have been constantly requesting things like smart crates, library improvements, and dynamic beatgrids in traktor for 8+ years as well and they just ignore it.

Pioneer, while they tend to just ignore their customer base for hardware (the xz really should have been 4 channel standalone), they do seem to improve rekordbox dj on the software side regularly, but how much of that is them just still trying to get in line with their competitors and how much is them actually listening to their customers is up for debate.
HellNegative1 6:55 PM - 5 February, 2020
Quote:
I think Native Instruments will be the first player to bring this.

Serato is not able to fullfill 6-8 years old requests of their user base for basic stuff which every other player on the market has included since their very early versions... so personally: I see Serato far behind and don't think they will be ahead and leading the market any time soon (sooooo much to catch up first).

I partially agree. There are requests which have been left out. That aside, Serato, to this day, is the most stable DVS platform on the market and will run on pretty much anything. I still see people rocking Serato on decade+ old laptops without issues. Simply can't do that with Traktor (2 or 3) and Rekordbox DVS.

If anyone was to take DVS to the next level, it would be the team over at Serato. NI's DJ division has been running on fumes for some time now. NI's focus is where their bread and butter is, production software and sample libraries.
KC1 7:57 PM - 5 February, 2020
I agree with serato probably being the solid choice for DVS but I would still like to hook up my turntables to a serato built all in one even if it was just a large touchscreen built into the mixer.
KC1 7:59 PM - 5 February, 2020
But before they do that I will settle for the Xone being certified.

C'mon Serato
blackavenger 11:19 PM - 5 February, 2020
Quote:
I still see people rocking Serato on decade+ old laptops without issues. Simply can't do that with Traktor (2 or 3)

Since I was forced out of using Serato, I have been using Traktor Pro 3. It has been pretty 'effing stable on my 2012 Macbook Pro. That's w' Remix Decks, EFX, NXS2 HID, linking to Ableton Live, etc.. Granted my 2012 is not 10+ years old, but it's still a far cry from the power of a (modern) 2019 Macbook Pro.

Quote:
But before they do that I will settle for the Xone being certified.

Ha! Yeah, I suppose that is the point of this thread. Maybe if we wait 4 years Serato will finally support the X96. That's how long it took them to support the DB4.
HellNegative1 1:09 PM - 6 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
I still see people rocking Serato on decade+ old laptops without issues. Simply can't do that with Traktor (2 or 3)

Since I was forced out of using Serato, I have been using Traktor Pro 3. It has been pretty 'effing stable on my 2012 Macbook Pro. That's w' Remix Decks, EFX, NXS2 HID, linking to Ableton Live, etc.. Granted my 2012 is not 10+ years old, but it's still a far cry from the power of a (modern) 2019 Macbook Pro.

OSX is also world's more stable than Windows. ;-)
KC1 1:41 PM - 6 February, 2020
I think this thread has gone way off-topic.
Bornd Fono 1:59 PM - 6 February, 2020
Quote:
OSX is also world's more stable than Windows. ;-)

That was the case in the Windows XP days... the gap has pretty much closed nowadays if you have the right settings in Windows.

Quote:
I think this thread has gone way off-topic.

You are right.

@Serato: ?
roy rohypnol 12:32 AM - 7 February, 2020
Seriously... Serato pull your finger out and get the Xone 96 supported!!
KC1 4:02 AM - 18 February, 2020
Nice to see Dennis Cruz now rocking the Xone 96 - youtu.be
KC1 12:43 AM - 4 March, 2020
BuMp!

Keep the faith Xone 96'ers :)
Bornd Fono 2:51 PM - 4 March, 2020
I doubt that we will see specific support for the 96 - Serato is just too fatuous to see the need / their benefits and the business relation between A&H and Serato just not good enough.

The only chance for this to happen is if Serato finally decides to leave their bubble and open the software to all audio interfaces like Traktor and RB did... which I really hope they do, cause they have already lost a lot of customers due to this (mostly in the direction of RB as I witnessed) and I see this trend going onward until they start being what they claim to be (customer driven) instead of ignoring their customers like they did the last years.
KC1 3:20 PM - 4 March, 2020
Anyone recommend a good effects reverb, delay etc pedal I was thinking of getting a Eventide TimeFactor to use with the Xone 96.
Bornd Fono 5:58 PM - 4 March, 2020
I went back and forward with the thought of getting an Eventide H9 when I got my 96... but I went for VSTs or stock effects of Ableton Live for the moment since I could imagine that there is a successor of the H9 on the horizont soon - so I decided to wait for that.

But if you want something now... the H9 is still a kickass device. It has the TimeFactor effects you seem to look for plus a lot of other cool stuff!
Bornd Fono 5:59 PM - 4 March, 2020
Mojaxx of DJ City did a solid review on YT about the H9
HellNegative1 7:47 PM - 4 March, 2020
Quote:
I doubt that we will see specific support for the 96 - Serato is just too fatuous to see the need / their benefits and the business relation between A&H and Serato just not good enough.

The only chance for this to happen is if Serato finally decides to leave their bubble and open the software to all audio interfaces like Traktor and RB did... which I really hope they do, cause they have already lost a lot of customers due to this (mostly in the direction of RB as I witnessed) and I see this trend going onward until they start being what they claim to be (customer driven) instead of ignoring their customers like they did the last years.

Ive said this tons of times over the past few years. You are correct about Deejays leaving Serato for RB. Serato, in its current business model, will end up being left to the bedroom beginner deejays, wedding deejays, and DVS users.
KC1 8:57 PM - 4 March, 2020
Quote:
Mojaxx of DJ City did a solid review on YT about the H9

I've looked at it but I'm not sure on limiting workflow to only one knob/dial. I prefer the more analogue approach of several knobs for each effect.

I'm also tempted by the Mooer Ocean Machine Delay Reverb & Looper Pedal

It looks great value for the money - Watchwww.youtube.com
n4Sphere 9:16 PM - 4 March, 2020
i was or am looking also at the H9 but i hope like @bornd fondo a new version is coming within the next month or so. or maybe another company creates some fx units for xone mixers.
n4Sphere 9:27 PM - 4 March, 2020
Quote:

man this would be a dream come true if serato opens to all interfaces, but then the software needs to cost something.

it's just said for a once leading company not supporting one of the best mixers out there.
spirOne 9:31 PM - 4 March, 2020
Check out source audio nemesis delay if you like the analog approach.
www.sourceaudio.net

The rhythmic options and the amount of adjustments available is really nice
I love mine, but it can be a bit many possibilities . . .
popnwave 9:51 PM - 4 March, 2020
Quote:
Ive said this tons of times over the past few years. You are correct about Deejays leaving Serato for RB. Serato, in its current business model, will end up being left to the bedroom beginner deejays, wedding deejays, and DVS users.

I hope they are watching the shitshow in the Pioneer forums right now. And the mysterious change that is coming with Rekordbox 6.x that everyone is mum on. But they can always stay on 5.x.x I guess..
n4Sphere 9:59 PM - 4 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I hope they are watching the shitshow in the Pioneer forums right now. And the mysterious change that is coming with Rekordbox 6.x that everyone is mum on. But they can always stay on 5.x.x I guess..

whats happening on the pioneer forum?
KC1 2:10 AM - 5 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rekordbox -

“Thank you for using our services. Due to upcoming changes to the service system, sales of the current version of rekordbox will soon end. Please consider delaying your purchase until the new service system is available.

* rekordbox ver. 5 will still be usable after the new system becomes available”
KC1 2:12 AM - 5 March, 2020
Most likely a new streaming subscription service via Rekordbox 6.
dj_soo 4:36 AM - 5 March, 2020
There are several references to “migrating” to a “service based” model both between the rb6 announcement and recent quotes from their parent company after the sale.

The big worry is that they’re going to pull a photoshop and make their software subscription based only since that seems to be the trend in software these days.
dj_soo 6:11 AM - 5 March, 2020
Quote:

Except by all accounts - including pioneer's - the 1000SRT is their most successful product launch in recent memory and massacred the sales numbers of the cheaper, better integrated RB DDJ 1000. So much so that it drove Pioneer right back to having their gear be compatible with both Serato and RB instead of the separated units as evidenced by both the XP2 and the XZ coming out back to back.
Hanginon 8:02 AM - 5 March, 2020
From Digital DJ Tips 2020 Survey of 35,000+ people -

"As we mentioned earler, Rekordbox is a big winner in software (up 12%, actually), with Traktor notably falling back. But we also saw a 21% increase in djay for iOS: It has a long free period on its new subscription model, though, so it will be interesting to guess from next year’s results how many of those people Algoriddim has converted to actual payers."
KC1 1:02 PM - 5 March, 2020
If they make all rekordbox services now sub only once 6 is released rendering all full licences useless for rekordbox 6 onwards then what a scam. I really hate the Pioneer business model.
HellNegative1 1:43 PM - 5 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I had this message pop up two updates ago. Updated Rekordbox 2 times since. Still no RB6. Starting to think it's dead until after the new acquisition is completed.
Chino 3:01 PM - 5 March, 2020
Quote:
Except by all accounts - including Pioneer's - the 1000SRT is their most successful product launch in recent memory and massacred the sales numbers of the cheaper, better integrated RB DDJ 1000. So much so that it drove Pioneer right back to having their gear be compatible with both Serato and RB instead of the separated units as evidenced by both the XP2 and the XZ coming out back to back.

THIS!!^ I hope the new owners of Pioneer will continue this trend.

I would like to see a 4 channel completely standalone version of the XZ & a DDJ-1000 MK2 sampler in the near future!!
HellNegative1 4:09 PM - 5 March, 2020
I somehow missed the XP2. It has a $90 Serato tax on it and it's an add on controller. Is there anything that this controller does that can not be mapped to the XP1?
Bornd Fono 4:14 PM - 5 March, 2020
Since the mapping for the controller is done by Serato themselfs, there are a few minor things they have mapped which is not possible to map yourself, since they don't share the whole set of XML MIDI commands (and even less is possible via GUI mapping).

But this only comes to weight if you are turntablist or a user with in-depths needs of almost every function the XP2 offers... and since the command line for silent cue leaked, you can even map this yourself when using the XP1 or another controller.
KC1 7:25 PM - 5 March, 2020
How long is left with the Pioneer DJ / Serato Deal?

Pretty sure Pioneer DJ won't be renewing it once over. They will concentrate on RB.

Then how long till 'InMusic' burst serato's bubble and make all future Denon / Rane / Numark engine prime compatible.

Who's gonna be left making hardware for Serato then once all the big players move on ..

Future looks bleak for serato.
Caley Martin 8:59 PM - 5 March, 2020
Quote:

Pretty sure Pioneer DJ won't be renewing it once over. They will concentrate on RB.

Then how long till 'InMusic' burst serato's bubble and make all future Denon / Rane / Numark engine prime compatible.

Who's gonna be left making hardware for Serato then once all the big players move on ..

... don't worry A&H will be there in the end when we finally get xone:96 support in 2035 after the xone:296 is out. LOL.
HellNegative1 9:24 PM - 5 March, 2020
Quote:

Thats actually a good question. While InMusic hasn't hinted at DVS for Engine yet, they have hinted at Engine Prime as DJ Software in the Denon forums.
dj_soo 9:31 PM - 5 March, 2020
Quote:

What deal? There was never a time frame as far as i knew.

Pioneer already tried cutting serato out by going the two product lines and it failed miserably - that's why they gave up on it with the xp2 and the XZ.
KC1 9:56 PM - 5 March, 2020
I thought a deal was struck for them (Pioneer) to release hardware for serato. About 8 years ago ..
popnwave 10:37 PM - 5 March, 2020
Lots of the Mandela Effect going on in here now.
Pepehouse 1:04 AM - 6 March, 2020
It's actually the oposite, Pioneer still needs Serato for selling his controllers as they have shown making the latest double compatible, rekordbox is crap but it's used because it's free with the toys and Traktor is in free falling. Even like that Serato still wins hands down because it remains the most plug and play, best sounding and reliable among the big three and they actually hear and fix bugs from time to time.

I'm not a fan boy, not saying things won't change, everything goes fast but I believe that in the future almost everybody that djs with a computer will use Serato, Denon and Pioneer will be making standalone devices which is gonna be the next logical trend.
KC1 1:40 AM - 6 March, 2020
I thought Pioneer made the deal back in 2012 for 10 year agreement to do exclusive hardware for serato.

It was long time ago but always was in my mind that the pioneer/serato hardware would eventually be up for review.

Maybe I remember wrong .. Or maybe I'm right we'll see over the new year or so ..
HellNegative1 1:11 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
I thought Pioneer made the deal back in 2012 for 10 year agreement to do exclusive hardware for serato.

It was long time ago but always was in my mind that the pioneer/serato hardware would eventually be up for review.

Maybe I remember wrong .. Or maybe I'm right we'll see over the new year or so ..

You are remembering a re-occurring rumor that pops up from time to time. So far, a Serato or Pioneer rep have yet to either confirm or discount it, so it just keeps popping up constantly.
KC1 3:19 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
Pioneer already tried cutting serato out by going the two product lines and it failed miserably - that's why they gave up on it with the xp2 and the XZ.

They never though it was not like that. They simply just started to release hardware solely for their own eco-system, they still continued to release hardware for serato which has evolved recently in its last few 'controller' releases being compatible with both serato and rekordbox.

I expect that to continue for the next 2 years (per unconfirmed 2012 rumour-mill) ..

Pioneer / Rekordbox has slowly been building and building its eco-system around rekordbox now as the main competitor to serato over the last 5 years and if that old rumour is true then the next 2 years we will see Pioneer break-away and solely concentrate within their own rekordbox eco-system pushing it as the main rival to serato.

The old saying is "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." ..
KC1 6:59 PM - 6 March, 2020
Quote:
Lots of the Mandela Effect going on in here now.

Yeah, your 2012 memory of serato - I showed you in the other thread the bases of that argument.

If you honestly believe deals are not made between serato and companies making hardware licenced for use with the software and that those deals don't have expiry dates, start dates, agreements and conditions then you obviously have no idea how retail and business work.

Pioneer played it's cards back in 2012 and over the last 8 years we have seen what was dealt.
Soon it will be time to reshuffle and deal again and when that time comes I'm really not sure that serato will even be part of Pioneers game any-more.
Hanginon 3:46 AM - 7 March, 2020
Just the facts, ma'am -
djworx.com
KC1 1:32 PM - 7 March, 2020
It's so obvious they are now looking to part and push everything with RB6.
Hanginon 3:11 PM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:

Wouldn't you?

The Digital DJ Tips Survey I referenced now has Rekordbox in second place, still behind Serato, but now far ahead of Traktor/VDJ who are in third. However, what is really significant is how quickly they did this!
KC1 3:29 PM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

The Digital DJ Tips Survey I referenced now has Rekordbox in second place, still behind Serato, but now far ahead of Traktor/VDJ who are in third. However, what is really significant is how quickly they did this!

Quote:
The old saying is "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." ..

And its what I am getting at - Pioneer DJ / Rekordbox are clearly getting ready for the push to leave serato behind.
KC1 3:34 PM - 7 March, 2020
I doubt once 2022 comes we will ever see a new serato only hardware release from Pioneer DJ again.
Bornd Fono 4:51 PM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
I doubt once 2022 comes we will ever see a new serato only hardware release from Pioneer DJ again.

If you are right then it's even more incomprehensible that Serato is not taking steps to build relationships with other established hardware manufakturers like A&H to secure their fundament in the market when they lose their partner & big player Pioneer DJ.
Hanginon 5:07 PM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

If you are right then it's even more incomprehensible that Serato is not taking steps to build relationships with other established hardware manufakturers like A&H to secure their fundament in the market when they lose their partner & big player Pioneer DJ.

Either that, or break away from a Licensing Model that REQUIRES a Sound Card "Dongle" (external or internal in a controller) to Activate the software.
KC1 6:59 PM - 7 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Either that, or break away from a Licensing Model that REQUIRES a Sound Card "Dongle" (external or internal in a controller) to Activate the software.

Both superb points.
KC1 7:54 PM - 7 March, 2020
I can see serato knocking on Allen & Heath's door in a few years and saying "hey how about we certify the Xone 96 for free."
dj_soo 2:40 AM - 8 March, 2020
Quote:

People have been saying this since like 2017
DJ JulioYEG 2:50 AM - 8 March, 2020
lol just wait for pioneer to anounce a big one. I was told some info last night just wait for it in the coming months..
KC1 3:16 AM - 8 March, 2020
DDJ 1000SRT was probably the last ever serato only release you will see from Pioneer DJ.

Everything now will be dual serato / rekordbox now till they phase serato out completely.
KC1 3:24 AM - 8 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

People have been saying this since like 2017

DDJ 1000SRT was probably the last ever serato only release you will see from Pioneer DJ.

DDJ XP2 / XDJ RZ are cross platform and conveniently for RB all functions of the controllers are 100% and though they support serato too only 90% is functional. That's the trend Pioneer will push till eventually phasing serato out completely imo.
dj_soo 8:21 PM - 8 March, 2020
again, people have been saying this since the first rekordbox controllers dropped.

Pioneer will continue working with Serato as long as they make money. Given the popularity of the 1000SRT, that's not going to change anytime soon.
KC1 8:39 PM - 8 March, 2020
I'm not sure that business model would be what is best for RB6 though and at some point what's best for RB6 will be need to be pushed.

- They haven't built it up over the last 6 years just to continue feeding the competition thus slowing down the growth.

They've come a long way with rekordbox, and they won't stop till it's #1 - they did not create the software and put all this hard work in just to play second fiddle to serato.
KC1 4:02 AM - 9 March, 2020
Quote:

[img]i.imgur.com[/img]

Confirmation they're about to screw over everyone who purchased a rekordbox licence.
dj_soo 9:31 AM - 9 March, 2020
Quote:
I'm not sure that business model would be what is best for RB6 though and at some point what's best for RB6 will be need to be pushed.

- They haven't built it up over the last 6 years just to continue feeding the competition thus slowing down the growth.

They've come a long way with rekordbox, and they won't stop till it's #1 - they did not create the software and put all this hard work in just to play second fiddle to serato.

Sure, but they aren't going to arbitrarily just cut off serato in the next year or two like people have been saying for the last 5 or 6 years now.

Again, the Serato pioneer controllers are still among the best selling items in their whole catalogue. They probably want to phase them out and the beginner controller in the DJ400 is doing a lot to get a new generation hooked from the start, but between the popularity of serato and the looming fear of a subscription-only model for RB6, I don't think Pioneer and Serato are separating anytime soon.
KC1 12:48 PM - 9 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Sure, but they aren't going to arbitrarily just cut off serato in the next year or two like people have been saying for the last 5 or 6 years now.

Again, the Serato pioneer controllers are still among the best selling items in their whole catalogue. They probably want to phase them out and the beginner controller in the DJ400 is doing a lot to get a new generation hooked from the start, but between the popularity of serato and the looming fear of a subscription-only model for RB6, I don't think Pioneer and Serato are separating anytime soon.

I appreciate your opinion but I beg to differ and think we've already seen the start of a slow separation and joint controllers which are fully operational with rekordbox and only 90% operational with serato is all we will see now.
HellNegative1 4:28 PM - 9 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I appreciate your opinion but I beg to differ and think we've already seen the start of a slow separation and joint controllers which are fully operational with rekordbox and only 90% operational with serato is all we will see now.

I do agree with you partially. We still have yet to see what happens with the XZ. However, the DDJ1000 for Serato costs more (due to the Serato Tax) than the Rekordbox version of the same contoller. The Rekordbox version of the controller costs less, though.

If we see the same with the XZ, it will be clear that Pioneer is taking a direct jab at Serato.
Hanginon 4:32 PM - 9 March, 2020
dj_soo 4:41 PM - 9 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I do agree with you partially. We still have yet to see what happens with the XZ. However, the DDJ1000 for Serato costs more (due to the Serato Tax) than the Rekordbox version of the same contoller. The Rekordbox version of the controller costs less, though.

If we see the same with the XZ, it will be clear that Pioneer is taking a direct jab at Serato.

Yea. That shit was intentional to try to drive people towards their RB controllers. Abandoning the RB only line and going back to consolidating lines shows me that it didn’t work moreso that it’s a sign of an impending split.
Pepehouse 5:51 PM - 9 March, 2020
They were given it away for free with every Pioneer device till, according to Digitaldjtips census www.digitaldjtips.com rekordbox is being used a lot more, now that enough people are hooked they want to charge for it, common Pion€€r strategies
electro elvis 7:45 PM - 9 March, 2020
Wow this thread has gone way off topic!

As someone who is has chosen both Serato and A&H as my main DJ tools for over 15 years, I have to admit to having a vested interest...

To each their own, but personally I’ve never much enjoyed DJing on Pioneer DJM mixers, and for many years I rocked a Xone92 with a Rane SL3 / SSL + SL1210s. I’ve always been happy enough to go against the grain and for a longtime was a very small minority of techno/house DJs using Serato, even when Traktor was by far the most popular software option in that scene.

Over the last few years, I’ve seen many of the Traktor brigade ditch the laptop and migrate back to USB keys and simply use the ubiquitous DJM/CDJ found in every single club, rather than start using Rekordbox to DJ.

My current setup is an A&H DB4+1210s and SDJ, which works absolutely fantastically, but I do worry about long term driver support for the DB4, as it’s a fairly old design and I can’t imagine that it was/is a huge seller, which results in a fairly small user base. To top matters off the audio interface is an OEM design and not class compliant, and at some point will no doubt become uneconomical for the companies involved to keep updating.

I have been very tempted by the Xone96, and will probably go that way if I’m ever forced to retire the DB4 due to driver issues.

As to whether Serato will ever choose to add support for the Xone96 via the club kit, I would hazard a guess that it all boils down to financial considerations on the part of both companies. I could be completely wrong, but my impression is that the main Serato user base is turntablists, hip hop and open format DJs, and that A&H mainly appeals to house and techno DJs, so unless there is a greater overlap to in their respective target users (and therefore prospective customers) it’s unlikely to happen, as both companies are run to be profitable.

All that being said, it sure would put a smile on my face, but I’m not gonna hold my breath for it to happen any time soon..
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:36 PM - 9 March, 2020
Quote:

I think it’s just predatory pricing.

Once they are comfortable with market penetration, they may level it out.

Regarding the XZ, I think they just want two peak sales, one at release and another surge when Serato is supported.

Wonder if what the A&H fan base think about the V10, they promised Serato support for that as well I believe.

Look like a Techno djs wet dream.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:37 PM - 9 March, 2020
And it’s already in the market

The DJM-V10 will be available from early February 2020. To use it with rekordbox dj/dvs, connect the mixer to a computer running the latest version of the software (rekordbox dj/dvs license(s) required, available separately). The DJM-V10 is also Serato DVS-ready (Serato DJ Club Kit license required, available separately – Serato DJ Pro compatibility is coming soon) and TRAKTOR DVS-ready (requires TRAKTOR PRO 3, available separately).
blackavenger 12:10 AM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:

Well, minus the fact that it is digital, not analog. Most Techno & House DJs prefer analog. I know I do. Hence, the reason I own the Xone:96 and not a Pioneer mixer. I wouldn't say the V10 is a wet dream, but I certainly wouldn't be too pissed if I showed up to a booth and found it there. It's certainly better than a 900nxs2.
Bornd Fono 2:11 AM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
It's certainly better than a 900nxs2

I agree... but with the freedom of all choices, I would still prefer a 96 over a V10.
So the V10, for me, is more or less just an interesting move from Pioneer and I would like to keep an eye on the path which Pioneer is going with the development of that mixer... but nothing I would consider swapping my 96 in for.
electro elvis 7:26 PM - 10 March, 2020
From my rather humble point of view, the V10 is really designed to appeal to quite a small subsection of DJs, who are either playing lots of layered loops (a la Richie Hawtin), or using loads of bits of live kit (drum
machines, synths, etc)
Most of the DJs I know still DJ track a>b>a, so 2 main channels, plus tops 2 more for fx returns or extra ‘source on top’ of the main bones of a mix provided by the two main channels, is more than enough.
For those of us still spinning vinyl (either DVS or actual you know real proper records) how the hell could you even keep six tracks in time? I’m sure there must be some clever person out there who has mad skills, but definitely not me or most of the DJs I know!
Btw I still remember the first time I saw Carl Cox using three decks as a bit of a party trick and I have to admit I was totally blown away, which to be fair when most Dj mixers didn’t even have individual channel eqs was quite an achievement, ah simpler times!
HellNegative1 7:47 PM - 10 March, 2020
Using 4 channels is really more prevalent in the DnB and Techno communities. However, you are correct. The V10 is geared more toward those that give a live performance as opposed to deejays. The same for the Playdifferently and Xone:96/92. 3-4 decks with turntables is not uncommon in the DnB community either. A few of us started using three turntables at first, simply due to saving time cueing up the next mix. You double drop for 2 measures, than have one more measure to mix in. Just not enough time to swap records. Of oucrse, this started in the 2006-2008 era around the same time bpm ranges started to shrink in genres. So, memorizing your pitch percentages is easier than ever.
electro elvis 8:30 PM - 10 March, 2020
Wow shows how little I know!
I generally find with dnb, it’s much more about having hot tracks than ‘clever’ mixing tricks.

In my experience, quite a few well known dnb DJs (won’t name any names) on the UK circuit, simply use a pair of CDJs with usb sticks, and it’s very rare for 2 tunes to be playing together for more than a few bars. It’s usually very quick mixes, the total opposite of the deep house lot and their esoteric rotary mixers and six minute blends! 😀
Ive even seen sets played in big clubs where the Dj virtually doesn’t need to use the CDJ pitch faders all set as all the tracks on his keys are at exactly the same tempo, simply wait for the 2nd breakdown, bring in the intro beat on the next track and drop out the first before the beat comes back in to avoid any chance of beat clashes. As long as every tune is a total banger the crowd goes nuts!
Of course there is more than one way to skin a cat, and whatever works works, who are we to say what’s right or wrong. Variety is the spice of life...
HellNegative1 8:47 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
I generally find with dnb, it’s much more about having hot tracks than ‘clever’ mixing tricks.

In my experience, quite a few well known dnb DJs (won’t name any names) on the UK circuit, simply use a pair of CDJs with usb sticks, and it’s very rare for 2 tunes to be playing together for more than a few bars. It’s usually very quick mixes, the total opposite of the deep house lot and their esoteric rotary mixers and six minute blends! 😀
Ive even seen sets played in big clubs where the Dj virtually doesn’t need to use the CDJ pitch faders all set as all the tracks on his keys are at exactly the same tempo, simply wait for the 2nd breakdown, bring in the intro beat on the next track and drop out the first before the beat comes back in to avoid any chance of beat clashes. As long as every tune is a total banger the crowd goes nuts!
Of course there is more than one way to skin a cat, and whatever works works, who are we to say what’s right or wrong. Variety is the spice of life...

Some DnB DJ's that utilize 3+ decks on the regular (the top of the list playing on turntables):
Andy C
Crissy Criss
Bassline Smith
Original Sin
Blackley (6 decks)
AMC
Cause 4 Concern (6 decks with 3 decks each)
and many more. :-p
HellNegative1 8:49 PM - 10 March, 2020
When you get a chance, head down to XOXO.
Mr. Goodkat 9:07 PM - 10 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Some DnB DJ's that utilize 3+ decks on the regular (the top of the list playing on turntables):
Andy C
Crissy Criss
Bassline Smith
Original Sin
Blackley (6 decks)
AMC
Cause 4 Concern (6 decks with 3 decks each)
and many more. :-p

yeah i cant imagine how dnb you could be and not know andy c is and how he mixes. i dont even like dnb and know that
electro elvis 10:51 PM - 10 March, 2020
Please don’t get me wrong, as I said before there are many ways to skin a cat....
I’m not saying that what Andy C (and all those others) do isnt fantastic and that of course there are a losds of highly technical dnb DJs, who do all sort of mad skill mixes.
I’m definitely not claiming to to ‘be dnb’, tbh I pretty much stopped buying much dnb/jungle vinyl in the mid 90s, but until a few years ago I was part of a company that did a lot of work for metalheadz, V recordings, Dnb arena, etc.

I just happen to be in a lot of venues due to my work and so get to hear a lot of different styles being spun, and in extremely broad terms I generally find dnb mixes to be shorter than some other styles, and that the majority of DJs only use two channels. I’m in no way criticising that, as to me it means dnb sets have a lot of energy, compared for example to deep house or minimal techno, which evolve much more slowly and can be quite tedious if you’re not locked into that groove.

For my personal preferences there’s absolutely nothing wrong with only using 2 decks, I’d much rather hear a great DJ spinning great tunes in any style on 2 decks, than the majority of Traktor jocks, playing 4 boring loops at once with lashing of fx, eq and filter tricks. (Surely I can jokingly take the piss out of Traktor DJs on the Serato forum with causing office to anybody? 😀)

Who doesn’t love a few back spins and rewinds, and ive now been drawn a long way from talking about Serato supporting the xone96, so I’m gonna dip out of this thread now PLUR to one and all
Bornd Fono 2:32 AM - 13 March, 2020
KC1 2:09 AM - 14 March, 2020
Quote:
The world of Turntable [link removed]

content.fortune.com
4tea 8:28 PM - 26 May, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Well, minus the fact that it is digital, not analog. Most Techno & House DJs prefer analog. I know I do. Hence, the reason I own the Xone:96 and not a Pioneer mixer. I wouldn't say the V10 is a wet dream, but I certainly wouldn't be too pissed if I showed up to a booth and found it there. It's certainly better than a 900nxs2.

I think that's why they made it.
It's a branding thing, it's the ultimate mixer for a big event / venue. The ones used to the 800 to 900 workflow won't complain cause it's a P-Brand with it's built-in effects.
The A&H guys won't make a scene cause it's close to a 96 and it's closer to their workflow.
And last but not least at the mixer is insanely priced, the guy asking to replace it with gear that's half the price will be perceived like a wilful child.

As a result we'll see less A&H mixers on le Cercle and BR videos and more V10.
This will translate into more P-Brand sales of mid to entry-level gear.
Kinda bit like a loss leader product.

Quote:
i.imgur.com

Exactly
roy rohypnol 9:45 AM - 19 June, 2020
Is there going to be any news on getting the 96 supported?? Or are serato typically ignoring their user base??
Phoenixbt 12:00 PM - 22 June, 2020
Hoping for some news here too...long time Serato user and recently got a Xone 96. Really not wanting to switch to Traktor at this point...
n4Sphere 12:03 PM - 22 June, 2020
no hope here from my side the ship has sailed. they don't care that's a fact now. so back to my beloved vinyl only sets :)
KC1 5:28 PM - 22 June, 2020
They only look after the plastic controller kiddies now. That’s where seratos' honey-pot is.
roy rohypnol 2:04 AM - 24 June, 2020
Quote:
They only look after the plastic controller kiddies now. That’s where seratos' honey-pot is.

I HATE to have to agree with you but you are 100% correct :(
Bornd Fono 11:10 PM - 27 June, 2020
Quote:
I HATE to have to agree with you but you are 100% correct :(

+1
Pepehouse 8:59 PM - 14 July, 2020
They look also after two channel mixers but more than that few choice :)
Pepehouse 8:59 PM - 14 July, 2020
They look also after two channel mixers but more than that few choice :)
cotdagoo 11:57 PM - 14 July, 2020
Given that their past few point releases were just controller support, it seems like adding support for hardware is their strong point.. and the only thing they justify updates for seemingly..

You'd think adding support for this mixer this would be a feather in their caps.. not even considering the huge service to their community it would be given the amount of posts in this thread..

Huge missed opportunity here
4tea 12:40 PM - 16 July, 2020
Quote:

+1
KC1 6:30 PM - 17 July, 2020
hmm

ibb.co
Bornd Fono 10:23 PM - 19 July, 2020
n4Sphere 5:00 AM - 20 July, 2020
Quote:
ibb.co

he is a serato fan. so maybe an ambassador for getting serato to the 96.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:38 AM - 20 July, 2020
Quote:
he is a serato fan. so maybe an ambassador for getting serato to the 96.

He uses anything but I see him on Denon Prime gear more these days. I watch his Twitch streams, and not one single episode with Serato yet.

Think he may have moved on from Serato.

I could be wrong though.
n4Sphere 5:57 AM - 20 July, 2020
ah yeah you are right. he is a super fan of the motorized version.
KC1 2:52 PM - 20 July, 2020
Mojaxx is a member of this forum under the name PhatBob. Never see him post anything on here no more though. He don't live far from me ..
roy rohypnol 12:35 AM - 23 July, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+2

To not support Allen & Heath's most iconic mixers seems absurd to me. Gutted.
KC1 1:23 AM - 23 July, 2020
Let's be honest, we all know the real reason the "Allen & Heath - Xone 96" is overlooked.

"It's down to Seratos' dark overlords Pioneer DJ" -_-

Soon as Pioneer's new overpriced digital rip off, of the "A&H Built - PLAYdifferently Model 1" the "DJM-V10" is done sweeping through most high-end clubs over the next 2 to 3 years and starts to become the standard Serato will probably announce a possible paid Club Kit upgrade for the "Xone 96" 5 years too late.

Till then, I'm happy using mine as stand-alone or with Traktor or Rekordbox.

Seratos' loss and all those who own or have tried out the Xone 96 know why ..
Pepehouse 9:50 PM - 23 July, 2020
Get a Rane box and start mixing and enjoying music instead of lurking here, I tried it with the 1700 and never happened, A&H don't want to pay for the Serato integration and maybe they are right, I don't like to have another soundcard in the desk but on the other hand I can play with whatever rig I need it's a bit of freedom in exchange of convenience guys, and also IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN so don't waste your time anymore.
KC1 1:59 AM - 24 July, 2020
Quote:

IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN so don't waste your time anymore.

Xone DB4 got serato after 5 years.

As I explained in my last post it is not unreasonable to think this will happen again for a price once the slow bending over for Pioneers V10 agenda is complete.
Pepehouse 8:52 PM - 27 July, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN so don't waste your time anymore.

Xone DB4 got serato after 5 years.
😂 I'd already bought a Rane box! Haha! Life is short mate!
KC1 11:58 PM - 17 August, 2020
Eventide TimeFactor purchased :)

I got a good deal on a used but excellent condition unit. (about $190 USD)
roy rohypnol 1:31 PM - 18 August, 2020
XLM
n4Sphere 7:32 PM - 19 August, 2020
djtechtools.com

if this comes true no serato support ever.
n4Sphere 7:32 PM - 19 August, 2020
djtechtools.com

if this comes true no serato support ever.
KC1 8:11 PM - 19 August, 2020
LOL hope it is true to be honest I would be happy using traktor if some new life is put into it ..
KC1 8:14 PM - 19 August, 2020
Though I am happy with the Xone / RMX1000 / TimeFactor right now :)

ibb.co
KC1 8:24 PM - 19 August, 2020
Fingers crossed for Xone 1D / 2D / 4D mkII's
n4Sphere 8:57 PM - 19 August, 2020
Quote:
Though I am happy with the Xone / RMX1000 / TimeFactor right now :)

ibb.co

looks dope :)
n4Sphere 8:58 PM - 19 August, 2020
Quote:
Fingers crossed for Xone 1D / 2D / 4D mkII's

yeah man this would be next level of dreaming. but a&h said there will be new hardware for midi controllers. or at least they indicated it.
Bornd Fono 1:19 AM - 20 August, 2020
Quote:
LOL hope it is true to be honest I would be happy using traktor if some new life is put into it ..

A&H is a great company. If this really happens, then Traktor will definitely benefit from this change which makes the decision to leave Serato easier than ever for a lot of users.
KC1 2:36 AM - 20 August, 2020
So what gear and or software are other Xone 96 owners on here using?

Post pics :D
blackavenger 6:28 AM - 26 September, 2020
After leaving Serato due to the lack of X96 support, I inevitably left DVS all together and worked solely in my NXS2s w' Rekordbox analyzed USB sticks. But, after the disappointing CDJ-3000 release, I decided to give the Denon SC6000 a try, and I think I am actually going to go 'all in' on Denon's workflow. I freakin' LOVE it!!! It's basically like it's own DVS software contained within the unit itself. Lookin' forward to buying the second deck so I can relegate the NXS2 decks to the closet, lol! Who cares if Serato doesn't support the X96?!? "Eff them!! I'm done with begging them!!

imgur.com
KC1 6:53 AM - 26 September, 2020
Quote:
After leaving Serato due to the lack of X96 support, I inevitably left DVS all together and worked solely in my NXS2s w' Rekordbox analyzed USB sticks. But, after the disappointing CDJ-3000 release, I decided to give the Denon SC6000 a try, and I think I am actually going to go 'all in' on Denon's workflow. I freakin' LOVE it!!! It's basically like it's own DVS software contained within the unit itself. Lookin' forward to buying the second deck so I can relegate the NXS2 decks to the closet, lol! Who cares if Serato doesn't support the X96?!? "Eff them!! I'm done with begging them!!

imgur.com

Nice setup.

Are you using rekordbox to prepare tracks? then transferring to Engine?
blackavenger 7:17 AM - 26 September, 2020
Quote:

Yeah, because I only have one SC6000, I need to stay in the Rekordbox ecosystem for now. So, I am using Rekordbox to analyze tracks and create playlists, but I have been experimenting w' analyzing/building metadata on the unit's themselves. I only just received this SC6000 on Tuesday 22nd. I have learned that there is some 3rd party software from Mixmaster G that lets you seamlessly work between Rekordbox/Engine Prime as well as Serato, Traktor, etc.. But I haven't actually bought it yet.

www.youtube.com
KC1 12:32 PM - 26 September, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, because I only have one SC6000, I need to stay in the Rekordbox ecosystem for now. So, I am using Rekordbox to analyze tracks and create playlists, but I have been experimenting w' analyzing/building metadata on the unit's themselves. I only just received this SC6000 on Tuesday 22nd. I have learned that there is some 3rd party software from Mixmaster G that lets you seamlessly work between Rekordbox/Engine Prime as well as Serato, Traktor, etc.. But I haven't actually bought it yet.

www.youtube.com

Let me know how you get on.

I prepare my tracks in rekordbox and I like to set many cue points, memory cues and auto loops which puts me off going with the SC6000's. But if I hear of it coping well in reading all that info from rekordbox then I'd consider upgrading my NXS2's to SC6000's ..
dj_soo 10:04 PM - 26 September, 2020
Ive been using that app for a while now and while it’s not the prettiest, it works.

You really do need to figure out the perfect workflow to everything going well tho.

I usually start in iTunes. Analyze in serato first, use djcu to convert to rekordbox where I have a bunch of intelligent playlists setup to where all I need to do is MyTag my new tracks, export out to my usb, and then use DeCu to convert that USB to denon.

If I’m feeling especially motivated, I’ll then reimport that USB back into serato and using a bunch of smart crates, I can repopulate some serato crates on the USB

It’s honestly a little bit of a pain, but after a couple loops of doing it, it’s not so bad. The practical upshot is now I have a USB stick that works with everything. Stick it in cdjs and I get all my playlists. Stick it in the denon prime gear and the same, and it’ll even work when I pop it into a serato laptop.
blackavenger 1:01 AM - 27 September, 2020
Awesome. Thanks for giving a little insight into the process of using the Mixmaster Conversion Utilities. Why Denon has not hired him to head the conversion team over at Denon is beyond me. Apparently others have said the same thing over the years. Denon NEED to recognize greatness where it is present, and give him the resources to streamline his ideas to benefit Denon as a whole.
HellNegative1 2:27 AM - 27 September, 2020
Quote:
Awesome. Thanks for giving a little insight into the process of using the Mixmaster Conversion Utilities. Why Denon has not hired him to head the conversion team over at Denon is beyond me. Apparently others have said the same thing over the years. Denon NEED to recognize greatness where it is present, and give him the resources to streamline his ideas to benefit Denon as a whole.

He has mentioned in Disqus threads that he has worked directly with Denon, Pioneer, and Serato. Not sure how much weight it holds. Rekord.cloud and Rekordbuddy are also great alternatives. Rekordbuddy will have Engine support soon.
dj_soo 8:41 PM - 27 September, 2020
Quote:
Denon has not hired him to head the conversion team over at Denon is beyond me. Apparently others have said the same thing over the years. Denon NEED to recognize greatness where it is present, and give him the resources to streamline his ideas to benefit Denon as a whole.

He's mentioned that it's partially because he has no knowledge and no interest in learning the PC side of things and just focuses on Mac.
KC1 12:03 AM - 28 September, 2020
Welcome to the Allen & Heath Denon thread :)
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:06 PM - 28 September, 2020
Quote:
I freakin' LOVE it!!! It's basically like it's own DVS software contained within the unit itself

Welcome welcome. It’s the perfect time to get on the train. Teething issues are over now, believe me I’ve been using the Primes since 2017.

Just a coulle more things to make serato faithfuls comfortable when switching over such as stacked waveforms, smart crates and HID for the 6000.

They added flexible beatgrids recently and it’s delightful. Fun fact - flexible beatgrids made is serato is transferred to engine prime.

The 6000Ms are the truth.
Bornd Fono 5:01 PM - 28 September, 2020
Glad you guys are getting along with the Denon stuff!
For me personally, the news of Traktor reworking their library management (and prove with this that the software is not dead at all, but still is being worked on) was a relief. For most gigs I already switched to Traktor and will do the switch completely now I think...
As Blackavenger alrady said... I am done too begging Serato for (really basic) stuff.

F Serato!
KC1 1:36 AM - 29 September, 2020
Quote:

F Serato!

I agree fuck serato. I use Traktor for vinyl DVS sets. Hoping some new life will be put into it soon. Until then, I'll continue using rekordbox to prepare tracks for CDJ's sets.

Denon do look tempting but I want to see better performance from Engine before I maybe make a switch from Pioneer.

And as a 100% happy Windows 10 user the conversion utility is useless to me.
HellNegative1 6:27 AM - 29 September, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
F Serato!

I agree fuck serato. I use Traktor for vinyl DVS sets. Hoping some new life will be put into it soon. Until then, I'll continue using rekordbox to prepare tracks for CDJ's sets.

Denon do look tempting but I want to see better performance from Engine before I maybe make a switch from Pioneer.

Rekordbuddy and Rekord.cloud both work in windows. I am also a Windows user.

That aside, it's always best to stick with what your comfortable with at the gig.
KC1 8:48 AM - 29 September, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
F Serato!

Rekordbuddy and Rekord.cloud both work in windows. I am also a Windows user.

That aside, it's always best to stick with what your comfortable with at the gig.

Which software are you using and how do you find it? any cons to look out for?
blackavenger 2:04 PM - 30 September, 2020
Just bought my 2nd SC6000 yesterday. It'll probably be here by early next week. So amped to "truly" dive into the workflow now!!
dj_soo 5:34 PM - 30 September, 2020
I find using the Denons so incredibly intuitive, that there's really not that much that needs to be figured out. Even Engine - as limited as it can be - can simply convert your Serato crates and you're pretty much good to go.
KC1 6:22 PM - 23 April, 2021
How's the Xone 96 owners going?

I just sold my CDJ-2000NXS2's and invested in a pair of 3000's.

Hoping rumours are true on A&H working on a stand-alone Xone-Effects Unit.
blackavenger 7:46 PM - 2 May, 2021
Haha, I don't know why I came back to the forum.....haven't been here in a looong time. But randomly did today. Still lovin' my X:96!! Got a new pedal (Benidub Digital Echo) to go with my setup. Still LOVING the Denon SC6Ks!!! Yeah, I hope there is some progress being made on the Xone EFX box too!!

i.imgur.com
HellNegative1 3:00 AM - 3 May, 2021
Quote:
Haha, I don't know why I came back to the forum.....haven't been here in a looong time. But randomly did today. Still lovin' my X:96!! Got a new pedal (Benidub Digital Echo) to go with my setup. Still LOVING the Denon SC6Ks!!! Yeah, I hope there is some progress being made on the Xone EFX box too!!

i.imgur.com

Whatre ya using the K2 for?
4tea 10:00 AM - 3 May, 2021
Quote:

i.imgur.com

Nice, which filters do you prefer to use ? The Xone ones or the Benidub's?
blackavenger 11:01 PM - 5 May, 2021
Quote:
Quote:

i.imgur.com

Whatre ya using the K2 for?

Ableton (Clips/EFX) & iPad Apps (EFX/Synths/Drum Machines)
I know you've seen my posts about wanting Denon to add Ableton Link.
That is why I am so adamant about it. I want Ableton/iPad Apps tempo-locked sooo bad!

Quote:
Nice, which filters do you prefer to use ? The Xone ones or the Benidub's?

Haha, the filter is pretty freakin' clean on the Benidub, but then so are the X:96's. I prefer the latter.
KC1 12:53 PM - 6 May, 2021
Quote:

Ableton (Clips/EFX) & iPad Apps (EFX/Synths/Drum Machines)
I know you've seen my posts about wanting Denon to add Ableton Link.
That is why I am so adamant about it. I want Ableton/iPad Apps tempo-locked sooo bad!

I'm looking at maybe investing into an Ableton controller to setup Ableton Link via my CDJ-3000/Xone 96 Setup via RB6. But I'm holding out to see if out comes of the rumoured Xone Effects unit first as I'd prefer to be standalone when performing if possible.
blackavenger 5:59 AM - 8 June, 2021
So I guess Y'all are NEVER going to support the Xone:96, huh?!?
Admittedly, I have long since abandoned any use of DVS, but I will admit that I kinda' miss Serato a little bit. Afterall, I did use ScratchLIVE, ITCH, and then SeratoDJ for nearly 15 years. I would at least like the option to use it if I so wished. It's stupid. There is no technical hurdle to overcome. The Xone:96 is perfectly capable of running SeratoDJ. Y'all NEED to get together with A&H and come to a compromise. For 'Eff's sake, Y'all have partnered in the past. Why are You being soooooo hardheaded?!?
blackavenger 6:04 AM - 8 June, 2021
Now that I have an LC6000, I want the option to use SeratoDJ with my Xone:96. If Y'all added support, I would be inclined to buy another LC6000 and use it with Serato for smaller gigs.
HellNegative1 10:45 PM - 9 June, 2021
Quote:
Admittedly, I have long since abandoned any use of DVS, but I will admit that I kinda' miss Serato a little bit. Afterall, I did use ScratchLIVE, ITCH, and then SeratoDJ for nearly 15 years. I would at least like the option to use it if I so wished. It's stupid. There is no technical hurdle to overcome. The Xone:96 is perfectly capable of running SeratoDJ. Y'all NEED to get together with A&H and come to a compromise. For 'Eff's sake, Y'all have partnered in the past. Why are You being soooooo hardheaded?!?

It's going to be like this as long as Serato continues to make money off of hardware licensing. As someone who previously purchased a Serato License (for non-unlock devices), I share the same frustration with you. It would be nice to be able to use paid for software with any audio interface (similar to Traktor, VirtualDJ, Mixxx and Rekordbox).
Ron Morin 5:47 PM - 10 June, 2021
Quote:
Quote:

It's going to be like this as long as Serato continues to make money off of hardware licensing. As someone who previously purchased a Serato License (for non-unlock devices), I share the same frustration with you. It would be nice to be able to use paid for software with any audio interface (similar to Traktor, VirtualDJ, Mixxx and Rekordbox).

+

here here
4tea 11:40 PM - 2 July, 2021
Quote:
As someone who previously purchased a Serato License (for non-unlock devices), I share the same frustration with you. It would be nice to be able to use paid for software with any audio interface (similar to Traktor, VirtualDJ, Mixxx and Rekordbox).

I wish for the same. And it's even more frustrating when taking into account SDJ's standalone feature that works without hardware.
4tea 11:40 PM - 2 July, 2021
Quote:
As someone who previously purchased a Serato License (for non-unlock devices), I share the same frustration with you. It would be nice to be able to use paid for software with any audio interface (similar to Traktor, VirtualDJ, Mixxx and Rekordbox).

I wish for the same. And it's even more frustrating when taking into account SDJ's standalone feature that works without hardware.
Pepehouse 6:27 PM - 3 July, 2021
Just get a trusty used SL box guys, I'm in the same boat, my Denon 1700 is not supported and while working only with the mixer is a lot better, haven't think about it anymore since I got my SL2 and the plus that I can make work whatever device I want with Serato.
4tea 9:30 PM - 3 July, 2021
Quote:
Just get a trusty used SL box guys, I'm in the same boat, my Denon 1700 is not supported and while working only with the mixer is a lot better, haven't think about it anymore since I got my SL2 and the plus that I can make work whatever device I want with Serato.

Fair enough.
But I can't go back to an external soundcard again.
- extra cables to manage, (extra spares to bring as a contingency plan too)
- all the nice features like waveforms reacting to EQ tweaks
- serato video.
HellNegative1 4:34 AM - 4 July, 2021
Quote:
Quote:

Fair enough.
But I can't go back to an external soundcard again.
- extra cables to manage, (extra spares to bring as a contingency plan too)
- all the nice features like waveforms reacting to EQ tweaks
- serato video.

Truth. Plus, the SL4 prices are ridonculous
Caley Martin 7:41 PM - 16 July, 2021
Quote:

+1000000000000000000000000

I love my 96 and I love using Serato but I hate the fact that I cannot take advantage of the better phono preamps on the mixer because I have to use my SL3 in between in order to unlock the software. If the concern was making money, wouldn't offering a club kit for the 96 alleviate such a thing? Fucking no brainer.

People. Would. Pay. To. Unlock. 96. Club. Kit. Functionality.

Good lord.
KC1 10:29 PM - 16 July, 2021
Happy using my Xone 96 & CDJ-3000's via rekordbox these days. I moved on for the need of serato.

Hell, I even had a play with some of my old house sets via Traktor / CDJ-3000's / Xone 96 last week in HID mode and worked flawlessly.

Seems serato are always playing second fiddle to rekordbox and even Traktor lately.
4tea 1:51 PM - 17 July, 2021
Quote:

I definitely would. Please work something with A&H.
metroplex2005 3:29 PM - 17 July, 2021
Quote:
Quote:

I love my 96 and I love using Serato but I hate the fact that I cannot take advantage of the better phono preamps on the mixer because I have to use my SL3 in between in order to unlock the software. If the concern was making money, wouldn't offering a club kit for the 96 alleviate such a thing? Fucking no brainer.

Good lord.

Maybe some owners of the 96 would pay for Serato compatibility. But not all.
And A&H will definitely not.
But thats how the whole Serato licensing system works.

If A&H want to have a mixer ready for Seratos "paid upgrade", they have to pay a license for every produced unit, regardless of whether the owner would use Serato with it or not.
Not as much as with a full "Serato DJ Pro" license, but still a lot of money.

But A&H has sold all their 96s units without that and the 96s are out of production.
So A&H has already earned its money. "Done, have fun."

So why the hell should they pay a lot of money (remember, for every produced unit!) for a allready sold and discontinued product?
Just to make a handful of owners happy?

And why should Serato forego a lot of license fees?

Sure, that would be nice for some (but not all) people who have bought a 96.

But that would be economic bullshit, no company could survive with such business decisions.

And if anyone doesn't understand that, then they should never ever take a position of responsibility in a company, as they are intellectually unsuitable for it.
KC1 5:34 PM - 17 July, 2021
FYI: The Xone 96 from Allen & Heath is NOT discontinued. 0_o
HellNegative1 6:29 PM - 17 July, 2021
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good lord.

If A&H want to have a mixer ready for Seratos "paid upgrade", they have to pay a license for every produced unit, regardless of whether the owner would use Serato with it or not.

But A&H has sold all their 96s units without that and the 96s are out of production.

So why the hell should they pay a lot of money (remember, for every produced unit!) for a allready sold and discontinued product?

But that would be economic bullshit, no company could survive with such business decisions.

And if anyone doesn't understand that, then they should never ever take a position of responsibility in a company, as they are intellectually unsuitable for it.

Charge the end user the cost of the license. Problem solved. ;-)
KC1 6:39 PM - 17 July, 2021
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good lord.

Open up external sound cards. Problem solved. Not happy to do that for free, then again, just charge a fee to unlock. That's pretty much what RekordBox allows via hardware unlock such as XP1/XP2.
HellNegative1 7:24 PM - 17 July, 2021
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good lord.

Open up external sound cards. Problem solved. Not happy to do that for free, then again, just charge a fee to unlock. That's pretty much what RekordBox allows via hardware unlock such as XP1/XP2.

True. Serato is the last holdout on hardware locking now. Traktor, Rekordbox, VDJ, and Mixxx all let you use any soundcard you want for both playback and DVS.
Caley Martin 7:28 PM - 18 July, 2021
Soundcard unlocking would resolve this easily.

I wonder why they are holding out and/or how likely they will be to introduce such a great feature anytime soon.
KC1 8:55 PM - 18 July, 2021
Quote:

I wonder why they are holding out

G r e e d !
4tea 11:40 PM - 18 July, 2021
Quote:

I get the logic but when the club kit was released a lot of supported mixers were already sold.
(DB4, DB2, DJM850 and 900 nexus...)
DJ Jonasty 4:55 AM - 19 July, 2021
Sort of related. Traktor works better now with my S9 than Serato. It's tighter, vinyl response is tighter and it sounds better. I'm sorry but Serato kinda sucks these days. I've been with it since 2006 but these days I hardly touch it.
KC1 12:31 PM - 19 July, 2021
Quote:
Sort of related. Traktor works better now with my S9 than Serato. It's tighter, vinyl response is tighter and it sounds better. I'm sorry but Serato kinda sucks these days. I've been with it since 2006 but these days I hardly touch it.

Aye, traktor have even got the Full HID support for the CDJ-3000's and still we wait for that with team serato ..
KC1 5:04 PM - 19 July, 2021
Quote:

True. Serato is the last holdout on hardware locking now. Traktor, Rekordbox, VDJ, and Mixxx all let you use any soundcard you want for both playback and DVS.

Quote:

I wonder why they are holding out and/or how likely they will be to introduce such a great feature anytime soon.

Join the thread here: serato.com
nilre 8:02 AM - 20 July, 2021
Quote:
Quote:

Aye, traktor have even got the Full HID support for the CDJ-3000's and still we wait for that with team serato ..

Please note that Traktor currently has delay issues with CDJ-3000 HID mode. Pri yon Joni has a Youtube video showing this: youtu.be (the delay is addressed at 5:48)
KC1 1:00 PM - 20 July, 2021
Quote:

Please note that Traktor currently has delay issues with CDJ-3000 HID mode. Pri yon Joni has a Youtube video showing this: youtu.be (the delay is addressed at 5:48)

Rarely ever use my CDJ-3000's for scratching anyway. I have Turntable/DVS for that. Plus I'm not a traktor user, though I did test HID the other week on a few House Music sets with Traktor via CDJ-3000's and a Xone 96, and it worked flawlessly for me but no scratching.
leesinthemix 1:25 PM - 6 October, 2021
Quote:
Quote:

Rarely ever use my CDJ-3000's for scratching anyway. I have Turntable/DVS for that. Plus I'm not a traktor user, though I did test HID the other week on a few House Music sets with Traktor via CDJ-3000's and a Xone 96, and it worked flawlessly for me but no scratching.

It's not just scratching that's laggy, cue points are also drifting and behaving weirdly.

The issue is also affecting my XDJ1000 MK2s. It's a pretty big bug that they still haven't managed to fix, three months later.
KC1 3:35 PM - 12 June, 2022
Now that the Xone 96 is officially 4 years old, we now only have 1 to 2 years to go till Serato support maybe finally happens.

lol
n4Sphere 3:50 PM - 12 June, 2022
i sold all my serato gear and use the xone for my synths. makes way more fun than waiting for serato to do their job.
nilre 4:08 PM - 12 June, 2022
Xone 96 is officially supported DVS mixer for djay pro AI for Mac and iOS. And the Mac version per default has your Serato crates ready to use. No conversion tools needed.
Caley Martin 2:55 PM - 13 June, 2022
Well, at least this thread has over 400 posts now.
s3kn0tr0n1c 4:45 PM - 13 June, 2022
Lol

Just open up setato to use ASIO .... charge us for the asio pack and let us use any device.
HellNegative1 4:35 PM - 14 June, 2022
Quote:
Lol

Just open up setato to use ASIO .... charge us for the asio pack and let us use any device.

Nah. Serato won’t get with the times like that. :-p
Pepehouse 9:59 PM - 23 June, 2022
Just move to vinyl dj guys, is the new trend and no updates required:)
4tea 10:05 PM - 23 June, 2022
Quote:
Just move to vinyl dj guys, is the new trend and no updates required:)

I love analogue but records aren’t cheap and harder to store than files. ^^