Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Windows 10 April 2018 update

BoogieMan34950 12:23 PM - 2 May, 2018
Have anyone installed this windows 10 April 2018 update and if so are there any issues with Serato DJ?
Thanks
Boogie
rickybattini 2:49 PM - 2 May, 2018
Yes,
there are many problems, especially with drivers, i have win10 home edition, do not upgrade!
Dj Delta-Vita 4:12 PM - 2 May, 2018
work fine...windows 10 pro 64 bit
Aptidda 11:43 PM - 2 May, 2018
Its Windows aka PC. Why would you even consider using such a machine with Serato DJ? Go down to the Apple store and purchase a fully spec'd brand new machine- no problems.
ethanscott 6:52 AM - 3 May, 2018
Quote:

Same for me!
What drivers does it say are missing or whatever?
mixgoonie 10:02 AM - 3 May, 2018
Quote:
Its Windows aka PC. Why would you even consider using such a machine with Serato DJ? Go down to the Apple store and purchase a fully spec'd brand new machine- no problems.

LOL, you made my day.

Mac runs fine but pc also, no issues and in Europe, most DJ i've seen are more and more moving to Pc's due to the price of Macbooks. No crash reported until now :p
rickybattini 5:27 PM - 3 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Same for me!
What drivers does it say are missing or whatever?

Intel graphics hd 630 for asus vivobook pro
BoogieMan34950 6:17 PM - 3 May, 2018
Quote:

LOL, I didn't know that for 40 years I've been using Windows. I don't own any Apple products. I will be buying new equipment when they fix Spector, Meltduwn & other hardware problems. I will be buying the new Apple phone that's coming out later on this year. I don't use Serato in in my mobile set at this time it's my bedroom setup. My Dj setup is keyboard & mouse & Windows XP and i don't have any problems with it!
Best
Boogie
djblazinjoe83 4:30 PM - 5 May, 2018
Yes, I have issues after the new april update my serato DJ Pro 2.02 works well when connected to my SL3 Hardware but in offline player mode, Play back is slow and distorted Very bad quality.

If I use SSL its 100% working fine. Tried Uninstalling reinstalling multiple versions same issue. The update is blocking something.

Specs: Its i7 3.5 Intel Acer 16Gb ram its not even a year old
Rob J 5:04 PM - 5 May, 2018
Will concur that, under Windows 10 1803, Serato DJ Pro 2.0.2 offline playback moves from smooth to stuttered/slow/distorted and repeats this process. Online playback (controller active) has no problems (so far).

Dedicated-for-DJ-only HP Envy laptop, Core i7 (6th gen), 16GB RAM, zero applications except Serato DJ Pro installed.
rickybattini 6:18 PM - 5 May, 2018
Quote:
Yes, I have issues after the new april update my serato DJ Pro 2.02 works well when connected to my SL3 Hardware but in offline player mode, Play back is slow and distorted Very bad quality.

If I use SSL its 100% working fine. Tried Uninstalling reinstalling multiple versions same issue. The update is blocking something.

Same issues.
r3k0 2:07 AM - 6 May, 2018
Ffs, these Win 10 updates suck for sure, luckily im on wifi only with a metered connection so its not been forced yet.
BoogieMan34950 5:13 AM - 6 May, 2018
I'm no computer Tec! but a computer builder has warned me not to update, I know you have heard of Intel & AMD Spectre & Meltdown vulnerabilities software & hardware patches well they slow down your computer {don't ask for details look it up}. They now they have 8 new Spectre-Class Vulnerabilities found in Intel CPUs and Microsoft may add a patch to this Tuesday Update. I have set my computer to not update!
BEST
BOOGIE
BoogieMan34950 5:16 AM - 6 May, 2018
Sorry to repost it's called Spectre-Nex Generation
pudpoh 1:47 PM - 6 May, 2018
From my testing it works fine and performs just the same as with the previous build of Windows 10. Sounds like the stuttering problems you are encountering are being caused by the high dpi screen support. Serato puts a huge load onto the pcs GPU if you have a high dpi screen, this is what is causing all the stuttering. Open your task manager and look at the performance tab, you will see your GPU being clobbered by it. In normal performance mode it doesn't seem to suffer as badly as is only updating a smaller portion of the screen. Something isn't right with the way the latest versions of Serato draws the screen.
r3k0 1:59 PM - 6 May, 2018
Im using an Alienware 17, 980 gfx, real shame i can play intensive FPS games on it but not run Serato smoothly :-/
pudpoh 2:04 PM - 6 May, 2018
Have you forced Serato to use your 980 gfx? If you haven't it won't use it and will use the onboard graphics because the is thinks it's basic 2d graphics which shouldn't require anything more powerful than the onboard card. If you go into the graphics card settings and add Serato DJ and tell it to use your 980 gfx you should get some performance improvement.
r3k0 2:17 PM - 6 May, 2018
I tried that when using Win 7 with my 62 few months ago and it was even worse, lots of lag and glitching the music.... Something to do with openGL and how Serato works. Is a bit poo tbh :-/

At the mo its fine, i have an image from about 2 weeks ago so il get it on the NIC and let it update and see what happens, only 2 mins to re-image if it all goes tits up.
rickybattini 3:14 PM - 6 May, 2018
Quote:
Im using an Alienware 17, 980 gfx, real shame i can play intensive FPS games on it but not run Serato smoothly :-/

Quote:
Have you forced Serato to use your 980 gfx? If you haven't it won't use it and will use the onboard graphics because the is thinks it's basic 2d graphics which shouldn't require anything more powerful than the onboard card. If you go into the graphics card settings and add Serato DJ and tell it to use your 980 gfx you should get some performance improvement.

I forced Serato to use my nvidia 1050 gtx with 4 Gb dedicated ram, but i have the same problem in practice mode.
r3k0 3:21 PM - 6 May, 2018
Yes idd, from what i remember it was offline mode.
Dj Delta-Vita 3:44 PM - 6 May, 2018
I had a lot of problems with my video music files (mp4) 15 fps and less for HD videos
After 3 months i found the solution (please read this Serato team)
I uninstall complete the QuickTime 7.Restart the laptop.Then i install it again but with custom installation.What i mean ? I install it all but with not the quick time player...and that's it...
now it plays all my video music files with 80 fps
Serato make a test please.
Dj Delta-Vita 3:45 PM - 6 May, 2018
Quote:
I had a lot of problems with my video music files (mp4) 15 fps and less for HD videos
After 3 months i found the solution (please read this Serato team)
I uninstall complete the QuickTime 7.Restart the laptop.Then i install it again but with custom installation.What i mean ? I install it all but with not the quick time player...and that's it...
now it plays all my video music files with 80 fps
Serato make a test please.

Download quicktime 7 from here support.apple.com
Comrade Tulayev 5:42 PM - 7 May, 2018
Played for 6 hours straight at a picnic yesterday, with the new Windows 10 update. Worked perfectly.
r3k0 6:47 PM - 7 May, 2018
Quote:
Played for 6 hours straight at a picnic yesterday, with the new Windows 10 update. Worked perfectly.

Have you used offline mode tho? (With no hardware)
Comrade Tulayev 7:02 PM - 7 May, 2018
I have very little use for it, so no.
r3k0 7:37 PM - 7 May, 2018
Ok, i think that's where a lot of the issue's are for most peeps.
I use it once a week to prep my crate for my weekly show, do it sat down as i cant be doing with standing up at my decks for so long :D
DJ Tiny Ranking 6:05 PM - 14 May, 2018
Just have QuickTime 7 running in the background. It works online and offline without any problems ie stuttering. But turn off QuickTime 7 and the stuttering returns which is very quite annoying trust me. Hope this helps all serato fans bless up peace out.
DJ Little Nemo 12:00 AM - 15 May, 2018
HI there, samepb here since the 1803 update !

Songs are stutterring in offline mode.

I tried to switch to the internal graphic card instead of my Nvidia GTX, the problem is still there, even though less often.
r3k0 12:03 AM - 15 May, 2018
Fk em, im just gonna install Windows 95 FFS!!!

1803 has fkd my Htpc yesterday aswell, 1703 fkd my gaming rig.
These MS update really do suck balls!!
DJDimi 10:22 AM - 15 May, 2018
Hi, I have the stuttering in standalone mode allready with the windows 10 version 1709.

I can solve the problem by loading the driver of my controller manually, then it is working without distortion.
BeatWiz 5:55 AM - 16 May, 2018
I have the same problem! Distorted sound in offline mode after the Windows update.

What is the fix for this? Manually loading the controller driver?
Dj Delta-Vita 10:40 AM - 16 May, 2018
Quote:
I have the same problem! Distorted sound in offline mode after the Windows update.

Try this :
photos.app.goo.gl
Aptidda 3:50 PM - 16 May, 2018
Quote:

Fix1. =

Tools required: Large body of water, computer fully charged and powered on, arm strength.
a.)Locate body of water, or area with at least 2 feet depth of water. I suggest; pool's, the ocean, bathtubs, sinks, buckets, puddles, lake’s, reservoirs.
b.)Open up laptop and power on, ensuring battery is fully charged.
c.)Clench laptop from side, use arm strength to thrust computer towards said body of water.
d.)Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Fix 2. (recommended)=

Tools required: Vehicle, computer fully charged, arm strength.
a.)Grasp computer and bring with you into vehicle, ensure fully charged and powered on.
b.)Sit in drivers side and start vehicle, ensure Microsoft computer is in passenger seat and easily accessible.
c.)Locate highway and directions to Apple store, get up to speed limit (at least 55 MPH).
d.)Grasp computer with arm strength and thrust computer ensuring opened and powered on into center median.
e.)Continue following navigation to Apple store, walk into Apple store and purchase Apple computer.

If you would like any additional helpful tips and tricks feel free to reach out. Good luck with the fix buddy!
r3k0 3:55 PM - 16 May, 2018
:-D i would rather insert a large blunt object into my eye sockets repeatedly, than own an Apple product!

X
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:10 AM - 17 May, 2018
Quote:
Just have QuickTime 7 running in the background. It works online and offline without any problems ie stuttering. But turn off QuickTime 7 and the stuttering returns which is very quite annoying trust me. Hope this helps all serato fans bless up peace out.

This actually works. Thanks.
BeatWiz 4:59 AM - 17 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

This actually works. Thanks.

Agree! Works for me too.

Thanks @DJ Tiny Ranking !!
r3k0 8:47 AM - 17 May, 2018
Just great, apple software fixes a fkn microsoft problem ;-) the squeaky troll clown will have a field day :-D
Party REALM 4:39 AM - 18 May, 2018
check this video, it helped me with some Windows issues

Watchwww.youtube.com
Display Fritsik 8:47 AM - 18 May, 2018
Well, same problem here.

I had my Windows Update on Wednesday evening. Before this update no issues at all

After update :

Serato DJ Pro 2.0.2 with controller connected, looks normal

Serato DJ Pro 2.0.2 stand alone, a disaster, distortion, stuttering, bad sound.

I have the impression that the stuttering of the sound has something to do with the 4K display of the waveforms...

Impossible to prepare a crate off-line.

I hope this is solved very quickly by WINDOWS/SERATO ?

If anyone has an idea how to solve this temporarily, you are welcome

KR

Frits

specs : ACER PREDATOR 17X , 32 GB Ram, I7 processor, Nvidia GTX 1080 , 4K resolution.
Christ beats I. 10:45 AM - 18 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, you made my day.

Mac runs fine but pc also, no issues and in Europe, most DJ i've seen are more and more moving to Pc's due to the price of Macbooks. No crash reported until now :p

I agree that Mac are an excellent choice but I have a Windows 10 PC that runs Traktor Pro 2 flawlessly and Serato DJ. The only problem that I have come across is Serato DJ Pro 2.0 upwards has problems reading MP4 files.
Comrade Tulayev 3:37 PM - 18 May, 2018
Just had this issue. I added about 12 files I had bought on Beatport, no problems until the last file added, when the sound became distorted and track seemed slow and stuttery. This was in offline mode without controller.

Win 10, latest update, i57200u @ 2.50GHz and 8Gb RAM, fully optimised for Serato.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:29 AM - 19 May, 2018
This was the worst update ever for me. Corrupted my profile, couldn't repair it. Had to do fresh install and delete all my apps.
DJ D.A.N. 5:42 AM - 19 May, 2018
With 2 gigs coming up on the weekend, I began to prepare my sets on the offline player... Halfway through the process, Windows nagged me that the April 2018 update was ready to install. Fearing a windows update during a LIVE set, I gave in and installed it.

Half an hour later, I continued preparing my sets- that's when I noticed the crackling and wobbly waveforms. There was no distortion prior to the update, so I was kicking myself for updating. I plugged in my DDJ-SX2 and fortunately the sound was unaffected.

I jumped on the SERATO forums and found DJ Tiny Ranking's advice to have Quicktime 7 running in the background. PROBLEM SOLVED! I seem to remember having the option to install Quicktime when I first installed Serato DJ, but like other PC users, my dislike of Apple led me to not install it.

In short, if you have this issue (and don't have Quicktime installed)- don't bother messing around with the USB latency and other settings. Install Quicktime. Hopefully the next Serato DJ update will address this issue.
DJ Tecniq 5:52 PM - 19 May, 2018
This is why Windows sucks. Time to upgrade to a Mac fellas. No more stress. Praying for you all🙏🏼
r3k0 5:56 PM - 19 May, 2018
Haha, i pity the fool!!
Comrade Tulayev 6:54 PM - 19 May, 2018
Done an hour long jungle mix this afternoon, no problems with my controller plugged in
BoogieMan34950 10:08 PM - 19 May, 2018
Windows 10 Pro 16GB ram 64bit (Running 1709 deferred update 30 days) Everything running smooth as butter!
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:43 PM - 19 May, 2018
Quote:
This is why Windows sucks. Time to upgrade to a Mac fellas. No more stress. Praying for you all🙏🏼

I've been on Windows & Serato since 2007 with Vista, 7, 8, and now 10. This is my first real computer issue. I'll take this in stride and stay where I'm at.

FTR it's been all the Mac people crying and complaining that last couple of years with issues.
r3k0 12:13 AM - 20 May, 2018
Dont listen to No Cred mate, not worth the effort ;-)
Rob J 1:04 AM - 20 May, 2018
Macs have plenty of problems, too. There’s enough problems on both platforms. This shouldn’t need to be said, but it’s truth. Pure truth.
Display Fritsik 2:40 PM - 20 May, 2018
Yesterday I had an 8 hrs party with controller connected and everthing went "almost" smoothly.

Today I'm opening Serato and I have again the same stuttering and distortion, in stand alone mode.

But yesterday I noticed something else weird even with the controller connected. Normally I have my 4 DDJ SX2 mix faders/channels on the screen.

And previously it was still possible the open the little extra windows for the special effects or the samplers with the four channels displayed.

This wasn't working anymore and I was obliged to go to a 2 channel view. Serato reacted, that there was not enough space on the screen.

I work in high resolution mode because I have a 4 K screen.
Display Fritsik 2:51 PM - 20 May, 2018
Hello All,

I this discussion, I see a kind of a battle between Apple & Windows.

For me this is a bit ridiculous. I f you buy a "decent" machine, It will work fine in both environments...

I use Serato & Rekordbox & VirtualDJ on the same computer and almost never have problems.

But one has to accept that if there is an update, whether from the Operating System or from the application, problems can occur...

Then it is up the us, users , to provide the correct feedback in order to solve the problem ASAP.

KR,

DJ Fritsik
BoogieMan34950 4:35 PM - 20 May, 2018
Quote:
Hello All,

For me this is a bit ridiculous. I f you buy a "decent" machine, It will work fine in both environments...

I use Serato & Rekordbox & VirtualDJ on the same computer and almost never have problems.

But one has to accept that if there is an update, whether from the Operating System or from the application, problems can occur...

Then it is up the us, users , to provide the correct feedback in order to solve the problem ASAP.

KR,

DJ Fritsik

The truth has been told & I second this!
jackdhouse 10:00 PM - 20 May, 2018
Quote:
Hello All,

KR,

DJ Fritsik

^^^This....along with determining whether your system needs a particular OS system or Application update. Personally I have Windows updates turned off. No need to update if everything is working fine or its found to be not needed.
r3k0 10:42 PM - 20 May, 2018
Turning off win updates cant be done on some versions tho.
jackdhouse 12:05 AM - 21 May, 2018
Quote:
Turning off win updates cant be done on some versions tho.

If theres a will, there's a way...lol. There should be a way to disable Windows Update Service. I use Windows 8 with no problems.
r3k0 1:05 AM - 21 May, 2018
Ah yes, easy in 7 and 8, not so easy in 10 pro and home :-/
CMOS 3:14 PM - 21 May, 2018
In Windows 10 disabling the Windows Update service will not stop windows updates from running as they have in the past. There are a number of hidden tasks and other things that will turn updates back on as Windows 10 is Software as a Service so MS wants everyone to stay up to date.

A quick easy way ive found to keep it disabled on a stand alone machine is to break the windows update service by changing the account it uses to logon. Normally it uses the local system account to run Windows Updates, changing it to the Guest account which doesnt have permissions to run this service will cause it to fail and prevent any updates until you decide the change it back.

To do this:

1. Press the Windows Key and R to bring up the RUN box.
2. Type Services.msc into the RUN box and press ok.
3. Find the Windows Update service and double click it.
4. Click the LOG ON tab.
5. Change the logon from using the local system account, enter GUEST with no password and press ok.

Now when windows update tries to run it will fail as the guest account cannot run this service.

You can change it back to working by changing it back to the local system account on the logon tab.
r3k0 8:39 PM - 21 May, 2018
Nice! Will do this on my Htpc after rolling back this wanky update!

Thanks Cmos!
DR BEAT DJ 12:49 AM - 22 May, 2018
Quote:

I have the same problem!!!
BoogieMan34950 2:06 AM - 22 May, 2018
How to Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10.
www.tenforums.com
Tairo Victor 1:57 PM - 24 May, 2018
Quote:
Have anyone installed this windows 10 April 2018 update and if so are there any issues with Serato DJ?
Thanks
Boogie

Hello everyone..

By chance I ended up finding a way to run Serato 2.0.2 on Windows 10 build 1803, in offline mode, without the audio issues.

It may serve as a first step for the support and development team to discover the root cause of the problem.

I realized that sometimes, while in offline mode, the serato worked perfectly for some time and then the audio problem returned.

It was then that I discovered that by leaving open a video file with a program called "Media Player Classic" (which installs several codecs for playing video files) Serato instantly runs perfectly, with no audio problems in offline mode .

If I close the video file, the problem comes back at the same time as well ...

I'm not sure why Serato is working again, but the good thing is that it works. Maybe this will help solve the problem.

Thanks and let me know if you get the same results I got.
r3k0 2:08 PM - 24 May, 2018
Sounds very similar to the Quicktime solution someone here posted. Miles better for me tho as i use mpc anyway so all good.
Ive still not up(down)graded to 1803 yet anyway, but always good to here of a temp fix.
Tairo Victor 2:30 PM - 24 May, 2018
Quote:
Sounds very similar to the Quicktime solution someone here posted. Miles better for me tho as i use mpc anyway so all good.
Ive still not up(down)graded to 1803 yet anyway, but always good to here of a temp fix.

I saw this msg as well... But I don't install the quicktime during Serato Installation... Always I cancel it because I don't use these formats... Just to note...
r3k0 2:31 PM - 24 May, 2018
Yup! Same here.
Tairo Victor 6:00 PM - 24 May, 2018
Quote:
Yup! Same here.

I just discovered another program, which opened in the background, makes Serato work normally ..

It's my Audio Player called AIMP

LOL strange isn't it?
r3k0 6:10 PM - 24 May, 2018
Very!
popnwave 3:29 PM - 25 May, 2018
Stupid April update broke a bunch of my stuff at the office as well. So annoyed.
r3k0 3:32 PM - 25 May, 2018
Yup, its bobbins!!
b0rG 11:14 AM - 26 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks
Boogie

Hello everyone..

By chance I ended up finding a way to run Serato 2.0.2 on Windows 10 build 1803, in offline mode, without the audio issues.

It may serve as a first step for the support and development team to discover the root cause of the problem.

I realized that sometimes, while in offline mode, the serato worked perfectly for some time and then the audio problem returned.

It was then that I discovered that by leaving open a video file with a program called "Media Player Classic" (which installs several codecs for playing video files) Serato instantly runs perfectly, with no audio problems in offline mode .

I'm not sure why Serato is working again, but the good thing is that it works. Maybe this will help solve the problem.

Works for me, just running a video on Windows Media Player does the trick... When I stop the video but keeps the program running, the music still sounds fine. When I close the program, the music is back distorted; very strange....
BoogieMan34950 11:38 AM - 28 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks
Boogie

Hello everyone..

Works for me, just running a video on Windows Media Player does the trick... When I stop the video but keeps the program running, the music still sounds fine. When I close the program, the music is back distorted; very strange....

I'm no computer Tec. & thinking out loud. But does anyone know if Serato pays royalty to the owners of the Audio & Video codes? My understanding is if they pay royalties they wouldn't need other players for playback. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Best
Boogie
Display Fritsik 8:13 AM - 4 June, 2018
Hello to All,

Yesterday I installed the latest Serato Pro Version 2.0.3

Unfortunately, the problem of bad sound, distortion and stuttering remained when using Serato in stand-alone mode.

But used with my controller DDJSX2 = Serato ok.

Anyone has still the same issue too ?

thanks for yr feedback

KR

DJ Fritsik
BoogieMan34950 2:11 PM - 4 June, 2018
I'm still using 1709 with SD 203 & no problems will update to 1803 sometime this month.
Aptidda 3:37 PM - 4 June, 2018
Fortunately everyone using Windows is having issues. Its not Serato's fault that you chose to cut corners and penny pinch on the single most important piece of equipment (your computer) to use whilst DJ'ing.

Quite frankly windows / PC's are best if you want to spin ONLY vinyl. That way you can reliably play mp3 breakbeats off Windows Media player via your 1/8 inch headphone jack into your mixer, that's about the best your gonna get.
BoogieMan34950 4:54 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:
Fortunately everyone using Windows is having issues. Its not Serato's fault that you chose to cut corners and penny pinch on the single most important piece of equipment (your computer) to use whilst DJ'ing.

Quite frankly windows / PC's are best if you want to spin ONLY vinyl. That way you can reliably play mp3 breakbeats off Windows Media player via your 1/8 inch headphone jack into your mixer, that's about the best your gonna get.
I'm not having any problems & my gig rig is Windows XP Pro.
Aptidda 4:55 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure Boogie, i'm sure...
BoogieMan34950 5:27 PM - 4 June, 2018
If it is not broke don't fix it. Having the latest OS is not the best thing to do & I don't use laptops only custom built Daw Boxes rack mount. Why the Military Can’t Quit Windows XP slate.com
Aptidda 6:19 PM - 4 June, 2018
rack mount DAW boxes? Ewwwww, gross.
YZ 6:28 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:

Rather impressive, however I'd still like you to get your head examined as soon as possible. Running Windows with Serato DJ is crazy enough, if you were my friend I'd remove your name and email from my cell phone immediately. Running Windows "XP" indicates you may have some serious head trauma so I'm somewhat concerned.

Next topic, Federal govt machines rarely get updated and have to go through rigorous approval process's, IT guys want to change it but can't because most govt employees are lazy and old af and hate when things are updated or changed... even worse, the shitty ass legacy apps that some govt agencies use were built when you were a sperm and those apps are so badly written that they have to be rewritten from the ground up to even be compatible with Microsoft's latest OS.

Regardless, your shit will fail in the worst possible way... when you're not expecting. Everything you're using to dj is supported by nobody. Good luck my friend.
Aptidda 6:33 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Rather impressive, however I'd still like you to get your head examined as soon as possible. Running Windows with Serato DJ is crazy enough, if you were my friend I'd remove your name and email from my cell phone immediately. Running Windows "XP" indicates you may have some serious head trauma so I'm somewhat concerned.

Next topic, Federal govt machines rarely get updated and have to go through rigorous approval process's, IT guys want to change it but can't because most govt employees are lazy and old af and hate when things are updated or changed... even worse, the shitty ass legacy apps that some govt agencies use were built when you were a sperm and those apps are so badly written that they have to be rewritten from the ground up to even be compatible with Microsoft's latest OS.

Regardless, your shit will fail in the worst possible way... when you're not expecting. Everything you're using to dj is supported by nobody. Good luck my friend.

Amen! And preach the facts about Government. Thing about it is at the Govt. there is no motivation to do "better" or "improve" because everyone is in the Union, cant get fired and the worst people for the job are always in the top positions, because they cant be fired and work for 20 years to get their fatty pensions and free health care.

And agree man get your head checked Windows is for suckas.
BoogieMan34950 7:18 PM - 4 June, 2018
I didn't say I used SDJ with XP, my gig rig is XP. I use SDJ to record, rip, playback & practice in my bedroom with my 808 [first time using a controller] My computer for SDJ will be here in Dec. I use my 15 year old XP Pro dawbox to play at gigs, video & karaoke with no problem. I'm using version 1.75 with a free upgrade to 2.0 they are at 1.94 but I will not upgrade till I get my new Windows 10 Dawbox.
YZ 3:22 PM - 5 June, 2018
Quote:
I didn't say I used SDJ with XP, my gig rig is XP. I use SDJ to record, rip, playback & practice in my bedroom with my 808 [first time using a controller] My computer for SDJ will be here in Dec. I use my 15 year old XP Pro dawbox to play at gigs, video & karaoke with no problem. I'm using version 1.75 with a free upgrade to 2.0 they are at 1.94 but I will not upgrade till I get my new Windows 10 Dawbox.

It doesn't matter, the fact that you're still using Windows XP (for anything other than archiving trojans and malware) indicates you've suffered some serious head trauma. Did you book your appointment yet? My friend Kanye can get you a referral if you'd like?
BoogieMan34950 5:01 PM - 5 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

It doesn't matter, the fact that you're still using Windows XP (for anything other than archiving trojans and malware) indicates you've suffered some serious head trauma. Did you book your appointment yet? My friend Kanye can get you a referral if you'd like?

LOL, get a life!
popnwave 8:56 PM - 5 June, 2018
Of all the stuff to troll people about, XP is probably the least worthy. That's like saying your 1200s are bunk because they aren't MK5s or something. If it works, it works.
BoogieMan34950 10:07 PM - 5 June, 2018
Quote:
Of all the stuff to troll people about, XP is probably the least worthy. That's like saying your 1200s are bunk because they aren't MK5s or something. If it works, it works.

Thank you, if it works for you that's all you need. Everything has it a place and the software I'm using works with XP. They have updated version for Windows 10 & Mac but I use XP without any problems. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Today we have Spector & Meltdown and some others so it doesn't matter what System you have Windows, Mac, Android, IOS if you bought it in the last 10yrs it been affected. It is not Serato fault or your software Its the guys that make your computer parts.
Cwite 9:13 PM - 8 June, 2018
Reporting in the same issue with the update. This installed on my system today, also, the same work around works too.

I don't recall the option to update. It just updated on power up.
BoogieMan34950 9:43 PM - 8 June, 2018
Quote:
Reporting in the same issue with the update. This installed on my system today, also, the same work around works too.

I don't recall the option to update. It just updated on power up.

This may help, I have my computer setup to manually connect to the internet not automatically and have updates deferred using Windows Pro.
Aptidda 10:02 PM - 8 June, 2018
lol, wow those PC's are great huh guys?
Samininja 4:51 PM - 9 June, 2018
#teamapple #teamwindows, what is Serato doing to ensure their products work with the updates?
WildcardX 5:16 PM - 9 June, 2018
Quote:
#teamapple #teamwindows, what is Serato doing to ensure their products work with the updates?

Wish Serato would start doing #Teamlinux but ...ah well
ste-g89 7:23 PM - 9 June, 2018
For the offline player audio stutter, random fix I seem to have found is turn down the "maximum screen updates per second" (in serato settings) down to about 15 rather that 60. yes the visual becomes a little stuttered but audio is fixed. it worked for me might help someone else out to.
PaulT99 8:37 PM - 13 June, 2018
Quote:

RE Serato, and the latest Win10 (April 2018 update), and distorting sound.
Download apple quicktime player. Open it, and leave it running in the background. Serato then operates perfectly !!!.

Nuts i know, but thats a workaround for now.
PaulT99 8:43 PM - 13 June, 2018
Posted the workaround above.
This seems to happen alot, So to play it safe i brought another laptop second hand.
i7 Quad core with 16GB.

Installed Win7 x64 with all the correct drivers from HP.
It will NOT be connected to the internet, and just runs Serato dedicated and nothing else.
No AV installed, nothing.

Problem solved.
All music i will transfer across with a USB HDD. So keeping a stable Serato machine that will not keep updating.
BoogieMan34950 9:02 PM - 13 June, 2018
Quote:
Posted the workaround above.
This seems to happen alot, So to play it safe i brought another laptop second hand.
i7 Quad core with 16GB.

Installed Win7 x64 with all the correct drivers from HP.
It will NOT be connected to the internet, and just runs Serato dedicated and nothing else.
No AV installed, nothing.

Problem solved.
All music i will transfer across with a USB HDD. So keeping a stable Serato machine that will not keep updating.

Now thats the best way & I 2nd this fix.
Display Fritsik 8:57 AM - 14 June, 2018
Hello,

Unfortunately, the problem of bad sound, distortion and stuttering remains when using Serato in stand-alone mode under Windows 10...

Used with my controller DDJSX2 = Serato ok.

How Long do we still have to wait for a solution pls ???

Honestly...I'm getting closer and closer to a move to Pioneer Rekorbox...

KR

DJ Fritsik
Display Fritsik 8:57 AM - 14 June, 2018
Quote:
Hello,

Unfortunately, the problem of bad sound, distortion and stuttering remains when using Serato in stand-alone mode under Windows 10...

Used with my controller DDJSX2 = Serato ok.

How Long do we still have to wait for a solution pls ???

Honestly...I'm getting closer and closer to a move to Pioneer Rekordbox...

KR

DJ Fritsik
popnwave 3:06 PM - 14 June, 2018
Use the work around as mentioned.
Display Fritsik 3:10 PM - 14 June, 2018
First of all. I don't like work arounds...I like solutions.

Which work around...There are already many proposals here....
popnwave 3:24 PM - 14 June, 2018
See which one is easiest for you to try. I would try having one of the mentioned media players open in the background and see if that helps.

If you think Rekordbox is remotely better, more power to you, the forums are dead! Go read some of the issues that have lingered there for years as well. I own both and consistently come back to Serato.
Display Fritsik 3:50 PM - 14 June, 2018
I opened a ticket at the Serato helpdesk...

I had many discussions in this ticket...

I sent technical specs of my computer to Serato...

I installed latest version 2.0.3...

But no solution yet....

And I also own and follow Rekordbox for a long time by the way.
YZ 5:08 PM - 14 June, 2018
Sheesh, you have Windows AND Rekordbox?
popnwave 5:11 PM - 14 June, 2018
Quote:
I opened a ticket at the Serato helpdesk...

I had many discussions in this ticket...

I sent technical specs of my computer to Serato...

I installed latest version 2.0.3...

But no solution yet....

so·lu·tion - a means of solving a problem or dealing with a difficult situation.

There is a solution, maybe the language barrier is at work here, but if you're here to gripe but not do what it takes to have your stuff working like everyone else, that is your choice.
Display Fritsik 5:39 PM - 14 June, 2018
My dear Sir,

I would like to open Serato and have it working ...like it used to work ...without distortion.

The problem has definitely something to do with a Windows update...

I'm quite sure that the root cause can be found...

Better stop this discussion now.

Thank you.
YZ 10:36 PM - 14 June, 2018
Quote:
My dear Sir,

I would like to open Serato and have it working ...like it used to work ...without distortion.

Thank you.

Dear Sir,

The root cause is Windows is trash. Rather than dealing with the shitty bootleg ported application that we offer, we suggest you save your bus money and purchase a Macbook if you want to use Serato.

Thank you and have a great day!
fetex 4:14 AM - 15 June, 2018
The root cause is Serato not compatible with the new Windows updated.
If windows had an issue you would have to deal with slow playback on all media players.

i tried reinstall Serato application on 5 computers so far with windows 1803 and all have the same issue.
Mainevent337 8:05 PM - 15 June, 2018
How Long do we still have to wait for a solution pls …. would like to open Serato and have it working ...like it used to work ...without distortion.
Display Fritsik 8:15 PM - 15 June, 2018
@serato

I really do think that it is time to work day And night in order to solve this issue.. .

Too Many people are having this bug now.

KR

DJ Fritsik
ron pasco 12:28 AM - 16 June, 2018
the only time I actually need to record something by tomorrow and this distortion issue is happening... Even sent in a help request.. No answer yet. ahhhhhh this sucks
DJ Quickmix 2:13 AM - 16 June, 2018
A quick fix that I found was to turn down your "Maxium Screen Updates Per second" in the display section and it'll play better. Serato was working fine for me offline until the update...Hopefully it works for ya'll...I have a wedding to do tomorrow and I don't have time for this bull
djstanrd 4:11 PM - 18 June, 2018
It happens to some that playing with serato dj pro in windows 10 usually for hours connected to the electrical power, and when you disconnect the connection from the laptop, the playback freezes and slows down sounding dislodged for a long time ... and then it then gives a blue screen and restarts

Note: (when I disconnect the power and return and connect it ... the freezing normalizes and follows the normal reproduction in serato dj)

all this using rane 62 in windows 10 intel i5 8gb ram
Mainevent337 6:04 PM - 18 June, 2018
Also wondering if this is causing volume issues with the distortion... I have the Roland 202... using a HP Daemon 2tb Window 10 nothing on it all my music is on a external hard drive.... Serato really needs to look into this as fast as possible.... not happy with quality control in regards to response to problems with serato software
DJ Species 4:12 PM - 19 June, 2018
So you are using windows. Windows 10 has automatic update feature which will automatically update your pc, sometime you may need to restart sometimes. But I think Intel pc's work better in times of rendering. So any core i3, i5 8th gen/7th gen pc should work smoothly.
Aptidda 6:12 PM - 19 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
My dear Sir,

Thank you.

This is the only solution..... End thread.

Dear Sir,

The root cause is Windows is trash. Rather than dealing with the shitty bootleg ported application that we offer, we suggest you save your bus money and purchase a Macbook if you want to use Serato.

Thank you and have a great day!
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:49 PM - 19 June, 2018
My 2nd backup PC is a basic Dell XPS 13, i7 8gb of RAM. I have 2 MacBooks for Djing. So decided to install Serato on this Dell prior to which I did all the optimization as per Serato. Lord have mercy Serato on Windows is pants.

Instant double I get a small pause before the sound comes out, so workflow is affected.

No way will I be planning to use Serato on Windows to play out live.

I even tried the 32bit version to see if it's my Laptop that couldn't handle 64bit.

Running Windows 10 home edition the April update aswell. Rane 62.

I will try with a controller next to see if it's DVS causing me strife on the machine.

I feel your pain Windows users, Serato needs a total rewrite for Windows I think.
r3k0 7:06 PM - 19 June, 2018
Mac = Wackkk. Nuff said!!
Aptidda 9:00 PM - 19 June, 2018
Quote:
Mac = Wackkk. Nuff said!!

Is your Avatar really what you did to your Rane 72? You should be ashamed of yourself. I hope Windows gets PHASED out like it should be. Mac= King.
jackdhouse 9:41 PM - 19 June, 2018
Quote:
I hope Windows gets PHASED out like it should be.

Have fun promoting that. That endevour should keep you quite busy, considering 90% of all computers in use are anything but Macs. Macs are just overpriced locked down Unix boxes.
Aptidda 11:53 PM - 19 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Have fun promoting that. That endevour should keep you quite busy, considering 90% of all computers in use are anything but Macs. Macs are just overpriced locked down Unix boxes.

With an intuitive fluid user interface that all performing artists use. So bummed about how great my computer is always working :-( , if I were stupid I would have got a PC- wait! Oh yeah me smarts and makes good decisions.
YZ 2:42 AM - 20 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

... which makes you 1 of those in that 90% dumb enough to run an app developed for mac, on a windows platform. Get with the times bro, you can use windows to work on your dj resume with Word when you get home.
Mainevent337 7:03 AM - 20 June, 2018
At the end of the day it does not matter if you use a Mac or PC if a company has a disclaimer saying that their product does not work with one particular brand then I'm pretty sure Serato would not have window users purchase said products.... to anyone that have any helpful advice it is greatly appreciated to the ones that would like to cause chaos we would appreciate that you keep your comments to yourself that our negative in regards to this discussion.... professionalism starts with your attitude not your money or equipment
CMOS 8:14 PM - 20 June, 2018
[quote[At the end of the day it does not matter if you use a Mac or PC[/quote\

Wrong, it definitely matters. Ive been a Windows systems administrator for over 20 years, have all kinds of Microsoft certifications.

The program simply runs WAY better on a mac. Yes it works on both, but performance on the mac is better and smoother with less issues. Not to say there arent any issues, but its a night and day difference between Mac and PC for Serato.

I wish it wasnt so as i love PCs, but it is what it is.
CMOS 8:14 PM - 20 June, 2018
They cant add an edit button and you want 2 perfectly working platforms lol.
r3k0 12:23 AM - 21 June, 2018
Quote:

Is your Avatar really what you did to your Rane 72?

Your damn straight!! More metal FTW :D
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:58 AM - 21 June, 2018
Quote:

Wrong, it definitely matters. Ive been a Windows systems administrator for over 20 years, have all kinds of Microsoft certifications.

The program simply runs WAY better on a mac. Yes it works on both, but performance on the mac is better and smoother with less issues. Not to say there arent any issues, but its a night and day difference between Mac and PC for Serato.

Dunno man. I can only speak for me, but until this update I have had zero issues with Serato on Windows. Ran perfectly on less than stellar machines. It is now back to working perfectly for me.
r3k0 1:08 AM - 21 June, 2018
Yes same here, used a friends mac a few times and it runs exactly the same as my pc tbh.
Aptidda 6:57 PM - 21 June, 2018
Quote:
Yes same here, used a friends mac a few times and it runs exactly the same as my pc tbh.

don't lie, your not being honest. PC's are for the lower class, just to clarify here is a definition: the social group that has the lowest status; the working class.
r3k0 7:16 PM - 21 June, 2018
Rather be working class than a middle class gullible retard! :-P ;-)
Aptidda 8:04 PM - 21 June, 2018
Quote:

to each their own I guess, lmk if you do yard work or home cleaning. Located in the Bay Area and in dire need of these services for my new home.
Comrade Tulayev 8:37 PM - 21 June, 2018
Fuck middle class wankers
r3k0 8:45 PM - 21 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

to each their own I guess, lmk if you do yard work or home cleaning. Located in the Bay Area and in dire need of these services for my new home.

Haha, ya more peasant than Oliver the Twist ;-)
Aptidda 9:30 PM - 21 June, 2018
Ya I wouldn't say Middle Class, def upper Middle Class well-heeled, well-to-do, moneyed comfortable living kinda guy ya know. Again, still looking for someone to mow my vast lawn, fertilize my vegetable garden, pick some apples out of my orchard and pour some new stamped concrete on the driveway.....
r3k0 9:52 PM - 21 June, 2018
Stfu Baldrick!! :-D
mixgoonie 10:21 PM - 21 June, 2018
Had similar issue, even with just recording with Audacity and my Audio DJ4, so this time in directsound and not Asio like it is in Serato.

The issue seems related to the 1803 version, downgraded to 1709. Issue solved.
mixgoonie 8:28 AM - 22 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Dunno man. I can only speak for me, but until this update I have had zero issues with Serato on Windows. Ran perfectly on less than stellar machines. It is now back to working perfectly for me.

I don't really agree, used it on a hackingtosh EL capitan and WIndows 8, Windows 8 was way smoother and faster even to startup. Yosemite remain a bit equal in speed than WIndows 8.

But this time, WIndows really fucked up with 1803, audacity, wavepad, all recording tools are having issues with that update. I will stay on 1709 for a long period i think ;)
Diiijay 3:44 PM - 22 June, 2018
Problem solved! I formatted the PC and installed Windows 7. No more problems with updates. The computer will only be offline. It's Flat Rolling! SeratoDJ does not have any problem. I'm not a SeratoDJ fan. I only use it because I got it from my boss. I prefer VirtualDJ. Much better!
DJ Tecniq 8:09 PM - 22 June, 2018
^ a clean install will usually always fix things. Good to hear
fulgerik 6:36 PM - 23 June, 2018
had same problem with audio on offline mode, reverted back to windows built 1709. Problem solved...
Partynauten.com 2:34 PM - 24 June, 2018
Could we please stop dispensing entirely useless comments like buying an Apple or reinstalling the system. These do not help anyone who has the problem.

Unfortunately, I also had the problem of bad sound, distortion and stuttering remains when using Serato in stand-alone mode AFTER updating Windows 10 April Release.

It looks like this fix will reset the computer to default settings. I changed the Default-Setting in Enhanced Power-Options - Processor Power Management - Processor Mimimum Processor State from 5% (Default) to 30%. After theis my Serato 2.0.3 plays the music on Offline Mode (no Hardware is connected) as I expected it to here.

This Fix works for me = Solved, But Root cause = unknown :-(
Partynauten.com 2:54 PM - 24 June, 2018
No, Sorry, that was not the Fix. After several reboots the same problem is back. Very Bad.

Is the only solution to downgrade to the previous built of Windows?
r3k0 3:13 PM - 24 June, 2018
Seems like the best option, or run and audio player in background (not tried this as im still on 1709)
Partynauten.com 5:09 PM - 24 June, 2018
Ok, I tried two things: I installed QuickTime 7.7.9 and started Windows Media Player before starting Serato.

Now the offline mode works well (until further notice).

I think the installation of QuickTime came with the solution, but I need to reboot and then recheck.
r3k0 5:27 PM - 24 June, 2018
I think most video/music players will do the same job from what ive seen.
YZ 2:51 PM - 25 June, 2018
Quote:
No, Sorry, that was not the Fix. After several reboots the same problem is back. Very Bad.

Is the only solution to downgrade to the previous built of Windows?

Clean install
Mainevent337 7:02 PM - 29 June, 2018
This is not very productive that Serato has not addressed this issue....can some from Serato Answer questions and concerns
Justin Jacobs 3:45 PM - 2 July, 2018
I've experienced this problem in offline mode as well. A fix that worked for me was to start video mode once that started and opened the video window the music played fine. You can turn off video mode and it continues to work and sound fine.
david07 8:43 PM - 6 July, 2018
There is a note from Serato informing about the problem 🙄 It is a bit weird something so serious and it does not say anything
david07 8:54 PM - 6 July, 2018
every day I have more clear that to work well use a mac or mount a hackintosh, with windows and sdj something always happens
r3k0 11:03 AM - 7 July, 2018
Quote:
This is not very productive that Serato has not addressed this issue....can some from Serato Answer questions and concerns

HAHA, what you think this is?? the Serato forums???? DOH!!!
david07 12:27 PM - 10 July, 2018
Cambiar a español
with Mac if it warns about incompatibilities, in Windows nothing, of course in the forums they talk about problems but serato does not say anything and that is not very normal unless Windows does not interest them
david07 12:40 PM - 10 July, 2018
and so that this section of the blog of this page, Windows 10 build 1803 there are problems with serato dj,
distortion when you play a song; Is not this serious?
espavilaos and solve the problem because it is quite serious
david07 12:41 PM - 10 July, 2018
Sorry my english
Zeneski5150 4:20 PM - 18 July, 2018
Quote:
Thanks
Boogie

Hello, I have windows 10 and i tried downloading the new update and i screwed up so i erased all the update files and tried again, and it wont let me, saying the file already exists, even though I searched my computer and couldn't find any files??? if you please help I would appreciate it, thank you for your time!!!
Mainevent337 5:43 PM - 18 July, 2018
I don't know at this may help us are not really scared to use are turn on my laptop to update.
Can someone find information

Microsoft Released Windows 10 Cumulative Updates KB4345421 & KB4345420..Microsoft has just released new cumulative updates for the Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703), Fall Creators Update (version 1709), and April 2018 Update (version 1803) to introduce a series of quality improvements.

www.bleepingcomputer.com
BoogieMan34950 6:51 PM - 18 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks
Boogie

Hello, I have windows 10 and i tried downloading the new update and i screwed up so i erased all the update files and tried again, and it wont let me, saying the file already exists, even though I searched my computer and couldn't find any files??? if you please help I would appreciate it, thank you for your time!!!

Before making any changes to your computer always do a backup so you can roll back if needed. To many Windows updates to trust.
BoogieMan34950 5:18 PM - 19 July, 2018
July 16, 2018, Microsoft Released Windows 10 Cumulative Updates KB4345421 & KB4345420 www.bleepingcomputer.com
BoogieMan34950 2:42 AM - 22 July, 2018
Microsoft release fixes for issues caused by the July 2018 Windows Update mspoweruser.com
Mainevent337 7:46 AM - 22 July, 2018
Did anyone use the update and did it fix this issue just checking
BoogieMan34950 1:29 PM - 22 July, 2018
Microsoft is all over the place with updates, I'm still on 1709 with July 16th updates & I don't have any problems now. Haven't installed the July 20 update I'm still looking into it. Good luck with this new Windows 10 we need it.
Best
Boogie
BoogieMan34950 3:49 PM - 22 July, 2018
Quote:
Did anyone use the update and did it fix this issue just checking

Checked my updates & MS updated my computer with this update without my knowledge {07/21/18}yesterday haven't found any issues yet only time will tell. Check this out www.bleepingcomputer.com
Rob J 4:07 AM - 24 July, 2018
Updated to Serato DJ Pro, and the offline player works perfectly fine once again. In fact, the installer doesn't even offer the Quicktime installer anymore, thus trimming the overall installation time. Tested it and it works great - so far. I uninstalled Quicktime and the associated Apple software (Updater, etc.). This makes me very happy as I enjoy the fact that I have just Serato DJ Pro installed on a dedicated laptop that is optimized for audio, and additional software is unwanted.
BoogieMan34950 2:41 PM - 24 July, 2018
Quote:
Updated to Serato DJ Pro, and the offline player works perfectly fine once again. In fact, the installer doesn't even offer the Quicktime installer anymore, thus trimming the overall installation time. Tested it and it works great - so far. I uninstalled Quicktime and the associated Apple software (Updater, etc.). This makes me very happy as I enjoy the fact that I have just Serato DJ Pro installed on a dedicated laptop that is optimized for audio, and additional software is unwanted.

What version of Windows are you using & what is your computer spec?
Thanks
Boogie
BoogieMan34950 8:45 PM - 24 July, 2018
Serato DJ Pro 2.0.4: 23 July, 2018

Serato DJ Pro support for the Numark Party Mix controller
Serato DJ Pro support for the Numark Party Mix Pro controller
Fixed Pioneer DDJ-SB3 hang after successful installation on Windows
Fixed audio issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update in practice mode / offline player
Rob J 1:13 AM - 25 July, 2018
Quote:
What version of Windows are you using & what is your computer spec?
Thanks
Boogie

My lappy, in basic, is a 6th Gen Core i7, 16GB RAM, GeForce graphics, and 1TB HDD (which I partitioned for track storage). Windows 10 Professional, and obviously the 2018 Spring Update (1803), which I installed cleanly. There is only Serato on this laptop.
Mainevent337 1:36 PM - 25 July, 2018
Thanks guys just did the New windows update for 10 edition... Also the new serrato 2.0.4 update fixed the problem for me....now going to Try and figure out how to keep my PC from automatically updating
OMEN by HP
•Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (2.8 GHz, up to 3.8 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores) + AMD Radeon™ RX 550 Graphics (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
•15.6" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
•16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
•2 TB 5400 rpm SATA; 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
•4-cell 70 Wh Lithium-ion polymer Battery
•802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo
•HP Wide Vision HD Camera with dual array digital microphone
•Windows 10 Home 64
•Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad
BoogieMan34950 1:58 PM - 25 July, 2018
Quote:
Thanks guys just did the New windows update for 10 edition... Also the new serrato 2.0.4 update fixed the problem for me....now going to Try and figure out how to keep my PC from automatically updating
OMEN by HP
•Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (2.8 GHz, up to 3.8 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores) + AMD Radeon™ RX 550 Graphics (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
•15.6" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
•16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
•2 TB 5400 rpm SATA; 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
•4-cell 70 Wh Lithium-ion polymer Battery
•802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo
•HP Wide Vision HD Camera with dual array digital microphone
•Windows 10 Home 64
•Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad

Take a look at this, hope it helps. How to Disable Windows 10 Update in Every Way
www.easeus.com
Best
Boogie
Mainevent337 2:37 PM - 25 July, 2018
Thanks my man... This is what being A DJ is about... At the end of the day it's not about the individual but the art and having pride in your skill craft and your passion..... To all the other D j's that help thank you very much...
BoogieMan34950 3:00 PM - 25 July, 2018
Quote:
Thanks my man... This is what being A DJ is about... At the end of the day it's not about the individual but the art and having pride in your skill craft and your passion..... To all the other D j's that help thank you very much...

I'm glad I could help, this forum is about helping each other & the love of music.
Best
Boogie
JMFT 2:54 AM - 21 November, 2019
i have been having severe issues with serato and win10 home and my latency. i am not cpu gifted enough to understand half of what is being said in this discussion. however i am hoping that maybe someone in here can walk me through my issues and can help fix the problems. i am including my specs as well. \
the problem is that i am having huge issues with sound. pops and crackles that are sometime very loud and noticable and other times you can barely here them. also there seems to be slight distortion in some of my tracks as well. i have contacted serato and pioneer to no avail. they just simply told me its a pc problem and not them. i agree to that but how do i fix it. i just got a ddj sx3 and have a HP pavilion gaming laptop. here are the specs for it
Intel core i5 -8300h cpu@2.30 ghz
ram 8gigs 7.93 available
64 bt os 64- based processor
1tb hdd
i also have a NVIDIA GE force graphics card that came installed as well as
HP's B&O play audio control that also came installed

if anyone is knowledgeable and patient enough to help i would be beyond grateful. i am at my wits end and have sunk so much money into the laptop and controller that i am practically homeless lol
please email me at mellowjtracey@gmail.com
serato admins if i have broken any forum rules i apologize
PaulT99 6:35 AM - 21 November, 2019
Its Windows 10 mate, get rid of it. You cannot use it professionally for DJing.

I was at a radio station just last week and every 5 or 6 mins or so when this DJ was on, CRACK, live on air !!.
I told him afterwards what the issue was.

Wipe the laptop, and re-built Win7 and then install all the correct HP drivers from their support website.. And use it only for DJing. Or buy another laptop and use that as a dedicated DJ Win7 laptop.
As it has the Nividia graphics, you should go ito the Nvidia panel, go to the DIVX processor and set it to use only the NVIDIA chip. That will take any load off the system CPU. you will also notice the scrolling waveforms much more smoother and fluid.
NukeBox 6:53 AM - 21 November, 2019
I second PaulT99, get rid of windows 10, nothing short of windows 10.1, 11, or whatever they will call it, will be usable in pro environment. However if your laptop somehow won't have windows 7 drivers, you can try windows 8.1 (8.1 only! Gods forbid you from using windows 8, tis crap). Get good ol' win 8.1, install classic shell to get rid of that ugly UI, and you're all set.
metroplex2005 2:55 PM - 21 November, 2019
Dual boot win 10 + win 7.
7 for audio purposes, 10 for gaming.
PaulT99 5:26 PM - 21 November, 2019
Quote:
Dual boot win 10 + win 7.
7 for audio purposes, 10 for gaming.

Absolute valid point yes. If disk space allows. Say you have 80GB free, install Win7 on a separate partition.
So you have your daily driver Win10, and then Win7 for dedicated DJ use where stability is required.
david07 7:44 PM - 21 November, 2019
they get updates daily, that's the problem, if I did as apple it would be something else
makkuso 8:01 PM - 21 November, 2019
Win 10 with local account and all updates disabled should work just fine. If something needs to be updated, then just get them manually...
makkuso 8:47 PM - 21 November, 2019
If possible go with windows 10 pro N. No pre-installed windows media apps and a bunch of other preinstalled stupid stuff...
Rob J 9:49 PM - 21 November, 2019
Keep in mind that it is next to impossible for updates to be shut off in the current Win10 environment. I am experimenting with Windows 7 on a dedicated laptop and enjoying it.
makkuso 9:59 PM - 21 November, 2019
Here...

www.easeus.com
makkuso 10:30 PM - 21 November, 2019
Personally i have always installed every update possible and never had any issues (i5-7300hq/16gbram/m2ssd+hdd/intel630+gtx1050ti). Also just helped a friend to get new (used) 7gen i7 hp omen for djing and no issues there also with everything updated, just removed useless programs. Weird...
JMFT 9:54 AM - 22 November, 2019
Thank you all for the advice. I have been truly struggling with this. I am not that cpu savy to begin to understand half of what is being advised but i do understand a lot.
Firstly is it possible to run serato in compatibility mode?
Next, i dont think the win 7 files exist on there any more. I think they got deleted. I had that same idea to go back to an old serato but wasnt sure if sdj pro would run with it. I also like the idea to partition it but im clueless as to where to begin to even try that. I have enough space on the hdd. Most of my stuff is on an external TB anyway. But i did get this laptop for more than just music. But first things first and thats to get serato running properly.
I also thought i would add that i hooked the laptop to a dofferent controller and had the same issue. But when my buddy hooked his to it, the dropouts were not there. So obviously it is not the controller.
Guys,again if anyone would like to chat personally please email me and i will give my phone number for easier chatting. I really appreciate any help someone is willing to give. Im dying to get back on the decks and get some content laid down for next years bookings. Thanks again
onthe1 8:14 PM - 15 December, 2019
I started a new thread on Windows 10 November 2019 (version 1909) and Serato DJ Pro here: serato.com