Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Does it make a difference if on windows or mac?

startupdj 12:28 PM - 1 May, 2018
Hey guys, I just installed a windows 10 partition on a MBP 2012 A1278 model. I did this because I run windows based music and video softwares too.

I would like to know if it will make any difference if I were to run serato in the windows side please? This way I can easily switch between serato and my windows softwares without having to restart the mac.
mixgoonie 1:05 PM - 1 May, 2018
No difference at alll
startupdj 1:09 PM - 1 May, 2018
Thanks! I have always heard that Serato works best on a mac instead of windows so I am guessing that meant serato works best with mac hardware and not windows hardware, is this correct?
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:36 PM - 1 May, 2018
Quote:
Thanks! I have always heard that Serato works best on a mac instead of windows so I am guessing that meant serato works best with mac hardware and not windows hardware, is this correct?

Used to be the rule of thumb but both mac and windows users now have their own fairshare of issues.

Scratch Live days mac was king
startupdj 2:46 PM - 1 May, 2018
Hmnn, friend of mine had bought a new i7 8gb ram lenovo laptop and serato always had freezing problems. I remember a guy at a popular DJ gear shop telling me that windows machines are not good for serato.

Since they sell and setup DJ gear on a regular basis, I saw no reason to doubt him. I have always been wondering if it's the windows software or hardware which is not best for serato.
DJ Tecniq 8:03 PM - 1 May, 2018
Quote:
Scratch Live days mac was king
Who’s ya daddy!
mixgoonie 8:04 PM - 1 May, 2018
Used it currently only on dell laptops, even old dell one and had no any issues.
Aptidda 8:36 PM - 1 May, 2018
It always makes a difference if using PC or Mac. PC is always the last to receive any updates. The Mac is superior in all fashions. You can tell a broke DJ from a well to do DJ by the type of computer they use.

See someone gigging with a PC? They are hard up on their luck for sure. In DJ Land, PC's are like what we would consider 3rd world countries. Mac's are the established Western and European states.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:59 PM - 1 May, 2018
Quote:
You can tell a broke DJ from a well to do DJ by the type of computer they use.

haha you use a mac mini, say's it all really
Aptidda 9:42 PM - 1 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
You can tell a broke DJ from a well to do DJ by the type of computer they use.

haha you use a mac mini, say's it all really

"MAC" Mini yes, fully spec'd with the faster i7, 16gb of ram, and Fusion Drive? Of course! 2 other Apple Laptops (fully spec'd 2012 and fully spec'd 2017) oh yes!
RR437T 10:50 PM - 1 May, 2018
Quote:
Hey guys, I just installed a windows 10 partition on a MBP 2012 A1278 model. I did this because I run windows based music and video softwares too.

I would like to know if it will make any difference if I were to run serato in the windows side please? This way I can easily switch between serato and my windows softwares without having to restart the mac.

Were you able to get around installing Windows on the first primary partition?
mixgoonie 9:37 AM - 2 May, 2018
I've used a Macbook Air 2011 and many pc's laptops and never been facing any issue, now it is true that since i've seen this Watchwww.youtube.com

I no longer advice using any Apple product...

Also, even with games and lot of other stuff, never had any issue, which i know is not a good practice.