Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Beatgrids set in DJ different in Pro

deejayfatcat 11:30 PM - 28 April, 2018
I'm noticing that grids I set in DJ are showing ahead in Pro. When I go back to DJ they are fine. Anyone else notice this?
Andrei Matei 1:51 AM - 30 April, 2018
Yup. I have an active ticket working with the team on this. Unfortunately, they are saying they can't reproduce it, yet we all can reproduce it. :)

For now, my recommendation is use Serato DJ to set grids and Serato DJ Pro to play out. Having multiple versions isn't a problem. I have SSL 2.5, SDJ 1.7.8, SDJ 1.9.10, and SDJ Pro 2.0.2 all on my DJ laptop.
deejayfatcat 2:05 AM - 30 April, 2018
Thx for confirming. I do have SSL and SDJ on my laptop as well, however I think grids I also set in SDJ are showing ahead in SDJP.

Quote:
Yup. I have an active ticket working with the team on this. Unfortunately, they are saying they can't reproduce it, yet we all can reproduce it. :)

For now, my recommendation is use Serato DJ to set grids and Serato DJ Pro to play out. Having multiple versions isn't a problem. I have SSL 2.5, SDJ 1.7.8, SDJ 1.9.10, and SDJ Pro 2.0.2 all on my DJ laptop.
deejayfatcat 1:49 PM - 8 September, 2018
Updated to 2.04 and this is still a problem. Not using Pro live because the grids are and cue points are off.
RR437T 7:37 PM - 8 September, 2018
Are you locking them?
deejayfatcat 10:20 PM - 8 September, 2018
Ive never done that before. Let me look into it.
RR437T 12:51 AM - 9 September, 2018
Quote:
Ive never done that before. Let me look into it.

That's probably it. I don't know why, but Serato seems to have a mind of its own and will move beat grids all around if you don't lock them.

Its simple to do. If you look on the bottom part of the screen where your songs are listed, go to the very first column all the way to the left. Its small and can't be resized. Highlight the song you want to lock, and control click in that small column. You should see a blue lock, If you need to make any changed to the grid, just control click on the lock and it will go away.
deejayfatcat 2:27 AM - 9 September, 2018
I did it. It didn’t work.
Andrei Matei 8:14 AM - 6 May, 2019
Confirmed this is still a problem in SDJ Pro 2.1.1. :(