Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJpro strugges with anylizing M4a files

Christ beats I. 11:14 AM - 27 April, 2018
I dont expect i am the only one with this issues at present but it seems that SDJpro really struggles anylizing m4a files. Its very, very slow. Has anyone else had the issue recently? I expect it maybe deat with in a later update via serato tech team but for now iam getting old waiting for my library to be anylized. I also noticed beat grids keep dissappearing and the random tracks have to be reanylized...anyway carry on regardless.
Marcus Gaitzsch 12:28 PM - 27 April, 2018
same here...win10 machine, m4a files are very very slow in analysing and large one wont play correctly because of slow decoding.
Christ beats I. 1:56 PM - 27 April, 2018
Quote:
same here...win10 machine, m4a files are very very slow in analysing and large one wont play correctly because of slow decoding.

It would be helpful if Mac users could say if they are having the same issues or not. At least it may help us who use Windows identify the problem.
Volunteers welcome!!
Dilemma123 2:16 PM - 27 April, 2018
I'm also having the same issues and also on win10.

- closes randomly, luckly not while I'm working.
- titles of certain songs go missing when you're in Library Window mode
-reanalyzing new songs, 3 and 4 times and still not working.

is it me or does the songs seems to be play louder?

Has anyone heard about any updates to fix these strange issues?
DJ Tecniq 6:04 PM - 27 April, 2018
M4A is actually iTunes format and this is not a issue on Mac as my iTunes files analyze completely fine. Must be a windows problem. Windows & Serato don’t get along.
DJ Chris AKA DJ 99 8:21 AM - 28 April, 2018
Win10 also same problem
Sticking with 1.9.10 for now

Response from Serato Support below

“Micquel Dixon (Serato)
Apr 22, 10:33 NZST

Hey there Christopher,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

It is a known issue with the m4a files. We are looking into possible solutions with our newer updates.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.”
Christ beats I. 8:38 AM - 28 April, 2018
Quote:
M4A is actually iTunes format and this is not a issue on Mac as my iTunes files analyze completely fine. Must be a windows problem. Windows & Serato don’t get along.

Thanks, I thought this would be the way things would be with Mac. I have a PC that is more powerful than most Macs and this morning when trying to analyse 800+ tracks Serato DJpro literally ran out of steam after 89 tracks and just stopped altogether. To some degree its disappointing but never mind. I guess its just Mac or nothing.
Ian Williams 2:39 PM - 28 April, 2018
Yep, same here.

I've just made a move over from a Mac (11" i5 Air) to a PC (New Dell XPS13), & I've got the same problem with AAC/m4a.

Back on 1.9.10 until they get this sorted.