Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Questions About Crates

J dot B Dot 2:42 PM - 25 April, 2018
Hey everyone,

I have a question about crates. Suppose i have a song on my desktop that i once loaded into Serato for an event, and the song and its folder remained on my desktop. If i delete the crate in Serato (CTRL + Delete), why can i still search for this song if the crate it was in (the only crate) was deleted from Serato? I was always under the impression that you can only search songs that were in your crates? The only way i am unable to search for the song, is to delete it from the crate itself, and then delete the crate.

Why cant just deleting the crate cause the same action? What am i missing here?
DJ Stygma 3:23 PM - 25 April, 2018
That would suck because I make crates for weddings and then delete them when the wedding is done. I would not want deleting the crate to delete the song because I will use it again in the future for other events.
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:34 PM - 25 April, 2018
When you add a crate it also adds those tracks to the all section, when you delete the crate it does not remove it from the all section,

If you remove it from all aswell the track should be gone completely from searches amd the serato library
J dot B Dot 9:07 AM - 26 April, 2018
I guess then my question would be, how to remove it from the "all"? As lets say today i make a folder on my desktop called Artists for May 1. I then drag that crate to Serato, i use it and the event is done. I know i will work with these people in 6 months, therefore i don't want to delete the desktop folder, but i want to delete it from Serato. I delete the crate (CTRL plus DEL). Now its gone but the songs still come up if i search. I want to prevent that, is that possible?
DJ Stygma 3:24 PM - 26 April, 2018
I think you have to delete each song in the all folder individually
Dj MacMillz 8:47 PM - 26 April, 2018
Shift-Ctrl-Del will delete and send it to the trash. It will be removed and won’t show up when searched.