DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

How long do we have to put up with the Rane Troll SERATO???

Mr. Goodkat 8:57 PM - 23 April, 2018
at first it was funny, but now its clear its someone from rane because literally no one in the history of the board has ever come on daily to push the 72 and talk trash about other mixers.

not mad, but seriously it does violate the 'selling or advertising' rule that this forum uses to wipe out trolls and posting like this
dj_soo 10:27 PM - 23 April, 2018
this forum needs a serious upgrade to have some more modern features. High on the list would be editing comments and being able to ignore specific users.
dj_soo 10:27 PM - 23 April, 2018
I also don't think he's a shill - just a troll that sees the response he's getting and enjoys the attention he's getting.
Gio Alex 11:01 PM - 23 April, 2018
Bruh, literally every comment is "get the rane 72". It could be thread about speakers or computers.
Gio Alex 11:02 PM - 23 April, 2018
Quote:
this forum needs a serious upgrade to have some more modern features. High on the list would be editing comments and being able to ignore specific users.

I've been saying this for YEARS. The edit button is key.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:06 PM - 23 April, 2018
if serato added an edit button they would just take it away in a few months saying no one used it
dj_soo 2:38 AM - 24 April, 2018
Posting on this forum feels like I went back in time to 2005
dj_soo 3:19 AM - 24 April, 2018
Keep reporting his shitposts and he'll get banned eventually
Mr. Goodkat 5:39 AM - 24 April, 2018
Quote:
Posting on this forum feels like I went back in time to 2005

exactly, right when sixx and bezzle quit arguing we're right back pointless stuff like this
Clubber1970 11:56 AM - 24 April, 2018
For me his posts are like a running gag in this forum.

I think every thread has to be closed with the words:
"Buy a Rane72. Throw everything else away or spill water on it"

It's a solution for everything.
For me all this is very funny.
DJ Irv 12:06 PM - 24 April, 2018
He/She doesn't add anything productive to the forum. He/She just blindly bigups Rane.
Gio Alex 1:34 PM - 24 April, 2018
Quote:
For me his posts are like a running gag in this forum.

I think every thread has to be closed with the words:
"Buy a Rane72. Throw everything else away or spill water on it"

It's a solution for everything.
For me all this is very funny.

LMAO so true
Djkom 2:25 PM - 24 April, 2018
My (constructive?) answer to those Rane 72 fans: serato.com

Let's see how they will react 😅 😅 😅
 6 2:27 PM - 24 April, 2018
All other mixers suck. Buy the Rane 72.
WildcardX 2:58 PM - 24 April, 2018
Quote:
My (constructive?) answer to those Rane 72 fans: serato.com

Let's see how they will react 😅 😅 😅

He'll soon respond trying to troll your abilities and who you are and you suck and you should buy a 72 because it is the NEW KING!
Aptidda 4:00 PM - 24 April, 2018
Good morning Serato Friends!

Ok, ok, ok- I think I am finally over the initial excitement of the Rane 72. And in all honesty the Serato S9 was a great mixer, however the Rane 72 just works for my setup and workflow (especially having a Mac Mini and not having to use a screen anymore) which is a huge plus for me. It was a long time coming and I was very excited about the build up of the release, and I may have said some things that may nave erked some people, but I’m entitled to my own opinion.

After owning the 72 for a while now there are some things that I like noticeably better than the S9, and some things that I would possibly change. For one I absolutely love the faders, both the feeling (crossfader with magnet almost all the way out) and cut in time on them is exceptional, especially as I enjoy cutting on the up fader in Hamster this has made my transform cuts bananas. Another thing that I really do like are the pads and their feel, as well as the ease of access to so many options with the simple press of the smaller pads above the cues.

Of course the screen is great and I think the Mixer is well laid out. One gripe is the lack of post fader for Serato FX (which is going to be fixed in a firmware update here shortly). Also the switches to make the faders hamster are a little small, and its kind of a pain in the butt to adjust the tension no the faders having to remove the faceplate and all. The S9 was cool to have the fader feeling adjust on the outside. Overall I just look forward to the mixer getting better in time and it has served me well so far and I haven’t experienced a single giltch or crash in Serato (with over 30+ hours of use and a single 9+ hour set performed with multiple djs’).
Mr. Goodkat 4:17 PM - 24 April, 2018
gotta be a rane troll - clearly their marketing budget is non existent.

There are only a few dj boards that still have any posts and since Rane does have some link to Serato (in the past, its a native serato mixer), clearly they've focused their efforts here.

there has never been a poster that specifically focused all post efforts on one product, its fairly clear. Who knows maybe serato is cool with it...
Mr. Goodkat 4:17 PM - 24 April, 2018
actually i guess he's focused on the 12 too. either way, its obvious
Mr. Goodkat 4:21 PM - 24 April, 2018
at least 99% of these post say something about the 72 over the s9

serato.com

its kinda what russian trolls do to american politics.

its not helpful for new users that need help and information
AKIEM 4:23 PM - 24 April, 2018
theres some Pioneer trolls here too right?
 6 5:45 PM - 24 April, 2018
So one mentions Rane products excessively and the other one mentions that one person excessively.

I don’t know which one is worse.

😂
d:raf 6:00 PM - 24 April, 2018
Let him troll, if for no other reason than it's a nice switch-up from hearing ya'll prattle on about Tech 1200's for decades :).
WildcardX 6:30 PM - 24 April, 2018
Quote:
Good morning Serato Friends!

Ok, ok, ok- I think I am finally over the initial excitement of the Rane 72. And in all honesty the Serato S9 was a great mixer, however the Rane 72 just works for my setup and workflow (especially having a Mac Mini and not having to use a screen anymore) which is a huge plus for me. It was a long time coming and I was very excited about the build up of the release, and I may have said some things that may nave erked some people, but I’m entitled to my own opinion.

After owning the 72 for a while now there are some things that I like noticeably better than the S9, and some things that I would possibly change. For one I absolutely love the faders, both the feeling (crossfader with magnet almost all the way out) and cut in time on them is exceptional, especially as I enjoy cutting on the up fader in Hamster this has made my transform cuts bananas. Another thing that I really do like are the pads and their feel, as well as the ease of access to so many options with the simple press of the smaller pads above the cues.

Of course the screen is great and I think the Mixer is well laid out. One gripe is the lack of post fader for Serato FX (which is going to be fixed in a firmware update here shortly). Also the switches to make the faders hamster are a little small, and its kind of a pain in the butt to adjust the tension no the faders having to remove the faceplate and all. The S9 was cool to have the fader feeling adjust on the outside. Overall I just look forward to the mixer getting better in time and it has served me well so far and I haven’t experienced a single giltch or crash in Serato (with over 30+ hours of use and a single 9+ hour set performed with multiple djs’).

Okay, I give this comment some credit since it seemed objective enough and was just a matter of having fun trolling along with the excitement.