Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Wedding and Mobile DJs - Features We Need (Really, all DJs do)

DJ STAFF 12:27 AM - 18 April, 2018
As a DJ, I love Serato, but as someone whose majority of events are weddings, there are some things I'd like to see which would make our jobs MUCH easier and switch more wedding DJs over.

1. Automix for Cocktail Hour/Dinner - Virtual DJ has this feature, which is why so many wedding DJs use it. You can play music during dinner/cocktail and go straight into dancing. I'm talking the ability to simply crossfade songs from a playlist so there aren't long, dead silences
2. Tracks in the "Prepare" menu don't disappear simply for cueing them - "Sidelist" in VDJ does this very well
3. The ability to remove some songs from your search database for 24 hours - So that when clients have a "do not play" list, you can make those songs invisible in your library so that there is NO CHANCE you will play them.
4. Split Search - Search Primarily in the crate that you have selected but see results from the remainder of your library on the bottom half of the library menu, eliminating the need to go back and fourth between "all audio" and a specific crate (Once again, just like VDJ has).

These are just my ideas on some features that I think would be INCREDIBLY useful AND draw more people to Serato.
Ian Williams 10:34 PM - 21 April, 2018
Regarding Automix for use during dinner, ......here's what I do.

Fire up iTunes on your laptop, set it to crossfade between tracks. Run itunes out of the laptops headphone socket in to a spare channel on your mixer/controller. The quality is adequate for background music.

Boom! .....continuous cross faded dinner music!
DJ STAFF 2:24 PM - 22 April, 2018
Quote:
Regarding Automix for use during dinner, ......here's what I do.

Fire up iTunes on your laptop, set it to crossfade between tracks. Run itunes out of the laptops headphone socket in to a spare channel on your mixer/controller. The quality is adequate for background music.

Boom! .....continuous cross faded dinner music!

That's what I've been doing, so it's not bad, but some of my dinner music has like 20 seconds of silence at the end, and itunes will auto fade a certain time from the end of the song, not when the silence starts. :(
Ian Williams 2:50 PM - 22 April, 2018
If you've got a file with 20" of silence on the end....
In iTunes, click on "get info" for the file in question. In one of the tabs you can actually adjust the start & end times.
This will only adjust it for playback in iTunes.
DJ STAFF 3:59 PM - 22 April, 2018
Quote:
If you've got a file with 20" of silence on the end....
In iTunes, click on "get info" for the file in question. In one of the tabs you can actually adjust the start & end times.
This will only adjust it for playback in iTunes.

Really? Thanks man!