Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

usb issue with sl4

king zukie 6:21 PM - 16 April, 2018
hi all i use MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 with high serria with the latest version of serato. i use 2 hardware which are pioneer sx1 that works fine, but when i use my serato sl4 i get serato not responding and the light on the serato box doesn't come on and i also get the spinning wheel. what can i do to solve this issue
popnwave 6:42 PM - 16 April, 2018
Have any other machines to try it on? Could be a bum SL4...
17tr2 8:30 PM - 16 April, 2018
Plug in whatever you can. Try not to run anything off batteries or usb power unless you have to. Also make sure your 2 devices are not on the same usb bus. USB 2 and 3 are completely separate, so if you have both, use them. Also, don't use any other usb devices. Not sure is that's what your problem is, but its worth trying.
17tr2 8:31 PM - 16 April, 2018
I forgot to mention, you may want to try different cables as well. Terminations go bad all the time and can cause all kinds of problems.
DJMIYAGI 11:00 PM - 16 April, 2018
Watchwww.youtube.com
I'm having a similar issue, but when I use USB cables other than the ones that came with the SL4, my Mac crashes. Latest firmware, software, etc.
Stefan Van Dingenen 12:27 AM - 26 May, 2019
I’m experiencing the same issue. Me and my body both play with a separate MacBook on 1 SL4. Since i bought my new MacBook i can’t get the sl4 to work. I also have an SL3, hè works fine.
When i plug in the SL4 i get the message it’s trying to connect and this can take up to a minute. But after i while it says it was not possible to connect.