Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane 12 pitch issue

Dave-M 5:53 PM - 14 April, 2018
So if I have the 8% pitch set to -8 and I then select the 16%, the platter stays at the same speed, likewise if I select the 50% button, the pitch remains the same until the pitch slider is moved significantly. Doesn't seem to do it at the + end. Software bug? Does everyone else's do this before I report it to Rane? Thanks.
DJMIYAGI 6:04 PM - 14 April, 2018
On my SX2 when I would change the pitch range, I would just flick the pitch fader up and down real quickly and it would take on the new range. Are you saying it's doing the same but only on the - side?
Dave-M 7:28 PM - 14 April, 2018
Thanks. Just had another play and I can make it do it at either end of the pitch slider. It also does it regardless of whatever pitch range you start off with.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:37 PM - 14 April, 2018
sounds like something they would put in so if you hit it by mistake it doesn't mess with the mix till the pitch is moved
dj_soo 7:45 PM - 14 April, 2018
Yea this is by design I think. Same thing happens on controllers. The pitch range doesn’t register until you move the pitch fader.
Dave-M 7:54 PM - 14 April, 2018
That must be it then. Thanks for the help :D
DJ Tecniq 9:01 AM - 15 April, 2018
Correct my SR2 is the same. The pitch change won’t take effect till you move the pitch slider. This is normal