Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

**ISSUE WITH CUE PADS** with newest software and RANE 72

Nick Petino 11:16 PM - 11 April, 2018
Not sure if its a software issue or a hardware issue, but i will type it out and you be the judge.

Ordered the new Rane 72 and a pair of Twelves.
Literally opened up the box an hour ago and set everything up.
I'm having an issue with the cue pads on the 72 Mixer.

There is two banks of 4 cue pads on each side (one bank on top of the other)

When i hit the second and third cue pad on the top row of cue pads on the right, They both set each other off.
Meaning, ill press cue pad 2, and pad 2 and 3 will activate at the same time and vice versa.
ill press cue pad 3, and cue pad 2 will also activate at the same time.
Doesn't matter which "set" is used (i.e., cue/autoloop/roll/sampler/slicer) this happens on all of them.

another example, when in sample mode, both samples assigned to 2 and 3 are played when pressing one or the other.

Is this a midi assignment Issue? a software issue?
I can't imagine the unit is defective straight from the factory, and if so, i'm gonna be quite upset.

Thanks in advance
pdidy 2:03 AM - 12 April, 2018
CHECK THE MANUEL AND do a hardware reset.
DJ Tecniq 6:44 AM - 12 April, 2018
Post a clip of what’s going on.
DJ Bully 9:36 AM - 12 April, 2018
Could be just over sensitive, can sensitivity be adjusted? Had similar with my DJ-808, but fine once you knock sensitivity down a notch or 2.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:08 AM - 12 April, 2018
Might be bad pads, I had a akai lpd8 that would also trigger near by pads when pressed
Nick Petino 3:51 PM - 12 April, 2018
I adjusted sensitivity, and still same result.
I have a video but I don’t know how to attach or post them. How can I do that on this forum
popnwave 3:59 PM - 12 April, 2018
Stick it on YouTube and link it here.
DJ Tecniq 4:11 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
I adjusted sensitivity, and still same result.
I have a video but I don’t know how to attach or post them. How can I do that on this forum
Yup upload to YouTube for the world to see Rane’s outstanding build quality😊
Nick Petino 4:27 PM - 12 April, 2018
youtu.be

Check it out
popnwave 4:28 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
Yup upload to YouTube for the world to see Rane’s outstanding build quality😊

Gonna turn green from that envy if you're not careful!
Nick Petino 4:32 PM - 12 April, 2018
I know I only posted the lights lighting up when each button is depressed but rest assure that both buttons are shown being pressed on the software as well as the Sound effects of pressing both.
DJ Tecniq 4:37 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
youtu.be

Check it out
Def looks defective. No firmware update? That is not something normal. Try a factory reset.
DJ Tecniq 4:39 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
Gonna turn green from that envy if you're not careful!
Oh believe me I’m grinning from cheek to cheek. First bad apple from Rane🤢
Terrence Stokes 4:44 PM - 12 April, 2018
There is a control panel update on Ranes website. I downloaded it but how do you update the firmware? or do a Factory Reset?
Nick Petino 6:07 PM - 12 April, 2018
Spoke to RANE, walked me through a bunch of troubleshooting procedures and deemed the units as defective. Sending me a new unit today. Thanks again. I’ll delete the post shortly
Aptidda 6:10 PM - 12 April, 2018
ya Rane customer service is second to none. I'm sure your downtime without a unit will be minimal. Sorry to hear about your 72, my unit doesn't have that issue.
popnwave 6:12 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
Spoke to RANE, walked me through a bunch of troubleshooting procedures and deemed the units as defective. Sending me a new unit today. Thanks again. I’ll delete the post shortly

I don't think you can delete anything, but it's good to see posts like this about bum units. If someone else has the same problem and finds this, it will help their troubleshooting immensely!
dj_soo 6:28 PM - 12 April, 2018
I’ve been hearing of some defective units which is bound to happen with any new gear. The good news is that every issue people have reported has also come with stellar reviews about their customer service handling it promptly. Good news for those worried about InMusic handling rane’s customer service.
Nick Petino 6:54 PM - 12 April, 2018
Yes RANE’s customer service is very very good, exceptional
DJ Tecniq 7:28 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
Way to go on their part but don’t feel bad my first S9 was defective. It happens I’m sure they’ll ship you a newly manufactured product from their 2nd shipment.
dj_soo 10:52 PM - 12 April, 2018
Quote:
Yes RANE’s customer service is very very good, exceptional

It was when they were independent. This is the first we get to see how InMusic handles it and so far, it's been pretty good...