DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

When there is a new Pioneer DDJ SX3 controller

djeton 7:36 PM - 9 April, 2018
there is someone who knows about a new SX3 controller from the pioneer
popnwave 9:35 PM - 9 April, 2018
I am still holding onto my SX, wonky left platter and all. I'd love to see an SX3 drop, or whatever the heir apparent is.
Jvine 9:51 PM - 9 April, 2018
We use an SX at spot I play at. I've started to notice something funky with dips in the crossfader, but for being an instal for over 2 years, and especially being Pioneer gear, it's held up quite well.

I used my buddy's SX2 for weddings and quick mobile gigs, and I can't say enough good things about, especially for $900 piece of gear. I keep debating purchasing my own, but I'm scared of obsolescence with controllers.
popnwave 2:55 PM - 10 April, 2018
With a $1000 or less controller a 4-5 year window of use is what you should get.

Certainly not my flag ship setup, but it beats breaking out the TTs and mixer in a lot of settings.
DJ Cyrix 6:35 AM - 11 April, 2018
Some Vietnamese websites advertise it as being released in May.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:19 PM - 11 April, 2018
Quote:
Some Vietnamese websites advertise it as being released in May.

How is your Vietnamese

hocdj.net
michsemann 8:01 AM - 31 May, 2018
Clubber1970 8:37 AM - 31 May, 2018
The release of the new SX3 will be in june. It will have two soundcards and onboard sound color effects and lower lantency jog wheels.
popnwave 6:23 PM - 31 May, 2018
Looks like a nice update.
DJ Unique 6:38 PM - 31 May, 2018
Very cool
SG SOUNDS 2:01 AM - 1 June, 2018
Quote:
The release of the new SX3 will be in june. It will have two soundcards and onboard sound color effects and lower lantency jog wheels.

Will it have a better soundcard than the sx2? pioneer needs to make a controller that sounds as good as the Roland 808
Clubber1970 5:43 AM - 1 June, 2018
No one except Pioneer knows that cause it is not yet released. But I think it has a slightly better soundcard. We have to wait for the first reviews.
SG SOUNDS 12:13 PM - 1 June, 2018
Quote:
No one except Pioneer knows that cause it is not yet released. But I think it has a slightly better soundcard. We have to wait for the first reviews.

slightly better ain't good enough..Pioneer need to step up and make the sx3 sound as good as the sz2... just adding a few minor features is not truly a upgrade over the sx2....I was hoping the sx3 would of been like the dj1000 controller
popnwave 1:03 PM - 1 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

slightly better ain't good enough..Pioneer need to step up and make the sx3 sound as good as the sz2... just adding a few minor features is not truly a upgrade over the sx2....I was hoping the sx3 would of been like the dj1000 controller

They aren't going to offer the top tier card in a mid tier controller, that's silly.

SX3 was a natural upgrade for the line, the DDJ-1000 is a completely different device. You people clown yourself thinking otherwise. Pioneer is smart enough to keep a few toys for it's own ecosystem while still tapping the Serato market with other models.
JDforKing 1:30 PM - 1 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They aren't going to offer the top tier card in a mid tier controller, that's silly.

SX3 was a natural upgrade for the line, the DDJ-1000 is a completely different device. You people clown yourself thinking otherwise. Pioneer is smart enough to keep a few toys for it's own ecosystem while still tapping the Serato market with other models.

I was thinking the same thing. +11111
Aptidda 6:23 PM - 4 June, 2018
I'm thoroughly excited about the SX3. I am going to wall mount it in my kitchen and use the faders and knobs to hang my pots and pans in my new Bay Area Home.