Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Missing MIDI mapping options in Serato DJ Pro

onthe1 6:03 AM - 8 April, 2018
Am I missing something or can we no longer MIDI map pitch control in Serato DJ Pro? (v2.0.1) I remember that there used to be a pitch slider, (in v1.9.9 or 1.9.10 I think) and maybe some other controls as well, that appeared next to each deck when you click on the MIDI button. I had this MIDI mapped because there aren't any pitch controls (except nudge) on my main gear set-up.

I'd prefer not to have to revert back to an earlier version of Serato but I'm not going to buy a Rane 12 or something just to have a pitch slider either. I hope that wasn't the intention because Serato was already inflexible enough as it was.
DjSyndic8 10:41 AM - 8 April, 2018
did you have your controller plugged in to enable midi mapping?
onthe1 11:44 AM - 8 April, 2018
Yeah, I have MIDI mapping enabled for the controller too. Otherwise the MIDI button doesn't work. The MIDI button still works and the MIDI mapping screen comes up, it's just that the pitch faders on each deck don't appear any more.
dj_soo 9:12 PM - 8 April, 2018
which piece of hardware?
Bornd Fono 5:16 AM - 9 April, 2018
Make sure you are in INT (internal) mode when you activate midi mapping. The pitch sliders just are shown there and are NOT shown when in relative mode.
onthe1 6:57 PM - 25 April, 2018
Hi y'all. Thanks for the help.

I'm not using DVS so there's no int/rel/abs options available.

I tried several hardware set-ups and I don't get the midi mappable pitch sliders in the software with any of them. (I did in 1.9.10)

Set-up one:
A&H Xone:db2
Akai AFX
(plus various unsupported MIDI controllers)

Set-up two:
Roland DJ-202 (I don't really need the pitch controls for this one but I tried it just to see if they appeared)

So you all are getting the pitch sliders on Serato's display next to the decks with DVS in INT mode in Serato DJ Pro?
Telony Ex 1:02 PM - 26 April, 2018
i posted about this before. U r right. In sdj pro. The option to midi map the pitch faders and the pitch range is unavailable. A work around which is ise is to downgrade to a version pror to sdj pro and do the mappngs. Prior versions will show the pitch slider in midi map mode regardles of rel or abs mode. Facts.

I have a wego 3 and needed to map a button to change pitch range. Thats how i stumbled upon all this. I found a little hack while i was at it as well.

I am now able to save my pitch range at +/-16% even after closing sdj. Good stuff
Iffy Ranx 4:40 PM - 26 April, 2018
Quote:

I am now able to save my pitch range at +/-16% even after closing sdj. Good stuff

How did you manage to save your pitch range at +/-16? I have a Numark NS6 and I’d like Serato to remember this setting.
Telony Ex 1:29 AM - 27 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

How did you manage to save your pitch range at +/-16? I have a Numark NS6 and I’d like Serato to remember this setting.

This is how it worked for me. Using sdj 1.9.6 And any other controller than ur primary. Create a map for the pitch range. Use newly mapped button to set pitch range to -/+16. Save map. Now connect in ur case ur ns6. It shud open up at 16%. If that works great. U can now close and open serato at 16%
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:20 AM - 27 April, 2018
Hi all,

I can reproduce the issue you have all described, it does appear to be a new issue in 2.0+. I've logged this as a bug, thanks for raising this!

Cheers,
Michael.
onthe1 6:45 AM - 17 January, 2019
It looks like this was fixed somewhere between then and now. (v2.1) I'm only getting 1 bpm resolution (same as before I think) but it's good enough for my purposes. Thanks.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:42 AM - 18 January, 2019
Yes, this issue was fixed in 2.1 :)
dj zaza 4:47 PM - 3 February, 2019
Michael R. I also noticed that if you use the Pitch of Ns7 iii this will move 1%, but if I go to map the pitch of Serato DJ Pro 2.1 this will move by 2%, because you can not have the pitch correction at 1%.
dj zaza 4:50 PM - 3 February, 2019
I'll give you a small example if I have a song at 100 bpm, with the native pitch of Ns7 iii I'll have the move 100.1 if I'm going to map the pitch, I'll have the move to 100.2.
TGK 5:58 PM - 10 May, 2020
In SDJ Pro 2.3.4 can only map the pitch + and - (bend). we cannot use the Ctrl + or Ctrl - midi mapping. Do you know how I can map pitch slider to buttons/pads. I want to use keyboard short cuts E and R in buttons/pads.